Search found 544 matches

Return

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

If they told me it'd be twelve years, would it of made it easier?
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yakuza 0 “The Business” Edition Revealed, New Story Details

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

The introduction to Majima in Yakuza Zero. Not quite the man we've come to expect..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Peter wrote: Picked up a brand new PS4 today for 100 notes. Result.

Bought it to play Yakuza 5, assuming it was backwards compatible like any normal console. Pure fail.

Have it on Gumtree now for 150. Hopefully a result.

Keep it for Yakuza Zero.

Oh and Shenmue 3..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with charging dock.
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=219501452

Hey there. Sam Mullen here, producer over at the SEGA/Atlus office managing the SEGA lineup, and I can answer this question for you.

For the last couple of iterations of the Yakuza series, the game translations were handled by our friends over at Inbound Games, an independent SF-based J2E loc firm that SEGA has worked with closely for many many years on many many games (hit them up up, I highly recommend!). Yakuza 5 was handle by them, and Yakuza 0 was as well. I think we can agree they do outstanding work.

But for Yakuza 0, we are really trying to not only take it up a notch, but to take the opportunity to reevaluate our approach to the series localization in general. So even after we got the game text back from Inbound, Scott and his team have spent many hours further polishing the dialogue, taking almost a craftsman-style approach by listening to the JP voice along side the text to make sure the English text set against the Japanese voice feels as natural as possible.

The end results of this fine tuning are very subtle, but the game really shines in a way I've never seen in a Yakuza game before, especially the cutscenes and cabaret club sections. Creating a bilingual experience, one that is very Japanese but still English at the same time is a real challenge, but Yakuza 0 makes it happen. Maybe I'll get Scott to make a video about it.

In any case, whether you are a long term fan, or someone who has been wanting to jump but has hesitated: this is it, guys. This is where the journey begins.
Wow, so nice to hear how Yakuza translations are taken seriously again. Only spells good things for future games..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For wrestling Bears?
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://s11.postimg.org/ufrfo66lv/DK52_gallery_01_1240x840_855a3c114b3d4fb6be981e7.jpg

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with charging dock.
Unfortunately I had notice this phone has been discontinued and my order is cancelled. Seems I'll have to put up with my Z1 Compact for now. As soon as the Xperia X dock is available I'll take the plunge on the X Compact!
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Replacement Port Covers
https://s18.postimg.org/j5f5n1b15/s_l500.jpg

Unfortunately, I've also fell victim to my cover ports snapping off which in turn nullified my phones waterproofing.

Seemed to be quite a common complaint about the Z series before they made the ports waterproof without the need for covers.

I was browsing whether it was worth claiming on my insurance before stumbling on a repair video to replace them and it looks painfully easy to do. The example in the video had just the frame disassembled, but the author said they could be put in place with no disassembling required.

£8 purchase from eBay. Wish me luck!
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GYO6161 wrote: Is the kiwami getting english dub like yakuza1?

No. Vocals were re-recorded in Japanese for this game. English dubs for this series thankfully died since Yakuza 2..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega movies on the way

Here's a clip from the Crazy Taxi movie..

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yakuza Kiwami for PS4 coming West in Summer 2017

phpBB [video]

Yakuza Kiwami: An Extreme Remake on Your PS4
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very nice. I can vouch for the X series. Love my X Compact..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two words: Miracle Johnson.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo Hazuki cameo in ESPN NFL Football

I was watching this youtube channel Slopes Game Room, they have features called The Complete History for different series of games, one of which being Shenmue.

They've mentioned in the video something I've heard for the first time ever: Ryo Hazuki has a cameo appearance in ESPN NFL Football on the original Xbox.

Did anyone know about this? Given such a cameo is incredibly obscure for an NFL game, and admittedly the narrator stated they have no found footage of this from the game, I'm still extremely curious/interested to see more.

Check the video out at this timestamp: https://youtu.be/cCdgmSlZ4DQ?t=14m51s
Full video here: https://youtu.be/cCdgmSlZ4DQ
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Applied to a job at a film studio today. Film industry here I come?

PS. Here's my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7076206/
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

One early boss battle in particular will just blow your mind
I know exactly which one you mean. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard. It's emblematic of the whole game, just joyous.
Ha! I know what you mean. It was especially cool for me since I was playing Mania with a friend from midnight onwards and we used to play that particular game together competitively years ago. Even remixed the music to it. Amazing..
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Achieved this a few days ago but only feel like gloating about it now. How's everyone else liking the game?
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the 0 trophy?

Haven't played Kiwami yet. PS4 still broke unfortunately.
https://s1.postimg.org/2njdr6wzjj/001.png

Did I forget to show this one? I certainly don't forget to polish it..

Bravo.

Kiwami is awesome; love the facelift that 1 was given and I love the addition of Mushi King (played it in Japan and it was INTENSE).

Don't like the addition of Pocket Circuit (though how they tied in the stories from 0 was fantastic), especially since it is tons more difficult and Majima Everywhere got old in the 7th chapter.

Oh and Nagoshi wanted to remix the songs to be more modern... WELL THEY'RE WORSE!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Scarlet Scar was an acoustic wonder, now the guitar is drowned out :evil:

I also thought the Pocket Circuit stories were quite funny, even though the activity itself was a grind.

The only previous experience I had of the first Yakuza was a single playthrough on a borrowed PS2, so the whole game was rather fresh to me. Same with Yakuza 2. Many thanks still to Henry for sending me the game as a birthday present!

What I really hope is they don't remix the Blue Scar Blues song from Yakuza 2 in the next Kiwami remake. So fond of that song I still listen occasionally now..

https://youtu.be/fHPJDXe2Xic
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I often watch Simpsons clips on youtube, can't believe how funny it used to be. You'd enjoy this video essay:
phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have the After Hours edition on preorder so hard. Since I don't use Blu-ray discs with my PS4, I'll be sending that to Dorian and double dipping on the digital edition.

You missed the new trailer, Riku!

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2017 Dojo Awards Voting

That photo of Glodblum made me laugh out loud..

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

No, it's actually quite amazing. When you hear Ryo speak, he sounds like a true badass and just perfect. Unlike the Japanese version, where he doesn't sound very "cool". I mean, just compare the opening sequence of Shenmue I where after Ryo has Iwao Hazuki in his arms, he shouts "nooooo" in English compared to "father" in Japanese. Hands down, the English version is clearly superior in this instance.
https://youtu.be/KCC1PBwQqQw
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Kudos to whomever banned that retarded twat shoomzip and the rest of those cunts. Let’s clean up this place.

And I'd just made use of the ignore list for the first time..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Labo

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star (New)!!! PS4

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody hell I had March 20th booked off work for that reason. Atleast they're releasing a demo, I don't believe that's been done since Yakuza 4?
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished kiwami on legendary. With all my stats leveled up in new game plus it was less of a challenge than doing the game on normal mode except for the shooting segment, that part was pretty frustrating especially since when you lose you have to do all the fights in the restaurant beforehand.
That car chase was such a pain. Can't recall how many attempts that took me.

In other news Yakuza 4 & Yakuza 5 are now on PlayStation Now. I may be tempted to play Yakuza 4 again over the week's trial period..
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Peter is the most deserved and passionate fan to carry on what Ziming and Yama have built up since my time started here.

Congratulations to Peter and many thanks to Yama. Looking forward to seeing the new Dojo!
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

August 28th!

Must be the quickest Japanese to English localisation turnaround so far since Kiwami 2 was announced for Japan late last year?
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Announced on the official Yakuza stream today. Ten minutes in: https://youtu.be/07QNVtNdvsM
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's been confirmed Kiwami 2 will retain the Japanese licensed music from Crazy Ken Band. The first time, I think since the original Yakuza 2, this has happened for the Western releases.

This was a big concern of mine when Kiwami 2 was announced. The music adds so much to dramatic scenes of this game.

What music you ask? This one!

https://youtu.be/jT0r_UnT6bU
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Booking Time Off Work To Play Shenmue HD?

I generally do take days off for new game releases. Incidentally, I have this Tuesday off for Yakuza 6..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.
You could do that yourself. Since you've been so vocal about it, why try to persuade someone else?

Since the game and developer have just been announced, I'm sure they'll appreciate constructive feedback..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

I never had a problem with the dub back in the day (and just through affiliation, I still don't now) but after becoming accustomed to Japanese voices in Yakuza games, I hope there are Japanese voices with subtitles available in the English version of Shenmue 3..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haruto wrote: I can see why quite a few people choose colorful text. The grey on grey isn't the best. What if I typed in purple?

Then I would be forced to read your posts like this:

by Crimson Ryan
Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone preordered their copy already?

I'm waiting for digital preorder.
by Crimson Ryan
Sat May 05, 2018 4:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will definitely get a PS4 now that the entire (mainline) series is coming to that console (and it doesn't look like it'll come to PC any time soon).

Is it worth getting a Pro if I mainly plan to just play Yakuza on a 1080p TV? I'll wait until the series is all out to see if they do a cool bundle but Pros don't look like they're dropping in price.
I upgraded to Pro for Yakuza 6, and obviously future games using the Dragon engine.

It bothered me playing the Prologue on a base PS4 with the slow down and screen tears.
by Crimson Ryan
Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star (From the Yakuza Team) headed wes

Damn, I expected a trailer!

I know next to nothing about Fist of the North Star by it's by Team Ryu Ga Gotoku so that's enough for me.

by Crimson Ryan
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What level did you pledge at?

Just bought the digital download because that's all I want. Not into physical gift special editions anymore. Apart from the Yakuza 6 whiskey glasses and stones I bought separately from ebay.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Demo and preorder are now available!
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic