Search found 121 matches

Return

Re: Sign this Petition for a better America

http://i.imgur.com/KdXGPcq.jpg

New "more hip" is the kinda dumb corp BS that ruins things
http://i.imgur.com/jCCr2fi.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9SyQEIQ.jpg
^ Let's avoid the "more hip" crap. That's making things worse and they are bad enough already :P
by Bluecast
Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sign this Petition for a better America

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEjVpgLkeFg[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 'MERICA some towns want gun ownership mandatory

We need mandatory guns so people can protect themselves against all the other people mandated to get a gun.
by Sonikku
Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Remy Lacroix hula hooping....(probably NSFW)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0ddef74eee2d59098a403e560bc84a72/tumblr_miwrqwWf3O1r1ky5qo1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/abe9358cbfbbfc70df53a394e25a20c8/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio4_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/a834d6256a124ed9264fba770ec3807a/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio2_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/12ce4edef10aa161dae4980189590564/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio6_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/f45ca7247564ab58e1d0cdc52c27c7da/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio1_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/b4cd6ab3e036941f7617917fba7f7445/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio5_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/5ab152a50dd703ed6541ca11dc2d6018/tumblr_miqb7jusWx1qdleaio3_250.gif
by Brothaman
Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6cBKE3WzQ[/youtube]
by beedle
Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Went fishing for the first time since I was little.Had a great time! :D

For some reason I read that as "Went fisting for the first time...". :cry: :oops:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Automotive Discussion

LOOKS like it should be fast, but it's going at less than walking speed over the speed bumps
Because a bone stock F40 isn't fast, or it should be able to fly over speed bumps? This statement infers one of these must be true when in fact neither are. If you see where I'm going with this, ride height has nothing to do with whether a car is or isn't fast. Most high performance vehicles crawl over speed bumps or avoid them all together, not because they lack any sort of formidable performance, but because they are out of element and not intended for such trash roads. At the end of the day it's still a vehicle and to arrive at a destination with preferable terrain, you'll sometimes need to go through unfavorable conditions. Perhaps next time you're behind one of these cars, given it isn't some cut springs shit grocery getter, you'll think of it this way. If it is the former however, you're absolutely correct.

This is answered in the post before yours. I think WAY too much was made of my "fast" comment. ;-)
That said, it is annoying and borderline unacceptable no matter WHAT car is driving too slow over the bumps. I can personally attest that the R33 GTR driver I mentioned before certainly did not like it when his "fast" car that he was driving slowly over bumps got overtaken by French cars. [-X :lol: His own fault for pansy-ing it about though.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead-AMC

Didn't realize you made this thread Ryudo. Anyone who knows me knows that TWD comic is more or less my favorite series of any medium. I take the show as homage to the comic, nothing more.

Anyhow, here's my take on the finale: Mediocre to poor. Most of what occurred could have and should have happened mid-season. Too many filmography cliches to even take seriously, mainly Andrea's scene. I'll start with the good and work my way to the bad.

[Spoilers Incoming]

On the positive side of things, the Governor finally solidified himself as a formidable villain. No longer did he seem like a schizophrenic politician, but instead a cold blooded psychopath. It's nice to see Tyreese understand the severity of what is going on, finally. One point I like, to an extent, is that the series is different enough from it's source material that I can't imagine what is coming next.

As for the poor side of things. Everything mentioned in regards to positive factors should have happened already, it felt stretched instead of fleshed. The ending wasn't conclusive nor a cliff hanger, instead it felt more like limbo. That is the absolute worst thing to do before an extended break in programming. This seems to be a series trend from the second season onward. Mind you, I didn't hate the search for Sophia but let's put things into perspective. With Frank Darabont on board, we had an amazing six episode season one. It was riveting and even featured welcomed plot additions such as TS-19. The following six episodes without Frank had us looking for Sophia, nothing more. This is the difference in quality and we've been seeing a lot more of the latter than the former. Granted season three was much improved, but the improvements were almost all direct rips from the source material, any new additions almost entirely flopped.

The death of Andrea wasn't even shocking, it was necessary. The writing almost force fed this event. It's a shame it happened when she finally came to her senses. The end result is viewers dealing with a dunce for an entire season and seeing the death of a suddenly meaningful character. More or less, we never were able to experience Andrea as intended, entirely in part to poor writing.

Straying from the source material to make improvements and change up scenarios is a great thing, it keeps us all alert and interested. Butchering the material and literally slaughtering some of the most memorable moments however is despicable. Instead of countless dramatic events unfolding, group chaos and the feverish battle to find refuge... we received a bus of elderly people, more neutered prison and The Governor roaming about begging to be milked just a bit more.

Seriously speaking here, despite it's flaws I still love the show simply because of what it's based on. That said, I take it as homage which is what it is. I will however say this is the episode that completely confirmed it's worth in comparison to the long lasting comic. Preference aside, a certain degree of quality can be accurately depicted and properly judged. Thanks entirely in part to some lackluster writing, I can honestly say the show doesn't reach the same level of quality as the comic. At this point in both series, it's amazing just how much more has happened at a tangible pace in the comic. There is build up and then there is dragging a plot point in the mud, the show has done the latter and the upcoming break from programming is not going to help that notion.

With all of that said, I'll be there in October full of anticipation because there is still so much good in the series to be had. I'm actually very excited to see where they're going with it, seeing as the finale strayed so much from the source material, for better or worse. However I will say, it's easy to forgive the TV series whilst being continually impressed by the comic nearly every month.
by Yama
Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

This is nice compared to how people are normally welcomed on forums..

phpBB [video]

That is at least how old members get welcomed back. :P
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC TV Series)

But it's not disliked for being different than the graphic novel, it's disliked for being levels upon levels upon levels lesser as far as quality.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Ok buddy lol I dont want to get into it with you Teepo as its a fruitless waste of time, but you cant argue conspiracy theory with actual facts. A country with laws to protect citizens, freedom of speech, religion and true freedom to travel vs a country with a supreme dictator who uses mind control with supression and idolization force fed to them from birth is no comparison. And any North Koreans traveling abroad are going to be the social elite sent by the government under strict supervission.
But you already know this. You just want to troll what is obviously a sensative topic on human rights and politics. Fun man but kinda pointless. The whole of the world who isnt ignorant or a bigot agrees NK is a modern day hell hole. But go on man lets hear another one on how great NK is.
by Axm
Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: 747 crash

Well, you should. Dumbass.
by TwiceFriedRice
Fri May 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Gun laws vary from state to state. Some gun laws are extremely strict while others are fairly weak. Why are there more strict in some states than others? I would say due to the amount of gun related crimes, and the overall political view of the state. This is a democracy, after all. The popular opinion is the one that should come out on top.

Thing is, there is a point where gun laws can get too strict. What if the government gets so corrupt that a militia does need to go against their government? I am sure when I said "this is a democracy" in my previous paragraph at least one person thought "Yea, right... maybe if our votes actually mattered." or something along those lines. We do vote for who we want to place in office, but it is no secret that this is not a perfect system. If the system gets out of whack enough, we will still need to have the ability to be able to rise against the government and protect ourselves from tyranny.

This demonstration is a direct representation to see if it is still possible for people to create such a militia. The law says we can, but giving the current popular opinion of the country, is it even possible? The intent of these people are not to overthrow the government (which is, no shit, illegal as hell). In washington DC, a civilian cannot even get a concealed handgun permit if they had good reason to, which I think is kinda bullshit.

I'm aware of why the right to bear arms exists. I get that. I don't necessarily agree with the outdated justification but, along with the reasoning for the protest, I get it. What I don't get is how this will help your position. If you threaten any government with armed revolt - and let's be honest, despite the claims of peaceful protest, it is still a threat - it will respond defensively, regardless of whether it is corrupt, fascist or democratic (see: my earlier point in regards to the October Revolution). This will not loosen gun laws in any way whatsoever, if anything it will do the opposite, giving politicians a reason to enforce them even further.

It is the sort of half-baked idea that one would expect from libertarians; completely idealistic, ill thought out and - at best - achieving absolutely nothing.

Now lets say your scenario does play out where shots are fired and people start dying. What does this mean? First, it means that the people who took part in this march were not "peaceful protesters" and were in fact terrorists with a very elaborate plan. The only reason a government official will fire is if they feel that their or someone else's life is in danger, meaning a participant of this march points their loaded weapon at someone else. That is clear ill intent which means intelligence failed to get a proper background on the organizer of this event. Since this is a march on Washington DC, it is a potential threat to national security so you can bet US intelligence agencies are following this with a close eye. Depending on what they come up with will determine the government's reaction to this event. This is not anything out of left field like 9/11, the Oklahoma bombings, or any other terrorist attack (it is posted on facebook for God's sake) so I expect this event to be handled extremely well. However, if your scenario does play out for whatever reason, that will just prove the government's sheer incompetence in being able to protect their own people, which is a signal that it may be time for a significant change. Not an american revolution change, but still a change.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it is a plan, or that the organisers are terrorists. What I am saying is that you have thousands of potentially angry and rowdy people with loaded guns. These people are not soldiers: they are not drilled, there is no discipline or command structure. This is simply a group of people. There is literally nothing to stop one person acting alone and firing shot at the security that would inevitably turn up. Maybe it would be out of malice, maybe out of nervousness. Either way, out of the number of protesters that are going, you cannot guarantee peoples' behaviour at all. Incidentally, this point once again makes me wonder how much thought was actually put into the protest at all.
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 'I've been kidnapped!'-- cops find 3 women missing for y

^^ Well this goes back to the guns issue again. If these girls were packing do you think the result might have been different?
by Jeff
Wed May 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whoose Line Is It Anyway? Returns

^ No, but a new preview of the show just came out:

phpBB [video]

I'm freaking dying after hearing wayne's j-pop song. damn.
by Rakim
Tue May 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man tries to have sex with Hornets nest. Man dies.

The story's not real, but if it were to happen, I'm sure police would catch him in the act with a sting operation, before taking him to the nearest hospital for more sting operations.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

I'm oddly kind of disappointed about this.
I mean, I'm sure it'll turn out just fine and all. But Atlus finally makes a game involving various characters from a bunch of their games, and it can't just be a standalone Atlus thing... it has to be a crossover with Fire Emblem. A series which I know nothing about and don't honestly have much interest in...
I'd be all for a game simply grouping together various SMT characters (sort of like Tales of the World, Dissidia, or Ys vs. Sora No Kiseki). But pairing the project up with something like Fire Emblem just feels totally random...
Not as bad as pairing Mortal Kombat with DC superheroes, but still pretty random.
I mean, I can understand fans of both being excited. But to me, a fan of only one side of it, it just feels like "Why this ?"
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, and I'm not even saying I have a problem with it necessarily... I just don't understand the pairing at all (gothic cyberpunk post-apocalyptic JRPGs/anime-style medieval fantasy SRPGs... eh?), and kind of wish Atlus would just do something like this solely using the SMT property itself.
by OL
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steubenville rape case Hacker detained by FBI

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Worth a quick giggle.... :lol:

phpBB [video]
by Brothaman
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automotive Discussion

I want this Cadillac for my next pimpmobile.... :shock:

phpBB [video]
by Brothaman
Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Piece

:lol:

Luffy to Skeleton " Do you poop?!"

Skeleton "Yes I poop" that was so random.
by Bluecast
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dredd 2

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/9759/d ... equel.html

They are talking about seriously making one. I hope it happens. The movie was surprisingly great.
by Bluecast
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwegian Woman Raped In Dubai Sentenced To Prison

Bah, fucking idealistic westerners...
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macbook Pro RAM Upgrade

Apple products are designed for rich people.
if you want an upgrade, simply reach into your solid gold safe and buy yourself a new one that's "better".
by mrslig100
Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YAY! SOPA might be coming back

It was an analogy for the Nazis.

And I knew this was something that will have to be fought time after time against. All this is going to ultimately achieve is rioting on a massive scale. You can only do invisible things for so long before people finally realize what's going on. People are already fed up with the government in this country.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With A Snowy/Winter Atmosphere!

Syberia, definitely. I have played the second one, Syberia II. (And just noticed that there will be a third one in 2014 or 2015... a third one...)
by Giorgio
Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Affleck as Batman

Tell me, when you see Ben Affleck in a film, do you think "Hey, who's this character? He's alright"? Or do you think "It's Ben Affleck..."?
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast Worlds

I got my copy from supporting the Indiegogo fund. But you can buy it off Zoya's website right now : http://rupazero.com/
by Ri_oh
Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic