Re: most interesting year

Sonikku wrote:gibberish

Poison av FTW. :heart:
by Yama
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hurricane Sandy

I'm all right, thanks for the concern. Bad storm. NJ is crushed, lot of family in rough conditions atm.

Yama has been MIA on the forums lately anyways, as far as posting on it goes. Hope to here from Yama soon.
Log in almost daily, no worries. Just haven't posted much due to a rough couple of week. Lost a family member prior to this storm, it's been never ending. Things however are looking up, can't complain.
by Yama
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sister Site Project Zwei Releases

http://i.imgur.com/b2BoI.png

I'm proud to announce the release of ProjectZwei.net , a one stop resource for any and all Project Zwei information and news. I encourage everyone to partake in this new community and follow what is sure to be a genuinely unique title from its infancy.

Project Zwei (tentative title) is a game created by Tango Gameworks and will be published by Bethesda Softworks. Shinji Mikami is directing the project and has stated that the game will be a true survival horror experience. Even more interesting is the fact that it'll be the last game he directs. Mikami-san is know through out the industry as the father of survival horror, a genre that is loosing it's footing in a market otherwise crowded by mainstream appeal titles. Mikami-san has directed titles such as Biohazard, Biohazard Rebirth, Biohazard 4 and Dino Crisis. His latest title Vanquish was centered around the action genre though was received well across the board.

Equally as interesting, the lead CGI artist from Biohazard Rebirth's environments will be acting as lead environment artist of this project. Rebirth is widely considered one of the most atmospheric titles of all time. All things considered, Project Zwei looks to be a stand out title in every regard. While no platform has been set, it is said to be arriving in the later portion of 2013.
by Yama
Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Sounds like a pretty unenthralling launch, both hardware and game wise.

Bring me back to 9/9/99.
by Yama
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/news/ryo.png

Despite Ryo Hazuki not originally reprising his role in the sequel to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Sumo Digital and Sega have offered a challenge for members of the community to include characters they so choose. Taken directly from the official forums, Sumo has said the following:

"I'll set you a challenge. Without any policing from the SUMO or SEGA crew, if you can all agree on three characters by the 1st of December and prove there is sufficient interest of at least 1000 unique people *per* character, I will present the result to SEGA."

Within the post it is made obvious that there is no declaration to include any of the given characters, however the results will be shared. The characters would most likely have an edge opposed to others as far as being included as downloadable content.

To vote, click here . The deadline is December 1st, 2012.

Original Thread | Tip: RyoFanGirl
by Yama
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

I'd rather see Terry of Yokosuka, cause you know... he means what he says.
by Yama
Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I quite honestly don't relate the hype over Ryo in this game directly to Shenmue III Peter, it's a stretch to say the least.

For one, the novelty of it all has already been had in the first game, so it's hardly a groundbreaking appearance and instead more of the same. Second, the game itself is not garnering any massive hype, so Ryo's inclusion in such a title is hardly pertinent. Lastly, if there were a legitimate petition with any type of official backing in regards to Shenmue III, you can be sure you'd have hundreds of times more support.

While your view point on why this may matter for the series is somewhat valid, the majority doesn't see it that way hence why the backing you're hoping for is simply not there. In fact, I think most are turned off at this point begging and pleading for anything Shenmue, it feels somewhat demeaning. It's especially hurtful when it isn't even directly tied to the series, but a racing game and simply DLC at that.

All I'm saying is worry not, it's not as serious as it seems. The hype is just not there, in no way does that describe the potential hype that would in fact be there for Shenmue III or the like.
by Yama
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's a link to your story: http://n4g.com/news/1124293/help-shenmu ... er-day/pen

Anyone with approved N4G status do approve this submission. It needs ten to be published.
by Yama
Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: seem to remember a certain someone getting a Japanese copy of a certain blue critter.

Making me relive that is ban worthy. :lol:

Like you said, similar to the PS3 it's more or less a hardware launch. The technology seems solid at the very least, bugs aside.
by Yama
Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Anime

I'll say this much, if Shenmue III never gets to see the light of day, I'd take the story in just about any way possible and anime wouldn't be last on the list.
by Yama
Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I just started playing Yakuza 3 last night. Man I forgot how much I loved these games. I didn't have a PS3 for the longest time so I just had to sit after playing Yakuza 2 all those years ago. The game looks great too. It's cool to see Okinawa. :P
You're going to love Yakuza 4 then, I've never seen the series look so good or feel as immersive. Well, until the fifth installment anyway.
by Yama
Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di-sama wrote: Even if he doesn't make DLC, he won the contest and we've made our point.

Though the former is unjust, I completely agree with this point. The bigger task at hand has been completed, raising awareness. I'm also happy to see the communities unify on this effort, that's how it should always be.
by Yama
Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo Hosting Upgrade + Happy Holidays!

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/news/happy.jpg

We're happy to bring a small present of our own for the holiday season, in that we've moved on to an upgraded server hence no more down or lag time.

"Your website will be migrated to one of our newest and highest performance servers with the maximum amount of available resources."

As most of you are aware, regular members and lurkers alike, Shenmue Dojo is hosted in an ad free environment. To do this however is not cheap and leaves the owner to pay any and all fees out of pocket.

This past billing cycle was paid for completely by the members, as promised. However due to the account changes, our new billing cycle will be starting the first of the new year, less than a month away. Any and all donations go towards the health of our website and towards any future projects that may occur within the community. If you don't know how to donate, click here to find out how.

Users who donate, as always, will be awarded special account privileges. Those who donate in excess of $50 will receive something special on our end, but please, only donate as you see fit within your budget. We thank our members for making this community what it is today, to both those that can and can not donate. Your knowledge and presence means more than anything.

Happy Holidays from the Shenmue Dojo!
by Yama
Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Its almost Christmas/Hanukkah = Time For Replay

Axm wrote:I will be playing 1 and 2 starting on the 22nd. \:D/

I can't help but feel we need to do this in a party while sippin' on ramen. Down?
by Yama
Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting Upgrade + Happy Holidays!

oh wow, haven't logged in in ages.

I'm not going to be donating cause the site interface is very bad.
I never liked the upgrade to begin with, the previous site was aesthetically better looking and easier to navigate.

Revert back to the previous interface, or design a better one and hopefully you'll attract more viewers and new people willing to donate.

***thinks silently before hitting the submit button***
Oh boy, this post it making me look like an ass****, and a troll.
Best donate a little money to feel less like an asshole, after all the dojo is the best place for Shenmue period.
The site interface wasn't changed, that's the only "problem" I can see. The overall presentation of the main page was. Without any Shenmue news, it simply wasn't worth changing hundreds and hundreds of pages, especially at the time with so many other things to do. It may still be in the works one day, though.

But seriously, if you think the visual aspect of the first site's main page which looked like an angel fire template was better than the custom design we now have, I'm going to refund that donation (that you'd never make anyway) and put it towards a fund to help cure your blindness. Preference is one thing, but that's just ridiculous. Consider yourself alone, even those who hate change around here were thankful for the overall design upgrade.

http://i.imgur.com/AtaA2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fl4sr.jpg

Revert back to the previous interface, or design a better one and hopefully you'll attract more viewers and new people willing to donate.

You do know traffic was literally fifteen times higher after the redesign, right? Look at the web analytics and kindly shut up about things you obviously know nothing about.
by Yama
Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez the guy just doesn't like the site design no need to all gang up on him.
It's pretty classless to post in a donation thread and say you won't donate due to legitimate effort being put into the place, but you would if it was left to rot in hell. I'd usually agree with your notion, but if you take a second glance he asked for it.
by Yama
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yama sent me a PM. It's not the first time he has PM'd me for support.[/color]

I think just a simple sorry you don't like it but we've had more positive feedback then negative would have been fine.
As in fill him in on some of the changes, maybe he'd want to hear it from a member rather than an administrator. Again, that's far from ganging up, instead helpful.

On a site where everyone loves to curse like sailors and throw around jabs, you'd think as an admin you'd support me in debunking an obvious false claim as to why someone wouldn't donate. Donating towards regression instead of progression is as brainless as it sounds, simply put.

I too can defend myself, despite being tame in manner. After all, I'd say I earned that much. You yourself were one to judge early and recant most of it later on, remember. Why? Because I was level headed with you and in return you gave the entire movement a chance. Look how it turned out. He was doing just the same, only in a more demeaning manner without an open mind, thus it deserved the reply it received.

Thanks to Mits and the rest of the lot for getting it. You're spot on in what you said. Most of all, happy holidays to everyone.
by Yama
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

That literally made me laugh.
by Yama
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watch my boy Jacko on stream, playing VF with some great people from the east coast. Why am I linking this? Cause he's using a custom Sarah that is made to look like Joy, it's spot on.

http://www.twitch.tv/nyc_vf
by Yama
Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" one more time and I'll retract everything I posted, replacing it with vile hatred-filled slander against you.

This was written in place of my failed attempt at finding a YouTube video of the relevant American Dad episode.
Don't worry, I'll say Merry Christmas on or around Christmas. I'm all about it. :heart:
by Yama
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and hope you have a wonderful day with your families and loved ones.
by Yama
Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whoever has it throw me some adds. YamaMX
by Yama
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Soul Hackers is my favorite game in the series next to Persona 2 Tsumi, beyond hype for this. It'll be my first experience playing it in my native tongue without bothersome guides and such.
by Yama
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

Revelations officially announced for PS3, 360, Wii U, PC!

http://www.biohaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7447

Really looking forward to playing this on the Wii U myself.
by Yama
Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New PM Features

I just wanted to let everyone know that due to the donations received and our hosting upgrade, I've been able to enhance our PM features.

⋅ Users are now able to include attachments in PM's by uploading files to Shenmue Dojo.
⋅ Users PM boxes are now unlimited, the 250 limit has been changed to no limit.

Hope this makes life a little easier around the Dojo. Enjoy!
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please welcome our newest moderator...

Wude!

Admittedly the community has been quite tame as of late and has seemed to come into it's own once again. Despite that, having a team that works collectively is key. Due to some previous drops from months ago and time zone differences, we've discussed adding a couple of new moderators.

With that said, we're confident Wude will do a great job. There are more potential additions on the horizon, no eta as of yet though.
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PM Features

DMC3 Dante, hell yeah. Jump cancels for life.
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so I felt like playing some jet set radio and find out that somehow my paid copy has been reversed back to trial version somehow, anyone know how to fix this? I know I could just download the activation key again but I'm only allowed 2 downloads and would like to keep it in case if my ps3 breaks or something
Is it two downloads? I'm pretty sure that's two accounts , not two downloads. You should be able to download something as much as you'd like as long as you paid for it.
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bug Reports

Fishing Rod knows about the problem and is working on a fix. He da man.
by Yama
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

That mock up looks like a piece of the agrocrag from nickelodeon guts.
by Yama
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pheonix Skin

This reply made me want to finish this project, I honestly had so much IRL work I put it on the back burner and forgot all about it.
by Yama
Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Ryudo wrote:Really liked PGR on Xbox. Not played the series since 2. I aways liked some realistic games to look at backdrops esp in the 90's when 3D visuals were still young. Still prefer more arcade racers.

PGR is a day one system seller for me. PGR2 is still my favorite racer of all time.
by Yama
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Microsoft's regional exclusivity deal

If Shenmue was released on the PlayStation 2, we'd have already seen the series properly conclude.
by Yama
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japans oldest gaming room and probably cheapest dorm

It was a clean and orderly dorm...

Then Mario Kart 64 came out. /friendships /life
by Yama
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Automotive Discussion

LOOKS like it should be fast, but it's going at less than walking speed over the speed bumps
Because a bone stock F40 isn't fast, or it should be able to fly over speed bumps? This statement infers one of these must be true when in fact neither are. If you see where I'm going with this, ride height has nothing to do with whether a car is or isn't fast. Most high performance vehicles crawl over speed bumps or avoid them all together, not because they lack any sort of formidable performance, but because they are out of element and not intended for such trash roads. At the end of the day it's still a vehicle and to arrive at a destination with preferable terrain, you'll sometimes need to go through unfavorable conditions. Perhaps next time you're behind one of these cars, given it isn't some cut springs shit grocery getter, you'll think of it this way. If it is the former however, you're absolutely correct.

Honestly though, when it comes to motors and engines in vehicles, we are still using pretty dated technology. I am surprised they havent found a whole other way to accelerate our vehicles, the real reason is because of gas. Gas keeps the whole auto industry on lock because they make too much money of gas and im sure gas companies are paying car companies to keep making their cars use gas. Whats so bad there is tech about right now that could not only take away our plunging of the earth and sucking it dry (super electric cars, that are actually FAST), but also tech that would allow us to take to the air to get around (flying cars have been in development for a while actually) Luckily hope seems to be on our side because there are cars in development and even out right now that use no gas at all, they really suck and its the first batch of technology that will hopefully one day flourish, but its something.

Yeah, I can definitely see electric becoming a formidable power plant someday. Just going by my R/C hobby alone, the progression has been incredible. Electric used to be laughable in comparison to nitro gas powered, though with the new brushless motors they are outperforming gas in almost every case. Similar power curves (and in some cases more powerful) with a wildly lighter chassis makes for great things. It's only a matter of time.
by Yama
Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, Peter's not crazy. While he may not have went about it in his usual manner, he put it out there without any filtering which I can respect. Ryudo, you do try to paint a lovely picture which is a way to mentally cope with your past wrong doings. I will say that you've stabilize to some degree and we can all appreciate that, though it doesn't change anything.

For the record, painting the picture of stepping down is just wrong and you know it. Let's be honest about what happened here. You de-modded yourself before I could see the tirade and hit the button. This was done to imitate some form of choice, but there actually was none. You didn't step down, you were demoted and rightfully so. You'll never have the option to return as staff, ever.

As for trying too hard to gain respect, it's not something that Peter is making up. I've heard it from upwards of ten or so members. You've done this since your tirade to come off as a changed person, such as flaunting donations, "good" choices, etc. I hope you have changed, but for yourself and nobody else.

Some of your posts are border line de-railing, substantially written or not. Various members (mainly thread authors) have soft-reported your posts to me, though honestly I hadn't the chance to go through them all until now. You post in just about every topic for the sake of posting, even with little to nothing to add to the central conversation. That's not said to demerit your legitimate postings, as there are many of them. Do take notice of this though, quality > quantity. It was in the TOS after all.

Lastly, your actions were putrid and you hurt us as a community. That wasn't a fun time and I'm still wondering why I was put through the unnecessary stresses of it all. You were let back on a single strike rule (something no other admin or moderation team would have let happen), so that is on us. It was your passion for the website as a whole that allowed this along with your seemingly legitimate sorrow coupled with the willingness to change. Looking at it from your perspective, there isn't much more you can do and I wouldn't want you to beat yourself up over it.

What Peter is trying to get across is that you constantly bring up the past and paint it in a very different way. You own up to what you want to, sugar coating the rest. Nobody wants you to bring it up in a negative light to constantly beat yourself up over it either. Instead, I think the community as a whole and especially the staff want to see some genuine acceptance towards your previous actions, with the ability to look one hundred percent forward without referencing to or manipulating the past in any way. In fact, that was part of the deal in letting you back on the single strike rule that you currently abide by.

Try to see it as so. He doesn't hate your soul, he simply wants what is fair to be fair. If you are able to bend the rules, why shouldn't other members? Keep this in mind, it's not for the sake of our ourselves but your own willingness to move on.
by Yama
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo, it was warranted in that I have two members constantly butting heads, one being a staff member and I'd like to clarify it all once and for all. The same thing you asked me to do for you dozens of times in the past. Believe me, I don't waste a second through out my day thinking of such things, nor do I want to sit here and post about it. I do however want to keep the peace in this community as I do care about it as a whole.

The moral of it all was to accept the past and move on without referencing it every step of the way. That is actually a very positive message being conveyed and one that I'm sure you can agree with.
by Yama
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

I love me some FFVI, but it's the new FFVII in regards to over praise. Well, maybe not entirely, both titles after all deserve their respective praise. Though I feel FFV is overlooked and is so incredibly amazing. Always have a soft spot for it.
by Yama
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Sleep. After 40hrs without any, it felt damn good.
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure a lot of racists raped their victims before they killed them. Must be love.
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic