Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Looking for the Sega Piano Nocturne CD

I have a copy but I don't have access to my collection at the moment due to moving/etc. I should be able to get a hold of it in the next week or two, so if no one else comes up with it by then I'd be more than happy to help you out.
by Sean
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major League Baseball

Yama wrote: Dodgers suck worst than the Mets. That is... what the fuck is going on here?

by Sean
Fri May 10, 2013 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4

All things considered after Day 1 of E3 it is clear that the PS4 is, above all else, a genuine GAMING platform. Sony has learned from its mistakes with the PS3 and has crafted a concise (integrated) marketing campaign centered around games and gaming culture. Period.

In juxtaposition Microsoft's Xbox "One" is a platform that in effect subjugates the user to play on Microsoft's terms through having to deal with a force-fed online interface and restrictions of choice and freedom. Not to mention that the system itself is basically a glorified NFL fantasy forum stuffed inside a Roku Player which is then all jammed inside a VCR case....A TURD-uken of consoles if you will.
by Sean
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao's Scroll | Welcome Edition

Thanks Peter. Yama and I spent a lot of time thinking about ways to set up new features for the site and we ultimately decided that the scroll was the way to go in terms of being able to talk about a wide variety of subjects.

On a side note, I encourage everybody to go and check out Andrew's work which we profiled in the scroll and to visit his page for his upcoming project, Ryo's Footsteps 2 . His hard work and dedication to the series is nothing short of commendable.

Cool idea. But why "hazure"?

I wanted to have something involved with the Tomato Mart be a part of that particular section and I thought using 'hazure' would be interesting. While receiving the hazure card in the Shenmue's raffle means you don't win anything, it still means that you made some sort of effort in order to draw a ticket to begin with. The same goes with the award that is within our scroll feature; you don't win anything tangible but you are nonetheless recognized for performing/creating something valuable.

Hope everybody enjoys the feature and hopefully it can lead to some lively and creative discussion moving forward.
by Sean
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao's Scroll | Welcome Edition

mue 26 wrote: Wow just read this, brilliant idea gentlemen. Kudos. And on a slightly (very) off topic note, are you a non-Japanese Japanese neo-nationalist, Sean?

Thanks for reading, and you can check your pm in regards to your question.
by Sean
Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate Shenmue: The World Video Game Hall of Fame

There is plenty of time to create a swell of support for this nomination, and I feel that in conjunction with the monthly 'Tweetathon' this could be another tool at our disposal to put the series out into the public sphere in a relevant manner. Regardless of what happens next week at E3, there is no reason why we can't use stories such as this to highlight the series and the work that our diverse community has done recently.
by Sean
Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum name changed from "Future of Shenmue" to...

Only 500K left to go, we're gonna hit those benchmarks faster than you can say Kikizo.
by Sean
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

We're back over $3.2 Mil thanks to a lot of backers who upped their pledges, I added myself just now.

If these troll backers think they are being funny they have another thing coming...
by Sean
Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Properly Upscaled to 4K

A lot has been said, as of late especially, regarding the high production costs of the series and many in the gaming MSM have been using that fact as a opportunity to take baseless pop shots. With screens like these however, it is clear that there was a clear reason why the game was produced in the manner in which it was and we are still reaping the benefits to this day.

The fact that a game as old as S1 looks this good on the most modern tech, from the sheer color saturation to the crisp image quality is a testament to how ahead of time and advanced the game (and the development behind it) truly was.
by Sean
Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Music

Not sure if Flipper's Guitar has been mentioned in here, but they were a great band for the short amount of time they were together.

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

They left a freelance in charge of their site who created a negative clickbait article that tried to discredit the Shenmue Kickstarter. That's just sheer incompetence. And then they take the reins back and offer "sympathy" to Shenmue fans? Fuck sympathy, how about support ?

At the very, very least it is indicative of a lack of quality editorial control and judgement. To then post a rather patronizing damage control "article" in a attempt to make amends is just pathetic... :roll:
by Sean
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

From the email:

Looks like it will be included in all higher rewards.
by Sean
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/sega-learned-about-making-quality-games-from-atlus-aim-to-regain-trust-from-players/

At least they have started to acknowledge their shortcomings...of the last decade. Suppose they could start with something small, like Shenmue HD :idea: :lol:
by Sean
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gametrailers play Shenmue 2

Dude i felt like an absolute dick. I actually broke their stream. I didnt laugh.

Wasn't your fault at all and they didn't blame you for anything. Their fault for playing on X360 really :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, they gave me crap about only taking the two elevator keys on the 18th floor. I merely mentioned that they could take them all but that they only needed the two :lol:
by Sean
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

Polygon has a decent article about the milestone we hit this morning: http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/17/899121 ... rted-video

Hopefully more outlets will continue to follow suit.
by Sean
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2:16 = :shock:

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This thread needs more Takao Tajima

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite movie scenes

The ending of Sonatine:

phpBB [video]

Scene from Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl:

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Statement Regarding PayPal/Slacker Backer Rewards

Dear Members,

In light of the recent controversy regarding the active PayPal Slacker Backer campaign and the respective polling that was conducted, we at the Dojo feel that it is important to set the record straight and to provide the community at-large with an accurate briefing on what has transpired.

Following up an initial earlier poll that was posted via Twitter, a second poll was conducted which was open to all backers of the Kickstarter campaign which terminated many months ago. This poll, which ran from 12/24/2015 to 1/01/2016, asked participants whether or not Kickstarter “Exclusive Rewards” should be made available for the Slacker Backer campaign. While the results of the polling and the responses from the over 15,000 participants were rather mixed, it was ultimately decided that the “Exclusive” Rewards would not be made available on the PayPal page as originally stipulated.

Following this announcement within the Kickstarter Project Update #51, there was much confusion and uncertainty regarding the status and validity of the entire PayPal campaign. It was postulated by some that all backers of the campaign would not receive the rewards they thought they confirmed with their contributions, with some going further to state that the backers would receive no rewards at all. This could not be farther from the truth and is a gross misrepresentation of what has been announced by Awesome Japan & YS Net. To be clear: ALL EXISTING PAYPAL REWARDS (ARE) WILL REMAIN INTACT AND ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THE RECENT POLL. THIS LATEST POLL ACTED MERELY TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER REWARDS THAT HAD BEEN OMITTED FROM THE ORIGINAL KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN SHOULD BE INCLUDED ADDITIONALLY IN THE PAYPAL CAMPAIGN. NO REWARDS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM ANY BACKERS; ONLY NO ADDITIONAL REWARDS WILL BE ADDED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE OR INTEND TO CONTRIBUTE VIA PAYPAL.

It is important to note that Awesome Japan has in-fact addressed this issue directly to fans who have inquired about their methodology. In a response to this inquiry they stated: “…While the votes in favor of removing exclusivity marginally outnumbered those against, they did not represent a majority opinion in the poll. The poll numbers do show that there are also many backers who do not wish to give up their exclusive rewards. We feel that the logical conclusion to these results is to leave exclusivity as it is because there was not enough support to justify making an exception to go back on our original promise.” While there have been instances in which Awesome Japan has presented developments regarding Shenmue 3 in a rather unclear and ambiguous manner, they nevertheless have proven to be passionate and dedicated towards the greater project and all of us in the community should continue to vest our confidence in them. As with any project with this scope and unprecedented magnitude, there are bound to be mistakes that will occur and it is essential for all us to remain united in our cause and to not pass rash judgment on them or on fellow community members; such conduct will only serve to impede the proper release of the game that we have waited over a decade to have in our collective midst.

We as a community have persevered through much over the past few years, which makes what we have achieved in the past 6 months that much more remarkable and inspiring. However, we must recognize that our journey has not yet concluded and that there is still much we can contribute towards the realization of our dream of having Shenmue 3 become a reality. A major part of this contribution is to facilitate a community which is open and embracing to all who find value through the experience of Shenmue and the sharing of what the series represents to each of us. Let us not forget about the diversity in perspective and point of view that exists within our community and let us coalesce these outlooks to make our voices heard in fruitful ways.

Thank you for your time and as always: Keep Friends.

The Shenmue Dojo Staff
by Sean
Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Sean
Fri May 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic