Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Funny how a few years back people were saying how satisfied they would be with a Shenmue 3 book, manga or even an unfinished Dreamcast build to be leaked online to give us closure to the story.

Now we're getting the real deal and we're all moaning about virtually everything we're seeing in each and every update. Suzuki must feel so encouraged.

Yep. That's why I don't bother commentating anymore, and speak with fans privately who share a more level headed approach with less knee jerk reaction attributes.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

This is the ugliest thing I've seen in my life.

Well after you said that you would personally feel betrayed if Lan Di smiled once in a way that displeased you, I don't think anyone here seriously cares what you think.

I barely understand the purpose of this message apart showing your feelings deeply hurt when someone expresses opposite opinion than yours, but anyway...

Opposite opinions are all well and good. When someone lives on a forum trashing someone else's work at every opportunity they get because they think they're a connoisseur of game design that's a different matter entirely.

Saying all my posts are offensive is a biased and very unfair observation.

Then it's not my fault if 75% of the shown work so far is highly disappointing. I would like to be like Peter and see only the positive, but there are things that cannot be omitted. If you want to be reassured, I don't think the game is turning bad at all. The official com around is just... shocking and not very professional, and that's a real concern for me.

We are all linked together to Shenmue by our passion for Suzuki and his games. A community gathers every type of character, from the over-passionate person to the eternal moaner. Well, looks like the second role is given to me. Be sure I'm not pleased with that.

Yes, you're right. We are linked together by our passion for Shenmue and your constant complaining about virtually everything you see in virtually every update (which not only myself but others are calling you out on) is only just an extension of that passion. I'm sure Suzuki loves having us passionate fans trash his work as 'the ugliest thing I've ever seen' after he's only just returned to game design and is doing the best he can on his first project.

I feel bad for him knowing he's practically living at his job when he could be at home with his family because he's putting this game first in his life for his fans, and then people like you who haven't made a game before in your life routinely come on here and 'passionately' moan about it.

Because this is just 'the ugliest thing' isn't it?

https://thumbs.candybanana.com/lI5OoVLAhjp5Bo3DmYz2BMGB7MU=/755x/smart/filters:no_upscale()/https://s.candybanana.com/images/a3af/6e48ffa7-eb03-4c94-a73f-840442566b93_Shenmue-III_2017_08-17-17_002.jpg
Ryo's face isn't as bad as I initially thought, especially compared to the first model we saw, but that logo is a monstrosity. It somehow almost looks as bad as the Papyrus logo. It almost looks like they took the Papyrus and put it through a few Photoshop filters and used a smudge/blur tool to put in the finishing touches. Why fix what isn't broken? I really don't get how this is all gonna work in the end.
by mjq jazz bar
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Enigma wrote: SUPER STAR WARS

Platform: SNES
Year: 1992

Review (in-depth):

It's fucking hard!

Believe it or not, TESB is even harder.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

As a fan, I love this. The scenery, the colours, Ryo and Shenhua's new models, fighting on the Great Wall of China!!! 2018 is going to be an agonising wait.

But...I'm really concerned about their inclusion of the unfinished facial animation in the trailer of all places! I just know it's going to hurl so much ridicule their way from people whose lives are so empty and meaningless they enjoy trashing other people's work on the internet and watching it fail. It could have so easily been avoided had they just shown off the gorgeous environments with maybe the character photos at the end. If character facial animations aren't finished I'm OK with not seeing them just yet.

Absolutely. If I were marketing Shenmue III, I would just show more scenery until everything else is ready. In today's critical world, many impressionable eyes are creating their first mistaken impressions of this series off of obviously early development teasers. Marketing should try to protect development as much as possible until it's ready. We need to ensure we don't put off any potential new fans to ensure a successful release.

These scenes sell themselves...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHysSDKVwAAzK_Y.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHysTrVUIAAv1kS.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHyU9mAWsAE6ciP.jpg
by ShenmueLegacy
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

I'm fairly sure the day you beat TESB on Super Nintendo is like the day you seriously become a Jedi in RL.
by Sonikku
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Because games journalism is for people who couldn't be film critics. And film critics are people who couldn't be literary critics. And literary critics are people who couldn't be writers.

I'm mostly kidding, but games journalism is so far down the rung when it comes to meaningful, insightful, understanding, exciting, or entertaining content. Most articles are just bargain-basement tier forum posts with a megaphone attached. See: Kotaku's Shenmue III article from today. The good stuff drowns in a sea of shit, but at least some quality writers are smartening up and just writing books instead of long-form article series that get unceremoniously buried under the clickbait of the day.

I hesitate to even call Plunkett's soapbox an article. It's just the video and a shitty hot take. There are literally YouTube comments with more insight.
by Spaghetti
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

I can't understand all the people who are saying so much bullshit about a work in progress game. They must be trolls or spoilt people.
I know right? Honestly, the vicious response this project has gotten from the gaming community since the day it was announced kind of makes me almost want to quit video games forever after Shenmue 3/4 is released.

Don't forget Shenmue V! But you know, after Shenmue I'll do the same. I mean, there will most likely never be a saga as great as Shenmue is ever again, so why not go out on a high note?! Or I could play only Shenmue and no other video game forever!
by Shenmue_Legend
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixed reaction from general audience

It did take a tremendous pair of testicles to actually flaunt parts of the game that were unfinished to the point of probably not being presentable. YSnet might be walking out of Gamescom with a limp, but I appreciate the honesty.
by Spaghetti
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan-edited trailers

Jibby wrote: Sounds like a fun idea. Will definitely contribute a recut once I return home.

I can't wait for your videos!

Here's another one I edited to "Guilin Introduction" from Shenmue II:

phpBB [video]
by Amir
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the KS update email i received Yu Suzuki tells that HE DID THE FINT HIMSELF, by Hand! Now thats awesome!
Yeah I noticed that. I almost feel bad for not being too keen on it at first when he clearly put a lot of love in drawing that himself.

I don't think anyone should feel guilty for not liking it, it's your reaction without the knowledge of the source.

Guess what, Yu Suzuki chose the original English "Shenmue" too, so do you feel bad about not using it?

For me, it's primarily about consistency for the three games. If this has a new logo, then it just looks out of place with the previous two games, with my Dreamcast boxes and other paraphernalia.
by fittersau
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still maintain that Yu Suzuki knows what he is doing with this. The guy is smart. He is well aware that he has released a teaser with no facial animation and some rigid body animation.

I'm of the opinion that the next teaser, or the one soon after that, will show great facial animation. Alternatively the official trailer will. What better way to drum up anticipation than to get people bitching about Shenmue on Neogaf/social media and other places online. The video has 270k views already thanks to Sony releasing it on YouTube. Lots of people are undeniably laughing at Shenmue right now, and I'm incredibly happy about that.

When the devs finally drops a clip showing great animation, everybody who bitched and moaned and laughed at Shenmue is going to be shocked, and Shenmue will stick in their minds more than it would have otherwise. They may at that point even decide to pick up a copy. Whereas if this teaser had just been the same environments but with solid animation many people may very well have thought 'meh, some boring Japanese looking game' and they would immediately forget about it. But now Shenmue has people talking. There's no such thing as bad publicity in the long-term here.

I may be wrong, but I believe in Yu Suzuki.
by ShenmueForeseen
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I think it's best to leave them, constructive criticism is always good, Yu Suzuki is a smart person and i think he will know how to differentiate that to the poisonous rant of ignorant kids from the internet.
by Fei Fong Wong
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's an unwinnable battle the man has to face, and I feel sorry for him.

Absolutely with you here. My least favorite thing about all this mess is thinking of Yu getting discouraged. I know the man has been patient and perservered over the last 16 years, but it has to be frustrating to hear some of the backlash (constructive criticism is one thing - even with a work in progress - but the hate/toxicity/unreasonable idiocy...). As a fan, I can ignore a lot of it pretty easily. As the creator of the game who has devoted (along with his team of course) countless sleepless nights over the last couple years getting the game to look as good as it does (which I'm overall very happy and excited about), I'm sure it's much more difficult to ignore. Honestly, I probably won't bother giving them feedback on the logo, because I don't think it's worth it to distract him over. If he is happy with the newest one, I think I'm willing to just give in. It's not going to affect the in-game experience.

I know you will, given the chance, let Suzuki-san know how grateful MOST of us are for his tireless efforts. I could go on, but really, I just hope he knows that most (at least I hope most) of the Shenmue fanbase is still very happy and has faith in him. I want him to be happy with his game, he deserves it. From the looks of it, I'll be quite pleased as well (even if I'm not 100% loving everything about how things look in a WIP).
by squall
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suzuki has said that these re not final models and that facial mocap is not implemented, Dont worry about that people! How could someone think that he would release a game like this? So low expectations have the fans? He never would never allow that to happen. I'm very excited, the game has to be amazing!!
by Fei Fong Wong
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Shenmue III Teaser

^Good! I've been posting this about You Tube and also on other forums in a (hopeless?) attempt to do some amount of damage control.

EDIT: Something I just threw together in my crappy video maker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lqiUqfWlw

A noble act! =D>

I worry a bit about how much damage has been done by that teaser, how many preorders that could've affected...

I mean, after the sh** storm that happened with Andromeda, how could anyone with their pulse on the gaming scene allow *that* to go public ](*,)
by BrawlingUppercut
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Hello guys,

2 new interviews have been posted on Japanese websites. Full translations will most likely be done by Switch I think, but I've decided to translate some stuff quickly on my free time.

Hope you'll like it !

https://s2.postimg.org/6be2u47rt/003.jpg

From Dengeki :

- Anticipated things (best 3) : 1. Continuation of the story, 2. Open World, 3. Forklifts

- Suzuki san thought at first that it'd be difficult to have something like an open world (because of the budget), but with the recent partnership with Deep Silver and development's improvements, he might be able to provide something that has the atmosphere of an open world. Volume of the 2nd area that we can see in the PV should be around 3 times bigger. That's also why they had to announce the delay, because the game's content has been improved and they need more time

- In the "Shenmue World", players can earn money through different ways like gambling, selling items (to a pawn shop for example) and purchase new moves (scrolls) to get stronger and beat a boss

- He's also talking about Shenmue's logo changes. "My father wrote Shenhua's kanji (莎花). And my mother worked on the "愛すべき友を持て" (Keep friends, those you love, close to you) calligraphy. However, I thought it'd be great if I could do it myself this time

https://s2.postimg.org/z2awk6dll/shenmue3_006_cs1w1_900x360.jpg

https://s2.postimg.org/6qty0vj2x/shenmue3_007_cs1w1_900x206.jpg

- Players who haven't played the first two games will have no problem playing the 3rd one. For Shenmue II, we added a 15 minutes movie of the first Shenmue so players could catch up, but this time we'll work on something more simple based on images and texts

https://s2.postimg.org/qmpxgf049/009.jpg

4Gamer :

Can you tell us why you decided to work with Deep Silver ?

- Suzuki san : We worked on the Kickstarter Campaign right after announcing the game and it was a success. However, it's difficult to do an open world with the budget we had, that's why we kept looking for a partner. They already worked with Sega in the past and they were a recommandation from people I trust

- About improvements, Suzuki san is providing an example. For the 2nd city we are going to visit in the game, they planned around 50 to 60 NPC, but now, this number could reach 200

- Shenmue III will start 6 hours after the end of Shenmue II

Other things are mostly stuff we already know like the phone calls etc.

Original links :

Dengeki

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/580/1580312/

4Gamer

http://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030593/20170824023/

That's it for now. Have a nice day !
by DEVILLE_David
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixed reaction from general audience

Hahahahahahahaha

Ooh man that's the best thing I've seen in a long time.
Thx for the laugh buddy.
by Demonoroth
Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Translate

Looking at this part of the interview:

Q: So for now then, the story won't be completed in Shenmue III?

YS: No, I don't think it will be completed. It just won't be enjoyable if forced to a conclusion.

Of course Shenmue 3 won't be the last game but the way Suzuki says 'I don't think it will' makes me wonder if due to the partnership with Deep Silver whether Shenmue 3 is not only going to expand upon the content they already have but also by including more of the 11 chapters than originally intended? I recall Suzuki saying that Shenmue 3 will pick up from the second half of chapter 5 and continue past chapter 6 without specifying which chapter it will end at. Maybe which chapter Shenmue 3 ends at is still adjustable in view of this latest expansion on the game. Maybe later chapters will be this DLC that's been talked about as well -shudders-. If Shenmue were made today, I could see chapter 2 being DLC.
by staplepuffs27
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the exact wording:

As for anything released at gamescom, it will be made immediately available for the public. No worries there!

I think the key word is released here. The extended trailer hasn't been released. Kinda the opposite, kept captive.

All in all, it's not the biggest deal in the world. They've followed the letter of what they said, even if not exactly the spirit of it, and that's perfectly within their rights. Especially when they do need to play the media game, and give the press something to chew on.

As for it leaking out via phone, if it hasn't already it's not gonna, not by the media or Peter. The only way it would have anyway was if YSnet were okay with it, and if that was the case they could maybe have released the whole thing in the first place. If the media secretly films it, it's a breach of integrity and could get the leaker fired. If Peter films it, it's a breach of the trust of Yu Suzuki so he's obviously not going to do that.

We'll have to live without that extra minute & change for now.

We may get a treat by the end of the year according to what Suzuki San says in this interview:

https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/yu-suzuki-le-plus-difficile-est-de-creer-de-bons-personnages-3050797909.html

Tout d'abord, j'aimerais savoir pourquoi vous avez choisi de ne diffuser qu'une version raccourcie de la vidéo que vous venez de me montrer ? Est-ce une question de marketing ou une éventuelle exclusivité pour les soutiens de Kickstarter ?

First of all, I would like to ask why you've decided to publish a short version of the video you have just shown us? Is it a marketing strategy or maybe it's meant to be an exclusivity for the Kickstarter backers?

Il discute un peu avec son traducteur, également responsable de la partie business d'Ys Net, qui prend le relais pour répondre) C'est une bonne question ! Il n'y a pas de raison particulière, honnêtement, mais certaines personnes pensent qu'il est un peu tôt pour montrer la version longue. L'idée derrière ce teaser pour la gamescom était avant tout d'accompagner l'annonce de notre partenariat avec Deep Silver. On voulait surtout montrer qu'on a désormais un meilleur soutien financier, que l'équipe est prête et que le projet avance. Nous sommes restés discret pendant trop longtemps et je trouve qu'il était important de montrer quelque chose pour ce salon, sans que ce soit une véritable stratégie marketing.

Yû Suzuki (en anglais) : Peut-être qu'on va réaliser une version plus peaufinée et plus longue de cette vidéo pour la fin d'année, un vrai trailer promotionnel.

... (I'm not translating the first part since it's basically something Yu did explain already about the fact that the teaser was meant to show they are making progress since they were relatively quiet since then and it was to come with something substancial now that they have signed a deal with Deep Silver.
There are also people within the team who think it's too soon for showing the long version of the trailer.

Yu Suzuki (in English): We may create a longer and more polished version of this video for the end of the year, a real promotional trailer.

Place your bets... PSX, Christmas backer update?

PS. If you are interested in a translation of the rest of this interview, I can do it tomorrow morning ;)
by Kiske
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Best interview until now. Shenmue 3 was a dream and now we can safely dream about Shenmue 4.

Sounds promissing.

Have you imagine if Yu Net became a successful studio, opening space for Yu Suzuki create other games in the near future? :heart:
by The_Fuzileiro
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buy multiple copies of 3. Pester your friends until they get copies too. Give them out as Christmas gifts. Steal from your loved ones if you need the funds. Let's make sure Shenmue IV becomes a reality.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My favorite part of this entire interview is how, when asked about the models and subsequent criticism, Yu simply opens his laptop and shows that what we saw was absolutely NO WHERE NEAR what is to come, and more improvement to come.

He basically silenced all naysayers with that one action, showing that he truly cares very much about this chance no one thought would ever come.

I am as excited as ever to see what is coming our way by the year's end.
by Valascaziel
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Somehow I never imagined Ryo and Shenhua becoming a couple. This theme of romance is a bit of a surprise.
We don't really know the extent of the romance, but Yu has talked about the romance being platonic in interviews from last year (or slightly before?), so I dunno if they're going all the way. I believe he cited the film Roman Holiday as something he was using for research, and could want to model Ryo and Shenhua's relationship on that.

I kind of figure the maximum peak of the relationship is genuine romance, but that's kinda it. It'd be an interesting counterpoint to most other explorations of romance in video games, where the end goal is basically just sex.

There's also the behind the scenes of Mega64's "How Shenmue Ends" video where they recount talking with Yu Suzuki who said Ryo and Shenhua can't have sex, but they can "fool around". Hahaha.

Either way, pretty typical of Yu the "romance" option in Shenmue III seems to subvert and move away from what a lot of other games are doing. There's likely to be only one option, Shenhua (rather than a list of characters like other games, where the designers are pretty transparently asking the player who they'd like to fuck), and the maximum will probably be a genuine emotional relationship.
by Spaghetti
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It may be a romance between another character such as Ming Ming etc. Where maybe Ming Ming has feelings for ryo, but he's focussed on the lan di situation. Also, whilst everything goes on, shenhua and ryos relationship could get deeper, but maybe not exactly to the level of a couple, but definitely a form of love.

Who knows....

It might just be a scenario a bit similar to nozomis where ryo and shenhua have deep feelings for each other, but never formally express it. When eventually shenhua leaves ryo to travel to
the afterlife once she is sacrificed to save the world. Lol
by 7heavens
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu also gave an example that if you call up Nozomi and your relationship is going well with Shenhua she'll be annoyed. :lol:

The Rapport System has great potential.
by Spaghetti
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Noone should be trying to defend him... the videos are shit and the guy himself is a toxic moron. Mods please close this thread and ban the dude lol. He is spreading misinformation to try and tarnish Shenmue.

What kind of idiot thinks that Yu has run off with the money from the Kickstarter... Jesus. What a shit troll.
by SheepheadCG
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Well, you're not the first to get that impression:
viewtopic.php?t=46578
by OL
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

At least at first glance that looks fine to me. What exactly is wrong with it and what would you do different?
I agree, the new HUD elements look fine to me. The clock needs to be generic looking to ditch the Timex branding since they're not re-licensing that. Some of it was weird at first and almost too smooth, but that's just because we're used to seeing the original. I will say that Esppiral's comparison screenshots on the previous page do look better to me than the ones Sega released, however it's an unfair comparison to make at the moment. Smoothing and filtering options are used for his images, and on PC you'll be able to force that stuff anyway via graphics card options. It's still possible those options could be exposed in-game as well.

Monday's batch of screenshots basically indirectly confirmed that aspect ratio will be an option (as we've now seen Shenmue 2 cutscenes in true 16x9 and also in 4x3 but letterboxed to 16x9 like the original was) so that's not something I'm worried about anymore although there's still no evidence that we'll get actual 16x9 cutscenes in Shenmue 1. Aside from that I'm not concerned about any graphical problems being introduced to the first game, since they're basing it on the original code and the team working on it knows what they're doing. For Shenmue 1 it's going to be the definitive way to play almost certainly.

But I will say that I still agree with some concerns about the second game. It's very likely that the problems introduced in the Xbox port will not be fixed. Sega contracted them to port the games and dictates the requirements for the project. D3T is going to do exactly what Sega requests from them, and if correcting the mistakes introduced in that version is not something that was requested, it will not happen. The people responsible for these decisions are not going to have the same knowledge of the game differences that the fans do. It's likely that they're not even aware of the differences and will just be doing comparisons against the Xbox version. Unless reverting the geometry changes is a planned change then it won't be happening. I'm buying it either way, but I'm disappointed that they're basing the area geometry on the Xbox port. (And before anyone goes all "but these are WIP" on me for this paragraph, re-read it again or just ignore this part completely. We don't know what their plans are, but they chose to cherry pick images with Xbox geometry intact and I personally believe they won't fix it. My opinion about that will be the same at release if it remains as-is, and I'll be very happy if I'm wrong or someone makes them aware of the situation and they decide oh we should change this. I'm still satisfied with the fact that this is happening at all)

First, I'll increase Ryo's health bar by increasing the contrast and making the "yellow status" more vibrant.
You're forgetting how that works. It pulses in and out, they just took the screenshot at a low point. If it works the same way as it does in the original there's nothing wrong with that image.
by Sappharad
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

I'm in a minority.

As a Star Wars fan who actually likes Star Wars (shocking, I know), I ate up the original trilogy, prequels and EU but upon seeing TFA I absolutely hated it. Aside from a few aspects I liked (a female lead, Kylo) the whole thing felt incredibly safe and uninspired. I got the impression that this sequel trilogy was going to be a soft remake of the original trilogy while heavily placating the portion of the fan-base that can't quite seem to accept anything outside of IV-VI.

But then I saw TLJ and I absolutely loved it. Rian's bold take on this film saved this new trilogy for me and I cannot get enough of this sequel trilogy now.
I'm in a similar camp (not a fan of the prequels for the most part) I enjoyed the same aspects of TFA as you but ultimately felt like it was going to be quite a cyclical trilogy. I'm pretty sure the fan backlash will force (no pun intended) the next film to be RotJ: The Next Generation and whilst I find that a bit disappointing I will always feel pretty happy that I got TLJ.
by Bambi
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many copies are you gonna buy?

Hi. PS4 owner here. Just wondering, do I have to own an Xbox One to purchase games digitally for a friend without resorting to buying a credit code? I'd prefer to purchase Shenmue 1&2 directly for them, but they like their library to be all digital. I've seen some games on Amazon being sold as a 'download only code' but this does not apply to every Xbox One game I see. Could do with some advice here.

If all else fails, I'll just preorder them a physical copy and completely wreck the digital only library they've been building. :devillaugh:

Yeah I just tried, you can do it on xbox.com but you need an xbox gamertag/microsoft account and I believe the gift receiver needs to be on your friends list.
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

I laughed out loud at the Q&A section on the US Amazon page for the game.

Question: Do you know where I can find some sailors?
Answer: They frequently hang out at bars. Try the MJQ Bar or Heartbeats Bar.
By Mikehook1… on April 26, 2018
You should about Charlie.
By GuavaPoP on April 27, 2018
But you'd best be careful... I hear they run with a dangerous crowd.
By Kindle Customer on April 27, 2018
Milk’s perfect for a school boy I’d say!
By Ian A. Lewis on April 29, 2018
Collapse all answers
votes
Question: Will all physical copies come with a poster?
Answer: Yes, in North America all physucal copies wil come with a free poster.
By Mikehook1… on April 25, 2018
vote
Question: Will Shenmue 2 be based on the Xbox or Dreamcast version?
Answer: It is based on the Xbox version.
By samuel galofaro on April 26, 2018
vote
Question: Is this real, or just a dream?
Answer: Is anything real? This could be a dream world? If so, I do not want to wake up.
By Mikehook1… on April 28, 2018
It's a dream... COME TRUE!!
By toastedrebel on April 29, 2018
It's real because Sega has yet to re-release Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Panzer Dragoon Orta and especially Panzer Dragoon Saga. There's also Enemy Zero, D2, Clockwork Knight and others I keep dreaming about.
By B. Sounthonevichith on April 29, 2018
Collapse all answers
votes
Question: No "Prime Discount" for Shenmue?
Answer: It will become Prime Eligible once there is an officially releaase date announced.
votes
Question: Can you tell me the "Four Wude?"
Answer: Gon, Dan, Jie, Yi. The Wude (Mandarin Chinese: 武德 wǔdé) are four aspects that any Martial Artist of true virtue should know.
By Mikehook1… on April 29, 2018
votes
Question: So, is there any chance the game may be released before Dec. 31 2018?
Answer: Absolutely Yes. Sega has confirmed that it will launch in 2018 and that an official release date announcement will come soon.
votes
Question: What is a man?
Answer: A man is someone who appreciates and loves Shenmue.
By Mikehook1… on April 29, 2018
by delvec19
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Hmm, an interesting update. However, I have to say, they've got Masaya Matsukaze's face all wrong. It's simply not what I envision when I think of Masaya Matsukaze working in a recording studio. I've taken the liberty of making big improvements upon the work of whoever designed him. I think everyone will agree - particularly everyone who hangs out in the depths of Youtube comments sections, the 'GAF crowd, and other prestigious comments fields across the internet - that what I'm presenting is the definitive headshot of Masaya Matsukaze.

http://www.zoonbats.com/s3/improvements.jpg
by Centrale
Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic