Search found 512 matches

Return

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Since AXM made me sign up back in the day, damn time flies...
by Yama
Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil VII

Completed my first playthrough today and I'm very happy with it. I'll keep it short and sweet. It's a fun game and most of all a solid Biohazard, something I haven't said in a while.

I played mainly via PSVR and also via PS4Pro at 4K/HDR. It's nice to see Biohazard pushing technical boundaries once again, the RE Engine looks stunning and performs flawlessly at 60fps. The sense of immersion in VR is a first of it's kind, at times so good it's uncomfortable. I found the entire experience to be extremely natural. For example if I was hiding behind a corner while not in VR, I'd side step and take a peek, thus leaving the character vulnerable. In VR however, I'd remain behind the corner but simply stick my head out a bit to take a look, just as you would in a real life situation. This extra sense of immersion tops off an already well crafted atmosphere that stands tall on it's own.

The atmosphere, layout, inventory management, combat, files, puzzles and flow of the game all closely resemble classic Biohazard. Enemy flow however seems a bit different at first, mainly because there isn't a low tier enemy type (zombie) filling the area. Molded are a higher tier (and range between types), though do become the games default enemy over time. This fresh take shakes up the flow a bit, though still stays true to the classic formula.

Biohazard once pushed the envelope with pre-rendered, then OTS and now VR/FP. While this may be the series biggest departure yet, it's also the most familiar entry in a decade. Going first person wasn't a cop out, it was a venture into the VR space and therefore the future. At it's core however, this is a classic title in the same vein as Rebirth or Zero. It's a lot of what we wanted, a little bit of what the series needed and a damn fine soft boot.
by Yama
Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Kiske wrote:

By far my favorite grab of the bunch. This of all the images makes it so incredibly real that Shenmue III is coming and is true to form.
by Yama
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: June 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

Great work as always. This couldn't be more important with E-3 around the corner, industry sonar is always at a high this time of year.
by Yama
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Donors Please Read

All of the donors have been added.

Added 2017-2018 category. Nice and gold, which is something hopefully Shenmue III will be soon.
by Yama
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Donors Please Read

Nankeiro wrote: And... what happened with me, Yama?

You weren't under the pending, but I manually added you now. You're good to go!
by Yama
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Persona ish games?

Here's a simple one... Persona. You listed 4 and 5 but failed to play arguably the best in the series, P2 Tsumi and Batsu. You're welcome, trust me.

P3 is also a gem, as is Soul Hackers.
by Yama
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Realistically it was just a matter of time, I'm happy they got it out of the way now to alleviate any questions bound to come up around E-3. What they're accomplishing with a team of their size is actually quite remarkable and there are so many bright spots to come from the past year of progress. All we can ask for is the best capable product from the team at hand and if more time is necessary, then so be it. I fully trust in Yu-san's vision. I know it sounds cliche at this point, but what's another year with the amount of time we've already waited? Though some are bound to be more cynical, the magic of the announcement never has and never will wear off for me. As a community we are incredibly fortunate. We all want what's best for the series, whatever you may or may not believe that to be, more time being devoted to the project is a good thing. 2018 will be an exciting time for us Shenmue fans.
by Yama
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona ish games?

Persona 2 (both Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment) have probably my favourite RPG soundtrack next to Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.

To add on to my original statement, I second this whole heartedly. Just as good would be the art direction. The character designs are some of the more unique I've seen to date, with a style all it's own void of any typical anime influence. This game seriously made a lasting impression on me.

I don't know about Persona 3 being that depressing. Depressing things happen, but it's balanced out with the light stuff. It was the one that brought that whole lighthearted high school social aspect to the games after all. If you liked Persona 4, I don't see why you wouldn't like Persona 3.

Agreed. I think the tone is equally as dark and light as P4. I much preferred the settings and design though.
by Yama
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Snowflake is like the lamest excuse for a insult ever. I don't know how that became a thing but it's about as insulting as calling a white guy a cracker. Gee golly such a insult..ruined someones day with that one. :lol:

Why so much hostility in these KS updates? :???:
Also again I ask.

Can we please stay on topic? Post with relevant discussion only please.
by Yama
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it possible to get a notification when quoted?

No on this system. If we make the switch we're contemplating however, you'll be notified of everything like modern social media.
by Yama
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Fantastic update all around, couldn't be happier.

For one the logo is perfect. Nothing more to add, but yes it's the simple things.

The art continues to amaze, so iconic. How it transitions into actual character models (final build) will be interesting to see.

Gamescom. Yes! Smaller venue, less media pressure, fitting for a title with a budget as such and more to reveal sooner. Let's set the tone for a Shenmue filled end of the year leading into a jam packed 2018. I expect presence at the bigger shows when we have a near final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

I'm down to analyze later, but for now, I just want to rejoice. That cave scene alone was a box of pent up emotions just ready to explode, words can not describe the feeling. Everything to follow was an immediate bonus. This is why anyone who has seen has kept the faith and now everyone else should as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Those faces are bad. I only watched it once but there seemed to be no emotion at all. I don't recall seeing anger, sadness or happiness at any point which makes me realise that Sonic in the Mega Drive/Genesis games is more expressive.

But the facial animations haven't been included yet, so why are you even discussing the lack of them? #-o
by Yama
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any reason why ShenmueDojo has been removed from Tapatal

Should be working fine, the other sites I host still are. Was working okay for me up until a few days ago, it's still configured. Looking into it as it's also my primary way to use the forums.
by Yama
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and wh

I'll financially support both of course, though my first play through will likely be PC as I've recently built one and would like the best possible performance experience on my first play through. There will be something said for playing on a home console though, magical for the lack of a better word.
by Yama
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Dojo

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Dojo will be moving forward starting today and into new hands. Congratulations to Peter, a dedicated member willing to put Shenmue first at all costs. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have 110% faith and comfort in this decision. I'll remain an administrator and contribute more freely going forward, however he will be leading the overall project from here on out.

I want to be clear when I say in no way is the original vision from when I took over Shenmue Dojo changing, but instead being built upon. There's no brighter time to do so than now. When I originally took the site over, Shenmue was in a dark place but I pushed to make the site Shenmue centric again in hopes of the series regaining relevance. I believe that challenge was achieved, however now with Shenmue at the literal forefront thanks to Shenmue III, it's time for the site to move forward along with the series.

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to be clear on why I'm doing this. In no way is it a lack of passion, my heart has always been with Shenmue and still is. I've since however created my own business that has consumed every second of my time and then some, so while that goal was achieved and I'm thankful for it, I believe Shenmue Dojo deserves more time than I'm able to dedicate. It's with a heavy heart I'm doing this, but the passion Peter has shown for the project filled it with joy and excitement.

Over the past year or so I did work on a new site. The idea was to be a mobile first, responsive site and bring things up to date with a central focus on community, social integrations and the like.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

With a site as historic as Shenmue Dojo, it's tough to pull the trigger on anything quickly or without heavy consideration. While this will likely just end up as inspiration or a base for the future project at this point, I fully support Peter and the rest of our teams ideas going forward. Having so many working iterations to brainstorm with, the future will only benefit from it and with Shenmue III nearing, it'll be perfect timing.

I ask that everyone approaches the new leadership with respect and the willingness to think outside of the box. Please trust that the entire team, not just myself or Peter, is leading with our heart and has the best interest of Shenmue at the forefront of our minds every step of the way.

Thank you for all of the support over the years, I really do love and cherish the relationships I've built here.

Take care.
Yama
by Yama
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which version will you play first?

PS4, it just feels so unthinkable and real. Want to play with all of the consoles familiar and cozy features. I'll play on my gaming rig to follow.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Perfect price. I was expecting $40, this is a steal.

punkmanced wrote: That means $23.99 if you live in the US and have a Best Buy gamers' club discount.
Awesome deal.

That I do. Time to empty out the store if they're on shelves for too long lol.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Those screens look fantastic. It's nice to see a sharp and redone UI as well, that always goes a long way.

As for the confusion between remaster, remake, etc. I'm also seeing that a lot. It's pretty simple really:

Port - 1:1 with the main goal being as close to the original as possible.
Remaster - Original assets with improvements.
Remake - New game from the ground up, re-introducing the original concept.

This is indeed a Remaster .
by Yama
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

First, I'll increase Ryo's health bar by increasing the contrast and making the "yellow status" more vibrant.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

EDIT: I forgot about Ryo's watch. I would just add a metallic texture to give it more life-like instead of the very plane image they have now. It seems like a a downgrade from the original Shenmue's watch.

https://image.ibb.co/dcvNXS/Shenmue_I_and_II_2018_04_13_18_007_copy_copy.jpg

I'm happy to see an actual high res HUD, I see no issue with it. I've seen plenty of remasters reuse original assets and upscale poorly. The trailer is also a WIP. This is nitpicking at it's finest, we really don't need this here.
by Yama
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Critical Reception (Reviews)

Remaster reviews are so hot and cold. Some review the game as if it's just releasing now, others as if it's yesteryear and some review the port work itself. It really doesn't matter, but hopefully they speak on the series worth and charm.
by Yama
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Isn’t it a little early to be “concerned?” I’m not fluffing off any actual critique of the game and fully understand while a WIP what they’ve shown is still indicative of something. But still, it is just that; a WIP. Less than 12hrs after the announcement and users are “worried.” I’m sorry, but can’t anyone just rejoice for a moment? This is a series that was lucky to get a manga adaption 5 years ago, let alone re-releases and a sequel. Just kind of disappointed to see some members tone around the re-releases. I respect everyone’s opinions, especially those with as many contributions as OP, but I stand by my message.
by Yama
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

My guess was September-December with Shenmue III to follow sometime second or third quarter 2019.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

James Brown wrote: Not the biggest article that I was expecting, but there's a smallish blurb in the latest issue of the Official Playstation UK Magazine -

It's so good to see Shenmue in modern day print again. That one definitely hit me looking at it.
by Yama
Sat May 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Never expected it to release this year, at this point it felt like an antiquated target date that was obviously not going to be met. Better to get the announcement out of the way now so we can rejoice to an HD release date sooner than later. HD this year, S3 next year. It's a perfect scenario. S3 deserves all the polish and development it can get.
by Yama
Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Yama
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to topic