[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4rx3F9_NS4[/youtube]

Starts around the 6:20 mark.
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki to be included on SASRT for iOS & Android

Ryo911 wrote: Anyone downloaded this on Android? I cannot find it on playstore

It is not yet on Android, but SEGA said it will come soon.
by Giorgio
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How old were you when you first played Shenmue?

15. Mum bought it for me from GAME after I saw it on that show GamePad on Bravo TV. Memories, man!
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

One of the user comments in response to the article:

"I think comparing Shenmue to Skyrim or GTA is completely wrong for numerous reasons. The article groups them together based on surface qualities (open world, lots of NPCs), and then assumes Shenmue wouldn't stand up against the other two. How wouldn't it? And how are the other two games more progressive? Just because they came out later, with bigger budgets?

GTA is a game about running errands for morons in cutscenes and blowing shit up and killing people. You cannot live in GTA's world; you have to destroy it. It's designed that way. Skyrim is a spreadsheet game about thousands of interchangeable NPCs, quests, and loot items. It's about low-level goal attainment and RPG stat building and a core loop of addictive play. I don't want to be addicted to a game. I don't want a game designed to manipulate me to keep me playing.

What about Shenmue? Shenmue is about co-existing with the environment. You don't blow up Yokosuka or Kowloon, you walk through their streets, talk to their residents, and follow leads in an amateur detective adventure. The gameplay varies between exploration, fighting, QTEs (done well!), mini-games, and context specific gameplay moments like the tape recorder sequence in Shenmue 2.

There's no repetitive mind-numbing violence in a Shenmue game the way there is in GTA, Uncharted, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc. Both games feature a handful of fighting sequences, and they are justified in a narrative context. Why is that somehow dated now, or bad? Just because the graphics are bad or the voice actors suck? Those are surface aesthetics, and they are irrelevant to whether the core game design is good or not."
by Ziming
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Put down $300 on this.

Really hope they give the option for a PS4 physical version. I would much rather play on PS4 but avoid digital games when given the choice.

As it stands there is no way right now to have both the PC physical and PS4 digital version together so for now it looks like I will have to go for PC physical.

What is everyone else that pledged high amounts planning on doing?

From how I personally understood it, there simply was no "Kickstarter" version of a PS4 physical release. So if that ends up being true, I will be a double dipper. Taking my signed Kickstarter PC Collector Edition, and purchasing, hopefully , a PS4 Collectors Edition :D
by LikeZoinksYo
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic