Search found 82 matches

Return

Re: South Carmain Qr. - Mysterious Dead End

Hey Kiyuu, the image links seem to have died, is there any chance you could re-post them? i would like to see them again.
i could only find 2 images in the dojo gallery, but it seems that you might have posted more that aren't there.
thank you.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_no29_pic_02.jpg
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_no29_pic_01.jpg
Those two were the ones I posted back then. They are the only images released from the older map.
by Kiyuu
Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation requests here!

Great contribution, as always!

Switch wrote:3. 天龍地友 - "Heaven, Dragon, Earth, Comrades". Seen on the paper about the Chawan Sign.

That's also found in the altar room of the Hazukis.
by Kiyuu
Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Historical references of chawan sign

Do you know any historical references from there the idea of chawan sign came from? Or it's completely original shenmue 2 idea? Mybe you've seen something like that in movies or books
I cannot find any "historical" references of chawan sign, but apparently it's not a completely original idea. It's said that chawan sign was performed in a Japanese manga series, Kenji (拳児, published 1988-1992) a story of a young martial artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_(manga)

Since it features Bajiquan, the similarities to Shenmue has been pointed out by some Japanese fans. I can't say how similar they are, though, as I've never read Kenji unfortunately.
by Kiyuu
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation requests here!

2. 道可道非常道 - "The Way that can be told of is not an unvarying way" (the first line of the Tao Te Ching). I haven't seen it anywhere else in the game.
I should have noticed earlier, but that's one of the scrolls hung in Hazuki Dojo.
So, those three hanging scrolls are all duplicates of the ones in Shenmue, after all.
by Kiyuu
Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

Edit : Added one suggestion at the end.

Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

http://s29.postimg.org/41i6cs493/translate_1.jpg

Info :

漓 江の支流、 狼回 山をの*たところにある山村

民家 (FR : Résidence privée / EN : Private house) ** 戸  鐘楼  寺

袁 の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather) *)

*の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about *)

PC **********
Q  鐘楼  ********
PC ******** F.O

EV 熊(?) (FR : Hirondelle(s) / EN : A bear ) ( *Not really sure, but it'll make more sense, isn't it? )

EV 石跳び (FR : Sauts de pierre en pierre (à vérifier) / EN : Jumping from a stone to another (like the first trailer where Ryo and Shenhua were jumping))
by Kiyuu
Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

DEVILLE_David wrote:Thanks Kiyuu and Switch ! It makes sense now. Still think that the missing ??? is Iwao. But would need a better picture.

Thank you for your dedication. I'd forgotten to include one suggestion, so I've added it to the spoiler in my previous post.
by Kiyuu
Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

You can see that Manabu Takimoto and Tak Hirai have also their cameo.
I read somewhere Kenji Miyawaki too but I think it's a mistake.
Kenji Miyawaki indeed appears in both Shenmue I and II with different names from his own.

You can see other big shots with their real names in the first game; Akira Nagai , Susumu Aketagawa .
by Kiyuu
Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue musical event

sshen1127 wrote: i don't think this one was ever post it on dojo channel...

Apparently, that's the same video as the one we talked about in this topic seven years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37513
by Kiyuu
Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Shenmue III music track names
Translation from Japanese to French by Kenji Seang for Shenmue Master

Spoilers :
https://i.imgur.com/LsB1I9B.png

Main Theme
Shenhua music box
Shenhua transverse flute
Shenhua Jazz
Shenmue Jazz

Battle
Battle
Battle

Guilin
Lijiang River
Rural village
Rural village
Peasant pulling a beef
Woman planting rice
Peaceful village

Misc
Old Master of Nanquan style
Old capital
Enemy departure to the front
Mining location
Narcissuses and fireflies
Looking at the baths
Kung Fu training
Investigating in Choubu
The charcoal burner's shed at dawn
Quick suggestions:

Peasant pulling a beef --> Peasant leading a cow/bull
Looking at the baths --> Peeping into a bathroom
by Kiyuu
Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playable demo of Shenmue III

Here's what I can make out. The content is non-spoilerish.

http://i.imgur.com/SkRcFgjl.png

Great work as always! Here's my rather wild guess for the "???" part:

Characterization: hairstyle, attire, tastes...

Edit: Ooops, I've just found out that you've already guessed similarly before this. Sorry!
by Kiyuu
Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Xiuying Kissed Ryo?!!! :shock:

When they finally reencountered in the US, she disclosed her feelings?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj0B_6JUUAExOfF.jpg

Masaya Matsukaze, the VA of Ryo, and Lisle Wilkerson, the VA of Xiuying, were invited to the FanimeCon held in San Jose, CA.
https://twitter.com/matsukazest
by Kiyuu
Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playable demo of Shenmue III

Thank you Kiyuu! It's great to have your analysis as a native speaker. Glad we were not far off. :)

Aha, so the last word is "tastes"! That had me stumped. What is written on the board in Japanese?
Actually, I'm not really sure about the last word, and it's totally a random guess; "好み." 8-[
by Kiyuu
Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

Here's my best-guess translation of the text on the whiteboard that is briefly shown in the video.

http://i.imgur.com/ax99HkR.png

As usual Yu's handwriting is quite hard to make out. Additions/corrections are welcome (Kiyuu, David...?).
Excellent work as always! Here's a little help with the "??" parts:

[Top left]
りゅ(=龍): dragon
ほう(=鳳凰): phoenix
白(=白虎): white tiger
玄(=玄武): black tortoise

Must overcome (?) these. --> Must be in this order.

[Around the big circle in the center]
白こ(=白虎): white tiger
玄ぶ(=玄武): black tortoise
すざく(=朱雀): red phoenix

[Bottom right]
りゅう(龍): dragon
すざく(朱雀): phoenix
by Kiyuu
Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu Returns for Shen

As for the subtitle: "Occasionally, there are even times when the mountains along the Li River bring misfortune..."

Could Shenhua be talking about the very same mountains found on the picture in her house???

Some connection there? If so, then it's theory time.
Actually, that line couldn't be said by Shenhua, but by some old man, probably. The line begins with "What? Hummm..." in Japanese, and the way of saying is an old man's. A young girl would never say like that.
Besides, she seems to be placed in a bit odd background; with a plastic bag-full of garbage and a beer case that would be found on a Japanese backstreet.

Apparently, that screen shot was not taken from a real game scene, but was composed for some experiment, I guess.
by Kiyuu
Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 59 (I Guess, Haven't got the email ye

⋅ Note 1 is titled "MVN Development" with some notes underneath. One looks like it might say "fly". Aha! That makes sense. MVN Studio is the name of the software used to develop with Xsens, the 3D motion tracking technology being used in Shenmue III.
⋅ Note 2: looks like business contact details, having a phone number, the name of a shop, name of the contact and an email address.
⋅ Note 3: is a single word with the number 1 after it. Er... I hope it's not a password as that would be bad security practice! (I won't give it here just in case).

Here's my interpretation:

Note 1: First line - "MVNのドキュメント化" = MVN documentation?
Note 2: The name of the shop - " ハウスコム五反田店 " which is a real estate agent
Note 3: I don't remember seeing any PC-related password in ひらがな. It could be his personal shopping memo, when the 2nd note is apparently personal. " すだち " improves the taste of some Japanese dishes. ;-)
by Kiyuu
Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Muecas comic in English: Training in Guilin

The comic was drawn by the Muecas team, which consisted of actual Shenmue project members.
Actually, アニィたかはし (Anii Takahashi) who drew the comic was not an official Shenmue project team member, but one of us, Shenmue fans. Muecas-dan was formed by the official Shenmue team to communicate with fans and the fans who contributed to their web magazine were acknowledged as Muecas-dan members. Anii-san was the first fan who got the honor and awarded #011 as a Muecas-dan member. Myself got #023, btw. ;-)

Here's the last Muecas magazine and you can find the member list in the left column:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130829034029/http://www.shenmue.com/muecas.html

Anii-san who was an amateur cartoonist back then now has become professional and even published a comic book like this:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/asin/4865370323/tavel-22/
by Kiyuu
Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Muecas comic in English: Training in Guilin

Ha ha, how great to have been able to interact with the staff members like that. It's probably a part of the Shenmue history that non-Japanese fans may not be so familiar with.
Japanese Shenmue fans had been interacting with the Shenmue team even before the release of the first game. The Shenmue BBS was opened for the fans one year prior to the release of the game, which was often visited by the staff members to interact with. Apparently, the development team had been heeding the voices on the BBS, and some of the fans dreams had been materialized in the game; feeding the cat, finding a cockroach in the kitchen. :lol: If you are interested in the history of Shenmue BBS, check out this page of Felicity-san, a legendary Shenmue fan:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Domino/2061/shenmue/bbs/
by Kiyuu
Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki at the AM2 Summer Festival: 2001 article

I've put up a translation of an article on my blog which is about the AM2 Summer Festival, an event held in Tokyo in early September of 2001. The event was attended by Yu Suzuki and helped to promote the soon-to-be-released Shenmue II.
That was really a wonderful event; a big Shenmue fan gathering in an intimate atmosphere. Since the festival in Tokyo was held several days before the release of Shenmue II, it practically was the Shenmue II launch celebration. Yu-san, the casts and the fans shared the happiest moment together. I got my Shenmue II guide signed by all the main casts who were so friendly. Though I wasn't able to get an autograph of Yu-san, I shook hands with him. The biggest day in my Shenmue history. 16 years since then? ... time flies!
by Kiyuu
Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PhantomRiverStone: Ryo & Ren Video | AM2 Summer Festival

Interested to know if people find the video amusing, or too over the top?
Good job, as always, Switch-san! Those fast nonsense conversations must have given you headaches.
It's a shame they wrote "2000" instead of "2001" as the year. Also, I wonder why Dou Niu's narration which was heard at the event had been removed from the final product. :???:

Anyway, that slapstick video gave the audience an explosive laugh at the festival. Good old days...
by Kiyuu
Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PhantomRiverStone: Ryo & Ren Video | AM2 Summer Festival

I can imagine how fun it must have been to watch it at the event. The energy and craziness of the video is great, and the two actors really have a good rapport.
It really was fun. They could succeed as a "Manzai (comic dialogist) duo," don't you think? :lol:

So the year "2000" was just a pure mistake, wasn't it - seems like it would have been easy to notice though.
Indeed. They must have been so rushed and didn't take much time to proofread, I guess.

And I had been wondering about why Dou Niu was given credit in the video - so he did some live narration at the event? I thought he might perhaps have been the voice of the interviewer or something as well.
As you see, his name appears on the same screen with "First, please view this" caption, right after the introduction. I believe he started giving narration there. I don't remember how often he narrated in the video unfortunately, as the event was the only chance when I heard his narration. The interviewer should be Hagiwara-san, though he may sound a bit different; too serious for him.

And thank you for your help in getting those names correct in the credits section!
It's my pleasure to help with your devoted work. Thank you for your immediate correction!
by Kiyuu
Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im still looking for the guy that gives the move scrolls? where is he exactly??

Thats what I want to know.
Do you mean the Lucky Hit where you could win those move scrolls, right?
You can get there through a narrow path at the bottom of the stairs in Dragon St.
near the Chinese fiddler. It's on your right-hand side when you look up the stairs.
by Kiyuu
Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Shenmue - Starting November 29th

this time I'll only be playing an in-game day each day, no more, no less. If time skips forward for Ryo, then I am not allowed to play Shenmue until the realtime day and ingame day sync up again. Anyone wanting to join me is welcome--although I understand why it may not be super appealing of a playthrough.

Since today is the day that Iwao Hazuki died, I'll be starting today. (although there's not much to play today haha)

I'll also be keeping a personal journal entry of everything that happens in game.
That's exactly the way we played the first game 13 years ago as you see here:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19679&start=15

I see many old faces joining in the game there. Memories...
by Kiyuu
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic