Search found 74 matches

Return

Re: New Reward Tier Added

One thing they should do is look at the bloodstained kickstarter. A lot of the tiers involved backers collaboration to create things like in game weapons and turning their pets into enemy monsters.

If there were tiers for something like having your face scanned for an NPC character, create a technique scroll, design a capsule toy, something like that would get backers excited to be able to contribute to the actual game itself.
by FourWuDu1026
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

You shouldnt because we all know how our love for Shenmue means we wont be satisfied with the final number. It could be 40 millions and we wil be like but, but, but...

No number will be high enough, so just make a cuppa and lets see how the next 3 weeks go :nice!:

You have to admit that the kickstarter it's amateurish for a high profile game like shenmue.

I'll ask again, what the fuck is awesome japan ?? Like really, I don't know.

To be honest, no. I have never partaken in a Kickstarter before so i have bar to level it against. Id hazard a guess that a lot of people on here and who are donating wont have either so in a way, you are encouraging them to jump on a bandwagon of negativity. You opinion is what it is, but i look at it from the point of view that we have a Shenmue III kickstarter in the first place, and after years of no news/"We'll see" comments, im taking it with 100% gratitude.
by Peter
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

I've been looking at this place and Gaf from the backseat but the way you guys are going you won't hit the $10 million. I think we can all agree it should hit around $6 million just based on how it's going. The thing with the Bloodstained Kickstarter was they took control of the community and how they spread the word. Someone has to take charge of everyone and arrange something, set a calendar with what the community as a whole can do each day. One day tweet and the next day do something else. As it stands you have 200 people doing 150 different things. The Team Tu guys, Shenmue 500k, dojo members and Gaf members all have to come together under one roof and have a game plan. Not start a thread saying everyone tweet this hashtag and run off.
by Riku Rose
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall wants to help us

We should get him to help us do the "$30 on the 3rd" Kickstarter boost. Anyone know any Shenmue situations that would make sense for him to do a dialogue with an NPC about money where we can put in the part about donating $30? Maybe where Fuku-San gives him money to go to hongkong? That might actually pretty funny.
by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - The Road To $10 Million

Mystere wrote: Great to see this project on the front page. I'm in, let's do this.

It will be getting another mention in a much bigger update later tonight. :heart:
by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

http://i.imgur.com/R9dPCjn.jpg

Dear Members,

As many of you know, last week was a week that will go down in history for our community. After 14 years of waiting and hoping, it was revealed by Yu Suzuki himself that he is finally in a position to move forward with the creation of Shenmue 3, albeit with a bit of a caveat. Through the announcement of a Kickstarter campaign , Suzuki-San as asked us the fans to help bring his dream, as well as ours, to life by backing and supporting a campaign to help fund the development of the project. While there are various entities supporting this project, Suzuki-san himself has stated that that the fate of Shenmue 3 now rests in our hands and that our actions as a community will dictate the capabilities his team will have in creating the game and to ideally meet its full creative potential.

If you have not already done so, please visit the campaign website and take some time to consider the extent to which you would be willing and able to support this project; note that there are a range of pledge levels with corresponding reward tiers for every single level of backing. As the campaign progresses, there will also be added levels of support to coincide with stretch funding goals as they are introduced. All of the funds that are pledged will be allocated to and utilized SOLELY by YSNET to develop the game.

Contrary to a lot of the dubiously sourced misinformation that has been circulating in recent days, Sony will NOT be funding the entire budget for the game nor will they subsidizing the development costs for YSNET. While Sony will provide various technical investments in conjunction with marketing and promotional support, this project will remain firmly in the directorial hands of Yu Suzuki and his staff. While it is true that there are a number of backers for Shenmue 3, we at this time do not know the scope of how these other entities are involved with the project. All that we can establish for now is that we as a community are in fact the primary patrons for the development of the game and that the responsibility of making Shenmue 3 the strongest game it can be ultimately resides with us.

Over the next few weeks leading up to the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign, we will be introducing two specific social-media based initiatives to promote the backing of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and the series as a whole. The first initiative, #30onthe3rd , is a continuation of our monthly tweetathon #SaveShenmue but with a twist. On 7/3/2015, we encourage everyone to who is able to increase their pledge amount by $30 and post a corresponding tweet as a sign of solidarity within the community. The 2nd initiative, #10MillionToShenmue3 , is a hashtag campaign to be disseminated across all social media platforms to highlight the need for additional funding for Shenmue 3 in order have it be the project that Yu Suzuki has dreamed of creating. In a recent interview, Suzuki-san stated that at a $10 million funding level Shenmue 3 would feature a truly open world that would follow in the lineage of the previous installments.

The time has finally come for us in the Shenmue community to support the series that has given us so much over years. We are now in a position where we can directly impact and influence the creation of Shenmue 3 and give Suzuki-san our direct input While the task at hand may seem daunting, if we come together and collaborate our efforts we will attain the game that we have wanted and deserved for so long. Thank you all very much for your support and we would not be in the position we are in now if it was not for your perseverance and dedication for the series against all odds. We have truly made it.

Keep friends,

The Shenmue Dojo Staff
by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I've never understood this need that people have - Shenmue fans in particular - to silence anything even slightly negative. It's almost like that dystopian society cliché where the big bad evil corporations lock up anyone who doesn't sing along to "Everything is Awesome". Comply or die n all that.

He's not trying to silence anyone or anything. He's trying to maintain morale.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

See, I don't agree with that being relevant. Positivity, imo, means "oh, it doesn't matter, we're getting it anyway". Negativity leads to "not good enough, I want better, I want more !" And is that not the point of the stretch goals?

I dunno, as I say - again - it just comes down to perspective.

IMO, it just comes down to you having something else to bitch about. We can all agree we want the game to be the best it can be. In any case, the only point of this thread was to help assuage the concerns people are having for reaching the 10 million figure or the fear it won't even top Bloodstained. People are getting anxious and nervous. That was all this thread was about, not saying criticism isn't warranted. You say you want it better, you want more but from what I've observed, you just want things perfect. But things won't always BE perfect, and sometimes "pretty good" is good enough. Let this thread be.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Even Yama was on the brink of giving up and merging the forum with BioHaze.

:lol:

However, I think it's fair and important to note, that without the positive Shenmue fans who didn't give up years ago, we wouldn't have gotten this Kickstarter or a resurgence we are having now without them pushing Sony and getting Shenmue III to the top of their Most Wanted list.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

Even Yama was on the brink of giving up and merging the forum with BioHaze.

Ugh, wut? Why in the world would I merge two sites that are series specific yet unrelated? That was never a possibility and makes no sense branding wise. Worked my ass off for years making this place Shenmue centric again and nearly got hung for it, knew it'd be worth it one day.

Mittens was kidding, since when did anyone take him that seriously? LoL
by Yama
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

We'll get the 10M. After the KS, we will have about 2 and a half years time to get there through Paypal. Cheer up, every one! :) Let's just make the KS the best we can and AFTER that is done we will have enough time to discuss what to do. :)

Oh, and just in case I forgot to mention it: Shenmue 3 is coming!!! :king:
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super Villian Peter Moore supports Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Each to their own, I think he is one of the better senior managers in the industry... definitely a gamer as well - he gained a lot of my respect while running SEGA at the end (unlike some of their current management).

Being European I got Shenmue 2 (and it is better with subtitles), plus it allowed Shenmue 2 to expand it's audience on a new console. If it hadnt been re-released it would have been one of the last games on a dead system and would have been mostly ignored (or atleast more so). There was no guaranty that Sega would have released it on the xbox, PS2, Gamecube without his involvement.... We can't have our cake and eat it..
by asnozz
Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I cannot believe what I am reading right now.
He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

I think attacking people is crass and pointless and does nothing for our cause.

Maybe not, but it's fun.

So this is how the Dojo operates now? By taking some sort of 'justified vengeance' and making a mockery of an individual because of the way he acted in an interview. Turning him into a laughing stock, criticizing him, posting links to his social media pages, claiming that he is ruining the Kickstarter campaign, and having fun doing so? How can somebody find hurting the feelings of another person fun? Joel Tess does not deserve this at all.

Absolutely disgusting.
The people acting like this should be ashamed.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Japan

I made attempts at contacting the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter team regarding the explanation of stretch goals, new rewards, VO choice and budget, redoing the video campaign, the reason for the choice of multiple playable characters and how to reel in the general gaming community when most never even heard of the first two games.

My plead yielded the following reply:

Hello,

Very sorry for not getting back sooner! Ok, here we go:
Stretch Goals - Thank you! We are working on it! Trying to be more specific with the SGs and will try to get the explanations moved over. Mr. Suzuki does not want to get too deep without giving all the story away!
Mirrors - Trying!
Video - Still very early development, so there is not much game footage yet. As for scene requests... I think we will have to leave that up to Mr. Suzuki. Again can't give away the story!
At the current stage of funding, it is still hard to know how much voicing there will be. There have been lots of comments for language switching and Mr. Suzuki is aware of the situation.
Why multiple characters? Mr. Suzuki has stated this is one of the things that he really wants to do with Shenmue 3. Will definitely let him know though!
Why care about Shenmue 3? Got it. You are very right. Top priority now getting the message across. We will have the page updated soon.
More rewards? Yes working on them now. Thank you for the ideas!

Thank you very much, please keep your ideas coming, because they will keep us going forward.

Joel &
the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

PS. I did not question the integrity of the work done by his team, because I believe it's counter-productive and unnecessary at this point.
by sand4fish
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I don't really care about any negative spin or "pressurizing" that might be going on because of this $30 on the 3rd campaign. If you feel pressurized by people who don't know you on the internet asking you to donate more money if you feel like it, you're kind of being a baby. Your personal stakes are non-existent here. If you never give the extra $30, no one will ever know.

Whenever someone tries to create something positive, there will always be detractors. That doesn't mean you should stop, though, because as I said, there will ALWAYS be detractors. Detractors don't create shit; they cause a net negative effect in any situation they're in.

I look at this $30 on the 3rd campaign in a positive light. I think, "if I skip a couple meals out this month and make my coffee at home every morning, $30 shouldn't be any problem at all." It's positive reinforcement, helping me do something I should be doing anyway. I will definitely be donating on the 3rd.

All that said, no one who doesn't donate on the 3rd should feel bad. I think we as a community will have to reinforce that in the near future, when we don't meet whatever stretch goal we fall short of and some members start pointing fingers at those who didn't give more. Let me repeat, NO ONE should feel bad if they don't donate on the 3rd.

Personally, I'm in a very transitionary position. I just got the full-time job that I've been working 2 straight years specifically to get. If this KS campaign happened a month previous I would be tapped for cash. If it would have happened two months from now I would be able to give much more. Instead it's happening right now, right in the middle of the transition. I have to be very careful about how much I give, and have been thinking a lot about it.

Each person has a certain amount they're willing to give, and they shouldn't be made to feel bad about it. On the other hand, there are surely a lot of people who could give a little more, and will respond positively to our $30 on the 3rd campaign.
by 0rganiker
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

One of the points we should start to make clear is that 29$ for Shenmue 3 is a steal.

You can just listen to the soundtrack and pay more than 29 dls.

If "donating" is not good enough, it should be understood that Shenmue III will be (as the games before it) one of the best games of all time.

People rambling about sony, kickstart and bullshit.

You can have a game that has had 14 years of pre production, one of the greatest game developers ever, 3d graphics in UE4, it's a freaking steal !!! This is not a prebuy, this is gaming history at an absurd price.
by shredingskin
Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

I think this was the best day this community has ever seen. What a display of discipline, effort, and enthusiasm.

1. 335,960 dollars in one day.
2. 1276 new backers in one day.
3. Twice as many Kickstarter comments as any previous day.
4. Love from Kavinsky.
5. Peter's dreams of meeting Suzuki came true.
6. Kotaku tried to go negative, but their own news editor called the writer out for it in the comments. Upbeat rebuttals dominated the comment section. The tide of public opinion has turned.
7. Apologies from Awesome Japan and much better handling of everything today. Cedric Biscay heard us, and continues to engage with the community.
8. Great new tiers. Limited ones are selling out. Physical PS4 copy was a game-changer.
9. Unprecedented noise made on Twitter.
10. On the verge (only about 10,000 left, will make by mid-morning on the west coast) of overtaking Torment as the 2nd most funded Kickstarter game ever made.
11. Great Q&A with Yu.
12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

You are all incredible. This is an amazing moment.
by Erevador
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III is KS project of the day

They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?

Well that's a fair point, and I am not about to defend Awesome Japan on that front, because I agree with you, they've been shite there. But the kickstarter was announced at E3, and has been front page news on many gaming websites for the past couple weeks now, so I'd say the vast majority of the 1M+ people that bought Shenmue on the Dreamcast know that it exists. Only 51K~ of which have pledged. I would argue that Shenmue fans unwillingness to back the game they've been saying they want for 14 years are far more to blame for the kickstarter's stalling than Awesome Japan at this point.

I think there are plenty of Shenmue fans out there that are happy to see the game funded by the diehard fans, and don't give a fuck about actually putting in their share. Just waiting for release to pick it up.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

I understand this is "For the fans, by the fans"... But at this rate it's just going to be one big advertisement :sad:
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First magazine to cover Shenmue & when did you hear abou

First I heard about Shenmue was probably DC-UK. I occasionally read ODM but I preferred DC-UK's art style.

I used to buy DC-UK and ODM. Good times! They were quite expensive here in Sweden but very nice magazines, both of them. I still bring them out from time to time for a trip down memory lane. Always great fun. :D

Same goes for Official PS2 Mag, PSM2 etc etc. I have hundreds of old gaming magazines piled up all over the apartment. I just can't stand the thought of getting rid of them, despite the fact I ran out of available space a long time ago. It's probably just my nostalgia running wild but I love having those old magazines around.
by mindcrime
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Does anyone remember that fight in Shenmue 2 on top of Yellow Head Building when Dou Niu is running toward Ryo with 400 lbs. of force behind him? This is the climax of the Shenmue story thus far. Ryo has one last chance and takes it. He delivers the final counter elbow assault to Dou Niu.

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/images/dounui.jpg

With that one blow the next phase of his journey can continue without interference.

We are on top of that roof right now with the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. This campaign is our Dou Niu. In order to give Yu Suzuki the chance to make the best Shenmue 3 possible we have to deliver that blow.

As I’ve said many times before, if you’ve donated to this Kickstarter you are a Shenmue saint. If you can squeeze out a little more from your budget great! If not, no worries, you've done your part and I know Yu is grateful. But if you’re holding out for PayPal, don’t! We have one last chance to make this happen. Don’t be deceived into assuming PayPal will happen. It very well could become a reality after the Kickstarter. But we just don’t know. All we know for sure is this Kickstarter ends July 17th. It all comes down to that day: The Final Blow.

Here is our new campaign logo:
http://www.30onthe3rd.com/images/tfb_logo.jpg
So spread the word far and wide. This is a critical period at end of the campaign when decisive action is needed. Pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW! - or possibly lose your chance forever! The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success. The fate of Shenmue is in OUR hands now. Make your dreams come true!
#SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow

EDIT
The website http://www.30onthe3rd.com/finalblow is now live! Let me know if you have any translations or corrections. I'll try to get the various timezone times up ASAP.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New to Shenmue

Hi! I am totally new to Shenmue but I loved everything I have read about it so far. I recently supported Shenmue III and I can't wait to play it!

I am wondering how I in the best/easiest way can get the backstory information I need to be able to enjoy Shenmue III fully? Should I watch all the cut scenes from the first game on YouTube (does it exists for Shenmue II as well?), or what should I do to get to know all the story of the game I need up to Shenmue III?

I have never really jumped into a game without being there from the start, so I am not really sure how to do it the best/easiest way and would like some help.

Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum for my question.
by Aenae
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

$1500 I AM SHENMUE.. (will choose PC Phsyical)

+ $80 for PS4 (Phsyical)

I'll never reduce my pledges for that would be disingenuous and cause too much heart ache for those like me who watch the total day in day out :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

Video was nice but the "be in the game" rewards are getting out of hand. Game will be overloaded with this stuff.
Why couldn't they've listened and give us something physical again, like the mirror replicas...
by BlueMue
Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Guys, I've updated the logo. It adds the days (Thursday & Friday) and makes the title pop a little more.

by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Rig, I know I often pick up on your funding posts (like the other day when you predicted $25K and we got $50K+) and I'm not trying to be an arse. But we're going to make it. IT WILL pass $5M, so good God man, stop worrying about $4.9!

lol I don't mind people challenging my posts, I'm sure subconsciously I post my pessimistic views in the hopes that someone will say something which makes me change my mind (and make me feel better!) because I want the opposite of what I say to happen. so by all means, challenge my pessimism at any opportunity.. prove me wrong so I can do a little Irish jig when it funds past 5 million and I have to eat my own words :) would make me very happy \:D/
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

shredingskin wrote: There's a BIG stretch now from 5.1 to 6 million :(

1 million in two days, this is going to be very stressful... and I love that.
by Yokosuka
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Peter wrote:Pledges made within 24 hours of the deadline cannot be cancelled, and contact has to be made with the developer to do so.

:lol: Some little troll's gonna have some explaining to do after he's maxed out his mom's credit card
by NeoShredder
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

I'd like to thank everyone for donating on behalf of wude. He's helped me and many others in our community.

by Ziming
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

They deserve a tap on the shoulder for putting their best effort into acting on the advice from the community, but that doesn't absolve them from being incompetent. I wish they had had that learning experience with another project, not the revival of a fan favorite classic 14 years after its untimely death.

Exactly, I love people trying to defend their performance by saying they learnt and improved as the campaign went on like this was some type of educational endeavour. And when they cite these so called improvements, you can find out this was only due to the community having to back channel the co-producer of the game and demand improvements be made.

The fact that Cedric became more of a mouth piece and engaged the community more than AJ themselves I think speaks volumes to their effort.

I find it somewhat humorous, suddenly the same people that discuss topics ad nauseam about a videogame they've completed hundreds of times over the years suddenly rule certain topics don't bear further analysis or discussion. I guess some people really do like pleading ignorance...

You are thinking this over too much. I'm not necessarily defending them, because they don't need defending: they weren't that good. However, it feels like a lot of people can't let it go and are continuing to harp on it. That's not bad in itself, but the tone of the thread is unnecessarily toxic given the record we just made. That doesn't mean I'm excusing AJ - i was one of their most ardent critics.
by Himuro
Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

None. It's set in the middle of fucking nowhere. The available games should be along the lines of ball in a cup or playing football with rocks.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Some more translation:
http://i.imgur.com/NkPa9ua.png

The complete Shenhua & Ryo sketches from this mornings conference:

http://i.imgur.com/SXlXbo0.jpg
If you observe carefully this particular sketch that Shenhua is holding Ryo's hand it looks like he hurted his left foot.

That's not necessarily true, he looks off balance to me because Shenhua is so sure footed and determined to go somewhere.
If you look closely to Ryo's left foot it shows like a stain on his pants. I'm convinced that Ryo is injured.

That's a shadow.
by Himuro
Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Mentioning what? That people shouldn't get excited? How is that betraying trust? Whatever man.
It wasn't really dramatic until people pressed me for more, all I wanted was to not let people go wild with their hopes, especially with MAGIC coming... If you think that's attention whoring, I can't do anything to sway your opinion... I guess it would piss me off If I saw someone withholding information after 'teasing' it. But really, I only had the best intentions at heart. Guess I was too naive?

If I had to clarify, I would say the game is NOT in trouble or anything. It's just... It seems it's way earlier in development than any of us even thought, even the skeptics.
C'mon, you knew what you were doing posting this:

Anyway, I just heard something from someone that crashed my hype to the lowest degree, and I'm pretty thankful for that. It's always best to lower expectations and play it safe.

Dropping that hot nugget is not best intentions. You know people can't openly talk about that stuff, and coating it in a fearful message, just like you even do at the end of the post I'm quoting, is bullshit and manipulative of people.
by Spaghetti
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you guys been reading too much IGN or something? Why is there such a trend of hating Yu Suzuki and Shenmue III on here lately? So what if they're not as far into development as planned. It just means the game gets delayed (which a lot of people want anyway).

If what Rikitatsu says is to be believed, it's no wonder that we're not seeing super impressive material yet. However so many people pressure the studio to show us new material, they buckle to the pressure and release disappointing screenshots (with photoshoped elements), people see them and become even further disappointed and the cycle of hate continues.

Guys, Yu Suzuki literally said in this update that he's staying in his office overnight because he cares so much about Shenmue III. It's shameful to call Shenmue III 'humiliating' after seeing screenshots that we probably pressured the team to release with our constant messages after PSX. If the team are behind, we need to be understanding and supportive instead of going 'Games Media' mode. Shenmue III will be a great game, even if we have to wait a while longer for the good stuff to come to light.

Remember guys:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czs9TT9W8AARw_n.jpg
by Jibby
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fuck the haters and the negativity.

Merry Christmas Yu, make the best game you can.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Whoever thinks 10/10 is being a complete Pollyanna especially after the whole PSX Experience train wreck that left us all wretched shadows of our former selfs bereft of hopes and dreams.

Sure, there is a 10/10 chance that SOMEDAY (like in 500 years) there will be remaster but not in time for Shenmue 3.

I'd give it a 2 maybe a 3 if I want to throw a little Christmas charity out there.

http://guyanachronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CHARITY.jpg
by SMDzero
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #64: Season’s Greetings!

Marching along into 2017...

NEXT MAJOR UPDATE CONFIRMED FOR MARCH

by Himuro
Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

Valascaziel wrote: I am curious--what will the reaction of us stalwarts be if, for some inexplicable reason, Shenmue III is no-show in June?

Civil War.
by SMDzero
Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic