Search found 121 matches

Return

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Soooo tell me whatcha want whatcha really really waaaaAANNNT
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

Right now , I m watching Pokemon is based on Action , Adventure. Mickey Mouse is also my favorite show. I have so many episode which is download on You Tube.com .

I can't help it. I just can't. I don't care if we are not suppose to reply to bots or spammers this has to be quoted and preserved. :lol:
by Spokane
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

What's your favorite Anime ending and opening songs?

I love the first opening to Hunter X Hunter (fav. anime ever!), makes me feel right at home :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAOZn2YwiQ

I love how they mixed it into the show on harmonica. I actually bought a harmonica just so I could learn to play this song :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyBL4ak4GhQ

Second Opening is great too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAflk4baHWE

I also really like the opening and most of the music in general from SDF: Macross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz4c0578_So

I'm so pumped now!
by Thief
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

Man those GameSpy boards sucked..
by Crimson Ryan
Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

Strange memories on this nervous night at the Dojo. Ten years later? Eleven? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. The dojo in the early 2000s was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run… but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant.…

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights—or very early mornings—when I left the dojo half-crazy and, instead of going home, surfing at Ryos place or some random shenmue websites, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the admins, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for some reasonable post)... but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that…

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Shenmue 3 forum, then up the SEGA forum or down General.… You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.…

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.…

So now, less than ten years later, you can go up on a steep hill in the dojo and look back, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5PAVp1t0go[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Horrible Bosses.
I actually liked it a lot. Hard not to with the combination of Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day (probably three of the most likable actors working in comedic movies these days). It's just a dumb-funny comedy, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The movie was made for a laugh, and it did its job.
Also Jennifer Aniston is fucking hot .
Still .
And she spends the whole movie stripping down and talking dirty.
There is nothing bad about this whatsoever .
by OL
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 720p

Right, well there's two things to be said, here.

Reading some forums some people seem to hate their 360/PS3 because it's stuck on 720P. Now being totally new to having HD the top I have seen on my TV is 1080i from Programming. However it was compressed due to being a basic cable. PS3 to me looks great in 720P but again not seen full 1080P yet on this TV. Wii U is native at 1080P and sure all next gen systems will be.

If that's true, your television is not a 1080p set, only a 1080i set. Huge difference. 1080 p refers to 'progressive-scan', whereby the entire screen is refreshed all at one. No alternating lines, no strobing, combing or flickering. Just a whole new image every frame. 1080 i refers to 'interlaced', whereby half of the image is refreshed every frame in alternating lines. So, row 1, row 3, row 5, etc etc. Then on the next frame, the rows of pixels that were not updated in the last frame have their turn.

Interaced video was developed in order to save bandwidth when television was an emergent-technology. This produces the famous 'combing' effect. Now, there are various 'de-interlacing' algorithms about (your set almost certainly has one, Ryudo), but in this day and age they're meant simply to clean up broadcast television, the vast majority of which is broadcasted as interlaced video, and also serve to make some older interlaced DVDs prettier.

You'd be better off setting your TV to 720p, Ryudo. 1080i sounds higher, but really you're only getting half that in every frame. At least with 720p you're getting a pure image, without having to worry about extra processing being done to deinterlace the image, robbing you of valuable response time.

Combing;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Interlaced_video_frame_%28car_wheel%29.jpg

As a matter of technicality, LCD and OLED screens are incapable of displaying true interlaced video. All such televisions convert the image to progressive scan in order to display it. The question is one of processing, and if so, the quality of that processing. No deinterlacing or bad deinterlacing means that you'll still see the combing, it'll just be sent to your eyes as two interlaced, combed frames being sent as one.

Of course, regardless of the quality of processing, there is always artifacting from deinterlacing. Another reasons why 720p would be the better choice for you, Ryudo.

Question is does it bug you that consoles are still 720P?

Nope, and I own a proper 1080p set. There's something crucial here that you must understand in order to make sense of any of this. There's 'native rendering resolution', and 'final scaled resolution'. Now, both 360 and PS3 can upscale any resolution to 1080p. This is why there's always a "Supports 1080p" on the back of every game box. It doesn't mean the games are 1080p, it means that they can scale to that resolution.

For a ballpark figure, most retail/disc games for PS3/360 render natively at or around 720p. In the early days, the PS3 version of the same game would sometimes incur a drop in native resolution (GTA IV on 360 - 720p, on PS3- 640p). This is less the case, now. The point here is that retail games for those consoles almost never render natively at 1080p. I can think of one occasion where a disc game did - Virtua Fighter 5.

Call of Duty is an excellent example. Ever since COD4, it has rendered natively at 600p. Probably the lowest this gen has ever provided in a retail game (and a big reason why it runs at 60fps). So you're playing your 600p game on your console set to 1080p, on your 1080p television. The game leaves the rendering phase producing a 600p image, the console than upscales this image to 1080p. Your television displays it, being none-the-wiser.

Now, it's not quite that simple. The 360 has a dedicated scaling component, whereas the PS3 does not. Some people prefer to set their PS3s to 720p, believing that their television does a better job of scaling. Which they will do, by the way. Your TV scales everything that does not fit it's resolution.

It's still good to have a 1080p set, though. Blu-rays are native to this resolution, and look amazing. Also, while true 1080p 360/PS3 retail games are thin on the ground, the same cannot be said of XBLA/PSN games. Many of the simpler ones or 2D ones are the full-fat 1080p. Even some polygonal ones. WipeOut HD is one of the top of my head. Oh, Tekken 5 Online Edition is 1080p native, as well. Perfect Dark XBLA, the Banjo-Kazooie games from XBLA. The list goes on.

In short, no I'm not bothered that the majority of my games aren't using my television to it's full potential. Why? Because a nicely upscaled 600p still looks way better than a blurry 480i, if you ask me. A large chunk of my PS3/360 stuff (when taking the downloadable games into account) does in fact render natively at 1080p, and so I'm glad to have a nice set which supports that. Which is to say nothing of Blu-rays. Blade Runner on Blu-ray in 1080p looks so gorgeous.
by Martin
Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *Hey My Dojo Family*

Ken train then like 3 Ninjas and name one of them Tum Tum
by Bluecast
Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

silent killer wrote: kiba has all of life's answers.

It wasn't that hard an inference. He's got red hair... He's British... He's obviously Prince Harry.
by KiBa
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALP!

Walk about like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Xbox to be named....

Spokane wrote: So how the hell are we suppose to refer to the first Xbox then? Xbox 1? May as well call this one Xbox 3 then to make conversation and search queries easier on the web.

That's going to be called classic Xbox now

by Rakim
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

KiBa wrote: What a great avatar, Thief.

by Thief
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

beedle wrote: when i get a gun the first thing i shoot will be a brony

Don't do it, man. Suicide isn't the answer :sad:
by Gingefners, The
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

Hey Mike! Glad to see your bike hasn't run out of fuel after all these years. You should tell us your secret and become a champion of world peace. :shock:
by Sonikku
Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

^ Please clarify the link your trying to make between circumcision and moderation of sexual activities. That's a nonsense. Not to diss anyone who has been circumcised, but as far as I'm concerned we're born with a foreskin for a reason. If someone grows up and decides "hey I like the idea of having no foreskin, it will help with hygiene" then by all means go for it. But is it really necessary to force it on an unwitting baby? Because lets face it, most parents aren't making that call due to the supposed argument of hygiene, it comes down to ridiculous religious dogma. It's exactly like when dog breeders say "I should allowed to dock my Boxer dog's tail, otherwise he might bash it against the wall and hurt himself", piss off, you just want to dock the dog's tail because you think that's how Boxers are supposed to look. I truly hate all this dogmatic idiocy. Which brings me nicely onto this:

This is also why many young western men become fans of anime and east Asian games, culture, etc. For example, Japanese culture has not been subjected to as much arbitrary alteration as in the west, so western males find eastern females to be more natural, more feminine, and, quite frankly, therefore, less abrasive.

I disagree with nearly everything you have written here. Firstly Japan has been subject to vast influence and alteration from the west, what planet are you living on? Secondly, the things I dislike most about Japan are the dogmatic aspects of it's society. I sometimes think that Japan, in a way, got the worst of both worlds. The modernising influence the west has caused modern Japan to lose connection with or just forget much of the truly beneficial ancient knowledge that was inherent over there, but frustratingly, at the same time Japan has insisted on clinging on to many completely pointless dogmatic practises which serve no helpful purpose. OK, so this isn't entirely fair of me, as there are some examples of the opposite being true too, and I'm certainly being a tad judgemental. But still.

I don't like dogma. Yet I also don't like losing sight of the beneficial knowledge and practices that originate from the worlds ancient cultures. We just need to be discerning, and be able to separate the helpful from the unhelpful. Unfortunately it seems most people can only go to one extreme or the other, and the result is that we often end up losing on both fronts.
by mue 26
Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

It's a health risk for Urinary infections and HIV so it's recommended that it be done for less risk for those and other major infections diseases.

Yeah I would want the best health possible for my child and have it done by doctors.
but HIV rates are still much higher in the US than in western Europe
We also don't worry about smegma
neither do we if we're not slobs
by south carmain
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ghost in the Shell anime

IMO the second film sucked. First is ok but SAC really set the standard IMO.
by Bluecast
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1upFQlr62k[/youtube]
by mue 26
Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drink of choice? Beer/Soda whatever

Had some Shirley Temples with a shot of vodka in them when I went to a bar a week ago. Pretty tasty.
I don't drink often, but I think that'll be my go-to drink when I do.
If only to have people around me saying "That faggot's drinking a Shirley Temple?"
"Then why is he drunker than us?"
by OL
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got Banned From Riding The Bus Today

Wow she must have been crazy. I've never known a girl on a bus to react poorly to the sweaty guy next to her placing his hand on her leg before exchanging any words. Sounds like a bit of bad luck. When your ban is lifted, I suggest trying this again and letting us know how it goes.
by Lan Di-sama
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got Banned From Riding The Bus Today

Sailors? wrote: There was a time when you were cool, I think. Not sure what happened.

He has turned into Part Nick Tyndall
by Bluecast
Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

Watching this is like opening a bottle of vintage wine.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q[/youtube]
by Cave Johnson
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Details:

- 4 part movie-OVA. 50mins each. First volume opens on June 22, DVD/BD released on July 26.
- Prequel set before Motoko joins Section 9. Younger version of all characters.

Official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1c-T-ox-E
Opening Sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJ5yj8roiM

http://otakutale.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/7/2/14729412/3702375_orig.jpg

Something is rising in me...
by ThyDarkAngel
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So it's in the same timeline as SAC, it just takes place before the series?
For some reason that makes me a little more interested. And since it is supposed to be a younger version of the Major, I don't mind the design at all.

Certain things are still a little odd though. The second video indicates the presence of Togusa, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He was still sort of newly-recruited to Section 9 at the beginning of SAC, and by the Major personally no less (indicating that she must have already been high up in the organization at the time). Why is he here if this show takes place before she's even established with Section 9?
I hope there's no retconning going on.

And the whole idea of a prequel to it is still a little... iffy to me. I always kind of liked that we don't have a strict timeline about the characters' backgrounds and lives. We learn things about their pasts, but don't explicitly see their progression.
So yeah, still a bit of a "wait and see".
But I am a good deal more interested now.
by OL
Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

A hyper reality experience that will reload your mind...3 series...9 episodes hard data...unlimited information...easy access...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXh9gPo7MY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmjV2YsBkw[/youtube]
by Cave Johnson
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

^^The Turtles have gone to space in the comics. I remember reading those issues when I was a kid. It's explained earlier in this thread that TMNT was never to be taken very seriously to begin with. Its very existence was started on a joke.

As for the story, I tuned out after awhile (seriously, it got that boring to read), but they were shoehorning this prophecy story that the Turtles were born to save the earth from Krang. Or something. And they got it from a large older looking Turtle...who is never really explained who he is. Then kinda leaves. And never comes back. They put ALOT of weight on this prophecy story in the second half, giving it flashbacks and the way it was written sounded so serious.

Basically, it was the JJ Abrams Star Trek but with the Turtles. A way to acknowledge the old series but at the same time, go their own path and take their own liberties. I was scrutinizing the script up 'till I got to that part, I thought it was pretty cool too. Then it got boring again. The jokes were always corny but they had a charm to them, which they didn't get right here. Among other things (Casey and April are kids in this one, not very likable kids either).
by Kenny
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost the car key

people, people, people. i hope you are ready for one hell of a laugh. Little background story first. my girl dropped my keys a few months back and my car key broke (as shown in the pic that is in spoiler tags)

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn306/wellahuh/2013-02-27_00-28-49_396_zps2c20e7b1.jpg

i thought "well i'll just get a copy made to have a new not broken one and use the broken one as a spare" i always kept my keys and single car key together. in my pocket at home on the counter etc..... i never got around to getting a copy made. well last night my friend came over to help me break into the car with a clothes hanger to get the cars paper work out the glove box to take to the dealership. he then notices my FUCKING key sitting in the lock on the driver side door! you have my permission to poke fun and call me an idiot and any other nasty statements your mind can think up!
by Perfect_Chaos
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you reading right now?

I recently read "Harry Potter", it was just amazing. and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels written by British author J. K. Rowling
by Halyard
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you reading right now?

I recently read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and is the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels written by British author J. K. Rowling.
by Halyard
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Laptop won't charge! Help batt dying right now

It aint a myth, it just takes time, eating away slowly at the battery life, waiting for an opportunity to strike.
by mrslig100
Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic