Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

I won't say who. Other night I stayed up for hours trying to stop a person in the entertainment industry from possibly committing suicide. They posted some serious tweets. So I found everyone I could that were possible co workers. Found every know city they lived in and tweeted the police. Found her agent and called him. I have been there for suicide and even spent time in a mental ward. I can't let someone do it if I can help it. I heard from her several hours later. Thanking me and saying she is ok.

Even as a person who has been there a few times. I wish suicide would never enter peoples heads. It's never the answer. I am still kind of upset as just the thought of someone being in that dark place reminds me when I used to be.
by Bluecast
Sat May 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Being depressed isn't a choice unfortunately, it's a real struggle to get out of. Well in the end only you will be able to know what would truly help you get out of it so you do you and good luck with it all.
by south carmain
Sat May 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Let's go all out with the card. Let's have Shenmue fan art for the cover of the card (I can draw something if we don't find anything).

Someone please ask Cedric on twitter when the next time he'll be in Japan at the YS Net offices? Tell him we have a special and delightful surprise for him as fans of the series.

How about we do a collage of everyone holding up a word/character that makes up a phrase, like 皆さん, 頑張って! (Minasan Ganbatte! Everyone do your best!) similar to this:

https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19cf7y1uzul1zjpg/original.jpg

Then we can print that onto a blank card, and maybe get everyone's signature printed on the back?
by yuc02
Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

shredingskin wrote: Fruit is pretty damn expensive in japan.

Fruit in itself is considered a luxury item in Japan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 05105.html

Combined with the wine and it's the perfect gift.
by Himuro
Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue I better than Shenmue II

Those who feel nothing special regarding Shenmue II, how can you be hard-hyped by Shenmue III?

I mean, contrast between Chinese and Japanese cultures is as wide as the distance between present and the time we'll get our Shenmue III trailer. Since the saga is known to be mainly a journey in China, we are likely to never feel Shenmue I vibes again.
by Yokosuka
Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

People confuse ARPG with turn based because most the time they think Turn based is like Dragon Quest. FFXII is turn based. It's just presented differently. It feels like more action like but is turn based. Like Xenoblade is turn based. Dragon Age Origin's is turn based (your attacks timing relies entirely on your stats). FFXII is still basically ATB without battle transitions.
by Bluecast
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Just my thoughts on all this, thought it might've be worth reiterating here. Really excited to see more down the road, very patient for 3, kinda impatient for 1 and 2 HD :-p Hoping for the Rice Digital rumour to come to fruition and that Shenmue HD is on track for this year (failing that please just announce the game, YOU ARE TEARING ME APART SEGA!)

We're almost there everyone! :-D

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ir6pas.jpg

Amen. I don't give a damn if SEGA needs another 1, 2, or more years to release Shenmue HD... but just announce the dang thing already at E3 this year. It's now or never.
by ShenmueLegacy
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe it was mentioned by a few how Shenmue 3 should resemble an art style closer to the Yakuza games/Shenmue online. While I can understand and appreciate that, it's not anything I expected for this project to fulfil, I think that it's an unfair limitation to place on it due to the difference in the games budget as well as really restrictive from a development perspective if Yu-san and the team indeed wanted to challenge/change from that.

Yep. It was me who said that. I still believe that Yakuza should be the graphical benchmark for Shenmue III. Especially in terms of character models. The reason why I say that is because while I have no proof of it, it looks like Yakuza used Shenmue as their base for aesthetic designs and specifically character models. I get the sense that whatever graphics and shading tools they used on Shenmue was directly carried over into Yakuza's development cycle. Kazuma Kiryu's PS2 model looks like he would be a companion that would accompany Ryo in Shenmue V or something.

I don't look at it as "restrictive" so to speak, as I think it's a matter of Yu simply picking up where he left off. While I'm not too fond of the new character models, the words described from the guy who said he saw the game was that "Shenmue III is beautiful", so I'm not too worried about it. I'm confident that Ryo's character model will be fine, along with the others. If Kid Nocon can give us an accurate looking Ryo working as a one man development team, I'm sure development team will get it right.

My biggest concern is the fighting mechanics. I really REALLY hope they continue to use the Virtua Fighter style of fighting. Anything else would feel unnatural

Wasn't quoting anyone specifically, just noticed a few people brought it up during the streams :-). I've given Yakuza a second chance from playing 3 till 5 and I absolutely love the franchise now but I still actively dislike Yak1 with a passion that I will take with me to the grave dammit!
xD (only went 1/3 through it) and the presentation (graphics, openworld, English VO) was just awful, and not in an endearing way either imo. I know it's unfair to compare shenmue 1&2 to yak1 but shenmue was just leaps and bounds better than it and that was shocking considering there's a 7ish gap between them.

Agreed kid nocon has works wonders, and thankfully I hear that UE4 is considerably more widespread in Japan right now so hopefully their's no shortage of devs with that background like there once was.

As a once huge fighting game enthusiast I agree with you on the fighting mechanics, (ive mentioned this before but) it's really hard for any game of any budget to nail how a fighting feels. There's response, animations & blending them from one move to another, weight, maybe even physics to consider. It sounds really ambitious what Yu-san wants to achieve with animations that change depending on the distance of the foe. I wonder if they'll keep the same 90 degree camera angle from shenmue 1 and 2 (which I quite like because it's like a traditional fighting game) though if Yu-san wants to create scenarios where you can direct the battle to another environment like an alleyway maybe it won't be (or would allow you to lock-on/off from that perspective) though I'm sure the team is well equipped and experienced to take on the challenge.

(Have you ever tried Yakuza: Black Panther on PSP? I felt like the fighting in that game shares some similarities to shenmue's. Heck I think it's better than the mainline yakuza games fighting... :-p)

Side note: seems to be some murmurs for a splinter cell 7 this e3, please be true that'd be once e3 dream fulfilled if so! :-D (although I'm a little frightened in the direction ubisoft would take it.) Also I've heard a few things about an Microsoft/Sega collaboration? Hmmmm I wonder what if true (my brain is jumping to conclusions with dreamcast emulation lmao I wish)
by FlagshipFighter
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please excuse my ignorance, but has something happened or been said to cause this recent loss of confidence in the remasters being announced at E3?

I may have fallen behind in any Shenmue-related news, but I was under the (cautious) impression that the signs had been pointing towards the news we're all hoping for, or at the very least, a decent outside chance of it happening. Although by no means confirmation of an E3 reveal, I would have thought all these cryptic tweets by people within the industry, the Rice Digital (seemingly respectable source) rumour and the recent picture of Yu Suzuki and Gio Corsi posing with a copy of the original Shenmue would all have been cause for at least a fair amount of optimism. Then there's also SEGA's own (albeit, unconvincing) statements of intent to make it. Even after the confirmation of Shenmue III's delay, I read a fair few people stating that the timing and circumstances could actually set the stage for the announcement of the remasters.

Obviously I understand it's best that we curb our expectations and prepare ourselves for the possibility of a no-show, but that's not to say it's necessarily unrealistic. I'm just a bit puzzled as to this recent shift of opinion.

Personally, I think we have a good 50/50 shot, though perhaps that's just me.

From what I've seen over the years in these threads, it all comes down to emotion. Whatever their head might be telling them, people seem to ultimately base their expectations on whether they "feel it" or they don't. And like all emotions, it can randomly fluctuate from one week/day/hour to the next, with those fluctuations intensifying the closer we get to the show in question.

And at its core, there's nothing wrong with that. None of us knows one way or the other, so as long as we don't lose sight of that fact and behave as if we do know, then licking one's finger and holding it to the wind is as good a method as any.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a Sonic fan. I don't hide it I don't sing from the mountain tops either. I have some Sonic merch around my APT. A big framed poster a couple of figures and a couple of plush plus DVDs over the old 90s show and movie(but no T shirts anymore). I like the series. I don't own all of them tho because some just flat suck or I don't like them. I like Sonic R even tho it's trash. I won't play Sonic 06 ever again nor will I even try Boom or Unleashed. 16 bit era had some stinkers as well. Sonic 3D Blast. The Drift games on GG were awful. Sonic Blast and replaying Sonic 2 on GG realize those games are bad. Heroes is awful, Shadow 2006 won't go near that. The series has had some good spinoffs I did not mention. Still Sonic is hit and miss and TBH mostly a miss. I stay with it because when they hit sometimes they nail it in main or spinoff. Sonic Advance 1 is great. Sega Racing Tansformed best Kart racer ever IMO.

I explained on a previous page my views on Sonic Generations I like it but it has problems. Maybe I'm the rare Sonic fan who isn't totally blind. I'm a Sonic fan who dislikes the Sonic fan base as they are typically very blind and out of their freaking mind. From the cringe art on deviant art to pepper spraying Gamestop employees because Sonic's arms are blue in a game. Kintor is just what you usually see in a Sonic fanbase,blind as can be. I am not head over heals over Sonic..I just like the character. Some fan bases even of series I like I do not wish to interact with. They are just so far out there.
by Bluecast
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ :lol: What a load of nonsense.

Anyway. I can't express enough how much I love the PS4. It's really delivering games I love and want. I also have my theme as a 80s synth thing with lighting and neon pink grid. Kinda looks like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon title screen. Similar kind of music. http://i.imgur.com/TBJbSq9.jpg I wasn't a big fan of PS2 despite the insane library. I really liked PS3. I mean I also like 360 and Wii but PS3 just really enjoyed. PS4 might actually be the first console since Dreamcast to enter as one of my favorites tho. I am surprised myself. It only adds to it Shenmue III is coming. I waited 15 years and can wait 1 more. ESP with all the games I am getting this year alone for it. Hell even next year Hackers Memory and Shenmue III is coming so yeah. I know this will sound like a fanboy comment. Sony has the slogan "Greatness awaits" I feel this system delivered on that.
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As someone on the autism spectrum. South I think he's just a troll. Not much more.
by Bluecast
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You now have boost power!

I think now in 8th gen for the first time since PS2 era it's a good time to be a fan of this genre. Futuristic racers.

The first games to come to mind for most is F-Zero and Wipeout. Aside from Mario Kart 8 tracks and anti gravity this series is essentially dead even tho we nearly had a new game on Wii U but Criterion turned Nintendo down. Wipeout isn't totally dead. We have not had a brand new game since 2048 on Vita. However The Omega collection just came out so maybe the series will be fully revived soon.

So what else is out there then? Fear not there is quite a few options. First off yes Wipeout Omega Collection if either a fan or never played perfect place to start. $40 or £30 and that version comes with themes and a steelbook that is a tribute to the PS1 game box art. It's 3 games in one in 4K if you have pro or 1080P on a base PS4. Wipeout HD,Wipeout Fury and Wipeout 2048.
http://i.imgur.com/mpTYfIb.jpg

Maybe you prefer F-Zero or do not have a PS4. If you have a Wii U or a Switch there is Fast Racing Neo or Fast RMX. Fast despite it's lame name is a gorgeous game made on a minimal budget but Shin'en are technical wizards. The vehicles look like Wipeout but plays like a mix of F-Zero and Ikaruga. You read that last part right. Well no combat but You can change your fuel to blue or orange. There are boost pads and strips of blue or orange. If you are blue and land on blue you go faster. Run over the opposite color and you slow down.
http://i.imgur.com/c1LwqId.jpg

But dummy I have a Xbox One! No worries! Redout which is also on PC/PS4 and Switch. Is basically Wipeout with F-Zero GX sense of speed. It's seriously nuts how fast this game is. This was a game funded on KS and damn fun.
http://i.imgur.com/ziFJ6G9.jpg

Maybe you are the guy who prefers PC only. Still have ya covered! Radical G. This is another Wipeout like game. If you played F-Zero GX and the tubular shaped tracks this game is basically all that with combat. Adds an extra dimension to it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/330770/RadialG__Racing_Revolved/

Another one if you don't mind having wheels on the car is GRIP. Again Wipeout. Remember that video in 2048 sowing the evolution of the wheel? So think of this as Proto Wipeout. http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP/

Finally maybe you want something a bit different than both of those series. There is Distance on steam. It's a mix of Futuristic racer with platforming.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233610/Distance/

Of course if you just want to go old school always F-Zero GX older Wipeout games or Extreme G,Rollcage and others.

Now if only Nintendo would make a new F-Zero and out GX HD on VC
http://i.imgur.com/YHZD1G0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bxM5Jqy.jpg
A glimpse at what could be. GX HD and what a new F-Zero might look like visually.

If you have anything to add or just want to talk about this genre feel free!
by Bluecast
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...., as there's a much bigger problem with this Sega Forever line-up: these ports offer significantly worse performance than that of their older versions, even on more modern hardware.

Allegedly this is because these retro classics were ported over in Unity. Our Digital Foundry tech aficionado John Linneman said "Do not touch those Sega Forever games," noting that they're "lousy emulation in a Unity wrapper."

"The games are designed to run at 60 frames per second. This emulator tries to do that but drops frames resulting in something that looks more like ~45 fps or so. There are loads of dropped frames, hitches and skips," he said.

"30fps is bad, but an even, stable 30fps would have been better than this. The issue here is that it skips and stutters during gameplay. And when a notification occurs, it gets much worse. So it never plays smoothly."

Even weirder is that these low-tech titles played far better on older hardware, due to more optimised emulation. "iPhone 3GS could play those old apps at a full 60fps while iPhone 6S+ with the new apps cannot," Linneman explained.

He postulated that another emulator, RetroArch, would have been a much better fit for the project, though its developer Libretro said it couldn't reach an agreement with Sega on its terms of service.

"Sorry to all the people that are experiencing subpar performance with this Unity thing," the RetroArch devs tweeted. "They could have been using RetroArch right now if they hadn't been so stubbornly insistent on demanding we relicense our entire program to something that would strip us of all our rights, on top of some other unreasonable things like not showing any branding, etc. Hell, they could have had this running on the desktop right now on top of consoles and maybe some netplay as well. Oh well..."

Source: Eurogamer.net

Pure stupidity ... I'd prefer NOT to see Shenmue suffer in such a horrible way ...
by Technophilz
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

I just cant get this SEGA hate, they bring Shenmue to life, spent crazy amount of money and just gave away one of their best IPs.
Don't have any hate towards it but I don't care much about anything on mobile. Even the thought of playing a game on mobile may as well be telling me to eat something that will give me food poisoning. I just find it a miserable experience when I try these things and rather just avoid it. Cool for those who want it I guess. I think these would be better on PC and consoles esp with the upcoming Saturn/DC games.
by Bluecast
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Greetings Everyone.

First things first,

We would like to express our gratitude for the many comments we received on our previous report. From constructive criticism to kind words of encouragement, we were touched by every single one of your comments. Yu Suzuki and the entire Shenmue III Team are more determined than ever to bring to the Shenmue III that will live up to your expectations.

gamescom 2017 plans!

We will be attending Germany's mid-August gaming event gamescom 2017! While we are still working out the details with our partners, we plan to show our newest movie clips, share the latest updates and even make some new announcements.

Title logo change

Yes, Shenmue III has updated its title logo. Taking your comments into consideration, Yu Suzuki and the team gave the title logo another hard look and decided to update the logo with this design.

http://i.imgur.com/fdu3a4f.png  

Characters in development

We have been hard at work developing the inhabitants who will set the stage of adventure in Shenmue III. Here's a sneak peek of what to expect!

http://i.imgur.com/zTUR20E.png
A strong-willed girl, she seems...

http://i.imgur.com/SR3y6ID.png
Be on the lookout for shirt button projectiles!

http://i.imgur.com/MRuzLd9.png
My, what lovely facial hair you have...

Thank you as always for your continued support. We look forward to showing you more soon!

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1907628
by Switch
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Ah, the logo! A small thing but they really are listening. =D>
by Switch
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is a fantastic update filled with awesome news! :heart:

From the gratitude of the team for the fans reactions about the "delay" of Shenmue 3 to the new logo, new characters and above all, Gamescom 2017 presence, I'm on heaven!!!

Thank Yu and "in your face" to those doubting about your dedication to this Series and your loyalty towards your fans! :king:

PS. Now I'm sensing strong Shenmue HD waves... [-o<
by Kiske
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's really nice! But what intrigues me the most is those "new announcements" they said.

By the way... does anybody knows if Sega already made his presence at Gamescon previous years?
by The_Fuzileiro
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I preordered the special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns. 2D Metroid is one of my favorite series (alongside Resident Evil and Metal Gear). I've never been a fan of the Metroid Prime games (for many reasons), but I'm stoked about Samus Returns.

I don't usually buy special editions, but I didn't want to regret it later (knowing how ridiculously expensive Nintendo limited editions can get), so I just went ahead and got it.
by Thief
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

L.A. Noire for PS4, Xbox One, Switch and VR Version

I've been waiting for a current gen rerelease of this game for some time now. I absolutely enjoyed this game and even though I played the whole thing twice (360 and PC) and single cases a whole bunch of times, I'll gladly go through the whole thing again. Some people really have a great dislike for this game but I really liked just about everything about it. It's potentially a top 10 game for me. Really happy they finally bring it back!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/7/16264400/la-noire-ps4-xbox-one-nintendo-switch-vr-htc-vive-rockstar-games
by BlueMue
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1&2 HD Poll

I would like to have a legit clean way of playing them in HD in any case but I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if I can't put them on my shelf next to shenmue 3.
by south carmain
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic