Search found more than 1311 matches

Return

The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

Grab a cup of coffee or some snacks. Its about to get detailed!

So, hello everyone!

A lot of visitors here may recognise my name, but for anyone who doesn't, or is unsure, allow me to introduce myself. My names Peter Campbell, im 34 years old and live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Life was going swimmingly until one day i picked up a copy of Official Dreamcast Magazine off of the shop bookshelf, and my life changed course from that moment on. I have been a huge Shenmue fan since that day, and it wasnt too after finishing the games back in the early 2000s that i found this site, The Shenmue Dojo. Over the course of the past 14 years i have regularly contributed to this site, firstly as a registered user, and then as a staff member. After a brief hiatus last year, i was contacted recently by the then current owner, George aka "Yama", and offered the chance to become the owner of the site and begin to get this place ready for the crazy future we have soon ahead of us. If you missed his topic, you can check it out HERE!
Shenmue has been a huge part of my life for the past decade and a half, from playing the games beyond any sort of countable number, to finally realising a dream come true, meeting Yu Suzuki in Japan during the Kickstarter Backer Dinner. This series and this site was dead just a few years ago. It really was. 8 years ago Yama took over and did an outstanding job making the site more appealing and accessible for anyone who visited, and all during that time we lived in hope that it wouldn't all be for nothing. It really did begin to look like a waste of time and effort, but thanks to excellent fan spirit and great community building and campaigning from the 500k Facebook group, Team Yu group and longstanding French partner site Shenmue Master, a relatively impossible dream came true and we are well on the road to actually holding a controller in our hands and walking down to Bailu Village to get some clues on the hunt for Lan Di. Its been an insane ride! But the rides nowhere near over yet!

In this post, i will be going over a few key areas in detail, about what the aim of this fansite is, and any subsequent changes may be coming in relation to the future release of Shenmue games. One of the key words i hope to always stick to is transparency, so everyone knows exactly what is going on. So like i said at the top, i hope you got some food and drink!

~~~~~FORUMS~~~~~

We may as well start where we are, and that's with the place most members, if not all members visit the most; The Forums. Its where we all talk and get to know one another. Realise each individuals reactions to all things Shenmue. In terms of changes here, it will mostly be structure based, with a few cosmetic tweaks for reason i will explain.

First off, before even taking over me and Yama discussed at length the staffing of the boards, and what their roles are. A lot of users within the roles were either AWOL or just didnt bother to make any decisions or act when needed to. So we put together a list of names that we both felt from the beginning of my tenure that we felt comfortable with, and also what role they will play. Below is our selection, and what that role means:

Shenmue Dojo Owner & Administrator - Peter
Administrator - Yama

The role of myself and Yama as administrators means that we have access to the ACP, and can make relatively any decisions in terms of usergroups, permissions, cosmetic look of the forum makeup etc. Its all pretty much behind the scenes stuff. We also take the wheel of the ship, and help make sure the site has the right tone and feel in terms of staffing and making sure this place serves the best interests of Shenmue and the site itself.
Yama has kindly offered any advice 24/7, but as owner, the overall look of the site design and any future changes to anything i will have to decide upon. That means everything, from a new site, social media ideas and direction, forum upgrades and design, listening to members, staffing members.... its no easy job thats for sure, and these past two weeks, i could count the hours of sleep ive has with just my 2 hands. I will be active on the boards, that goes without saying, but i wont be as active as i was back years ago as a regular member. Gone are the full weekends of chatting, bottle of wine, and nude pictures (dont ask!).

Global Moderators - BlueMue, Henry Spencer, James Brown, Jibby, OL, ShenSun, Sonoshee, Spaghetti

The team selected i feel is a great mix of everything. Old members, new members, full of ideas and all sing off of the same hymn sheet. First and foremost, this is a Shenmue fans website. We come here for our love of the series, and as of late, it doesnt seem to be that way. Open troll comments which differ from constructive criticism, and branding the entire Kickstarter as a scam are not topics of conversation that serve both Shenmue and this website well. Theres a fine line between keeping negativity off the boards and censorship, and the reason ive selected this team is because i feel they have the experience and intelligence to make a call and do whats right. We are a site for the fans by the fans, and i hope the staff sets the tone and attitude for people who contribute to the site.
If someone is just joining up here to troll for some giggles, or get some hits on their Youtube site by badmouthing the series then they will act swiftly and appropriately. All staff have been given instructions to be as transparent as they can. If a user gets warned, or banned, their post will be edited by the moderator taking action, so that everyone can see. Sadly until the forums are upgraded this is the only real way of being transparent with other users so until then, please bear with us. Any more issues or questions, please dont hesitate to ask!

News Posters/Veteran Contributors - alimn, Axm, Bysby, Kiske, Kiyuu, LanDC, Sonikku, Switch

These members have the ability to post in the current News and Updates forum, where we try and bring any and all Shenmue news to the public as quicky and clearly as possible. It was an original group, which has been merged with longtime veteran contributors of the site whom also have been given the same permissions. They have no moderator permissions outside of this.

Shenmue 500k Staff - Shenmue Stare, shengoro86
Shenmue Master Staff - Shendream
Team Yu Staff - Team Yu

The Shenmue Community has grown a lot over the past 6 years, and i will be trying my best to make sure we remain as a team. Any sort of mentality of "us versus them" i want put to bed from the start. We all co-exist and form one entity, and it offers every Shenmue fan their own unique platform to which they want to contribute to! If you dont like the Forums here, Facebook has you covered with 500k. If you want to help with the #SaveShenmueHD campaign, then Team Yu is the spot for you. Shenmue Master has any French speaking Shenmue fans covered and has been around for as long as the same time the Dojo has. It doesnt matter where you contribute, it matters that you contribute in the first place, be it here, there or anywhere! The one common goal here is the success of Shenmue, and thats all we want together. But wait, doesnt the Shenmue Dojo have a Facebook page? Yes it does! But its a page, and we use that primarily as a news outlet extension to the forums. 500k offers a group platform, to talk about everything Shenmue in a more hot take/smaller post type of fashion. The Dojo forums offer intense debate into any little aspect of Shenmue, so again, its all there to cater to the Shenmue fan. Its not a competition if we are all trying to reach the same goal with the same intention.

Shenmue Dojo Coder - MrRod

I finally had the pleasure of speaking to MrRod on social media over the past few weeks, and he is a great guy. I cannot stress enough the work he has done in the past, and to be honest, it would not be online if it was not for him. He has kindly offered to continue on serving as our coder when we need him in the future, which i will touch upon in more detail in a little bit.

But for now, thats what will make up the structure of the site.

One other thing i need to mention is the option users have had in the past to donate to the forums for upkeep and maintenance. Now let me be clear on this topic, this isnt a negative take on Yamas tenure, where he introduced this feature. It just feel that if anyone has any money they would like to give to the site, give it to the Shenmue 3 PayPal campaign. Or hold onto it and buy the game when its released!! I will cover all costs of the site, and look at any upgrades to the service if we get to that stage and need it. Anyone that knows me, knows what i am like with money. If this site is mine, its my responsibility to cover it financially, and it will continue to be 100% free for all members to use. I do this out of love for Shenmue and thats where i stand.
With removing the donation option, i have decided to remove the various "donor" usergroups, and the relevant username colours and titles, and i humbly thank you all for any support you have given in the past. I know this is the Shenmue Dojo, and change usually brings with it a 15 page argument with nothing but popcorn bags left in its wake. But i do have reasons. This site is on the cusp of its biggest moments in its history. Yes we are in a lull now for many reasons, but Shenmue 3 is fast approaching, and possibly Shenmue HD with it. The attention the series will get, and as an extension the community and this site, will rise to numbers we may not have seen before. When get have new members join here, i want them to see clearly who is who, and what is what. The only people with any sort of distinction are those with key roles, and the colours simply make them easy to identify. Green = moderator. White = newsposter. So on an so forth, This means people know who to go to if they need anything, and also who is making staff decisions at any given time.
Another reason the groups have been streamlined and tidied up is because of something that i touched upon earlier. With a site thats been online this long, and one which started out on its own before becoming part of a community, its inevitable that a hive atmosphere can develop over time. Like i also said, we are all friends, but we are all here for Shenmue, and ultimately on the same page. I want things to be as transparent as possible, and as clear and straightforward as possible, so any sort of special privelidges or cosmetic changes have been removed. I dont want a hierarchy here, and if i could run the place without any sort of groupings then i would, but unfortunately thats not how the way the world works. But, outside of the staff, we are all human being. All together. All Shenmue fans, and i dont want anyone seeming like they are above someone else. It cant be helped when a user joined, or how many posts they have made. We all contribute equally, and great users come along at anytime. Being here for 10 years doesnt give you a badge of honour or any sort of hierarchical standing. We are all Shenmue fans, regardless of if you picked up the controller last week, last month or last year.

The last thing i have to say about the forums is it is currently on an old version of PHPBB. Thats why it looks the way it does, doesnt have Emoji support and other bells and whistles which other more modern platforms may have. The plan is to upgrade the forums ASAP, but it will take a lot of work. As i touched upon earlier, MrRod has kindly agreed to help out with this, and we will try to get to work on it as soon as we can. In preparation for future Shenmue games, we know we also have to move forward. We will have more information on that in the future as it happens!

~~~~~WEBSITE~~~~~

The website runs off of both links of shenmuedojo.net, with shenmuedojo.com as a redirect. We pay and own both domains, and each will take you to the website designed by Yama almost 10 years ago. Along with the forums we will be aiming to update them and bring them in line with modern day sites. At the beginning of the process of the handover, Yama had designed a brand new site which i had seen at various stages along its development. Yama has done a great job with a new website design, with a more clear structure, greater social media integration, community partnership and mobile response.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

As much as i would love to use the new design (it would be in place right now!), its been designed on a Wix site for ease of access and user friendliness. The problem is however is that its not our first option. The most ideal method would be to build a new website from scratch, but if anyone who has any experience knows, this is indepth and time consuming. As well as needing knowledge of HTML, CSS, databases and other such technological wizardry.
Another major issue with the Wix site is that the forums cannot be brought along for the ride, and the support isnt there on the Wix end. This would mean one of two things; the forums as we know them would be deleted with new forums created over on the Wix end, or, the furrent forums have a domain change, and run separately on another link. This could be an option, and linking it to the main site would be straightforward, but that means the new domain would be starting from scratch. All previous links that exist across the internet from the past 15 years would essentially be broken. We would also lose our Google hit rating and for a time, the new link would not show up for any searches.
The option i think is best, is to build a new site with Wordpress, and retain everything together. I have been reassured by a lot of people supporting me that its more then accomplishable, but despite that, its a much deeper job then just putting a few things in place. Ive toyed with the idea of a new logo, and that means design work. Then theres the look and tone of the new logo defining the look and tone of a new site. Image assets need to be obtained, a new layout needs to be designed, what plug in options are available and how will they be implemented, all links to social media, community sites, wiki links, forums etc all need to be working. All of that takes time and effort not just from me,but from anyone willing to offer help and support. Will i get that? I dont know, and if i have to i will outsource a new site to a company here in Belfast, which could compromise the Shenmue feeling this place has always had. All of that is in the future which i will have to decide on, but for now i just wanted to keep everyone updated.

~~~~~SOCIAL MEDIA~~~~~

The site has various forms of social media, which are generally used to post news updates as well as other content.

Facebook Page (Shenmue & community news posts)
Twitter Account (Shenmue & community news posts)
Twitch Channel (Streaming service)
Instagram Page (Shenmue artwork & image service)

We did have a YouTube Channel, which i would like to go into in a bit more detail in the interests of transparency.
The second owner of the website was a person by the name of Hellraiser, whom you would know better here now as Ziming. In 2009-2010 he then passed the website to Yama who built it to its current stage. Unfortunately i am not sure of the arrangement they had or how we was still involved with the site. But he did own the YouTube Channel which, for many years was under the title of The Shenmue Dojo. There is a difference between just a title change and an actual domain ownership, but it doesn't change the fact that he does, and always owned that channel. He also was responsible for all of the content added to the channel, and no one can argue it is a huge Shenmue resource.
Recently during the MAGIC 2018 conference a video was shown with a disclaimer for it not to be recorded. The video was an extended cut of the released Shenmue 3 teaser from last August, and was only shown to journalists at the event. Of course people either missed the instruction or chose to ignore it, the video was recorded and it appeared online, including the YouTube channel owned by Ziming. This wouldn't be an issue except not only was the disclaimer clear for it not to be recorded, but i spoke personally with Deep Silver staff after the event as well as Yu-san himself and both said that the trailer was not to go online. Other members of the community at the event were also told the same thing, and we all have refused to host the video as per request. Of course, individual people posting it was inevitable, but a YouTube Channel with the content and subscriber size that's supposed to stand for Shenmue going against the wishes of both the creator and the publisher is not something i can support or endorse.
Ziming has been a unique character over the course of the history of the Shenmue Dojo, and an opinion on him will very to neutral to negative depending on whoever you ask. But in terms of the YouTube Channel not being owned by the Dojo exclusively, it was asked of Ziming to remove all Shenmue Dojo links and branding in light of not removing the video. 2 days ago, i sent him a message asking for him to remove the video and explained the reasons why. As far as i know, i am certainly not the first person to do so. If he feels differently to the hosting of the video that's his business, but with no responses to my messages i will be banning his account here, with no promotion of that Shenmue outlet. If anyone posts a video that's linked to his channel, and its in the context of a conversation at that point in time, then it will be allowed to remain. We are not going blanket banning videos to his site at the punishment of the user. But there will not be dedicated topics to videos that appear on the site.
This was not an easy decision, or one that was quickly made. Nor was it a personal decision, and the list of people i spoke to about the matter for advice should emphasise that. I should also say that i understand if it was such a huge issue, then perhaps Deep Silver or YSNET should issue a copyright strike against it and i shouldn't be making this decision. That may be true, but that's their business, and maybe they don't want the hassle. Again i don't know, but what i do know is i need to make the best decision for both this site as well as Shenmue. One final point is that this call does not reflect or represent the Shenmue 3 team in any official way. This is a site decision, and I wish him all the best with his Channel.

That brings me onto the resulting matter.

Its because of this, that we will need to build a new Shenmue Dojo YouTube Channel. Now as tempting and as easy it would be to begin ripping content or duplicating the channel we once had, its a messy road to go down, and one which benefits no one. There's no point confusing that platform for a user searching for Shenmue related videos. So, the idea which Yama had for the entire Dojo will carry over to the new channel. It will serve as a fan service, with playlists and links to fan created content. A Rolodex for the amount of excellent fan content that's on YouTube. We will of course have our own content being added to the site, aiming to serve as an introduction to Shenmue for new users which, again, we will be expecting with the release of the new games and the attention it brings. Also on there will be a library of live streams and Shenmue Lets Plays both conducted by ourselves at the Dojo, as well as across the web. All content not ours will be play listed only so that when people click on any said video, the proper content creator will get the view, not us, which is fair.
Again, that's the plan, which will take time and manpower to create so bear with us. That applies to all forms of social media which i open the doors to any fans who feel they could contribute to the brand. From updating Facebook and Twitter with news, posting images and artwork to our Instagram etc. I used to stream and work across the board on all sorts of social media when i was a staff member but i very much doubt i could handle it all on my own now.

TL;DR

Yea i know. A huge intake of words. I know. I apologise if i've rambled in any areas but its been 3 days and i cannot remember what sleep is like.

One last personal request i can only ask for is from everyone, to help get this site to whats generally regarded as its former glory. I don't want to see people at each others throats and attacking each other which the Dojo seems to bring out in people throughout the years. Also, if you can keep in mind I've never been in a position such as this before, and to please help be supportive. We are all human and make mistakes, and again in the interests of transparency, I've already clicked the wrong button and deleted a forum which was created for a members work, so i am reluctant to even type on this keyboard right now in case i nuke the site by some mad ass command. I apologise to Mittens too for the forum deletion. He undertook a Shenmue Project with other fans of the site to make a fanmade shenmue game. The project was dropped a while back, and no valuable content was lost thanks to him having back ups, but still, i made the mistake of deleting them instead of hiding them in the ACP and humbly apologise. Even if i mess up, you will hear about it. Theres no brushing of anything under the rug anymore. Not even from me.
But in the run up to this, i can only say thank you to the numerous people that have said the kindest things to me, encouraged me, and gave me confidence that actually makes me believe that i can do this and make this place a success!

I genuinely hope we can all move forward together towards Shenmue 3, and hopefully Shenmue HD. I don't think i need to reiterate that i will be giving this my all, and if you ever want to talk to me about anything then drop me a message on here, or do a search on Facebook for me and drop me a message!

Oh and thank you for lasting this long if you read through it all!!
by Peter
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

OP blah blah blah

Not gonna be making a habit of stepping on the moderators toes, but this "person* has had multiple accounts in this thread, multiple accounts here, and a list as long as my arm of stuff they have pulled not only here, but across social media. From bad mouthing myself on social media, soliciting on Twitter in the name of Shenmue 3. Even the OP account... I mean look at the avatar! What are the chances! Good god Holmes, it's surely not a coincidence?!?! *Puffs pipe

https://i.imgur.com/MZdMwjs.png

But let's go down the rabbit hole a bit more...

https://i.imgur.com/7gxSm3p.jpg

Hmmm, interesting. And then this...

https://i.imgur.com/6GIqVyU.jpg

Which takes us to this thread here...

https://i.imgur.com/yYOiPAx.jpg

To whoever you are, email activation by myself for new accounts will be in place very very soon, so you are gone from these forums. I am also messaging the administrator on the other forums where you have been bad mouthing this site, to make them aware of the accounts you have there too. What they decide to do is their call, but from me personally... Get help.
by Peter
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Email activation for new members & forum amendments

The site has had its notorious history with drama, which has seen numerous troublemakers banned from the site. Its just part and parcel of an internet forum. The previous method of creating a new account just required an email address, and the user activating a link sent to the email address provided. Whilst this was convenient to the new member joining, it was also a function that was abused to death, with banned members simply registering a new email address and rejoining immediately. We were all kids once, and id like to think we all grew up over the years, but even to this day, its been proven that's still not the case.
So from now, the registration process for new members has changed slightly. Before a new members account goes live, we will have to activate it. I have it set up where i will get the notification on my phone immediately so there should not be too much of lost time before i can do that, but this also allows me to see the username, IP and email address of the person registering.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d13449ee4ececc73383201e775be4b62/tumblr_p6dpqd7fi01vilcqco1_1280.png

Internet trolls can be smart, but at the end of the day, they will always be found out. There are always numerous tools and signs at our disposal, from idiotic usernames which add a letter on the banned accounts username, posting from the same IP, using throwaway email addresses etc.... and even if they get around those, their posting manners and attitude will always show off their true identity over time. Idiots will always be idiots. If we never catch alternate accounts out, well, we still win because that person is now posting in a regular, friendly fashion. Not breaching the TOS and actually contributing positively to the community without the need for a ban. Their new account gives them a new life and they change. In the end, we always win out.
The account activation by an administrator process is in place as of now, and will remain in place until a time where it needs to be looked at again in the future.

The second small change is to the top two "housekeeping" forums; NEWS and UPDATES, and SHENMUE DOJO.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/a6681150f7a230c4c1c9b5364295fd66/tumblr_p6dq8gt3TF1vilcqco1_1280.png

The News and Updates forum will be for breaking news and updates regarding the Shenmue series only , which makes a change to how both series and site news and updates were addressed in there. Site news and updates have been moved to Shenmue Dojo itself, and the opportunity to post questions will still be there for members here in this forum. Pretty straightforward really.

Thats all i have for now, but in the very near future, there will be more updates on additions to the Shenmue Dojo, as well as the beginning of work on the new site. Hopefully once that gets going, the forums will also be primed for a much needed update to the current phpbb.
by Peter
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net: The Classics

FUCK OFF YOU BASTARD!

I actually had a heart attack. I'm not joking.
by Peter
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

At the risk of sounding unconventional or cool by Dojo standards (hey, when has that stopped me), but i just cannot get enough of The Greatest Showman. Its a shit movie, it really is, especially when you have the likes of Bill Condon at the writing helm, along with jenny Bicks... so i have to question who had any sort of final say so here... but its just such a sensationally great movie for someone like me who looks for an experience, and feeling in a movie that differentiates and separates itself from the crowd.

The easiest way to do that is a musical, yet no one seems to churn them out like Rodgers and Hammerstein did almost 40 years ago... So whats the problem? Its like its became its own suedo-parody of itself, but modern day musicals like Moulin Rouge, Chicago and Dreamgirls were not only showstopper cinema successees, but also oscar worthy movies. Even the most recent La La Land is an Oscar winner!
And thats what makes this movie something else. Like i said, its shit. The story of P.T. Barnum is barely even covered in the story, i mean its a pure broad stroke if ever there was a definition of the meaning of broad stroke, which REALLY destroy the movie, and deserved of its 50% average score in general critique.

But...

They have done it again. I would go as far as to say Benj Pasek and Justin Paul are getting as close to as The Sherman Brothers did with their Disney scores, in terms of modern day songs with easy to remember lyrics that you will already know halfway by the end of your very first listen. Its a very simple concept, to start mellow or medium, then to raise upward and upward in keychanges to a grandioso finish, but Jesus does it make your hairs stand on end, when delivered by the likes of Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman, and Zak Efron.

Dances numbers accompanying the songs are right on the money, as well as the set and costume design, and barring some Michael Gracey lack of bravery in shots, i gotta say, this is one of the most infectious soundtracks to a movie ive ever heard. My Dad, Mum and Sister have also seen it, as well as downloaded the soundtrack, and at the very least, it was great to hear UK film critic Mark Kermode record a second review to say the words, "i was wrong", in response to his first review of the movie.

Still a shite movie like.

(and apologies to all of the posts I've missed that I need to reply to. They will come soon!)
by Peter
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Trailer

https://youtu.be/tdiqIPdCP2c

Adam Koralik report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04hUT23RiQ

Michael Huber Reaction

https://youtu.be/tFQx8Pw2pZc

Features

Will run in 1080p
Fully scaleable screen resolution
PS4 & XBOX ONE - Physical release
Dual control scheme - updated & classic
Both audio dubs - English & Japanese
New user interface
Release - by end of 2018

Steam link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/758330/Shenmue_I__II/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DateX0BX0AARnIF.png

Some screenshots Via IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/14/shenmue-1-and-2-being-re-released-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2fujgpowg-kk-nqecvkqpu-8-3745838855-3745892780453_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2fujgpowg-kk-oggvkpi-ujgpjwc-hktuv-vkog-57-3745838855-3745892780450_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2f42302545432757-4-3745838853-3745892780449_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2f42302545303170-4-3745838853-3745892780447_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2f42302545434227-4-3745838854-3745892780441_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

http://c-8oqtgrjgwu46x24cuugvu3x2ekipkoiux2eeqo.g00.ign.com/g00/3_c-8yyy.kip.eqo_/c-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fcuugvu3.kipkoiu.eqox2f4230x2f26x2f36x2f42302545364162-4-3745838852-3745892780436_3402y.lrix3fk32e.octmx3dkocig_$/$/$/$/$

John Clarke - Sega Europe Executive Vice President of Publishing

"I'm really excited to be part of this announcement in front of so many Japanese Sega fans. Shenmue represents Segas spirit of challenge, as our number one most requested re-release in the West. We have carefully ported the classic look and feel of the original, in response to the long time fan expectations.
I decided when Shenmue was brought back, i would wear this in celebration. I also decided when Shenmue is brought back, i would have to be with Shenhua.
In Europe, Shenmue was released in 2000, and was an unprecedented title at the time. It was a time when Grand Theft Auto 3 or the Elder Scrolls did not exist. Yokosuka was an unknown world to us in Europe, but that only lent to its exotic charm.
Im in charge of marketing, publishing and sales strategies in Europe. In recent years I've also been in charge of the world wide release of European developed titles, such as Total War. Not only am i excited for the re-release of Shenmue, but i can say there are tonnes of fans worldwide who have been waiting for the re-release of Shenmue, as one of Segas most legendary titles. I think right now, i can hear the applause from around the world."
by Peter
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04hUT23RiQ

***Trailer at the end of the video***

Will run in 1080p
PS4 & XBOX ONE - Physical release
Dual control scheme - updated & classic
Both audio dubs - English & Japanese
New user interface
Release - by end of 2018

Topic discussion
by Peter
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Guys feel free to post any and all related topics in here. A new sub forum you you all to fill :D
by Peter
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I could gripe about a few things... Maybe tomorrow.

But for now... I guess I will say I was told D3T were behind this last May. So it's been in production since then at the very least, more than likely way before. I've had plenty of time to read up on their studio and have followed them on Twitter for the past year. They are extremely professional and have worked on a pleothra of titles, from The Witcher 3 to various others. They have also worked with Sega before on the Mega Drive collections, both previous release and current one.

For now what I will say is simply this. These games are absolutely vital to the success of Shenmue 3 and right now, that's where I draw the line. For players to have these easily accessible on modern day hardware is something that you cannot put into words. They are necessary for Shenmue 3, and finally it's all come full circle. 14 years of being on these boards.... Who the hell would have thought we would have gotten to this point.

Shenmue 1 and 2 HD, followed by Shenmue 3.

Let that sink in.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Youtube Channel is now LIVE!

http://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/YouTube-logo-500x277.png

It wasnt planned to go live for a while, but with the announcement of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, it seemed fitting to get it out there.

Its still a work in progress, with Shenmue videos and playlists being added daily, as well as sections to come. Whats important about this new Youtube channel is that every video that isnt created by us, will be owned by YOU! We wont be ripping and uploading your content. Its YOUR content. YOUR efforts, and YOUR attention a viewer should get to give their thanks and likes.

There will be verious sections fleshed out over the coming weeks, as well as Shenmue streams starting back up again very soon! But for now, head on over give us a like and subscribe, and stay tuned for lots more Shenmue content coming soon!

LINK - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvnGvNdVyOcXkYanOfmRoQ?
by Peter
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.

Er no dude, well in my opinion Adam Koralik is an amazing YouTuber, not for just his passion for Shenmue but his knowledge, opinions and reviews. Considering he is firstly a Shenmue/Dreamcast fanatic he casts his net far. I’ve been subbed to him for over 5 years, personally one of my favourite YouTube personalities and I am sooo glad he got to experience this thanks to SOJ.. he deserves it being one of the louder spoke persons for Shenmue in recent years.
he doesn't seem passionate at all.

Much like the majority of your posts, yet we have to tolerate you.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo recruitment - we need YU!

As Shenmue grows, we also grow, and as much as i love being hands on across all and everything Shenmue Dojo related, its just not possible due to the amount of outlets we have. Site, forums, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Instagram.... Its a lot of work!
This site has always been a fan ran site, and as we are on the cusp of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD as well as Shenmue 3 being released, we need more dedicated fans to help make sure the site remains at the forefront of delivering fans the most up to date content and news across all of our platforms. Whilst i and others will be working on a new site, the forums will also be upgraded along the way and those are also well staffed. Twitter and Instagram is also pretty much covered by both myself and great help from Team Yu and Shenmue Forever, but there are key areas which we could greatly use help with!

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/new/images_index/FaceBook-icon.png
Facebook page updates
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueDojo/

The facebook page has over 5000 members and despite the occasional adding of articles from various other community outlets from around the community, we need someone to help bring the page up to date, with posting, linking or sharing articles related to Shenmue. This can cover a wide variety of content, from news articles in the media, updated information from within the community, additions to our other outlets such as videos, images etc, and to actively encourage overall participation.

https://i.imgur.com/hCx6kcv.png
Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvnGvNdVyOcXkYanOfmRoQ?

The last Youtube page associated with the Dojo was not owned by us,no longer has any association with the site, and we wish the owner all the best. The building of a new page that is owned and representative of us is a daunting task, but still one that is needed.
The purpose of our own Youtube Channel will be different to the previous one, in that its primary function is to offer a collection of all the great video content and media offered up by fans of the series. From our own entire community's efforts of podcasts and news videos, to the wider fans creation of retrospective videos, lets plays, music remixes and modding efforts. We need someone who is willing and able to donate their time to help build this outlet. Creating various playlists of specific types of content, and sectioning them off. Staying up to date with Shenmue content added to Youtube and add them accordingly. It takes the individuals search efforts out of the question, and with a visit to our channel, will have all new daily/weekly Shenmue videos added, ready and waiting.

A key principle of this new channel is that all content that is NOT created by anyone from the Shenmue Dojo, stays that way. User videos may be added to playlists on our channel, but the video clicked and watched my the viewer will take them to the original creators video. This gives the original user the view, like, credit and recognition they deserve for their efforts. We will not be ripping any videos and "re-uploading" them, and posting a link to the original creators video. Whats a creators content, should stay a creators content.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/new/images_index/Twitch-icon.png
Twitch Channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

The Twitch Channel begun just over a year ago and currently has over 1000 followers. Whilst in the past, we would have had one person streaming playing Shenmue related games in the past, i would love for the streamer pool to gorw, and have multiple themed shows throughout the week. Shenmue 1 playthroughs, Shenmue 2 playthroughs, Yu Suzuki games, Sega games, specia events etc. Its a fun experience for both the streamer and the viewer! Theres now no better time to think about streaming Shenmue with 1 & 2 HD on the horizon, and with also simulcast streaming on the Youtube Channel, its a great way to get Shenmue out nto the publics eye.

If i have to do it myself like i have done in the past then i will, but with limited time it will be very hard to nail down a set schedule. Anyone who would like to try then let us know! There are prerequisites that will come with the channel though, such as using the same uniformed overlay, a camera must be needed as well as a microphone. There are plenty of streams out there with people just playing the game fullscreen with no visual or speech, and thats not what i want this channel to be. There needs to be character, flair, and an appeal for a viewer to tune in and watch. Brutal Moose and Cyberbear are examples.

Thats about it for now, so if anyone is willing to join the team, please drop me a PM! But for security reasons we will need to make sure you have various credentials, ie. social media account for verification. The positions will not be granted before checks are done to ensure they are not someone who would do harm to the site, which we have had issues with in then past 15 years.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

I will be buying 2 copies of each for my personal collection.

Also, 5 of each to drive around Belfast and just throw them out at random spots from the car window.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

Sweet Jesus that exterior Hazuki Dojo comparison screen!!! :shock: :shock:
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any chance of a Collector's Edition?

Tweeting Sega Europe is your friend. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

I've been following the studio for almost a year now and I fell in love with them, so much so, that I wish I had some sort of talent or skills to have a career in game development because I would happily relocate and apply for a post at their company.
The biggest compliment i can give them is their treatment of staff. Every month they have various team building exercises, as well as awards for individual staff members hitting various milestones, such as time spent with the studio, achieving new qualifications and positions etc. Honestly it looks like a fun place to work, but at the same time, extremely professional. As the OP said, they were involved with The Witcher 3 and we all know of the success of that game, but they are also involved in a lot of other great pieces of work, as well as having a good relationship with Sega from their Mega Drive collections.

It's also interesting to note they are a Keywords company, who own Lakysha Digital, who are involved with the development of Shenmue 3. Any sort of cross development between the two certainly wouldn't be too difficult to achieve. But yea, I've had good vibes from them from when I first heard of them, and outside of the major players such as Bluepoint, I couldn't be happier Shenmue HD is in their hands.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come back in a week, when you learn this place isn't based on your individual thoughts or personal circumstance. I must be out of my mind to only issue a ban for a week, but as i said, this place isn't what it was. Your posting attitude is not flying around here anymore, and i wont have it spreading to other members. Every thread in here has been in good spirits with constructive criticism and positivity, even from some of the more hard-line critics we have seen on the boards in recent years.
Come back in a week with a changed attitude or don't come back at all.

Now, this topic is regarding the price point of the games. Keep it on point.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The price is low, but it's an HD up-render, not a remake, so that price was chosen wisely.

Alas, it's still too much for me as I'm completely broke this year. As I've already said in the announcement thread...

Can somebody please bestow upon me a PS4 copy?

I'm sure some of ye fans intend to buy multiple copies anyway, to support the franchise. If possible, please send one PS4 copy my way.

I was never a wealthy gamer, but this year has been the worst for me so far in many a regard and I'll most likely not be able to afford this when it comes out.

I would never donate that stuff to a children's hospital. Most of this stuff is retro and they wouldn't be interested in it, let alone be able to actually appreciate it. The modern stuff would be destroyed by them in a second. You obviously have no idea how children hospitals work. They want durable toys that are easy to use. Maybe some of my stuff would find some use for teenagers at an oncology clinic or other place where you are sustained for a long time, but I still wouldn't donate any of my current stuff to anybody in a hospital because something like that would be a hollow gesture. People like that need real friendships and real goals, not stupid shit like 2 hours of video games per week under surveillance. Used gaming stuff as a donation? Get a fucking grip.

Bit ironic isnt it.

This is the second time you have came back here after 6 years pandering for a free game. There wont be a third.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This wasnt a debate. Your post above...i dont even know where to begin to fathom how your mind works but somehow you bring up killing babies? WTF? But i can assure you that whilst you may think in your own head you sound logical, you are speaking to someone who has worked in a Childrens hospital for over 10 years, so dont even go down the road of your logic knows better than my experience.

In regards to asking for a free game on the site? Not happening.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

Is this still a thing lol

After all we have been through we are getting Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on multiple platforms as well as a Yu Suzuki produced and directed Shenmue 3.

It could be in Times New Roman for all i care now.
by Peter
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

So far, seems like it, yes. At least according to the Gematsu gallery

People should stop shutting down any discussion about the criticisms observed so far with the "It's work in progress" retort.

No shit, it's work-in-progress, we know that...But If we don't voice our concerns now, then when do you suggest voicing it? A month from now? two months from now? Do you know when the game is supposed to be complete? No? Then please stop jumping down people's throats and let us point out the flaws that we can observe from the currently available material.

If by any chance the developer did not intend for those flaws to be "fixed", then at least we could spur them to do so. If they did intend to fix them from the start, then... No harm done? Seriously telling people who want to discuss and point out these flaws that "It's work-in-progress" accomplishes nothing but stifles the discussion. No one appointed you as d3t's spokesman.

Anyway, aside from the wide-screen stuff, there doesn't seem to be any shadows in all Shenmue 2 scenes, which is something that is reminiscent of the X360 version. I hope they fix that too, it made the X360 ver. looks too flat.

EDIT: To be clear, I didn't intend for this post to be a response to what ShenGC said above, it's a response to a general sentiment I've seen in multiple threads here and on other forums and social media since HD remasterd's announcement.

And as I've said, all viewpoints and opinions are welcome here. Negative ones included. Am I going to be happy with 4:3 cutscene ratios or lack of shadows or other graphical misgivings? No.
But what not going to happen, is this forum and this site will not become a hotbed of negativity towards the series it stands for. The tone and attitude of this site will not be what it became during its darkest days. If you are going to post negative opinions and criticisms, that's fine. But what I won't be having is members log in here to pick holes in every screen shot and video released and then leave. There will be positives, hell Shenmue HD and 3 existing are a positive in itself! So there's multiple aspects of the future if Shenmue that can be, and should be praised. Anyone thinking here is the place to go for a whinge and scarcastic comment collection will not be tolerated. Everyone who registers an account here does so with the general assumption that they harbour some sort of like it love for this series, so why anyone would want to join here just to bash it escapes me, and like I said won't be tolerated.

So for those of you who have highlighted the issues with what you have seen so far... What are you actually doing about it? If you are passionate enough to post here about current issues, why are you assuming talking about it here will get the job done? It won't. In this world of social media, why are you not taking to platforms where you can access the people you need to speak to? It's not hard to work out how.

As for shutting down or stifling anything, I haven't seen a single topic locked yet, so I don't know where you are getting that impression. People are posting their thoughts and opinions and just because someone has the total opposite opinion isn't shutting anything down at all. People who disagree with your "thoughts and opinions" are not D3T spokespeople so don't make the accusation again. You haven't mentioned a single positive about this entire event, from its price point to its multiple platform release and how it will potentially benefit sales of Shenmue 3, but you want to have a go at people "stifling" conversation. Yea, I don't think so.
by Peter
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Wait, so hang on. That right there is 100% a cutscene from Shenmue 2. Yet it's not 4:3 or letterboxed? What's going on.

I know we have had our back and forth on here and we are all excited, but I think the best course of action is to be a little bit patient and as Spags said, get some more info here.
by Peter
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

Try and not get too disappointed. The images we have been getting from both Shenmue and Shenmue 2, both in-game and cutscene, have all been a mix of full screen, 4:3 bordered, and 16:9 bordered. It's a little confusing, so it's best to hold off until we get more information from Sega on why exactly this is. The images could just be showing the options the user has at their disposal. We just don't know yet.
by Peter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New batch of screens

Not saying this in terms of graphics, ratios or anything like that. But that image of Ryo staring at the Shenmue Tree gave me chills. I can't believe there will be players out there who will get to experience that for the very first time.
by Peter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

Welcome Allan. Pleasure to have you on the forums!
by Peter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

Thank you so much for your comments on the forums Allan.

If I can ask, have you been working on the project from the beginning, and if so, how did you guys feel when you heard that Shenmue would be your next project? Excited? Nervous? Are there any Shenmue fans at d3t?
by Peter
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

My random Shebmue HD thought is the capsule toy “boobie” prizes of the controller buttons. These were altered for the Xbox version of Shenmue 2, but I wonder wether they will bother changing the ABXY & their respective colours to PS4, Xbox One & Steam controller inputs or just remove them entirely from the gotcha gotcha vending machines.

That's a hell of a good point.
by Peter
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

I can't remember for sure so don't quote me on this, but if I recall correctly it was actually handled by Microsoft who rushed it so that there would be an English dub in time for the Xbox release in the US. That's probably the reason why it's so poor.

Wasn't there an interview years ago with one of the voice actors who, speaking anonymously, said that there was a very strong direction to deliver some of the lines in ways which wouldn't be natural-sounding (to put it mildly) to Westerners? They said that the actors told the director this but the director insisted. It wasn't made clear who the director was, however.

Oh boy that sparked some memories and made me fire up a search:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42218

Bit of a weird one that Yama brought to us when he took over. We had to find footage of specific NPCs in Shenmue 2 in exchange for an unidentified voice actors interview on working on Shenmue. Originally I thought it was Eric Kelso, but when you read it, you can see pretty quickly it's definitely not. Who it is became a mystery. To this day we still don't know who it was, but here's the interview link:

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/2010/behindthemic.html
by Peter
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: May 3rd: 75th Tweetathon

Congratulations Team Yu! That's a post I never thought I would see after all these years. 75 months. Over 6 years. The celebration is well deserved!
by Peter
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Only another $131K for next Kickstarter Goal

I'd say the concept of the stretch goals are now pretty redundant at this stage of development. With extra funding coming from Deep Silver, as well as possibly Sony, an extra studio was brought on board, and elements of the stretch goal table would have been decided upon from a relatively realistic time frame of development.

As for the PayPal staying open, well, why wouldn't they leave it open? It's still a way for money to come in for, I dunno, pie and stuff.
by Peter
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question regarding Gamertag options in under control pan

We can go with Switch FC. I'm not a Nintendo owner so is that what it's called yea?
by Peter
Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question regarding Gamertag options in under control pan

There we go.

We hadnt changed the old Wii U custom profile since the forums will be upgraded in the very near future (more info coming soon) but for now, that's changed so fire away Switch users.

Also, feel free to use another colour of text, but one that's easy on the eyes. A few give off a haze that makes them hard to read. Some have tried to use that colour in the past but it's not worth it in the long run.
by Peter
Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 HD?

Complete notebook entries? Every toy capsule collected? Bad ending reveal? Duck racing unlocked?

This will be platinum we that's for sure!!!
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue 3 images from THQ Nordic financial presentat

The video clip of the Shenmue 3 segment from the presentation has been added to the OP. Thanks to Spaghetti for the editing!
by Peter
Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The video is in the OP. It starts around 1:12:00

phpBB [video]
by Peter
Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Posts have been split from the Kickstarter topic into it's own dedicated thread. It's very much worthy of it!

Holy hell, now THATS Shenhua! The new details on the collar of her top and just the overall details in both of their faces have been tweaked to the closest I've seen yet to the old models.
by Peter
Thu May 17, 2018 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The whole term of polish has a different meaning when using the agile development process. They could be polishing up specific elements that concern Choubu, but still need to work on aspects related to Bailu Village which may not even be at a "needs polish" stage. It's not a linear path, where all the work has been done and we are now approaching the polishing of a playable game. As Spaghetti said, it's still more or less pre alpha, and whilst this footage is relatively new in terms of public display, they are still keeping their cards close to their chest and not revealing what level of completion they are really at. Frustrating? Yes of course it is, but that's been standard with the development of this game. From a spoiler standpoint, and not wanting to see too much if this game until I play it, i have no complaints at all.
by Peter
Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huber Syndrome - Dreams Come True (Shenmue 1&2 HD)

Ex Gametrailers producer and Easy Allies co-founder Michael Huber has released his weekly show, Huber Syndrome. This week, he takes a look at Shenmue 1&2 HD, sharing his love for the series, and also how you should never give up on your dreams. Check it out below.

https://youtu.be/mJhkbtolm_U
by Peter
Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

adom11800 wrote:I think we might all go crazy when we see what the actual game looks like.

Trust me, you will.
by Peter
Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion... As things stand.

But what's important to remember is it's all still in progress, and if they can finally crack Shenhua after all of these years of complaining, then there's no reason why the Ryo model won't be given the same treatment over the course of the coming months.
by Peter
Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

This was pre-Kickstarter though. After it was a success, something might have changed, but at the time SEGA were still being financially very cautious, and we know how long it took them to finally commit to rereleases of the originals.

Actually I think this brings up a point that I'm very interested in. Do we really know when Sega actually committed to the HD versions?

The earliest point i know D3T was working on them is May 2017. But it could have been being worked on long before that.
by Peter
Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I've been with contact with Robert Pontow from Deep Silver, who is working on Shenmue 3.
I told him about Eric Kelso, Paul Lucas, and Lisle Wilkerson, and how they want to return to Shenmue 3. This is his reply:

Hi, thanks for contacting me. Would you have any email addresses of the voice actors, their agents or any other means of contacting them? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to discuss anything over FB, so we would need to take an official way to get in contact with the voice actors. But I am sure that Yu Suzuki would be happy if we can secure the same crew for Shenmue 3. Best regards

This means there is hope yet. I will try to find a way to get in touch with those three, I'll tweet Shenmue AM2 podcast who had been in touch with them recently. If you guys know anything that might help, let me know too

This also confirms my suspicion that they didn't know that the VA's wanted to return

I was talking to Eric this morning. Him, Paul and Lisle have been concerned for a few months now. They talk once a month and still haven't heard a word. Eric has his schedule cleared for the entire year waiting.
by Peter
Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

Are they guessing or are these reliable? Now we have capsule toy collections. That was an absolute must!

I haven't had a chance to suggest the idea to Yu-San (for Shenmue 3...maybe later in the year), but one of the things I would love for Shenmue 3 and also Shenmue 1 is a screen in the inventory that actually displays the collections in order, with blacked out silouettes of what capsules you had left to find. They sort of rectified this in 2 with the circles on the pawn shop flyers, but it would be nice to know what I have, and what I need to get for a full set, instead of tilting my head every 20 seconds to check the Prima Guide.
by Peter
Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shenmuedojo.com is now offline

Just a heads up for anyone that used it, the URL shenmuedojo.com would serve as a redirect to the shenmuedojo.net address where the current site is located. This will now cease to function, and just show a splash placeholder message to anyone who visits it. There will still be links there to the current site, as well as our social media outlets.

The new site has been brought over to the .com URL and we are now constantly working on it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we are ready to launch! When we are ready, the forums will also simultaneously be upgraded and revamped. We will keep you guys updated once we are almost there.

Good times ahead, for both Shenmue games, and the Shenmue Dojo. 8)
by Peter
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic