Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Hi, lurker here.

This sounds like a lovely gesture. I would be more than happy to contribute to a GoFundMe.
by Enigma
Wed May 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Hi. Enigma here (chose the username because I enjoy their music). I’ve been checking this site for news for a while now. I was active on Shenmue UK for a bit and was involved in the #BuildingTheList collage with Stare and Sweaty a while back but have been rubbish with social media/forums ever since. My reason for joining the Dojo now is because the thread ‘Doing something nice for Shenmue III team’ appealed to me and I wanted to make an effort and chip in.

Exposition dump: I discovered Shenmue when my brother-in-law bought me the first game for my Dreamcast back in 2001. I then got Shenmue 2 on Xbox and I've loved the series ever since. My earliest gaming memories include playing Super Star Wars, Panzer Dragoon and Die Hard Arcade with my brother. I’m just as passionate about games today and I still can't quite believe that Shenmue 3 is intended to release this winter! \:D/ Anyway, hi.
by Enigma
Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Funny how a few years back people were saying how satisfied they would be with a Shenmue 3 book, manga or even an unfinished Dreamcast build to be leaked online to give us closure to the story.

Now we're getting the real deal and we're all moaning about virtually everything we're seeing in each and every update. Suzuki must feel so encouraged.
by Enigma
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Yokosuka wrote:This is the ugliest thing I've seen in my life.

Well after you said that you would personally feel betrayed if Lan Di smiled once in a way that displeased you, I don't think anyone here seriously cares what you think.
by Enigma
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

Well I was just making a curry and got a bit too mesmerised by the new photos that I ended up burning everything. So I guess that means I really like the new model.

Like Hyo says, it looks as if they're going for more of a manga enthused art style when it comes to the character models. I dig it.
by Enigma
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

I can't understand all the people who are saying so much bullshit about a work in progress game. They must be trolls or spoilt people.
I know right? Honestly, the vicious response this project has gotten from the gaming community since the day it was announced kind of makes me almost want to quit video games forever after Shenmue 3/4 is released.
by Enigma
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

I thought I'd be used to the feeling of having the world trash things I heartily enjoy by now but it's still frustrating when you first see it.

After the initial backlash sting and reading through your comments here, I'm beginning to come to terms with the idea that Shenmue 3 was always going to attract some sniggering/trashing regardless. The hate has been there since the E3 reveal: from people mocking the first two games, to calling Shenmue 3 a 'weird romance game,' to wanting the game to be another Mighty No. 9 disaster for sadistic gratification to now mocking the facial animations. I guarantee when YS Net implement the facial animations the next thing on the list to be mocked will be the voice acting. Quote me on it.

I guess all that really matters now is our - the fans - enjoyment of it. As has already been said here: Suzuki should just focus primarily on pleasing the existing fans of the series as his primary objective. I personally wouldn't mind contributing to another Kickstarter for Shenmue 4 if that's what it takes. So long as he can finish his story for his fans and the outside trashing doesn't dampen his spirit to do so, I could care less what the Internet thinks.
by Enigma
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Cinematic Wallpapers and More

RIKENZ wrote: Shenmue III - http://fav.me/dbkx06a added! After I saw th first progress teaser I had to make something!

Dude, thanks! I've set this as my background. Its beautiful! :D
by Enigma
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I've probably seen the teaser trailer well over 20 times already and I keep checking my phone every 10 mins to see if any more news has creeped out of Gamescom. Feels like E3 2015 all over again. I better stop obsessively checking my phone soon though. People might start thinking I'm having an affair or something.
by Enigma
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regarding the teaser, its nice to see more and more positivity and rational thinking slowly being posted online to lessen the damage and reassure people unaware of what's truly going on.

phpBB [video]
by Enigma
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

I don't get it. What's with this obsession of hating on Shenmue? I just uploaded a Shenmue related image on Imgur and I got down voted (-3 points). Seriously, these haters are mentally disabled. Fuck 'em!
Really? For no other reason? That's pretty harsh!

Shenmue is just an easy target to be hated on I guess. Even if the game was flawless in both presentation and gameplay it would still attract hate in the form of 'looks boring/stupid.'

Anyway, who in all honesty cares what other people think about something we or I like? If I could somehow get confirmation someway/somehow that such trashing will not spoil the chances of a Shenmue 4 and Suzuki would finish the story for the fans who appreciate his work regardless of outside critique I wouldn't care at all.
by Enigma
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

QTE's based on sound and light already sounds far more innovative for the QTE mechanic in the 10+ years that its been regurgitated everywhere.
by Enigma
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixed reaction from general audience

Decided to convey my emotions on this issue through the art of film.

phpBB [video]
by Enigma
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

http://i.imgur.com/PH6ycgo.jpg

I think she's meant to be the owner of the choubu inn. I'm getting serious Wendy Oldbag vibes from her https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldfoo4hX461qcl8ah.gif
I myself am getting some vibes of the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle.

https://www.reelingreviews.com/kungfuhustlepic.jpg

Hmm...wonder if she kicks Ryo's ass. :lol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/ef/7a/5bef7aeea1a0d7b6326bc5415ead6648.jpg
by Enigma
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver investment speculation thread

I'm going to assume that all of the stretch goals have been met. There were so many interviews put out this week but I think I recall in one of them that the project has now expanded BEYOND the Kickstarter. (Hope I did in fact read that and didn't dream it.) So I'm well hyped about that!

What I'd really like to know is if the investment has made Shenmue 4 any more secure in any way: either the separate project receiving a bit of preliminary funding (not sure if they're thinking of long-term franchise investment and milking sequels already) or if Shenmue 3 DLC packs are now being planned to deliver us more of the 11 chapters?
by Enigma
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

"I think that probably after we finish this, the next one, Shenmue 4 – it will be coming. I have to do something – I have to start something – so the next one will come."

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f87fc61d9d77c58fed997f6f6bede76a/tumblr_inline_o8dt71LMuG1t7bxs0_500.gif
by Enigma
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

When Shenmue is completed at Shenmue 4 I think the only other games I would be genuinely interested in seeing from then on would be those secret game concepts Yu has locked away at YS Net.
by Enigma
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing chapters in Saturn version?

You can see a femtosecond of the train sequence in the original Project Berkley trailer.

https://youtu.be/GQ6-QRThA8A?t=34s

I recall from a past interview Suzuki said that the deleted Chapter 3 is interesting enough that he might incorporate it into Shenmue IV. I forget which interview it was from (it wasn't from anything this week) but its out there somewhere if anyone wants to clarify.
by Enigma
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Somehow I never imagined Ryo and Shenhua becoming a couple. This theme of romance is a bit of a surprise.
We don't really know the extent of the romance, but Yu has talked about the romance being platonic in interviews from last year (or slightly before?), so I dunno if they're going all the way. I believe he cited the film Roman Holiday as something he was using for research, and could want to model Ryo and Shenhua's relationship on that.

I kind of figure the maximum peak of the relationship is genuine romance, but that's kinda it. It'd be an interesting counterpoint to most other explorations of romance in video games, where the end goal is basically just sex.

There's also the behind the scenes of Mega64's "How Shenmue Ends" video where they recount talking with Yu Suzuki who said Ryo and Shenhua can't have sex, but they can "fool around". Hahaha.

Either way, pretty typical of Yu the "romance" option in Shenmue III seems to subvert and move away from what a lot of other games are doing. There's likely to be only one option, Shenhua (rather than a list of characters like other games, where the designers are pretty transparently asking the player who they'd like to fuck), and the maximum will probably be a genuine emotional relationship.

Wow, thanks man. You're always very informative! Come to think of it I do remember him citing Roman Holiday being one of his many inspirations for Shenmue 3, the romance thing probably just didn't officially 'sink in' until now.

I guess we've already had a sneak peak into their relationship from Shenmue 2: that awkward moment when Shenhua tried to kiss Ryo after he helped her pick some flowers. I interpreted that as Shenhua liking him (because what woman in Shenmue doesn't fancy Ryo aside from Ine-san, honestly?) and Ryo had no time for it. Maybe that sort of thing might resurface and Ryo will warm to it. Or...who knows? I'm sure it will be nicely done, just never really envisioned the possibility of them falling in love all this time.
by Enigma
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

Two.

I love the thought Suzuki had behind the making of number three. I thought it was a very beautiful, heartfelt gesture but I do prefer number two.

Here's a thought: Maybe he could continue his idea of personally writing something in Shenmue himself but just not the title?
by Enigma
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Personally, I don't think we will see a forced ending to be honest. That's not me just being a fanboy or being blindly optimistic when I say that, its me basing it on what I'm seeing and hearing regarding Shenmue 3's development from its creator. The whole reason Suzuki is not completing the story at Shenmue 3 despite some people wanting it to be the final and continuously voicing this to him is because he believes it will result in a rushed/forced end to the series. I think he's well aware of ensuring that the series doesn't have a forced end and has the quality of the these final few games forefront in his mind. If he's risking another sequel to be made after Shenmue 3 for the sole purpose of not making things feel rushed, then that's enough for me to trust that it won't be. I personally don't think there's anything to worry about there.
by Enigma
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

I don't know why but every time I hear this I think of Shenmue.

phpBB [video]
by Enigma
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#MyShenmue

I believe only Jibby has mentioned this on another thread but felt it could do with a thread of its own if people wanted to get involved.

To celebrate the announcement of Shenmue HD, Sega have tweeted the hashtag #MyShenmue asking for fans to tweet them some selfies featuring their Shenmue game collection. If anyone has a Twitter account, maybe you could join in the fun and show Sega just how many of us rabid Shenmue fans there are!

Come on then, ladies and gents. Let's see some photos of you with your current copies of Shenmue to celebrate the upcoming release! #MyShenmue
Original tweet: https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/986479438593273856

That Sega is finally not ignoring interaction with Shenmue fans and are now participating with us freely as we celebrate is amazing to see. I wouldn't have thought such a thing would be possible five years ago.
by Enigma
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in Discussions Before Shenmue III Announcemen

“There are more games on the list, there are more announcements to be made, and we’re just happy that we can bring out Shenmue I & II now.”

#SavePanzerDragoonSaga
by Enigma
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are you most looking forward to?

Aside from collecting all the trophies/achievements on both PS4 and Steam, I've preordered a copy for my sister and nephew who love karate, martial arts films and the latest video games. Now that Shenmue 1 & 2 are finally coming to modern consoles, I'm excited for them to experience all the great moments in these two games for the first time.

What about you guys?
by Enigma
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

i was wondering, should we as fans be persuading first timers (online/ on other forums) to play sHD in japanese first?

unfortunately the english dub hasn't aged well..so overall i think new gamers would respond better to the full japanese experience. = more interest in s3.
I'm not worried about this. I can imagine that newcomers will understand the inclusion of both English and Japanese as a subtle way to tell the player 'Psst. You can switch voices if you don't like the dub'. At least, that's what goes on in my head when I'm presented with the option in other games. Plus, I think new players of Shenmue HD (likely, people already interested in Japanese games) will already be aware of dubbing's reputation, but may still prefer it to reading subtitles. If the HD ports were releasing with only the English voice-acting, then I'd be a little more concerned.
by Enigma
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Merch Teased

I'm still waiting for those WorldBox 1:6 Shenmue figures they announced back in 2015. Haven't heard any news since.
by Enigma
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic