Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: Any one here still hope

Very little hope, But I'll back it to the end. Every couple month's I'll catch up on the latest news/rumors.
by rome
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The return of the original Shenmuedojo.com

Enter the dojo a gamer....exit a Shenmue master. Gangster 8) This was just before my time, but cool to see.
by rome
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #SaveShenmue

You have my support. #SaveShenmue
by rome
Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Replaying S1 and S2

I was playing Shenmue for a couple hours before the Sony conference started, and I'm continue to play right now.

This is so amazing, I'll be playing a ton of Shenmue 1 and 2 in the coming year+ Fucking new dc and Shenmue game just arrived today. What a day my friends.
by rome
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

This is incedible.....
by rome
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Other than reggae, last few day's I've been listening to a bunch of Shenmue tunes. Can't go wrong.
by rome
Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

editing a post doesn't really change what you've said so you just leave your stupid comments to exist forever in this forums history. Even though this place makes me and others crazy sometimes, I really like it. Good game community is a hard thing to find.

Ahhh, i remember the post would have said "edited" and sometimes shit kicked off from that. I can remember people flipping out because someone had said something, edited it, and then World War 3 kicked off because they would be called out on it.

Axm is right about the Yama Era though; Bullshit free. But its like WWE being in the PG Era now, and the old days were the Attitude Era. I just wish we had a network where you could go back and read some of the old topics. Well i am sure you can just find a link, but i wouldnt know where to start. Anyone remember any old topic titles where things went bananas?

Weird that you mentioned WWE here, as I was reading the first couple post's in this topic, this is exactly what came to mind. I do remember hopping back and fourth between RP and the Dojo for a short time. But if I wasn't on this forum, I wasn't on any.

There was a lot spamming and user's getting banned, but there was always many, many topics being discussed, Shenmue related or not. I do miss the old days as well.
by rome
Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Locke_cole wrote:EDIT: Guys....never,ever go back and read your old posts. This whole thing is cringe worthy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12318&start=30

Made that mistake not to long ago. Good to seeya Locke
by rome
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

Peter wrote: I'd want to be a Lucky Hit Vendor.

Maybe take a couple shifts off your hands :rotflmao:
by rome
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Also, what the fuck is with McDonalds? They do the best strawberry milkshakes in the world - bar my own - but around 50% of em taste like the milk's gone off. It's always the same ones n'all. How fucking difficult is it to get fresh milk you lazy bastards?

Their fries however... sometimes they already come salted, other times they dont

The trick to guarantee good fries to specifically ask for them without salt, then they have to make them fresh. Then just add your own salt.
I've been using this trick for awhile. If you're on the other side of it, it can get a tad bit annoying.

Old people in front of you at the ATM :mad:
by rome
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

MiTT3NZ wrote: Just old people in general. And fat people walking side-by-side on a narrow pavement. In fact, no, again, just fat people in general. No, just people.

Yes, people in general. That narrow pavement comment gave me quite the laugh though.
by rome
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Rome. Last pic I had up here was junior year 2005 [-(

by rome
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Rome. Last pic I had up here was junior year 2005 [-(

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/613838033914171392/VqEBx1ec.jpg
Haha funnily enough you do look a bit like an older version of Sam :P
Never thought of that, but Sam is the homie 8)

Romes the man! Always remember you and your buddies in your suits :lol:
Hahah I totally forgot I even posted a picture on here.
by rome
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall confirmed to voice Ryo in Shenmue 3

Well it seems they wanted to get this settled fairly quickly, and I'm glad they did.

YS wanted him back, the fan's wanted him back. Great move, as I'm a big continuity believer.
by rome
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I have listened to Shenmue music non-stop since KS start

Here's a few of my favorites: http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLE14E686F963F4E20&v=0QXV0hT8fOc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLE14E686F963F4E20&v=a6IYCDyyc9w

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLE14E686F963F4E20&v=cEMN1feEz5Q

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLE14E686F963F4E20&v=OYQQPmqmoiM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLE14E686F963F4E20&v=VxDaAoNk1Tc#
by rome
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Here: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/shenmue_3/news/chinese_school_for_underprivileged_kids_pledges_20_000_to_shenmue_3_kickstarter.html

I think this will definitely pay off for you guy's and I'll be checking out your FB page after this.

Thanks for the support and I wish you nothing but the best going forward. Hook them up Yu =D>
by rome
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Officially Funded/End of Kickstarter Celebra

Drink, smoke, fuck bitches, get money, and play Shenmue.

Well at least one of the above \:D/
by rome
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Esppiral wrote: Image

Just saw this on Twitter. Nice work.
by rome
Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: theMediumStream playing Shenmue 1

I'm in there now. Thanks James.
by rome
Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN ANNOUNCED!!!

Looks interesting for sure. A 2016 release date is perfect, something to hold us over till Shenmue 3's arrival.
by rome
Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

It's interesting that with certain games I just don't get much satisfaction out of them anymore, and I think I know the reason why. I used to play a lot of games with my brother and my neighbor, I used to walk across the street with a new game I'd rented from blockbuster and we'd play it all day in the n64, having a good time, collecting jiggy's or whatever the fuck, eating pizza-rolls. It was great playing the game with someone else... but when I hook up my N64 and plug in Banjo-Kazooie, it just isn't fun. I don't want to sit here and play this game by myself -- I'd rather have a good time/adventure with another person. So many games are like this for me and just playing them honestly makes me sad to play them.

I've been plaything through the Resident Evil games with my brother whenever we get the opportunity, and it's been a blast. I'm gunna focus my (playing games) time so that it's spent as a social activity rather than a solitary one. I've spent enough time playing games by myself -- i miss the old way I used to play games. With other people.

I'm with you on this Thief. I too spent a lot of time back in the day playing games with other people, like SI and SII with my best friend. Going over to his dad's house on the weekends, running to Blockbuster on Friday night and playing whichever game we rented all weekend long.

I have the original Xbox set up right now, and I've been playing this old basketball game for the last 4 hours. Honestly I don't know how.
My friend was over about a week ago and played the same game (I just watched) and I had a helluva better time then I currently am. One of my other friends would come over all the time just to watch me play Hitman and it was too much fun. Just having another person around to discuss it with makes for such a better experience.

Of course there is certain game's I prefer to play alone and not be distracted, but plenty of others where I'd appreciate having someone to play with and shoot the shit.
by rome
Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Got 320 in Neo Darts in Shenmue II but no toy :( Just looked at a walkthrough and it says even for max score of 500 you don't get a toy in Shenmue II, oh well...
Just got to the harbor on my current playthrough and was killing time in the harbor lounge and decided to play a game of neo darts. This got me wondering if in fact you could win a toy once you hit a certain score, as I have never really looked into it much.

Pretty sure this is a first for me: https://youtu.be/SAE2PGLl4Ms
Trying to remember if I've seen this before, as i've always went through the window around back.
by rome
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential Shenmue 3 Joke In Shenmue 2 :D

Hey guys, I watch a dude on Twitch called TheMediumStream, and he recently just cleared Shenmue 2 for the first time. He spoke to this particular NPC in Guilin, who says something at the time rather innocent, but since we now know differently, it comes across really funny and as though Yu Suzuki trolled us all those years ago :D

Here is a link to the part - https://youtu.be/XoaBPJGzV7Q

"How long does it take to get to Bailu Village?"

"I wouldn't know...If you can keep from getting lost, it'll take two days..."

"Two days..."

"But it could take...your entire life."

"My entire life?!"

"Just kidding. But do watch for wolves."

Haha, I thought it was pretty sickening :rotflmao:
This is where I've seen that guy before. In your other topic I couldn't quite figure it out.
by rome
Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Last year, I had the chance to meet Yu Suzuki and interviewed him regarding Shenmue and Shenmue III. Best thing coming out of this was to share with you all the latest informations I could get.
In case anyone wanted to check out David's interview(again, or for the first time) from last year it's on the main page.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

So here we go :

What kind of questions would you like me to ask ?

What are you looking forward ?

Share anything that you're thinking about even if that's not a question, I'll try to turn it into one.

You can either answer directly through comments or you can send your questions to : [email protected]
I cannot provide details about the day of the interview and when it will be published on Shenmue 500k, Shenmue Dojo and Shenmue Master, but whenever I am allowed to do so, you'll be the first to know.
http://s9.postimg.org/smmg8xiun/david_yu.png

Thank you very much. Your last interview Yu brought up NPC's and talked about their daily routines.

One question to Yu would be about the NPC's, how many does he want to include in Shenmue 3, and will we be able ask them about multiple things as we could in S2. Basically how detailed will conversation with NPC's be.
by rome
Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Haven't seen this in years. Found it in a box of old movies and thought I'd give it a watch.
by rome
Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic