Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

I like what you said about the development going strong and the release date is still set for December 2017 :D
by adom11800
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

At first I was disappointed with this news as we were getting the game in about six months but you know what, this is much more a good thing then it is bad. I was thinking it would be delayed until Feb/March 2018 so my jaw kind of dropped when Yu Suzuki said 'second half of 2018' but he gives a very good and positive reason.

The game will be bigger, better and more polished, sure it's quite a delay but that time will spend in making the game we all want and what Yu Suzuki wants. We want it more like the first to games and for it to be different as well. It was so satisfying to hear that he's now able to make the game more like his sixteen year long dream vision and his other quote 'In many ways, the game has become bigger and more beautiful than I initially expected' was a beautiful thing to hear. Every Shenmue fan wants to hear that. I'm pleased for Yu Suzuki that he has found out he can do more with the game, with new possibilities and with the technology. Now that the game won't be out for quite awhile and some time next year, this gives more time for Shenmue HD to come out. I personally don't see it happening at E3 but that doesn't mean it won't ever be.

We have a pretty long road ahead of us guys but in the end I think and hope Shenmue III will be worth it. We want the best version of the game for it to be a success, not for it to be a failure and for the series to go into development hell again. We want to see how the story finishes and for that we want to see Yu Suzuki's game and if we can 'beautiful' just like the first two games. I'm liking the nice and positive reactions of the delay by the way. It's goes to show how much people love Shenmue as a community. We did save Shenmue after all.

How good is it gonna be when we finally see a trailer of Shenmue 3 and gameplay? The future is bright I hope.
by adom11800
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Can we please do another countdown to E3/twitch/stream kind of thing? This is more exciting then E3 as we know Shenmue 3 is gonna be there for real, there's gonna be actual footage and also new announcements. I used to love getting home from work and going on youtube to see everyone chatting while Shenmue music played. Good times.
by adom11800
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Very good update! This is what happens if you are patient and don't expect too much. (Well sometimes anyway).
I had a feeling they would be attending gamescom! Can't believe they are gonna be showing movie clips, updates and new announcements! I'm very glad about the logo and liking the look of the new characters too. \:D/
by adom11800
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

Yeah it's like Ys Net wants to show us some good things but they can't so they are trying work on that so they can show the public instead. If that's the case it means they want to it to be out in the open rather then it being limited! :D
The update specifically points out that information shown in the business area will be disseminated by games media, so the public will be shown regardless of whether they can arrange an event for fans with passes only for the entertainment area.
Yeah you're right, maybe it's just me getting a bit confused by all this, sorry. I'm sure regardless of how they are gonna be there or how they show Shenmue III, it will be good. Even if Shenmue HD never happens I'm hoping Shenmue 3 will still be a success.
by adom11800
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #70: Gamescom 2017 Update #1

Everything shown at Gamescom was just gonna be shown online anyway so it doesn't really make a big difference to us. The fans who are actually gonna be there will hopefully see it through the media outlets at the conference somehow. Won't it all be shown to the public there anyway? They may even get to see all the stuff as well as other things as the update says, they are trying to do something with the fans in the entertainment area. Hopefully anyway if not then I wouldn't blame them for being annoyed.
by adom11800
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

The hype train has arrived! Gamescom starts three weeks from Tuesday the 1st of August. Really hope the Shenmue fans going will get to see everything as well as extra stuff. So glad about the update being posted around the same time when gamescom starts. Really hope it on be on the 22nd but hey got to be patient.
by adom11800
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

And it is just my opinion, but if Ryo, and Shenfa are not 100% like in shenmue 1 and 2, it is not a issue for me.

The face of Kiryu Kazuma has evolved between yakuza 1 and yakuza 6
Same thing fore drake ans uncharted
I couldn't agree with you more. Look at the Monkey Island series, Guybrush couldn't look more different if they tried. Every series is pretty much the same. I really think we shouldn't worry too much until we see actual footage.
by adom11800
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

I'm pretty sure this is the exact same model that we saw in that other promotional image.
How much a different angle and different looking direction can improve it, is incredible. But of course since it's very reminiscent of the Shenmue cover it of course instantly boosts the familiarity. Still confused about the logo...

Anyways, the engines are definately revving up now!
Haha love that quote and glad you are happy SheepheadCG.
by adom11800
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Oh my god, I loved this trailer! Shenmue 3 looks beautiful! Ryo and Shenhua looks so damn good! This trailer made me so happy! I wasn't expecting the game to look this good as it's still not out for another year or so but my god this is Shenmue! Right from the start it gave me that vibe! Seriously Yu Suzuki, you have done a great job and I couldn't be more grateful to you.

I don't think the characters look emotionless, I've never been one to care what others think but maybe they could show a bit more emotion I guess but this is one the first trailer. The FIRST trailer of Shenmue 3. Hopefully the emotions of the characters face will improve but it's still not bad. I definitely saw it in the characters and felt everything Shenmue through the whole trailer!

So glad you guys liked it too!
by adom11800
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Loving that Japanese Shenmue III logo.
by adom11800
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #78: Then, Now and Tomorrow

^ Lol hopefully man. It would be good to have same battle system but different as well. A change can be good.

Well if it's one thing for certain it's that the battle system will be different. This was to be expected. Who remembers that scene with the *blind* man in his room in Shenmue 2? Maybe it will be similar to that.

It's interesting but a bit worrying at the same time.

That is a good point as differences in the battle system could in turn work positively and really make the game stand out attracting interest for new people to the series. We know that Yu has shown his potential over the years to be innovative and this is important as we need this for the game to be a success in terms of sales to a wider audience than just existing Shenmue fans. Ultimately after this number of years and a different engine the game is bound to have some degree of a different feel and as long as it retains the essence of “Shenmue” i will really enjoy the game. From what i have seen thus far Yu has definitely achieved that in my opinion. Great to hear the hard work going into Shenhua’s model and really looking forward to seeing the updates at Magic. An exciting year 2018 ahead!

Well said man.
by adom11800
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's Conference at MAGIC 2018 [ENG]

^ I agree. Quite relived too.
by adom11800
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So does Shenmue III ride the coattails for E3?

Surely they have to show something? It would be seriously bad if they didn't and I think Yu Suzuki even said that fans will get impatient.
If they show anything at E3 then it's hard to know what they will show. I think they could still show a trailer with voices as it gives them enough time but who knows. My best bet is a gameplay trailer, showing the battle system, Ryo running around, etc.

E3 is as good as time as any to show Shenmue III.
by adom11800
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So does Shenmue III ride the coattails for E3?

E3 is as good as time as any to show Shenmue III.

100% right! Everybody is talking about the Shenmue franchise, it's the perfect time to show some videos, I'm sure also Yu Suzuki is so motivated now, he saw again the fans in the Magic Show, Koch Media is behind the project, Sega is releasing the HD versions, everything seems to be alright, they need to enjoy this moment and spread the word Shenmue is alive.

Yeah man, I can't think of any other of a good time and place to show Shenmue III then at this year's E3. I mean looking at those screenshots at Magic, if the game looks that good in image then imagine how good it will look in video. I like to think that's what Yu, his team and Deep silver and saving it for.

It's a great thing that Shenmue HD is happening, so looking forward to seeing how it plays. Don't games usually take around 3+ years to develop ? So I don't think Shenmue III will be delayed again into 2019. Maybe earliest Q1 2019 to debug or polish but I don't see why it would be delayed that much. Unless more money has been invested.
by adom11800
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in Discussions Before Shenmue III Announcemen

Seems like they really were interested from the start then. Can't wait to play it.

Also, “There are more games on the list, there are more announcements to be made, and we’re just happy that we can bring out Shenmue I & II now.”

That line filled me with joy. Please be Skies of Arcadia! [-o<
by adom11800
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

This is very good news! It's so great to see how much attention Shenmue is getting. I'm glad for Sega and I like to think that it's not only Shenmue fans who are buying it. Inevitably it's likely around 70% or more who are but the new fans who are buying it will hopefully give that boost to Shenmue III sales. If they get into the series anyway.

I for one have been telling some work friends about it. 'You got a PS4 or Xbox One?' Then as soon as they say yeah I tell them about Shenmue. It seems much easier now then it ever did. I'm sure I'm not the only one spreading the word though.

So yeah very good news for Shenmue!
by adom11800
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

^I agree. At first I was pretty bummed about this but if it's for the best then so be it. It's definitely a good thing that the game is being polished to detail, making it the best it can be. We aren't just getting Shenmue 3 but the game in the best quality. I just really hope they show just a little bit of gameplay at E3 to ease the pain, hopefully a Shenmue I&II HD release date announcement too. If they don't show the game at E3 this year then the hype will start to wither. I think Shenmue III will be out early March 2019.
by adom11800
Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the game isn't shown at E3 then that is seriously bad. We don't get an update for weeks and then they say 'Sorry, the game is being delayed until 2019.' I'm not expecting anything big at E3 but it's gonna make a huge difference if it is.
by adom11800
Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue came out in 1999, 2000

Shenmue III is coming out in 2019.

Strange, eh?
by adom11800
Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm very dissapointed with the delay, I couldn't wait to play it this year but this decission it's for the best. If Suzuki thinks he needs more time to polish and enhance the game, fine by me (although it hurts!!)

In some way I was expecting this, they haven't barely showed real gameplay and we even didn't see Ryo walking, so expecting the release of the game this year could be near impossible. I had a bit of hope because we know Suzuki is very secretive about his job and in his old days at Sega he even downgrade his work (to show to it to the management) so that he could take more time but this time I see it's different.

What I do think they should improve it's the way the do some things, delaying again the game could hurt a bit less if they show at least one just minute of gameplay, seeing at last Ryo walking around Bailu and interacting with some NPC because after all, If it weren't for us, the fans, Shenmue 3 would not be alive today. I know Deep Silver is in charge of PR now and things have change in that way but it's just my humble opinion.

About the video posted by a fellow before, I love the new scenes! I can see also we have seen already at least 4 differents models of Shenhua, I think the last one is the one Cedric showed us in his tweeter:

https://i.imgur.com/F17HysV.png

And as I thought, they have showed us dated material in some updates and not the last build, in this pre alpha video we can see the little girl that we saw in the last Magic Monaco, and we were thinking this was new! I don't understand why they don't show the real estate of the game.

I hope they show gameplay at last in E3 or in Gamescom, we deserve it!

Couldn't agree more with you man! We do deserve to see some gameplay. If it's not at E3 then surely it has to be at gamescom? Also, the more I look at the new images, the more I love them. I think Ryo and Shenhua just look so good and detailed. Look how detailed the tiger symbol looks on Ryo's jacket, man.. props to the team and I feel the delay will only do the game good. But please enough of this silence and then showing older images.

I think we might all go crazy when we see what the actual game looks like.
by adom11800
Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Kiske wrote: Nothing new but a nice summarization of the short new footage from the THQ video.

phpBB [video]

Such an improvement.
by adom11800
Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Such a good, exiting and happy update! It reminded me of the good ol' days of getting home from work to be surprised with a Shenmue update. I feel Haruka will do a great job as Shenhua, seems like they picked a good one there. Always loved Ryo's Japanese voice so can't wait to his voice as Ryo again. Those pictures in the background look beautiful!

Man, Shenmue 3 is looking to be good. I wonder when we'll finally see gameplay?

But yeah a very good update. Felt the whole Shenmue magic after awhile.
by adom11800
Thu May 24, 2018 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Gameplay: My Predictions

I think the game will be out in about 8-10 months too. In terms of gameplay I've no idea until we actually see it.
Nice theories btw.
by adom11800
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

It's happening! I can't believe it. Shenmue 3 is getting closer day by day. Here's what I'm hoping and predicting:

Shenmue I&II HD trailer or release date annoucement happening next week on July 3rd. Could even be both.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom with a big trailer and gameplay.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom but not a big trailer.

I also think they are saving the facial experssions for the trailer. Makes sense as to why they would.
by adom11800
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

A serious well done to the fans, I wasn't expecting this as well as this quickly!
Now, a trailer and gameplay at gamescom would be amazing.
by adom11800
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic