Search found 512 matches

Return

Re: Any reason why ShenmueDojo has been removed from Tapatal

Should be working fine, the other sites I host still are. Was working okay for me up until a few days ago, it's still configured. Looking into it as it's also my primary way to use the forums.
by Yama
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you getting the PC version or the PS4 version and wh

I'll financially support both of course, though my first play through will likely be PC as I've recently built one and would like the best possible performance experience on my first play through. There will be something said for playing on a home console though, magical for the lack of a better word.
by Yama
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Dojo

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Dojo will be moving forward starting today and into new hands. Congratulations to Peter, a dedicated member willing to put Shenmue first at all costs. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have 110% faith and comfort in this decision. I'll remain an administrator and contribute more freely going forward, however he will be leading the overall project from here on out.

I want to be clear when I say in no way is the original vision from when I took over Shenmue Dojo changing, but instead being built upon. There's no brighter time to do so than now. When I originally took the site over, Shenmue was in a dark place but I pushed to make the site Shenmue centric again in hopes of the series regaining relevance. I believe that challenge was achieved, however now with Shenmue at the literal forefront thanks to Shenmue III, it's time for the site to move forward along with the series.

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to be clear on why I'm doing this. In no way is it a lack of passion, my heart has always been with Shenmue and still is. I've since however created my own business that has consumed every second of my time and then some, so while that goal was achieved and I'm thankful for it, I believe Shenmue Dojo deserves more time than I'm able to dedicate. It's with a heavy heart I'm doing this, but the passion Peter has shown for the project filled it with joy and excitement.

Over the past year or so I did work on a new site. The idea was to be a mobile first, responsive site and bring things up to date with a central focus on community, social integrations and the like.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

With a site as historic as Shenmue Dojo, it's tough to pull the trigger on anything quickly or without heavy consideration. While this will likely just end up as inspiration or a base for the future project at this point, I fully support Peter and the rest of our teams ideas going forward. Having so many working iterations to brainstorm with, the future will only benefit from it and with Shenmue III nearing, it'll be perfect timing.

I ask that everyone approaches the new leadership with respect and the willingness to think outside of the box. Please trust that the entire team, not just myself or Peter, is leading with our heart and has the best interest of Shenmue at the forefront of our minds every step of the way.

Thank you for all of the support over the years, I really do love and cherish the relationships I've built here.

Take care.
Yama
by Yama
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which version will you play first?

PS4, it just feels so unthinkable and real. Want to play with all of the consoles familiar and cozy features. I'll play on my gaming rig to follow.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Perfect price. I was expecting $40, this is a steal.

punkmanced wrote: That means $23.99 if you live in the US and have a Best Buy gamers' club discount.
Awesome deal.

That I do. Time to empty out the store if they're on shelves for too long lol.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Those screens look fantastic. It's nice to see a sharp and redone UI as well, that always goes a long way.

As for the confusion between remaster, remake, etc. I'm also seeing that a lot. It's pretty simple really:

Port - 1:1 with the main goal being as close to the original as possible.
Remaster - Original assets with improvements.
Remake - New game from the ground up, re-introducing the original concept.

This is indeed a Remaster .
by Yama
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

First, I'll increase Ryo's health bar by increasing the contrast and making the "yellow status" more vibrant.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

EDIT: I forgot about Ryo's watch. I would just add a metallic texture to give it more life-like instead of the very plane image they have now. It seems like a a downgrade from the original Shenmue's watch.

https://image.ibb.co/dcvNXS/Shenmue_I_and_II_2018_04_13_18_007_copy_copy.jpg

I'm happy to see an actual high res HUD, I see no issue with it. I've seen plenty of remasters reuse original assets and upscale poorly. The trailer is also a WIP. This is nitpicking at it's finest, we really don't need this here.
by Yama
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Critical Reception (Reviews)

Remaster reviews are so hot and cold. Some review the game as if it's just releasing now, others as if it's yesteryear and some review the port work itself. It really doesn't matter, but hopefully they speak on the series worth and charm.
by Yama
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Isn’t it a little early to be “concerned?” I’m not fluffing off any actual critique of the game and fully understand while a WIP what they’ve shown is still indicative of something. But still, it is just that; a WIP. Less than 12hrs after the announcement and users are “worried.” I’m sorry, but can’t anyone just rejoice for a moment? This is a series that was lucky to get a manga adaption 5 years ago, let alone re-releases and a sequel. Just kind of disappointed to see some members tone around the re-releases. I respect everyone’s opinions, especially those with as many contributions as OP, but I stand by my message.
by Yama
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

My guess was September-December with Shenmue III to follow sometime second or third quarter 2019.
by Yama
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

James Brown wrote: Not the biggest article that I was expecting, but there's a smallish blurb in the latest issue of the Official Playstation UK Magazine -

It's so good to see Shenmue in modern day print again. That one definitely hit me looking at it.
by Yama
Sat May 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Never expected it to release this year, at this point it felt like an antiquated target date that was obviously not going to be met. Better to get the announcement out of the way now so we can rejoice to an HD release date sooner than later. HD this year, S3 next year. It's a perfect scenario. S3 deserves all the polish and development it can get.
by Yama
Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Yama
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to topic