Search found more than 1311 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Hey guys, technically first post but regular viewer and lurked on the site since about 2005 probably.

Decided I would register tonight after that fantastic stream and although e3 was a bit of a downer what a journey we've been on and a huge thank you to Peter for giving me something to look forward to every week for the past half a year!

Can't wait to continue with the streams, whoever takes them on, and keep up to date with you all.

You are so very welcome!

The streams will be updated, i will be keeing an eye on them from a distance, but you are in good hands! Shenmue content on a constant basis is what i wanted from this, and a place for people to hangout. That will continue.
by Peter
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

All opinions are welcome, but keep insulting the development team of Shenmue when they are not here to defend themselves and you won't be around here for much longer, on top of spreading information that I can tell you right now is either very sorely mistaken on your part, or just fathomly made up by yourself in the name of trying poorly to troll.

You show up once a month and spew your negative bile all over the place which does nothing for me but make me feel sorry for you. No one agrees with you, or cares quite frankly.

I don't think I insulted any members of the development team by saying they lack the level of experience needed for a special project like Shenmue 3, especially that any kind of insult to anyone won't be something the community (including myself) would ever appreciate.
On the other hand, Neilo, which is listed as the main developer of Shenmue 3, was founded in 2010 in Japan, and since then, they only developed/released ONE rhythm mobile japan-only game (Orgarhythm was released in 2012 for PSVita and Android) Source . And you can check the full list of the games developed by Suzuki-san to know that his last console game was released in 2003 on the original Xbox; Moreover, the horrible Twitch streams done by AJ alongside many badly-photoshopped officially released images also indicate that they're not professionally done and that's not even close to the level of quality of Shenmue I and II.

I show up once a month indeed mostly alongside the monthly updates, and I try to be realistic with my opinion based on what I see instead of what I dream of, and or course you and everyone else are entitled to totally disagree with everything I said or will ever say ...

Right.

I am a huge avocate of communication so I am gonna try here and not get pissed off at what I am sure you would agree, is your repetitive posting on a semi regular basis where you give your opinion, which is mostly negative.

Instead of me waffling on myself, which I would be the frist to admit I am completely guilty of, I will start small. Can I ask you if there is anything positive you have an opinion of, regarding the past 2 years?

I have responses to your post, but that can come later. For now, I just want to see some positivity here from yourself, based on the assumption that the reason you are here, like the rest of us, is because at the end of it all, we have a love and a respect for this series and it's creator.
by Peter
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue hd rerelease. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega re-release these games? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do hd rereleases of final fantasy 10 (and now 12) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue is more expensive to rerelease as well.

Im really not a told you so person, and i have a dislike for people who are. But for this one time, i will happily say a big fuck you when the HD remake is indeed announced, after all the years of having to read your negativity both concerning Shenmue 3, as well as HD remakes.

Of course, when the HD remakes are announced, you will probably bitch and moan about them too since, ya know, thats what you do. Why change now, eh?
by Peter
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

If there is one person within the community whos work gets overlooked, and doesnt get nowhere near enough praise as he should, its Kiske.

There are a lot of people who do great work for Shenmue, but he really is one of the silent heroes since Shenmue 3 became a reality. His passion is unmatched, and his ideas and support across all of the Shenmue community sites is something that is to be absolutely commended.

Just wanted to give him is due live and respect.

Bravo sir, and thank you for so much hard work! =D> =D> =D> =D>
by Peter
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

2nd Timex T43371
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Great-Condition-Shenmue-Timex-Watch-Sega-Ryo-Hazuki-Sega-Dreamcast-DC-/322546523992?hash=item4b19455f58:g:A7EAAOSwK6RZOEKE

Is the Timex watch really worth that much? It doesn't seem to be official merchandise.

It's definitely not worth anything like $350 to me. [-X Even if it wasn't scratched up.

Also it has that upside down and incorrect wording all around the ring on the front.
As I've said, there was a model produced with the correct writing on that ring.
For me this is the true Shenmue watch - the one the developers put in the game and obviously the most accurate looking. There's no point in me settling for another version because I'd still end up looking again.
For that reason I'm not at all interested in this ebay model, or the Ltd Edition Shenmue watch which has the same problem.

The "official merchandise" thing doesn't bother me. It's like if they brought out BluMue's Hitachi TRQ-298 after it had already been in production, but screwed up with wrong, upside-down wording, then slapped a Shenmue logo on it. I know which one I'd want.

I'm almost certain "my" watch was the early model and they later changed the wording, because I've seen a promo picture of the Ltd Edition watch. It showed a box with a picture of "my" watch on the front, albeit with "Shenmue" written on the dial.
Likely it was a mock-up using a stock picture, because the Ltd watch came in a completely different box.
Either they altered/photo-shopped it on, or there really is a Ltd Edition watch with the correct writing.
But every Ltd one I've seen has the alternative writing, so I doubt it.

Recently I've discovered that on the back of these watches there's a number stamped on the bottom right strap pin brace. Interestingly (to me!) they differ. I've seen numbers 2, 4 5 and 6.
The watch with number 2 was the same one I'm after. All the others had the alternative writing.
So it's likely these numbers relate to the manufacturing order.

Manufacturing order? WTF am I talking about.
I'm in too deep man.
I'm in way too deep.

Wow thanks for the info! Even I didn't know about the reverse text in the inner ring! I had an absolute heart attack when I read that, and jumped out of bed to dig out my watches. Indeed you are correct about the Official Shenmue Timex, with mine having the text incorrectly facing outwards. I also checked with David, PoL and a few others I know own the official watch and indeed they are all the same.

BUT, thankfully my standard Timex T43371 does have the correct writing so I guess I was lucky when I got it back in 2010.

http://i.imgur.com/rPNYAzI.jpg

As far as I know, the "Expedition" was removed due to licensing issues, and the developers couldn't get the date function to work correctly in game, hence why they were removed. So in theory, you legitimately cannot get an exact version of the in game watch. Even if I took the YS/Shenmue straps off my limited edition and put them on my regular T43371 face, the "Expedition" text and the date window will always remain.
by Peter
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

I've said it so many times, but when real footage of this game emerges and trailers are made public, true fans of Shenmue are going to be completely blown away by how amazing this game is on a "Shenmue" level.

It really will be a true successor to the previous two games.
by Peter
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gamescom Roll Call - attendees and meet up arrangements.

So who's in? Who's going to be there? We have the potential for the biggest meet up, so it would be awesome to see a lot of you there!
by Peter
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Just have to take a moment to wish farewell to the good ol' paryapus logo. Poor thing had a hard life and it's thankfully been retired to history.

Thank God too! How immense is the fact that we have a new, old logo. I mean, never mind dreams coming true at Gamescom, we are going to have a physical box with the real Shenmue 3 logo on it. The one that was revealed in 2015.

Words cant describe how happy I am about that alone. Fuck yes!
by Peter
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamescom Roll Call

I'm almost sure they stream keynotes on their front page.
by Peter
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

I will be there on behalf of the Dojo with live Twitter and Instagram posts throughout the event. Other sections of the community may be there also but it's still all being worked on at the moment, so more details will be revealed over the coming weeks. :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only one I can find is EA did have a full on conference stream last year. It seemed open to the public too.

phpBB [video]
by Peter
Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also think a lot of fans who are going are thinking that when they watch E3 every year, it's a simple case of "getting into the audience" like it's a sports event etc, when that's not the case at all. Usually those are events are for business holders, employees, and even developers of the actual games being shown. Sony audiences are invited individually for example.
by Peter
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea it's not a very well described event. I mean the questions outweigh the answers with Gamescom.

Does YSNET attend Devcom now?
Is that the developer conference?
Or the Gamescom public keynote?
Can people purchase the business pass/VIP pass (at ridiculous prices)
Does a press pass allow you into the business area?
Is the Devcom press accreditation separate from Gamescom accreditation?
Is the Gamescom Congress related to this?
It says some fans may be granted access to business halls on the Tuesday. How?

I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

I should be transparent, and these questions are related to anyone attending Cologne in person. There is no cause for concern whatsoever about any and all footage, trailers, gameplay, announcements etc being made public. They went public with that by announcing it as a Kickstarter update. NO backer is going to miss out on any footage, and it's definitely not the case that there is material is being shown behind closed doors and won't be made available to the public, either via livestream or instant update/media release.
by Peter
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd laugh if it was just an image of a new vending machine. I'd actually be laughing so hard, shake Suzuki's hand, keep laughing and walk away.
by Peter
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So happy for the words PHYSICAL COPY (MN9 fallout continues)

Wow. Could you actually imagine if this happened to us? Just when you thought the Mighty Number 9 farce had died a horrible death, it's still continuing to fuck over fans. I mean check it out:

https://twitter.com/Isfet/status/889955595272560640

Gaf comedy thread - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1411284

The backers are being sent a flatpack box that they have to put together themselves! No physical game, and the manual for the game doesn't fit inside the box. Honestly, you couldn't make this up.
To add to the confusion, some people thought they were getting a physical game on top of their digital game, but it's on this point where the story gets more dark. If you read the MN9 $60 rewards tier, it doesn't say the backer would get a physical release of the game itself, just a physical game box! On the one hand, completely legal, on the other, absolutely ropey as fuck to the fans.

For all the flack the Shenmue 3 Kickstart received, I am thankful after seeing this, that there has been absolute clarity between digital game release and physical game release from the very beginning. Also that there were discussions with Sony during the Kickstarter campaign due to fan demand for a physical release to be included.
by Peter
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So happy for the words PHYSICAL COPY (MN9 fallout contin

To be honest, I shat a brick when I read about this and went straight to the S3 KS page to see if there was any possibility of this happening with Shenmue 3. As much as we have love for the franchise and the team, I'm sure that's no different to the love the Mega Man fans had for this project and look what happened to them. In the context of rewards specifically, the $60 tier does state that it is a box only, and there was no physical game in existence at that point. Deep Silver wasn't brought in to publish a physical edition until long after the KS ended.

Thankfully, I really don't see any major issues (apart from possibly a timeframe on the rewards slipping). The physical copies is clarified, and I think it was the Twitch broadcast that said they were talking with Sony to manufacture them so we are in good hands. As much as the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter wasn't with a few minor bumps in the road (blown way out of proportion by certain media outlets), it's been very smooth sailing compared to the MN9 trainwreck.
by Peter
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Think of it as E3. YSNET will be on Sony's stage to show off all new stuff. You won't be in the audience for it since that's for press only, and most likely watch it on the internet. You then attend E3 in the days after, but you have the chance to meet Suzuki-san at a location at the event.

It's very generous of him. I bet Kojima wasn't walking about the public show floor after the Sony showcase in 2016, meeting and talking with fans.
by Peter
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

I'd go one better and say we are just a few folk getting bogged down over a matter of language. Words for fuck sakes. This news will kick in properly across the gaming media and the world when it actually goes down at the event itself. In fact, not a lot of eyes are ever on Gamescom in general. I believe that Shenmue 3 material will take a lot by surprise who don't know that it's even going to be there. It will not disappoint either. I know it won't. I've seen it.
by Peter
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Three Weeks Remai

Got my press pass approved this morning. Now time to make plans.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea I'd say it won't matter too much. I will be recording random footage for video packages when I get back anyways, and the KS should also have any major announcements covered.

But I'm a fan of live reaction videos so I will be trying to capture any footage like that at the event.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No probs. Its all for the cause. I don't do it alone though. It's a team effort, and right now I'm more concerned about everyone getting their passes and being there, as well as fans who are attending getting as much info about the meet & greet as possible. I will be there for the duration and will help out as much as I can.

On that note, I'm not 100% sure if it's allowed, but I have tickets to the 3 days I no longer need (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) so if anyone wants them, they are up for grabs.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I will record as much as possible, and I will be able to talk to Suzuki-san in general, but in regards to an official interview, the guys at Shenmuemaster are still kindly working on that for us. I'd say lots more info will come out over the coming weeks as the event draws close so I will do my best to keep you all updated.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Correct sir!!!

TGS 2015 Official Shenmue T-Shirt

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1721d83e61a21afba89b31e964d4da03/tumblr_ou4f95VNHI1vilcqco2_250.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f88c6d64ead7551a89725016ef15f694/tumblr_ou4f95VNHI1vilcqco1_250.jpg

Shenmue Boxed Sega Dreamcast

https://68.media.tumblr.com/8ffa9c6ad039ab99f08f1c95108acc38/tumblr_ou4f95VNHI1vilcqco4_250.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3939fd001a3a603442031ac1cdffea02/tumblr_ou4f95VNHI1vilcqco5_250.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2832892284a27aeb8661c8b707fdaf37/tumblr_ou4f95VNHI1vilcqco3_500.jpg
by Peter
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KidMarine wrote:If possible could you maybe ask him roughly how many NPCs will be in the game? He said 100-200 when asked before, but that was at least 18 months or so ago, I'm curious if that number has changed. Thanks!

Already got it ;-)
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three weeks still to the gamescom, it looks like a never end! Sometimes it seems like a dream that we are going to see Shenmue 3, I never lost faith but It was almost impossible for me and now we are only three weeks to see it properly!

How will look like Shenhua, Ryo and the "old" characters?
How will it be to play with the new free battle mode after Suzuki's new ideas?
How big will be the game compared to Shenmue 2?
Will the NPCs have their own daily routines as they had in previous games?
How will look like the NPCs?
I have tons of questions!

I have most of these questions covered, in one way or another. But if you have tonnes, by all means say. Anyone can think of any questions they can think of then knock yourselves out. But think about them from the point of view of them being questions he can answer. There's no point asking him, "uuhh, when's the rewards going out?". Those are Awesome Japan's & Fangamers responsibility.

Got my press pass approved this morning. Now time to make plans.

Great news! I wish I can be there too... :)

Shame we can't catch up during the public days, but hope you have fun!

There'll hopefully be free wifi available throughout the showfloor, so I'll try to see if I can get some live streaming set up. (http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/for-visitors/Infoscout-WiFi/index.php)

In any case I'll post or tweet (@yuc2002) what I see during the public days as soon as I can, so keep your eyes peeled!

We should be able to catch up I am sure. I am just not trying to have a set plan for the duration. Running around to meet people at specific times just adds pressure to it, so communicating over there, with all Shenmue fans is the way to go. It keeps things organic, and we are all going to be in the same location over the 3 days so it's not going to be difficult. Plus, we need to wait on more info from YSNET regarding meetings and whatnot.

I may stream live to the SD Facebook page. It's just an idea at the moment, again, nothing set in stone. I could do a video recap live. Or just stream footage live from the Shenmue booth etc. Even though theres the industry day, the business area is also open for 3 days just like the public areas so it gives me plenty of time to scope it out and put a plan together.
Say for example, if I get a feel for the booth, it's environment, I could say, "Can't get access to the business area to see Shenmue? No problem! Tune into SD Facebook tomorrow for a live hosting of their booth and what goes on during this event."

I may not be allowed to do that, but we will see. It's just one idea of many.
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's awesome Peter!

Thank you so much for covering the event for all of us!

Since we are talking about Space Harrier, could you ask Yu if we can expect some arcade games, from the original titles or even new ones in Shenmue 3?

And second question, although this may seem tricky to get an answer... is Ryo still going to wear his original "Timex" watch?

Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to somehow participate in your Journey to Gamescom. :)

Covered and covered bud. A lot of the questions will be built around what we have seen in Kickstarter updates, like the arcades being spotted by eagle eyes fans, so things like that I've angled for. I am toying with the idea of emailing my questions through to the producer so he can see them and have more time to think about the answers. But then again, that may take the organic responses out of the equation which can cause a lack of emotion, and more along the lines of a robotic preprepared Q&A.
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three weeks still to the gamescom, it looks like a never end! Sometimes it seems like a dream that we are going to see Shenmue 3, I never lost faith but It was almost impossible for me and now we are only three weeks to see it properly!

How will look like Shenhua, Ryo and the "old" characters?
How will it be to play with the new free battle mode after Suzuki's new ideas?
How big will be the game compared to Shenmue 2?
Will the NPCs have their own daily routines as they had in previous games?
How will look like the NPCs?
I have tons of questions!

I have most of these questions covered, in one way or another. But if you have tonnes, by all means say. Anyone can think of any questions they can think of then knock yourselves out. But think about them from the point of view of them being questions he can answer. There's no point asking him, "uuhh, when's the rewards going out?". Those are Awesome Japan's & Fangamers responsibility.

If I may... Can you ask him how long the game is planned to be, compared to the two previous games?
I really liked how lengthy the S2 was, and I'm hoping since S3 also takes place in three locations, we would spend considerable amount of time in each of these locations, enough to get familiar with all of them.

Also, are there plans to get in contact with Ren, Lan Di, and Joy's English Voice actors to reprise their roles in Shenmue 3? Last I heard they were eager to get on the project, but they've yet to hear from YsNET.

The first one I am working on, but it's a bit harder to try and word it than I imagined. He has already kind of answered that question in the Nico Nico interview in 2015, where he said that each experience is different for each player due to their age, playstyle, attention span etc. It could take someone 20 hours to complete the game, where as it could take someone 60 hours. The context of the question though was the fact that games in general are now played by all age groups, and that he creates his games to tailor the player in terms of difficulty (QTEs getting easier after numerous failed attempts for example).
But when asking a question like that, it leads to a bunch of specific questions like, as you say, the areas. How big is Baisha for example, can then correlate into how long it takes to complete etc. From experience, you do need to really nail down a question juuuust right, to really get the best answer from him. This is also with the language barrier, as the conversation doesn't flow as normal. For example, if you talk to someone about a topic, a specific details may come up where you immediately ask, and then you go off on tangents. Because of the translation between languages, it's very much stop/start, with no real method of natural conversation flow. So you have to get the question bang on , otherwise you waste time dwindling on something which could be useless info. The interviews are usually between 15-30 minutes depending, and you would be surprised how quickly it flies by.

The second part is easy. Firstly, they won't cast or record until the game is essentially finished. Around the 90% complete mark is when the voice acting is done. Eric went through it in Japan for us, and also told us about how fully complete cutscenes were there to be watched, in order for the cast to get into character, and have a sense of what exactly is going on in each scene. What's the context of the voicework, and what emotions should be portrayed at that time.
Also, I talked at the dinner with the executive producer about the original cast (to put a good word in for Eric, as I had promised him over a few pints the night before), and he said that they will be trying to contact them, but, with time and age affecting, well, everyone, their voices will still need to match the character. There are also some of the original cast who have gone completely off the radar too. One in particular, only ever did Shenmue as a professional voice artist, and since then, her whereabouts are unknown. He suspected she just had a family and chose a different career path away from voice acting.
To be honest, at this stage of production, it's a bit of a wasted question since I already know the response would be, "we will be contacting artists in the future", or words to that effect.

Just to add, I have about 20 questions already(that will be cut down once I've decided what's most important), which make up a sort of pathway through the interview. A beginning, middle and end. They would cover all the usual questions people ask. But Yu-san loves technical questions, that's his forte. Anything along those lines are great, although I am not a technical person. Questions that are a bit outside the box are always better than, "hey so will Ryo look like Ryo in the game?"
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phantom River Stone (Article Index)

I have no words. Just sensational work and fantastic passion from one of the most revered Shenmue fans I've had the privelidge of meeting.
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.dualshockers.com/ubisoft-announces-gamescom-lineup/

As suspected, 2 weeks from the show beginning and the news is starting to trickle out about the event. Ubisoft confirm they will be there fully strong. Of course we are awaiting any such news from Sony. Last official word was that they were, "seriously considering" it when asked after E3. I have seen a couple of unconfirmed reports that they are not attending it, but I asked Gio Corsi on Twitter if Sony would be in attendance, which I got no response. Chap probably detestes me since I pound his Twitter every month with #saveshenmueHD tweets.
by Peter
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Leak of ALL Shenmue cover !

And a magnifying glass
by Peter
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nothing to see here.

The fact that he just is content to sit back and watch without offering any substantial explanation is bad enough, but the fact that it has Sega in the image crosses the line from stupid fandom to blatent trolling if it's a Photoshop

I will still offer a slight benefit of the doubt, so he has until 6pm BST to either clarify what's going on or politely request for the topic to be deleted. If there's no response, he will be warned.
by Peter
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I try to think things logically. This is a business trip for YSNET. It's to promote the game which Sony said they were footing the bill for. Gio Corsi himself said to Danny O'Dwyer that they will organise it when the game is ready to be shown at events etc. Here's some rough maths to help work it out:

Return flights to Japan (2 YSNET staff I know of attending = £1000

Hotel room (which will be close to the venue) = £500 a night X5 if they are there for the duration = £2500

Expenses for food etc = £1000

A trip close to £5000 isn't something I want coming out of the KS fund so Sony should rightfully be looking after this trip.
by Peter
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega - "actively pursuing" a Shenmue remaster.

MCV UK recently interviewed Sega Europe's executive vice president John Clarke at E3. The interview talks about it's new remasters collection, and the benefits of PC. In regards to the success of it's PC remasters, Clark was asked specifically about Shenmue. Heres what he had to say:

The success of those titles has meant that gamers have been quick to make lists of other titles they’d love to see on their PCs. The most common title at the top of those lists? Shenmue.

“It’s something we would love to make happen, something we are trying to make happen," Clark says. "I think we want it to happen as much as anybody out there. Yes, it’s a serious task and it’s not a task that we’re not working on, if that makes sense. It’s something we’re actively pursuing.”

We ask whether Sega has its own list of possible console-to-PC conversions? “Yes, which is almost identical, I would say, to the community’s list," Clark replies. "You know, when we launched Bayonetta, there was a list created straight away on Steam that was saying, ‘What games do you want to see Sega release next?’ Those titles have been titles on our list for a long time.”

Disappointing news? Or clever speak? What do you guys think? Not....not working on it??? So you ARE working on it???

Oh Sega....

Full article can be read HERE
by Peter
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega - "actively pursuing" a Shenmue remaster.

It's always been the same for me too, a question of not "if", but "when". The comments from Sega once again, make me happy since they address the game directly, but also frustrate me because of the clear double speak that's going on. Good and bad. Positive and negative. It's been the literal definition of sitting on the fence.

But putting that aside and going back to my beliefs of "if" and not "when", I know it's a test of patience. That's fine with me. I don't mind that. But what I am worried about the most is when they announce it, they make a balls of it in typical Sega fashion. I better not get into work one morning and whilst browsing the net, see that Sega randomly just announced it on a particular day. It deserves a stage, at the press conference. My own personal opinion is that Gamescom is out. Sony won't be at the event outside of a booth in the public area. No press conference, since EA is the only ones having a conference. That leaves TGS, which is doubtful in my opinion, and finally PSX. Of course PSX seems most likely now but how many years can you say that? It just goes on and on.
by Peter
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The quest for offline Passport access

Just no words for this Switch. Sensational work!!! I will be firing up the PC today so I will give it a whirl and see how it goes. I'm already getting that huge nostalgia trip just by looking at the photos!!!!
by Peter
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Two Weeks Left

Yea it's a double edged sword. You can take the quiet approach and hit a PSX crowd with a surprise 3 minute all out trailer, OR you can slow build the promotion. The latter fits in with the entire mantra of Shenmue 3s existence since 2015. It's a slow methodical progression. I really believe this is the beginning of a long running promotional campaign to get the name of Shenmue 3 to re-emerge out there in the media, and this is the perfect start. Use the media for what they are supposed to be used for. Have them do the work.

It's a week away now and I am starting to get those heartbeat flutters and bursts of excitement. I haven't been sleeping properly for some time, well since June '15 to be honest. Its just a way of life for me now. But this time next week I will be awake for sure since I will be leaving in the morning.
by Peter
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Two Weeks Left

True that.

Anyway, my biggest concern isn't how much of the game we will see at Gamescom. Even if they don't show off all that much now, they'll end up doing it eventually, further down the road.
My concern is: what if, after 15 years of despair and then, after E3 2015's glorious news, the game looks like... crap? *Knock on wood*

For sure, I'm optimistic that it won't. The game is still in Yu Suzuki's hands, after all, and my conviction is that we'll be blown away and cry tears of joy.
But, just knowing that, theoretically , the game could look like crap (and I'm not just talking about graphics, but rather the game itself, overall) is a scary thought.

Coming from someone who has seen the game and who's jaw hitting the floor was captured in photographic form, I can absolutely assure you that's not the case at all. Far.... Far from it.
by Peter
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Taken from the official YSNET press release which can be seen here:

http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Funny how a few years back people were saying how satisfied they would be with a Shenmue 3 book, manga or even an unfinished Dreamcast build to be leaked online to give us closure to the story.

Now we're getting the real deal and we're all moaning about virtually everything we're seeing in each and every update. Suzuki must feel so encouraged.

Yep. That's why I don't bother commentating anymore, and speak with fans privately who share a more level headed approach with less knee jerk reaction attributes.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

The meet and greet is being held at Segas booth.

by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some explanations I've been kicking about for the logo.

1. Deep Silver have taken it upon themselves to design a placement logo as YSNET had decided to change the logo from the paraypus font to something else.

2. Deep Silver just drafted this up for the press release. Nothing more

3. The new logo we seen last month is going to be the logo on the backer copies only, and this Deep Silver logo is what's going to appear on the retail version.

Either way, this is technically the FOURTH logo used for Shenmue 3.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It looks miles better than the Choubu we were shown last year. This is now all textured A LOT.

So for people moaning about the character models, the same will be done for them. Maybe try less over the top initial reactions.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka wrote: This is the ugliest thing I've seen in my life.

I feel sorry for your life then.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well if there's one thing we can agree on, it's certainly jump started the entire community before Gamescom, that's for sure.
by Peter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic