Search found 516 matches

Return

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Yokosuka wrote:This is the ugliest thing I've seen in my life.

Well after you said that you would personally feel betrayed if Lan Di smiled once in a way that displeased you, I don't think anyone here seriously cares what you think.
by Enigma
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - ONE WEEK LEFT

Yu is ready to go!

Edit: the restaurants in the background reveals he is at the Haneda airport terminal.

Tweet: "I'll be heading to Gamescom now".

by Switch
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unused Tape Recordings found

I found some unused audio while looking through the scene file of the tape listening scene.

There are some unfinished / alternate takes on conversations as well as very curious other inclusions.
I really wonder what they were thinking with these. My guess is that they were just trying things out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZrU0OC19hY
by BlueMue
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Long time forum reader, rare poster. The game looks absolutely stunning in the video and screenshots. I think it is very important to keep in mind that a lot of this footage we have pretty much had confirmed was shown to the 10K backers a year ago. This as Yu says is a small peak at the work they have been doing and to me its mindblowing to think how far this will have come in the past year. I did prefer the previous logo but a minor detail. Yu is clearly an astute guy and i for one have full confidence in the project. Dont get the negative comments this is clearly WIP and we only seeing a very small part of it!!

Peter / Spaghetti just want to say you guys and a number of others do an amazing job on here. Cant wait to see what more comes out this week \:D/
by rbm58
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

I relatively happy with new screens. I think Ryo's model is coming along nicely.

Anyone get vibes from previous Shenmue art work from this screenshot?

http://shenmue.link/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/S3_Ctsn_0831_03.jpg

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/ryoEDGE.jpg
by code l name
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Peter wrote: Thank you!! I spent ages looking for that exact image earlier!

You are welcome. It's one of my favourite pieces from Shenmue and I think perfectly encapsulates what makes the series so special.
by code l name
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BlueMue's Shenmue Blog

Well, I figured I can't make videos on my YouTube channel for every little thing that I wan't to say about Shenmue so I took the great example that is Switch's Phantom River Stone and made my own little Shenmue blog!

Yeah I know, name and design are "very" creative but it's just purpouseful. Not much to see on there yet but I'm sure there'll be many thing to post about and lots of content in the near future.

BlueMue's Shenmue Blog
by BlueMue
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo interview with Yu Suzuki (Gamescom 2017)

It was a short interview but the questions were good and the answers.
by The_Intruder
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you so much for the interview Peter!
by Hazuki00
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Peter, great job on the interview! And thanks to everyone else behind the scenes.
by Switch
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Dojo

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Dojo will be moving forward starting today and into new hands. Congratulations to Peter, a dedicated member willing to put Shenmue first at all costs. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have 110% faith and comfort in this decision. I'll remain an administrator and contribute more freely going forward, however he will be leading the overall project from here on out.

I want to be clear when I say in no way is the original vision from when I took over Shenmue Dojo changing, but instead being built upon. There's no brighter time to do so than now. When I originally took the site over, Shenmue was in a dark place but I pushed to make the site Shenmue centric again in hopes of the series regaining relevance. I believe that challenge was achieved, however now with Shenmue at the literal forefront thanks to Shenmue III, it's time for the site to move forward along with the series.

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to be clear on why I'm doing this. In no way is it a lack of passion, my heart has always been with Shenmue and still is. I've since however created my own business that has consumed every second of my time and then some, so while that goal was achieved and I'm thankful for it, I believe Shenmue Dojo deserves more time than I'm able to dedicate. It's with a heavy heart I'm doing this, but the passion Peter has shown for the project filled it with joy and excitement.

Over the past year or so I did work on a new site. The idea was to be a mobile first, responsive site and bring things up to date with a central focus on community, social integrations and the like.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

With a site as historic as Shenmue Dojo, it's tough to pull the trigger on anything quickly or without heavy consideration. While this will likely just end up as inspiration or a base for the future project at this point, I fully support Peter and the rest of our teams ideas going forward. Having so many working iterations to brainstorm with, the future will only benefit from it and with Shenmue III nearing, it'll be perfect timing.

I ask that everyone approaches the new leadership with respect and the willingness to think outside of the box. Please trust that the entire team, not just myself or Peter, is leading with our heart and has the best interest of Shenmue at the forefront of our minds every step of the way.

Thank you for all of the support over the years, I really do love and cherish the relationships I've built here.

Take care.
Yama
by Yama
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Email activation for new members & forum amendments

Never understood why the Dojo needed it's own news section. It's like giving a rabbit the ability to say the phrase "Ey up, pass us the remote luv!"
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Greetings backers!
Today we have something very special indeed for you.
Throughout this campaign, many people have voiced their concerns that newcomers to the Shenmue series may feel alienated. Currently, there is no easy or convenient way to play Shenmue I and II without original Dreamcast/Xbox hardware and that's something we'd like to change.

We don't have the budget to fund fully fledged HD remasters of the first two games. But we're not going to let this stop us from bringing new fans a way to enjoy Shenmue I and II.

After much hard work, we proudly present to you: Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure novel!

https://i.imgur.com/G2vwAUj.png

A Story Retold:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure is a complete retelling of the original two games in interactive novel form. Story and progression awaits you with every page turn. Much like the original video adaptation of the game, you can directly control Ryo's decisions and effect the way in which the story plays out.

https://i.imgur.com/WrGntty.jpg

New Features:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure will also include extra features that were not previously available in the original games. An example of this is the ability to save anywhere in Shenmue I with the included 'Save Anywhere' bookmark!

https://i.imgur.com/mKn1IXo.png

Modding API:

And finally, here's something all you modders and hackers will love. For the first time EVER , an official modding API will be available for Shenmue I and II. With this powerful and flexible API you can do almost anything; from tweaking the story to your liking, to using our advanced 'book engine' to make something completely different. The possibilities are endless. The only limit is your imagination!

https://i.imgur.com/WqH7NS0.png

That about wraps up our special announcement. We hope that you're just as excited as we are for Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure .
Be sure to catch us at E3 this June where we will have a playable demo available for the public to enjoy.

Many thanks for your continued support:
- The Awesome Japan Team and YS.NET

As always Dojo, have a great April!
by Jibby
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

Pervert!

Locked onto Joy and held RT+Down for 30 seconds.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

I made a list about 7 years ago that I posted in another topic around here.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49470&p=1125798#p1125798

Darts Pro
Finish a Darts 7 game with a score of 500 or more

Neo Darts Pro
Finish a Neo Darts game with a score of 400 or more

Endless QTE
Reach 100.000 points at Excite QTE 2

Prize Fighter
Reach 250.000 points at QTE Title

Winning Run
Earn 7.500.000 points in Hang-On

Squilla Killa
Earn 7.500.000 points in Space Harrier

Cool Gambler
Collect 1000 tokens at the slot house

I won!
Win the 1st , 2nd or 3rd prize at the raffle

Sega Collector
Get one of the toy capsule consoles

Music Freak
Buy all cassette tapes

Master of all arts
Learn all the martial arts techniques

Training always pays off
Train a move to the maximum level

Clean getaway
Win a fight with full health

Photo album of 1986
Find and get all photos

Walkie Talkie
Talk to every shop owner in town

Around the clock
Reach a total playtime of 24 hours

Half a marathon
Run for a total of 21098 meters

Target locked
Lock on to a total of 100 objects

As strong as a hundred men
Defeat a total of 100 enemies

Blockhead
Collide with walls or objects a total of 200 times

Fast reflexes
Reach an average QTE reaction time of 0,99 seconds or less

Now that's an achaivement
Do something you thought would be impossible

Secret achievements

All good deeds shall be rewarded
Helped the old lady in Sakuragaoka

Welcome to the city
Reached Dobuita

Billards Pro
Sunk the ball in one shot at the MJQ Jazz Bar

A tattoo on his arm
Found Charlie

A kitten named...
Gave the little kitten a name

Mysterious letter
Received the letter to Iwao

Quencher
Gave Wang something to drink

104 Directory
Used the telephone directory to find out where area 61 is

Earth and Sea
Reached the harbor

An old friend
Made friends with the homeless man at the harbor

Heaven, Dragon, Earth, Comrad
Met Master Chen

The secret of the Hazuki Dojo
Found the hidden basement of the Hazuki Dojo

Got it!
Found the phoenix mirror

Destination Hong Kong
Bought a ticket to Hong Kong

Damn punks
Learned about the Mad Angels

Working man
Found a job at the harbor

Grand Prix
Won the forklift race

Hats off to the hard working man
Delivered all crates on a day at work

The Mad Angels are after you
Caught the attention of the Mad Angels

You're not getting away this time
Defeated Charlie at the harbor

Who's the boss?
Found out who's the leader of the Mad Angels

Can I use your motorcycle?
Reached the harbor in time

All your fault
Saved Nozomi from the Mad Angels

You and what gang?
Defeated Terry's entire gang

Heegh
Defeated Chai

Departure on a new trip
Completed the game
by BlueMue
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

At least at first glance that looks fine to me. What exactly is wrong with it and what would you do different?
I agree, the new HUD elements look fine to me. The clock needs to be generic looking to ditch the Timex branding since they're not re-licensing that. Some of it was weird at first and almost too smooth, but that's just because we're used to seeing the original. I will say that Esppiral's comparison screenshots on the previous page do look better to me than the ones Sega released, however it's an unfair comparison to make at the moment. Smoothing and filtering options are used for his images, and on PC you'll be able to force that stuff anyway via graphics card options. It's still possible those options could be exposed in-game as well.

Monday's batch of screenshots basically indirectly confirmed that aspect ratio will be an option (as we've now seen Shenmue 2 cutscenes in true 16x9 and also in 4x3 but letterboxed to 16x9 like the original was) so that's not something I'm worried about anymore although there's still no evidence that we'll get actual 16x9 cutscenes in Shenmue 1. Aside from that I'm not concerned about any graphical problems being introduced to the first game, since they're basing it on the original code and the team working on it knows what they're doing. For Shenmue 1 it's going to be the definitive way to play almost certainly.

But I will say that I still agree with some concerns about the second game. It's very likely that the problems introduced in the Xbox port will not be fixed. Sega contracted them to port the games and dictates the requirements for the project. D3T is going to do exactly what Sega requests from them, and if correcting the mistakes introduced in that version is not something that was requested, it will not happen. The people responsible for these decisions are not going to have the same knowledge of the game differences that the fans do. It's likely that they're not even aware of the differences and will just be doing comparisons against the Xbox version. Unless reverting the geometry changes is a planned change then it won't be happening. I'm buying it either way, but I'm disappointed that they're basing the area geometry on the Xbox port. (And before anyone goes all "but these are WIP" on me for this paragraph, re-read it again or just ignore this part completely. We don't know what their plans are, but they chose to cherry pick images with Xbox geometry intact and I personally believe they won't fix it. My opinion about that will be the same at release if it remains as-is, and I'll be very happy if I'm wrong or someone makes them aware of the situation and they decide oh we should change this. I'm still satisfied with the fact that this is happening at all)

First, I'll increase Ryo's health bar by increasing the contrast and making the "yellow status" more vibrant.
You're forgetting how that works. It pulses in and out, they just took the screenshot at a low point. If it works the same way as it does in the original there's nothing wrong with that image.
by Sappharad
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

What I don't understand is, how come, if the cutscenes are really going to be in the original 4:3 ratio that this screen capture from a Shenmue 2 cutscene in the announcement trailer is in 16:9 ratio?

by Kiske
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

May 3rd: 75th Tweetathon

https://s14.postimg.cc/fezwdduw1/May3rd-_Dojo.png

Hello Dojo! As you're probably aware by now, Shenmue I+II are available to preorder , which brings a close to the #SaveShenmueHD campaign. So what happens next?

This Thursday, May 3rd, marks the 75th edition of the monthly Shenmue Tweetathon, so there's no better opportunity as an organized community to celebrate #ShenmueSaved, the hashtag chosen by Sega to promote their upcoming release. There'll also be giveaways throughout the day on the @TeamYu Twitter account, posing questions based on the Campaign Timeline available on the newly updated TeamYu.net .

With the campaign project reaching its conclusion, from June onwards fans are invited to continue tweeting an all-purpose #Shenmue hashtag every 3rd to help promote the series in a viral fashion, attracting new interest in Shenmue I+II and Shenmue III to drive sales and support the future of the franchise. Above all, it's just a really fun way to connect with other fans around the world and share in our enthusiasm for a legendary video game, so it would be wrong to let the tradition go to waste now that the campaign is over. We can all just enjoy it now, as it's become as much a part of being a Shenmue fan as looking for sailors and drinking soda in a very particular way. :)

We'd like to thank everyone for your support throughout the campaign, and have gone into more detail on this via Facebook . We hope to see you on Thursday for the 75th Tweetathon celebration!
by Team Yu
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

My random Shebmue HD thought is the capsule toy “boobie” prizes of the controller buttons. These were altered for the Xbox version of Shenmue 2, but I wonder wether they will bother changing the ABXY & their respective colours to PS4, Xbox One & Steam controller inputs or just remove them entirely from the gotcha gotcha vending machines.
by Scribe86
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion... As things stand.

But what's important to remember is it's all still in progress, and if they can finally crack Shenhua after all of these years of complaining, then there's no reason why the Ryo model won't be given the same treatment over the course of the coming months.
Yep. Plus Yu has said he's finally happy with the way Shenhua looks, but to my knowledge he has not said that about Ryo yet. Don't panic, Shenhua shows that everything is moving in the right direction.
by KidMarine
Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

I know I made a joke about how the models keep changing but I find it hard too see how you people can care so much when it’s changing constantly. Honestly I think that they’ve been silly to show some stuff in teasers, trailers or screenshots when it looks so rough but they’ve shown that they’re going to keep changing it. Any other game if a model looks weird in a trailer it’s probably going to look weird when it’s released but it’s been clear for awhile now that nothing is final until the game is shipped.

All people seem to do is complain about a model or face for 3 months then complain about the new one when that’s shown. I can understand saying this is bad marketing constantly showing rough footage and I’d argue every time they do this they’re hurting potential sales (See Mass Effect Andromina). But I’m just at the point where I don’t care as I’ve got the game preordered and we most likely won’t see the final models until reviewers post footage up for their video reviews at this point.
by Riku Rose
Mon May 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Project Update #82: Shenhua Finds Her Voice!

https://i.imgur.com/hm801MF.jpg

It is now official! Voice actress Haruka Terui will be the voice of Shenhua Ling, the heroine of this story facing the adventures ahead with Ryo.

From the Recording Studio
The leading parts are cast and the Japanese voice recording is steadily moving ahead. The crew poses for a shot below taking a break from the excitement and emotion of the recording studio session.

https://i.imgur.com/AjxtgyN.jpg
From left: Sound Director Nakamura-San, Mr. Matsukaze, Ms. Terui, and Yu-San

https://i.imgur.com/PzZc7V5.jpg
Look at that smile! That’s the one, Masaya!

https://i.imgur.com/9OQSmS6.jpg
Leading lady Haruka Terui!

https://i.imgur.com/EX5UakH.jpg
Inside the recording booth…

Besides our leading couple of Masaya and Haruka, recording for the other Japanese cast members is ongoing daily! When the English voicing is all set, we will be sure to have an update.

Links: Kickstarter Update #82 | Forum Discussion | Masaya Matsukaze Twitter | Haruka Terui Blog
by James Brown
Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Those weren't Bailu, they were posted on Muecas as cut areas before reaching Guilin, I believe. See this topic and its links: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49676&hilit=miao#p1129948
by Supa
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

I was more hyped about the video, and the little girl from Bailu village being voice acted and fully animated. Fuck yes!

Lol I was so busy reading the survey instructions that I didn't even look notice there was a video, I thought it was an image, and even then I didn't even focus my eyes on it... Paddy had to point it out to me lol

Looks and sounds great! All starting to feel so real now!! Little confused about the upgrades on the survey (as I want to upgrade a little bit to the Guest Book tier, but it seems as if the $250 tier is the top?) so have emailed them to see if there is any way to do it.

Looks like we are getting all the Shenmue news these days! Very excited for the Survey, the stream tonight and then of course the announcement on the 3rd :D
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

Yea forget all the positives.

New screenshots arrive, So let's get out the red pens and clip boards and get stuck in with the negativity. It's sad. It really is.

So far I feel pretty good about the direction of the HD collection, I can of course see the difference when screen shots are side by side. I don't think they have presented anything yet that has me concerned.
by Wolfgame
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

Yea forget all the positives.

New screenshots arrive, So let's get out the red pens and clip boards and get stuck in with the negativity. It's sad. It really is.
I wouldn't worry much about it because those could very possibly be from a beta build, many things usually get fixed and optimised before release, and can even be patched after release as well.
by masterchan777
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD £15.30/€17.70 Steam Key (EU/UK)

I will mod the hell out of it.
by Esppiral
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD £15.30/€17.70 Steam Key (EU/UK)

Came across this earlier today and bought a few copies. Cheapest price currently on the market.

https://www.voidu.com/en/shenmue-i-ii

Use codes SCHOOLSOUT or SUMMER18 at checkout for this price.

VoidU are an approved digital partner of SEGA.
http://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgSQgSWWsAA6rNV.jpg:large
by ShenSun
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Info + Details of S1&2 from Adam Koralik (7th July)

https://youtu.be/efAwKp02yDs

+ Bloom optional (enabling/disabling motion blur not confirmed yet)
+ Supports original resolution (480p) alongside higher resolution (1080p)
+ Gameplay sections playable in original 4:3 alongside widescreen
+ Fast loading times (1-2 seconds on base ps4/xb1 hardware)
- No micro-transactions
- No passport disc :*-( (alongside online features like leaderboards)
- No ingame product-placement

More videos+information coming soon from Adam and the official SEGA Europe channels
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

Hopefully he's just evolving into bolognese.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

I appreciate all the work you have done for this site Peter.

I remember you from the very early days here, and it's difficult to comprehend the amount of patience, time, and how much we have evolved as a community.

Just to think that we did not have many of the resources we have today, no youtube, no wikipedia, I believe it was Miles Prowers website where I obtained most of my information on the various characters in Shenmue.

I hope that you decide to archive the old forums, I really enjoy reading through some of the old posts and looking at the timeline history to how much we have achieved.
by PILMAN
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

Im more concerned about the animation thats going to be applied to these graphics. From what they've shown, they've proven they don't understand animation basics.

Oh, really? What do you think is more likely... that the professionals working on Shenmue III somehow have landed this job without understanding animation basics? Or that a consumer who has been shown work-in-progress footage doesn't understand what they're seeing in regards to the overall game development schedule?
by Centrale
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Yama
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by DigitalDuck
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Jump to topic