Search found 7 matches

Return

I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

I have a save specifically for when I want to replay it because I consider it one of gamings biggest milestones and achievements.

Before, it always made me sad, but last night I did it for the first time with the knowledge we are getting Shenmue III, and it made me really, really happy. I was happy seeing all of these questions and stuff that I may actually get answers to. Shenhua talks about water buffalo, and life in Bailu, and the old lady who taught her how to sew, all this stuff that's hinted in 3 you think you'll never see ever. And we're fucking getting it. We're actually going to get it! \:D/ Every time I played this section of the game I had a sense of melancholy, but for the first time I could sit back and enjoy it in full without pressure that I will never get answers to my questions.

I highly suggest everyone else do the same. What an amazing experience! =D>
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

2 words - Yu Suzuki.

That's who's hands this project is in. With the original members of the Shenmue series to date. This will look like a Shenmue game. Feel like a Shenmue game. Sound like a Shenmue game. Have environments like a Shenmue game.

I don't give a shit what the final amount is, the money will come from somewhere. The litmus test of the Kickstarter has been successful, with all sorts of records set once again by the franchise. We are all gonna set Shenmue 3, with boxes of Shenmue goodies delivered to our door to boot. Id day it's a safe assumption that Sega will want to grab the easy money and release Shenmue and Shenmue HD in 2016. I'd hazard a guess it's already been green lit. Why wouldn't it?? Sega have money there waiting to be given to them!

It's a fucking fantastic time to be a Shenmue fan, the best time ever! From Kikizo articles, to darkness. From "we'll see" and "I think Sega will let me make it". From photos of Suzuki looking tired and dejected, to photos of forklifts and him walking onto the Sony stage to the fanfare of Sedge Tree. Fuck "we only made 8.5k", and "ooohhh well Bloodstained....". Fuck some goober acting a pillock on camera for an hour!

Sorry for the language but rant over!

It's Shenmue 3!!!!!
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

His wife is definitely not wife material because she was mad he put down 10 thousand dollars towards a video game without consulting her. I have never had a girlfriend.
by Himuro
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank Yu (Video by Mathew Rimmer)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mega Man: Shenmue

I put together this animated short in an attempt to bring more awareness to the Kickstarter. The idea was to try and animate a Shenmue themed Mega Man stage. If you're wondering why I decided to mix the two, it's because we're a couple of guys who have been working on a Mega Man fangame for a couple of years, so we're using our Facebook page that we set up for that game to promote the campaign. Hope you guys like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07KXALnWyv4
by wart
Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

This idea that everyone should donate said amount of money is a ridiculous one. If people are supporting with whatever they can, good on them. People need to stop stressing themselves out of the "what ifs" and just appreciate that we have Shenmue 3 now. PayPal after the Kickstarter is over is a possibility. So is Shenmue HD. I honestly am finding some of this talk about the Kickstarter really toxic (many times I've seen people on here just turn on each other and say some horrible or stupid things) and at this stage now, will be glad once it's all finally over, quite honestly.

People should just be happy, for fuck's sake. This is the best time for Shenmue fans... in almost 15 years. Get some perspective, people.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

It would've been the kiss of death if they capped their goal at 10 million from the start. 5 would've seriously been pushing it.

That runs the risk of not getting funded at all, a good chuck of revenue lost from the fanbase as the cards would not be charged, and then they'd have to either give up or tuck their tail between their legs and restart it with a lower goal. Massively embarrassing.

A more organized KS, clear and concise goals, and the physical copy all from the start would've helped somewhat but it would've never elevated it anywhere near the 10 million mark. Not even mega popular star studded projects reach that much .

Hell, even Star Citizen capped at 2.1 million, with additional crowdfunding from their site making it over $6 million initially. Only reason it reached the 85 million mark was because of on-going funding .

Seriously if that doesn't convince any of you, I don't know what will.
by Kenny
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic