Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

It's definitely fake.....

jk.. Great find, friend!
by sand4fish
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Wallpapers

Made an account just to say thank you. The watercolor effect really makes the somewhat "rough" trailer look like a masterpiece. Makes me want to commission a painting of this scene but alas, a great wallpaper will do :mrgreen:
by Awper
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Wallpapers

This is sweet :) Thank you man!
by ShenBlue92
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue's announcement didn't live up to my hype.

Suzuki could of released Shenmue 3 as a PDF file and I would of done fucking backflips.
by Locke_cole
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue3

Yu Suzuki just dropped this bombshell:

http://i.imgur.com/Zgf3BSh.png

So unless you guys want to play Shenmue 3-lite, then we gotta push this to $10 Million, in anyway we can. So I thought we could take advantage of the social media to help with that.

#10MillionToShenmue3

In this hashtag, we will focus on the following:

- Explain that Yu Suzuki needs at least $10M from Kickstarter funding to make Shenmue 3 the proper Open World experience we all knew and loved.

- Clear the misunderstanding that Sony is footing the bill for the project, more information here .

- Overall promote the Shenmue series so that it might catch the interest of non-fans.

What say you? Am I going to find some energy here? or just cynicism? If this hashtags catches on, I'll create graphics like Avatars and sigs to help promote it.

#10MillionToShenmue3

http://i.imgur.com/Uc2fJTu.png
http://i.imgur.com/XM4orE7.png
http://i.imgur.com/FM9zdNy.png
by Rikitatsu
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

wdrpgwd wrote: GUESS WHAT!!!

Congrats. You will be joining me and Ken Sugimori with Yu Suzuki.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, Peter. Would have been cool to meet you.
by LanDC
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.
http://i.imgur.com/b8Bc9z0.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shu Yoshida clarifies "Are they or arn't they funding?"

I am confident that after all is said and done, Yu will be able to make the Shenmue 3 that he wants to make without holding back. I donated 300 and plan to put in at least another 200 before the Kickstarter is over
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

I posted here wayyy back at the beginning, on gamespy or something similar. I don't remember my username from when I was a kid and have long since retired the linked email, so I made this account a year or two ago.

I remember two people from back in the day, a user called Shenmue 2 - who was my first and hilarious encounter with a troll. I still remember him faking doctors credentials to back up his claim he was a doctor. The second was someone called Jeff, who I recall was not well liked to funny results.

I also have good memories of Andy, Ryudo, James Brown, Miles Prower and many more.

In the past 14 years, I moved to Japan, started my own company and trawled around Akihabara looking for Shenmue Merch.

It's good to be back!
by Chiba-Kun
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

There are many former members of the Dojo who have not even logged in. We will be updating said members who hopefully still use the same email addresses they signed up with. Yama and Sean are currently organising this.
Damn, I also want the privilege of a special customized e-mail from the Dojo. Just for the hell of it.

I think a lot of shenmue gamers stopped playing games long time ago. Hopefully if they find this on not gaming media, it'll spark some good memories and back it.
They clearly forgot about a few of these :
Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training
Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision
Jie - Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly
Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right
by ys
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

http://i.imgur.com/R9dPCjn.jpg

Dear Members,

As many of you know, last week was a week that will go down in history for our community. After 14 years of waiting and hoping, it was revealed by Yu Suzuki himself that he is finally in a position to move forward with the creation of Shenmue 3, albeit with a bit of a caveat. Through the announcement of a Kickstarter campaign , Suzuki-San as asked us the fans to help bring his dream, as well as ours, to life by backing and supporting a campaign to help fund the development of the project. While there are various entities supporting this project, Suzuki-san himself has stated that that the fate of Shenmue 3 now rests in our hands and that our actions as a community will dictate the capabilities his team will have in creating the game and to ideally meet its full creative potential.

If you have not already done so, please visit the campaign website and take some time to consider the extent to which you would be willing and able to support this project; note that there are a range of pledge levels with corresponding reward tiers for every single level of backing. As the campaign progresses, there will also be added levels of support to coincide with stretch funding goals as they are introduced. All of the funds that are pledged will be allocated to and utilized SOLELY by YSNET to develop the game.

Contrary to a lot of the dubiously sourced misinformation that has been circulating in recent days, Sony will NOT be funding the entire budget for the game nor will they subsidizing the development costs for YSNET. While Sony will provide various technical investments in conjunction with marketing and promotional support, this project will remain firmly in the directorial hands of Yu Suzuki and his staff. While it is true that there are a number of backers for Shenmue 3, we at this time do not know the scope of how these other entities are involved with the project. All that we can establish for now is that we as a community are in fact the primary patrons for the development of the game and that the responsibility of making Shenmue 3 the strongest game it can be ultimately resides with us.

Over the next few weeks leading up to the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign, we will be introducing two specific social-media based initiatives to promote the backing of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and the series as a whole. The first initiative, #30onthe3rd , is a continuation of our monthly tweetathon #SaveShenmue but with a twist. On 7/3/2015, we encourage everyone to who is able to increase their pledge amount by $30 and post a corresponding tweet as a sign of solidarity within the community. The 2nd initiative, #10MillionToShenmue3 , is a hashtag campaign to be disseminated across all social media platforms to highlight the need for additional funding for Shenmue 3 in order have it be the project that Yu Suzuki has dreamed of creating. In a recent interview, Suzuki-san stated that at a $10 million funding level Shenmue 3 would feature a truly open world that would follow in the lineage of the previous installments.

The time has finally come for us in the Shenmue community to support the series that has given us so much over years. We are now in a position where we can directly impact and influence the creation of Shenmue 3 and give Suzuki-san our direct input While the task at hand may seem daunting, if we come together and collaborate our efforts we will attain the game that we have wanted and deserved for so long. Thank you all very much for your support and we would not be in the position we are in now if it was not for your perseverance and dedication for the series against all odds. We have truly made it.

Keep friends,

The Shenmue Dojo Staff
by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

I'm so incredibly happy that he hasn't decided to end the series with Shenmue 3. Even if Shenmue 3 does horribly (which I doubt) and we're left on another cliffhanger, that's still preferable to me than a rushed product just so I "know what happens". I don't play Shenmue merely because i'm curious about the story. I play Shenmue because its story is presented brilliantly and I want nothing to compromise that in further games.

This 100%. A big part of what makes the Shenmue games so great is that they go at their own pace and never rush, so I really really don't want Shenmue 3 to rush things to a conclusion just for sake of giving us one. I want as faithful a version I can get of Yu's original vision. Even if that means there's no guarantee we'll ever get a conclusion.
by mue 26
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE 3 AFTERMATH - Happy Console Gamer

Happy Console Gamer and Rerez chat about the Shenmue 3 controversy and it's Kickstarter. Watch it here.

Youtube Channels: Happy Console Gamer | Rerez | Adam Koralik
Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Kickstarter Videos | News Archive
by Ziming
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

The lack of promotion off the team doing the Kickstarter is really underwhelming...where are the social media pages, the new reasons to up pledges on Kickstarter (more tiers), better introduction to the series for people who aren't already fans (it's pretty much just geared towards the established fanbase; which seems smaller nowadays than it used to be), lack of Kickstarter stretches [where are the stretches for things like the arcade games, voice acting, martial arts training returning from S1, returning development team members that Suzuki briefly talked about etc]. Suzuki should reach out to his industry friends to gain more interest. Surely he has friends in game development that would do a 30 second snippet explaining why people should pledge (ex SEGA developers, SWERY, friends at other development studios, whoever, just get more interest anyway they can). Suzuki is influential to a lot of game developers.

Relying on the fans to do all of the work for them is kind of annoying. We have day jobs, they're the ones getting paid to do these sorts of things.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Cédric Bislay :
(about the possibility of active paypal after kickstarter like Star Citizen)
"Yu is informed about this possibility"
by Yokosuka
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Were Awesome Japan aware of the Stretch Goals?

We had a mass tweetathon yesterday to fire Awesome Japan. Hopefully this is it! :king:
by Himuro
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we be expecting AAA standards or indie standards?

It's a little early to tell, but yeah, I'm not sure if we should expect it to be quite on the same level/budget as the first two games...as long as it has everything that makes Shenmue Shenmue , however, then that's good enough for me. Just annoying that some of these stretch goals are so vague, as we don't have an idea of what the game will be like if they aren't met =/ I'm really really hoping it's not too linear, and that there is enough sidequests and extra things to do...I feel bad having these concerns, as a few short weeks ago we thought Shenmue III was never going to happen at all, but it'd be crushing to wait so long and for it to be a disappointment...
by Miles Prower
Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Even if small, it's effecting the campaign in some way. People love to think they're on the inside of information, the ignorant believe in conspiracy theorist ramblings that 2+2=5, throw them a bone and they'll go after it. The second the mainstream gets a hold of information like this, they think they know better and see it as another major corporation trying to screw them. Again, even if small, every bit counts and this is definitely a negative that we don't need. The point that it's still occurring is baffling.
by Yama
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Update #20: Corey Marshall is Back!!!!

Corey Marshall back for 3!!!

2 Comments

15 likes
Hello Everyone!

Just in! Corey Marshall, the actor who did the English voice acting for the main character Ryo in Shenmue 1 & 2, is now confirmed for Shenmue 3!

The support for Mr. Marshall to reprise his role as Ryo has been just overwhelming!

We would all like to thank Corey-san for coming back, and especially for all the support he has given to Shenmue over the years.

Corey is as excited for Shenmue's return as we all are, and to help out, he has magnanimously offered his voice for a special reward. Yes, that's right--get a personal message from Ryo! Do not miss this opportunity to get a very special message from Ryo himself. Maybe one those classic Ryo one-liners?

The $1,000 Reward for the Corey Marshall as Ryo Voice Message will include the $500 Reward. The Ryo Voice Message will also be included in the Rewards for $2,000 and up.

The Man as The Man
The Man as The Man
Still ahead later this week we have some highly anticipated Rewards in the works and almost ready to go up, so keep it here!

What's Shenmue?

The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.

#SaveShenmue Tweetathon on Twitter on the 3rd!

Every third of the month has traditionally been the day to show your support for Shenmue 3.

To celebrate the final??? #SaveShenmue Tweetathon, this Friday, the 3rd of July, Yu Suzuki will be joining in to Tweet along with you!

#YouaskYu

As part of the festivities, he will also be taking questions this week to be answered Friday the 3rd July 2015, 7:00PM PDT. From your Twitter account, you canTweet to Yu Suzuki by including the hashtag #YouaskYu in your message along with your question.

Get your unanswered questions answered by Yu Suzuki! See you there!
by mjq jazz bar
Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Hmm, after reading the update, it seems as though all of the tiers above $1k get this reward included, which is a little disappointing to hear since i've got one of the $1k grab bag rewards at the moment, and obviously this ends up being the only premium tier not to include this as a reward then. So for me to get the Corey Marshall voice message, I would either need to spend an additional $1k, and end up with 2 lots of the $500 rewards :( or swap from one tier to the other.
Yea you're right James but then if they gave it to the people on the 1k grab bag reward also there wouldn't be any justification in making it a 1k rewards itself without would it...

Does seem a bit silly though- message them maybe and say can those in the 1k grab bag tier not be given the option of maybe increasing to 1.2k or something to get the Corey message also.
by joka
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

James, maybe a message to Ys Net would help.
by mjq jazz bar
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've heard a lot of people complaining about marketing the Shenmue Kickstarter to a larger audience, and without naming names, I've seen some of those same people complaining about there being an English dub. If you want Shenmue to be appealing to a larger group of people, you're going to need English voice acting. A game with a foreign language and English subtitles isn't the most accessible way to go about things. I respect everyone who does believe that the Japanese VOs are superior to the English dub but I believe that YSnet is making the right move.

I'll admit I'm very excited for this news though. Corey is Ryo to me, I really wanted him to come back.
by Ceej
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA Nerdcast w/ Lisle Wilkerson, Corey Marshall, Eric K

So now that Corey Marshall is officially voicing Ryo Hazuki, I now have an actual Shenmue 3 employee on the podcast! :D
by Yokosuka Martian
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

James Brown wrote: They keep on about Umbrellas and stuff, is there a hidden message there somewhere? I know they originally said a storm of updates was happening, but to keep using the word Umbrella is a bit weird I feel?

Shenmue Umbrella, next reward tier hahahaha! Imagine that :P!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

Shenmue/Resident Evil crossover confirmed!
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

James Brown wrote:Couldn't wait till 7pm, so just backed another $30 on a new account :)

Ah, clever. Raising the pledger count.
by LucBu
Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Cast Ep. 1

Working on itunes. :)
by Axm
Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - New reward tiers added.

THEY ADDED THE PS4 PHYSICAL!
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Physical PS4 Copy Reward Added!!!

I like how they waited for the 3rd to reveal it! \:D/
by Himuro
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

I'm wondering if I could ask a question regarding the PS4 physical copy.

So far I've pledged $120, however I'm wondering, is there an option to change the preferences of my pledge to put down PS4 physical copy as my preferred?

Or is that something that we will be asked to pick once the KickStarter has finished?

The only reason I ask is because I heard that for those who have pledged the $60 option have the ability to edit their pledge so they can state their preference for a PS4 physical copy is they so wish.

Don't worry dude, they said they'll send a survey out at the end, and you can pick between 4 options, digital of either, or physical of either.

Awesome, thanks man! Congrats on your pledge btw
by Luke_09
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going back to the talk a couple of pages ago about Corey voice message being included at the $1000 grab bag tier, soley because i've backed that tier, i'd either need to swap tiers to the Corey voice one, or throw down another $1000 which I don't have to be able to get this reward. I sent a message as a couple of guys on here suggested I try and got a response :)

Ys Net says:

Hello James,

Thank you for your message, and sorry for the belated reply.

We do understand your situation and the problem that will be caused with the current reward tier setting.

One way to solve this problem would be using the Add-on system that we see in other Kickstarter projects, opening the doors for the backers to "add" the rewards. However, managing Add-on options of almost 50k backers would be practically impossible with the Kickstarter system.

We apologize for not being able to accommodate your suggestions.

Without support from backers like you, we would not be as successful, so we would like to thank you again for your support to this project. If there is any suggestions to this project, be it rewards or page contents, please let us know. We are more than happy to listen to you.

Best Regards,

Wataru
& The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

Any idea who Wataru is? Anyways...that is basically a no, but atleast they responded to me in like less than 24 hours, it's pretty good :)
Aww well that sucks!

I like how they actually told you how they could resolve it but then said they're not going to! Lol.

Best solution would've been to make it a 750 reward and anyone above got it as you said James- wouldn't have added that many more for Corey to do by the looks of it...
by joka
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twitter Q&A

were there originally 16 chapters in the shenmue saga or were there 11? please elaborate as to why some say 16 and some say 11.

Yu: It is 11 chapters, but with branched story line, it will be more than 11

Hi Yu is there any chance we can carry on Pledging after the Kickstarter date has closed?

Yu: Thanks for the question, we will look into it.

at $5 million, exactly HOW open world will Shenmue 3 be, compared to Shenmue 1/2?

Yu: I'm expecting something similar to Dobuita in terms of scale.

now that we know Shenmue 3 will not end the Story, do you have a backup plan if it won´t succeed to tell the end?

Yu: Gonna have to find a successor I think.

will Shenmue have online functionality for example Online arcade Highscores or Online 70 man fighting battles?

Yu: It will be a lot of fun, but depends on budget, so still under consideration

Will you be disappointed if the kickstarter doesn't raise $10mill for that 'open world experience'?

Yu: No I won't. I am greatful I have another chance for a new Shenmue. I will do everything I can within the budget

Will the Tiger scroll translated by Guizang in 1 be in 3?

Yu: Great idea! I will look into it.

For Ryo Hazuki's model and others, are you going to reuse models and generally assets from Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2?

Yu: I don't plan on recycling them, but will use the good parts as an reference.

Would love to hear Mandarin voice acting alongside Japanese in Shenmue 3, could we make it stretch goal?

Yu: Thank you, it is under consideration.

Why do you think Shenmue didn't appeal to the mass audience back then? Would it need to be 'modernized' for today?

Yu: One reason may be there were so many new challenges. New challenges this time too. It's the most important thing.

Can we expect the return of lottery prize in Shenmue 3? May be the first prize can be a figure of Yu Suzuki!

Yu: Great idea. Thanks. I will need to think about something more appealing than a figure of me.

will u research latest tech in AI so u can include it in shenmue 3 to make it a pioneering game like its predecessors?

Yu: Yes. I would like to take on some new challenge in terms of technology.

is there a possibility to film a production process for example motion capture or dubbing, during development of Shenmue 3?

Yu: Yes, we have it and I would like to feature it in an update

Will CocaCola join the Party?

Yu: I'm considering collaborations with companies like Coca Cola

Do you have any idea if Sega's planning on doing a Virtua Fighter 6?

Yu: I have not heard about it from SEGA.

What can you tell me of the three blades?

Yu: Jobs using scissors, razor and knife- barber, cook, and sewer. Skills for jobs with steady demand in any era.

although a little hint is left in the video Tak Hirai, Ryo he will now be able to jump into Shenemue 3?

Yu: Yes. I am researching the new technology to have more natural motions in Shenmue 3

My ten year old daughter wants to know if she'll be able to use the phone at will in Shenmue 3 like she does in Shenmue 1

Yu: Look forward to it. There will be many nostalgic scenes. Maybe a tin can telephone as well?

If future installments of Shenmue become a possibility will we have the option to bring over save data from 3?

Yu: I have not decided it yet.

Can we expect epic fights like in Kowloon in Shenmue 2 and a similar battle fight system?

Yu: There is "Battle System Expanded" Stretch Goal. It will enhance the battles, better than Shenmue 2

Will we start Shenmue 3 with some items/skills/scrolls from Shenmue 1+2?

Yu: The platform is different, so unfortunately we can't do it.

Should we expect any Sega related stuff in Shenmue 3 like arcade games or toy capsules?

Yu: There is a possibility.

Were there any gameplay elements for Shenmue 1 and 2 that had to be cut due to budget constraints?

Yu: Yes. I wanted the ramen noodles to get soggy and yucky, but couldn't. I wanted to get that real.

Will the "Shenmue Trial" be used for feedback to improve the game like Square Enix have with the FF15 demo?

Yu: I would definitely want to get feedback, so I'm looking into how to put a system like that in place.

Will there be official kickstarter/Shenmue 3 forums to discuss and give feedback throughout the development process?

Yu: I of course would like that and am looking into it.

Will everything be voice acted the same way as 1 and 2? or will budget constraints not allow 100% VO all the time?

Yu: Full voice will be possible if we have enough funding.

What's the I.Q. score of Fukuhara-san?

Yu: Maybe something like 86?

I was wondering did you get Ryo Hazuki name from Ryudo Uzaki that was a Japanese musician?

Yu: Nope

My question is why is not possible to use (Shenmue Passport) models for the Shenmue 3?

Yu: I'm considering about adding some functions from Shenmue Passport.

can we expect custom clothing for Ryo Hazuki it would be great feature to able to style Ryo Hazuki as we want

Yu: There's a feature on the $250 tier and up to change Ryo's jacket. Other customizing under consideration

Why the Dragon Mirror was hidden under a cherry tree, a not so safe place like the basement?

Yu: Iwao thought the place under Cherry blossom tree was safer.

Why Iwao Hazuki loves the carrots so much?

Yu: Yes! Iwao's most favorite food is carrots! *jokingly*

Where did Ryo got his band aid?

Yu: It didn't appear in Chp.1, but there was a martial arts event. The scar is from the final match

what is your favorite movie?

Yu: My favorite 3 are: The Hustler, Casablanca, Roman Holiday. I love Billiards, and I still play it sometimes.

Will Shenmue 3 be compatible with the project Morpheus VR headset for the ultimate second life experience?

Yu: I feel that VR offers great possibilities.

Will in Shenmue 3 be a dog to pet call look and feed?

Yu: Depends on the budget.

Shenmue's core plot is basically Hamlet - are you a Shakespeare fan & has that been an influence?

Yu: Sorry, but I have not read Hamlet. I know Hamtaro though.

I always wondered how ryo , being Japanese, could communicate so easy in China. Can ryo speak Chinese?

Yu: Let's not go there...

will there be any more dinners offered for the $10,000 tier?

Yu: We just added them today!

How was your day?

Yu: It is Shenmue Day, so on Twitter with everyone. So many participating, I couldn't be happier. Rewards sold out! Thanks all!!!

What did YU name the kitten?

Yu: I think I named her with dog names, like Pochi or Gontaro.

will we see a shenmue soda (can be just a can) and what would it taste like?

Yu: If there is any interested beverage firm out there, please contact YSNET

Suzuki-san, can you please tell us some little info about Shenhua that the fans don't already know yet?

Yu: The Shenmue tree's flower is named Shenhua. She is named after that flower.

Will Ryo learn the value of forgiveness in Shenmue 3?

Yu: Please play Shenmue 3 for that answer!

do you have a rough idea how many people will be in the development team for Shenmue 3?

Yu: It will vary depending on the KS budget.

Since relationships between characters will be more prominent, will we see something like a multiple choice conversation system?

Yu: I am thinking about a dialogue selection system.

Please confirm that guns will never be a part of Shenmue gameplay, not for Ryo or any other playable character

Yu: I am not thinking about including guns as a weapon at the moment.

will ryo finally eat and do other bodly functions?

Yu: I don't have plan on implementing it for S3.

Why does Ryo have a Saturn under his tv in Shenmue 1 but no games? Was Iwao using the promise of a game for it to focus Ryo?

Yu: That sounds about right. Let's go with that.

Mr. Suzuki, what is your favorite music to listen to?

Yu: I like Jazz and Rock.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

You could play Lucky Hit to get technique scroll(s) in Shenmue II. May have just been that one hidden one in Kowloon. Fucking impossible, I never managed to get it. Heard the move actually sucked, anyway. Monkey Arm Punch or something?
by Lan Di-sama
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A

Depends on what you consider items of value. What about the amulet n sword handguard?
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's Watch is up on the Kickstarter

Hmm, just been doing a little bit of research on the watch that's included in the 1k grab bag tier. I managed to secure this reward whilst the twitch stream was live, and the amount has been on my mind all day. But I got home to find they added photos of the items you'd receive (last night it was just "Random items"). So I was excited to see that everyone did infact get a replica timex watch! Then the amount was even more justified as i'm actually excited by the hand drawn illustration. At first I assumed the watch was a cheaper replica of Ryo's, in the colour blue, so I understood the difference between this one and the mega amazing official sexy boxed limited edition replica $5k watch! However something about the watch didn't look right, it looks like a digital display...So I just google imaged watches and found this photo, which matches the style of the watch in the kickstarter rewards and uggghhh, is this really the watch?

http://www.videogameauctions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Shenmue-Japan-Prize-TIMEX-ATLANTIS-100-Rare-wristwatch.jpg

Apart from the Shenmue logo on the wrist, what on earth has that got to do with Shenmue lol? There might be another $1k reward up for grabs if anyone is interested lol, i'm gonna sit on it for a little bit and get back to you, I know there's a couple of people in this topic that would be happy to grab it from me. I really would like the illustration though, so will need to sit on it a little, just thought i'd give you guys a heads up.

Thank you for posting this, I been wondering what kind of watch was it. The shenmue name look like photoshop in the band lol
by Slowpo
Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Road to #1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game

They need to add some stretch goals between $5.1m and $6m. That's too wide of a gap to not have one.
by Ziming
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue The Movie Official DVD

Looks like a bootleg to me, especially with the "ALL" region logo.
by Amir
Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

James Brown wrote: Image

Woooo!

all of a sudden his expressions make sense :P
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Shenmue Saga - Huber Hype! (Game Trailers)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YsNet starts recruiting for Shenmue III staff

Thank you all for your words, It makes me happy and proud of being part of this awesome community. =D>
by Esppiral
Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

$1500 on one account for my PC copy, another account for $60 PS4 physical, I'll probably up that to $80 for the phone card so I have that in both copies.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic