Search found 516 matches

Return

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

I've been around for a while just haven't logged in.
by James
Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

I wonder whatever happened to Rhayno.G?
by QWERTY
Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picture Association Game!!

I got it Pete, Count of Monte Cristo
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

Hi,

I'm the creator of QTE Champ on XBLIG. I was googling around to see what the general feedback was and found my way here (I've visited the site plenty of times, just never the forums). The first thing I want to do is thank you for finding my game and sharing it with everyone else. The second thing is to tell you that the gameplay video on YouTube that you linked to wasn't uploaded by me so I had no hand in deleting any comments and I'm sorry yours was deleted. I support whatever people have to say about the game positive or negative because all thoughtful feedback is equally valid in my book.

Okay, with that said, let me give a quick blurb about why QTE Champ exists. The game is very obviously Shenmue's QTE Excite 2 arcade game -- and that's exactly what was intended! Back when I had my Dreamcast, I was addicted to both the QTE games in the arcade and for the longest time I wished there was a stand-alone version so that I could play them without starting Shenmue, walking to the arcade, and spending my in-game money. After years of wanting it, I finally just went ahead and made it myself. My hope was that this would bring other fans of the original mini-game like me out from hiding :-)

Every comment that I've seen on the YouTube video so far seems pretty positive and it makes me happy that the game clicked with the intended audience. Also, don't worry about purchasing the full game because I'm going to give you a download code for it. Just PM me so that I at least know this post was seen and read and I'll sent it to you. I also added you on Xbox Live.

Again, thanks for sharing the game with everyone. If you all have any questions let me know.

mseifullah
Hamworks

Edit: Went back and fixed tyops and grammar mistakes -- I originally wrote this post on a tablet.
by mseifullah
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

About Blake:

I think that thing with the Robin reveal at the end is being taken far too seriously. To me, that's just a little nod, like a joke from Nolan. It's mentioned and then quickly disposed with "Hey you should change your name to Robin!!" "Ah yeh whatever."

I thought the character fitted in well. For the whole movie, he is pretty much Robin. Just not in costume. And to me that plays so much stronger to what that movie is all about, with the rise against Bane and the others. Because all Bruce Wayne wanted, as he said in the first movie and even reflects in this one, was that he wanted to inspire people and wanted to say that anyone could be Batman. And so here then in this movie you have this regular guy, who's even less fortunate than Bruce was, being inspired by Batman and just being good to people, providing hope when there wasn't any, and just looking out for his fellow man. He goes as far as Batman without being in costume and I think that couldn't have been handled better to close that aspect of the trilogy in all honesty.

Is it the best movie ever? No. Is it the best of the trilogy. No. But is it a good action blockbuster? Absolutely.
by Tuffty
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Peter wrote:Any other accounts? I dont have the ACP but i shouldnt see a problem with merging accounts etc (unless its not an option)

For the record, that is possible. I have ACP access, let me know if you need help with that.
by Mr. Rod
Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Alright, that's enough!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdP02HKQGc[/youtube]
by KiBa
Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MiTT3NZ & QWERTY™: I have merged all your accounts into your current handles. In case you're wondering, both posts and post count have been transfered to your accounts.
by Mr. Rod
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Sega "Heritage" Collection Trailer

"Play them again for the first time"

What a weird sentence.
by Thief
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

yeah in one of the dojo website discussions I'll try and find it

EDIT: here we go, at the bottom of the page
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44897&p=1002668&hilit=hotlinking#p1002668
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue featured on Modern Marvels

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4rx3F9_NS4[/youtube]

Starts around the 6:20 mark.
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

free copy of Wonder Boy in Monster World if you want it.

Yup just pay for shipping PM me
by Bluecast
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

sure is philosophy 101 in here, so how about some games? I'm really enjoying dead souls, the part with Majima is hilarious, the substories especially, it was a breath of fresh air after akiyama that started to feel a little boring and too serious in the end
by south carmain
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Facebook

Just unsubscribe from updates from boring people, problem solved. It's useful for setting up events and such, something I do.

Peter, added ya'.
by Yama
Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New York Renaissance Faire

http://www.renfair.com/ny/

Has anybody been there? The fair was pretty cool. Tons of mead and beer along with big turkey legs.

If your in the NY area, I suggest you check it out.

They had a guy to throw rotten tomatoes at, lots of archery, knife throwing, and axe throwing. It was just a great time.

Group photo.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/185074_10151227975441320_843705823_n.jpg

I'm holding the mead of course.
by shengoro86
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AG Pete is right I changed the topic title I should have asked but now Pete has the power to change it back. He-Man! I was Skeletor Pete is He-Man. Hey my avatar and sig look like Skeletor. I must have Castle Greyskull back!

***MEANWHILE AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE***
by Bluecast
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

This is such a bad ass track

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAAp2qWMHI[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

It's such a relief not seeing "Administration Control Panel" at the bottom of the page anymore.

Also dear god I'm hope I'm right but after all the people getting shit off their chests which is healthy and I got shit off my chest in a rebel without a cause fashion. Hopefully now things can be normal again.
by Bluecast
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

@Peter Have you ever seen The Conversation? Enemy of the State references it enough that it almost seems like a sequel. Its not as fast paced or action oriented as Enemy of the State, but still a great film. If you haven't, Check it out!
by Rakim
Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't agree with everything AG says, but I can sympathize with his over all sentiment somewhat. I recognize the dojo less and less lately. Not even unmodding Ryudo, which everyone felt was the shinning silver bullet to all the problems and drama of the place has panned out quite like everyone may have expected if gaming thought a few days ago was any indication. I still see some deeply fractured cracks in the community that at best seem only obscured by the total overhaul. To be fair, I feel I must give kudos to Yama for trying so hard in what he feels are all great changes to the site. Passion to make things better is commendable even if ones views cannot always be reconciled with the same vision. Stagnation can just as easily cause as much harm as the wrong change. All the more so, that he would acknowledge and address concerns from animegamer rather than brushing such sentiments under the rug.

I just feel some what of a sting when I see an iconic board like the junk forum that has always been a part of the dojo up and deleted outright. It was never the most philosophical place of discussion, but I think it helped add to the over all flavor and personality of the place. It had qualities that are harder to quantify than something one can place on a spread sheet. When I was a moderator, I likely would have agreed with all of this. My view of perfection was total order. No clutter, no disorganization. Rules always enforced to the letter in a black and white interpretation of a terms of service. It's only now in my later years that I see some what of an intangible quality that is lost in the apparent squashing of any perceivable chaos.

In any event, the dye is cast and no ones opinion can halt change forever. Ryudo's staff departure marks a polarizing in the staffs resolve to overrule any form of dissension that contrasts the greater vision and is a reality we must all come to terms with if we are to stay. I am forced to consider the possibility that perhaps this is in fact the Shenmue Dojo as it was intended to be at this stage in it's life and members like Ryudo/Animegamer and myself are just relics of a begone era that are now the odd piece out in the new order, not the elements we now find alien to ourselves. Our dojo is now dead and a new dojo for a new generation has taken it's place. The last remnants of the old republic have been swept away. Such is the will of the Force. I would call upon animegamer and ryudo at this point to let the remainder of this matter go. There is no more to be further accomplished.
by Sonikku
Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Linux Users

I've just really started using Linux; I'm mainly using Fedora (although I have used Ubuntu), since Fedora's the closest (except for perhaps CentOS) to Red Hat.

Speaking of Red Hat, they very kindly (if slightly randomly) sent a cake to the office where I work today for a ten year anniversary.
by Ash
Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Nice peter. Great stylish pic you sex machine.
Hows the quality? Worth it? Can you do a video review and some action shots on the go?
jk. I want one.
Yay or nay?
by Axm
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

So, who's responsible for this: http://shenmuestare.blogspot.com/

I don't believe he's an active member here, but ShenmueStare is a good chap and has contributed heavily towards the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense campaign. The more outlandish campaign videos were made by him.

Whilst I agree that not allowing gay marriage is stupid, I see logic behind it in that it will allow them the same rights to adopt as straight married couples. I honestly don't think it's fair on the kid, even if they turned out to be great parents. On the flip side though, I'm a human and am 'raising' a cat.

My views are somewhat the opposite. In regards to gay marriage, well it's not that I have a problem with it, but I just really can't work out why exactly gay people want to be married in say a traditional catholic manner for example. Those certain orthodox religious sects clearly have rejected gay people, so why would a gay person desire to take part in one their rituals? Gay people are already more or less entitled to all the same benefits as married couples, through having a civil partnership (at least over here). So, it's just that very traditional religious ritual that's missing, and as as I said, I can't quite understand why gay people would want to be a part of a ritual that's so intrinsic to a group of people who mostly outright reject them. I mean, if the church clearly doesn't want you to take part in one of it's old rituals, why bother wasting time complaining about it and trying to force them to let you? Does it not make more sense to have your own ritual and celebration that has nothing to do with that old fashioned section? As I said, I don't have a problem with it, but if the benefits are already equal why give a shit about a ritual?

I do support gay adoption though. The usual argument of "the kids will get bullied" is just such a weak one, in my opinion. Kids can get bullied for every and any reason you can possibly think of! They can get bullied due to having parents who are Jehovah's Witness, they can get bullied for having parents who are poor, parents who are Muslim. parents who are unemployed. Kids can bullied for ANYTHING! And gay couples are much more accepted these days anyway. I really wouldn't put any money on a random child from a random heterosexual parent family being any happier than a random child coming from a homosexual family. There are a LOT of kids that are in need a stable family home, and there aren't enough heterosexual couples willing to take them in. Do you really think growing being bounced around different temporary children's homes and foster families is in some way better than being raised under a stable pair of loving gay parents? It's not.
by mue 26
Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

A naked black man tearing up petrol station.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-Oe9yKVCM[/youtube]

They guy singing "black man don't care" had me in stiches! XD
by Martin
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who Really Cares? wrote:

:lol: Webcam of Blue being demoted?
by KiBa
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Are you using 104 r136? How's the emulation? Any major glitches? (hair etc.)

the 104 version is really good, but i'm using the old glitchy version for those screenshots

I love seeing Takumi post. An old time vet, who doesn't get enough credit.

Wude, first of all i dont mean to sound like an ass, because i have no idea of the technical aspect of it all. But that shot you posted may be a bad angle from my point of view. I mean for HD, its a bad shot. What i am looking at specifically is the doorway on the left, and the fact that you cannot make out the poster on the window of the door. If it was in true HD then you could. Also, look down the bottom of the street yea? You cannot really read the black katana on the lamp post sign. Again that, to me, should be pretty sharp. I mean the SEGA sign at the top has came out awful.

Sorry again i dont mean to bash work i dont know who to create, but i just think theres a lot going on in that pic that it hasnt came off too well as HD. Or maybe its the snowflakes throwing the focus off, i dunno. But typing that has just made me hope and pray that this is the reason Shenmue HD is taking so long to come along!!

i see what you mean, and i love to get feedback, i can't change low res textures but the sharpness problem is caused by using a special filter, here is the original pic ;-)

http://i.imgur.com/JRaep.jpg
by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: I love seeing Takumi post. An old time vet, who doesn't get enough credit.

Thanks mate. :)

I'm going to spend a bit of time with 104 today, see if it's any better than the last build I used.
by Takumi
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Peter wrote:Have you finished Shenmue 3 yet Wude? Been waiting patiently, almost 10 years like.......

Not yet, too busy browsing the dojo :lol:
by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

The VGM wrote:?
Sent: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:44 pm
To: Martin

You're a white nerd.

This is the oldest PM in my box, and probably the best. :lol:
by Martin
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace Attorney 5.

Ace Attorney 5 is basically being developed by the Investigations team. Takumi (the writer for Ace Attorney 1-4) will not have a major role in the development.

It will come out on 3DS.

Already confirmed for a Western release, however there are currently no release dates for any country.

Phoenix will be the main character, but Eshiro (the producer) has a made a point of the fact that Apollo Justice has not been retconned.

Some minor plot points released as publicity:

There will be a new side-kick; Maya is apparently in training in Kurain.

This game will take place one year after Apollo Justice.

The first case will be about a bombing in the Courthouse.

Payne's younger brother is the first prosecutor.

The theme of the story is "dark days for the law"; this is following from Phoenix's comment in case four of Apollo Justice.

The chain on Phoenix's jacket is from the locket that has Trucy's picture in it.

There will be more information released during TGS.
by Ash
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

:eekwtf: Isn't the piggy in Fuku-San's room?
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Perhaps, but its my free choice to do so. If you disagree with thats fine, of course you are entitled to disagree. But dont disrespect my decision to do so by using it to claim that i dont like playing video games when thats not the case at all. You are wrong on that one.
This is exactly what I said to you:

I'm sorry , Peter, but it seems you simply don't like video games per se.
There is nothing disrespectful in that and I was merely saying how it seems to me.
by Dorian
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last Of Us

After seeing the initial convention demos and, especially, the newest trailer put up on PSN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjQZP_rp5E

...I'm totally sold.
I think I'll be trying to do a media blackout on this like I did with Uncharted 3. I don't want to see anything else until I actually play the game.
by OL
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

^Yeah I had that in the US and also thought it tasted like chicken. It's weird all these animals are pretty rare to eat in the UK or certain parts of the US while we happily eats cows, sheep and chickens.
by Riku Rose
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

I take that as a compliment. I'm hoping you mean Noel Gallagher not one of the Japanese girls :lol:
by Rakim
Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

The Killers are awesome
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help buying a Tablet PC

The Tab 2 I can only really find for just under £199. It's 195 here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OY3H4/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

Should you go with that Samsung are doing a cash back offer meaning you get £30 back bringing it down to £165. I recently did a cash back offer with them on a laptop and got it no hassle it just took awhile. You need to buy it by the end of the month.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/?pid=uk_promotion_home_banner5_tab2promo_20120802

Should you shop at Tesco you can get it for £198 plus the £30 cash back but also 1000 clubcard points.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/special-offer/extra-1000-clubcard-point-with-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-free-delivery/promo14130080.promo

John Lewis also do it for the same price but you get a free 2 year warranty over the one year everyone else offers.

If you want I can look for some offers on the Nexus.
by Riku Rose
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favorite SEGA Console

Genesis/Megadrive easily.
Never had a Saturn, but I've looked through its library of games many times, and there are still only a scant few gems that really catch my attention. And the Dreamcast is great, and has a few of the greatest exclusives ever, but I think the system gets built-up a little too much by "cult" gamers these days as some kind of golden shining moment in gaming history, going on about some kind of nonexistent "cohesion" between the various Sega-made games in its library and whatnot. But at the end of the day, I just see it as another gaming console with only a small few games that truly appeal to me. Granted, some of those games are among the greatest ever made, but the amount of them is far too small for me to give much credit to the DC itself.

The Genesis is pure gold, though. The original Sonic games are near perfection, and the system is home to a huge host of brilliantly fun titles.
Rocket Knight Adventures, Ranger X, Shining Force, Wings of Wor, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes, Flashback, Shinobi III, Bonanza Brothers, Target Earth, Landstalker, Phantasy Star series, Alisia Dragoon, Beyond Oasis, Rolling Thunder series, Uncharted Waters and New Horizons... the list goes on and on.
So many games with so few negative points to them.
More than almost any other era of gaming, the 16-bit era was all about good, simple fun . And the Genesis/MD was absolutely exemplary of that.
by OL
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

I'm going to buy this tonight! I loved QTE Excite 2. Any chance for QTE Title???

It's in development!

When it's done and ready for release, I'll make a thread with a gameplay video. When it's actually released, I'll make sure to let you and the rest of the forum know. And I'll be here with download codes to giveaway as well.

Thanks for the support. Sincerely, I mean it.
by mseifullah
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Started with getting Wide Screen HD images of Shenmue 2. Here's the first 2 I took.

3 Blades St.

Pop Ice Cream

by wdrpgwd
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where??? I didnt see any, or is this an insiders tip?

Also, for someone who is supposed to be a huge Shemmue fan, i have NEVER been in Pop Ice Cream!! :-O

ah just saw people reposting the ones from march and may.

Wonder if it'll get announced leading up to sonic adventure 2 or after. I'm thinking its going to happen though. To be completely honest, I think Jet set Radio is a bit more of a niche thing then shenmue. Think about it, most JSR/JSRF communities are just folded into other ones. Shenmue communities have been born, become popular, lost people, died, and other sites have popped up. I mean shit, the Dojo has been around and active for years. If they've tapped a community significantly smaller then ours for money, it makes sense they'll try and make a dash for our wallets as well.

(and I say let them, milk me like the milky holsteen I am, moooooooooooo)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

May I just say that this might be the greatest thread I've ever seen on a forum. You guys rock, and it's nice to be able to post again.

:)
by Martin
Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic