Search found 393 matches

Return

Re: Playable demo of Shenmue III

High resolution photo from Shibuya's Facebook page. Maybe Switch can translate what's on the whiteboard?

Here's what I can make out. The content is non-spoilerish.

http://i.imgur.com/SkRcFgjl.png

"Dynamic seeds" sounds intriguing. (At least that's what I think the most likely translation is.)

Also the filename displayed here on the monitor suggests that the concept art we saw recently shows Bailu, "Hakka" being what its called in Japanese.
http://i.imgur.com/SLVlEbql.png

Hey Switch do you think the second slightly blurred kanji could be 我そう (monk), it is a 我僧 as a compound but perhaps the person who wrote it didnt know the second kanji.

Welcome to the Dojo Jacko! I think you might be right on this!

@Switch thank you for translating!
by shengoro86
Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Search Of Lan Di - Will Gamers Find Shenmue 3 Boring?

Tuet0ne wrote: Will modern gamers find Shenmue 3 boring?

phpBB [video]

Thanks for having me on the show!!
by shengoro86
Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do QTEs belong in Shenmue 3? Podcast Debate.

What do you think about QTEs? Young Geek (Shenmue Guy) and myself debate on this.

We use Shenmue as a basis.

My argument is that some games do not do QTEs correctly but Shenmue knows how to do it right.

Enjoy!
phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN ANNOUNCED!!!

Esppiral wrote: Image

This looks absolutely amazing! Great work Esppiral!
by shengoro86
Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue mod - Jumping Ryo

I have sometimes wondered what it would be like if Ryo had the ability to jump under player control. I hadn't seen this being done before - or more likely it has been but I've missed it! Anyway, inspired by the great modders we have here at the Dojo I gave it a crack for What's Shenmue.

The result is successfully being able to replace the kneel/crouch action, which is activated with the X button in What's Shenmue, with a jump animation for Ryo instead.

Here's a sample of Ryo trying to jump onto the boxes of fish at Uokichi on the Dobuita main street (unfortunately, it's not possible though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKDI48nmbog

General description of the change made:

Most of the time was spent investigating the contents of the MOTION.BIN file to find out how it's structured. I eventually located the place that points to the 3 kneeling animations - kneeling down; kneeling position; getting up - and updated these to point to the animation for Ryo's jumping instead.

Great work!!
by shengoro86
Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Search Of Lan Di - Andy Hughes Interview

Tuet0ne wrote: New episode is up!

Interview with Andy Hughes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32hx4Th ... ZCbSzvb9ZQ

Fantastic episode!!!
by shengoro86
Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's bicycle animations (What's Shenmue mod)

Switch thank you so much for posting this! Great find!

Yeah there's several pieces of data regarding the bike on the discs. There's even some help information in the 1st_read.bin of What's Shenmue. Like when you press start while riding the bike, it tells what works the horn and whatnot. It's very possible that everything we need is there, but activating it is no easy task.
Interesting that there is even help information for it. Any idea if that's embedded in the file itself or loaded in from a separate file? I've been digging around a bit in 1st_read.bin with a debugger but haven't been able to track down anything useful so far.

I tried to make a bike mod a long time ago but failed on every attempt, despite saying otherwise at times without proving it (I was an pathological idiot back then).
I believe there was motion data or some sort of references in either motion.bin or cycleman. I don't remember anymore.
If I recall correctly, the sequence of data seemed to link to the BIKE or CYCLE variable that would pop up randomly in binaries (mapinfo, cycleman, motion). At hex level, it was tough to see where the data sequence comes and goes.
I think though, at a Assembly level, it might be easier to follow, however I don't have any knowledge on that.
I wonder if the animations can trigger something in that sequence if they are triggered natively.

I think at this point it is clear that the bike was removed pretty late in development. Really interesting to know that the animations were intact too. Hopefully someone can make it work!
This is a legendary find Switch, great work :)
by shengoro86
Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Boyes Leaves Sony

Adam Boyes is a very smart man. I'm sure he will do great in his next venture.
As for Shenmue 3, nah it will be fine.
by shengoro86
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu Returns for Shen

I inverted the colors in photoshop to hopefully add some clarity for anyone who can translate this.

Edit* Just saw Switch got the translation already! Damn bud that was fast nice job!
by shengoro86
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu Returns for Shen

As for the subtitle: "Occasionally, there are even times when the mountains along the Li River bring misfortune..."

Could Shenhua be talking about the very same mountains found on the picture in her house???

Some connection there? If so, then it's theory time.
Actually, that line couldn't be said by Shenhua, but by some old man, probably. The line begins with "What? Hummm..." in Japanese, and the way of saying is an old man's. A young girl would never say like that.
Besides, she seems to be placed in a bit odd background; with a plastic bag-full of garbage and a beer case that would be found on a Japanese backstreet.

Apparently, that screen shot was not taken from a real game scene, but was composed for some experiment, I guess.

Great observation! My Japanese is really bad and I didn't catch on to that. Thank you again Kiyuu!
Even though it may just be a test, it is still great looking :) Super excited for S3!
by shengoro86
Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

General Shenmue Box Protector Thread

Hello.

I wanted to make a concrete thread on box protector sizes for Shenmue, Shenmue 2, US Shenmue, What's Shenmue, etc.
I could not find a central location for this info. As a collector, it would be nice to have some sort of reference guide.

I could not find all of the sizes for a complete Shenmue variant list so I would like everyone to provide any info they have. Thanks! :)

Note: The sites linked are just people I bought from. I do not own these companies or anything like that.
----
What is a box protector?
A box protector is what it is called. Some sort of item that will protect a game box/case.
----
Why would I want them?
Shenmue games are inevitably going to get more expensive as the years go on. These will help keep em safe!

Protector Links:
Dreamcast:
Shenmue 1 4 GD Jewel Case
http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/store/4569532134

Shenmue 1 Limited Edition Sleeve with JukeBox CD
Unknown

US Shenmue
Unknown

Shenmue 2 4 GD without Sleeve
Unknown
Shenmue 2 4 GD with Sleeve
Unknown

What's Shenmue

Xbox:
Shenmue 2 PAL/NTSC

Other:
Project Berkley VHS Tape
Unknown
by shengoro86
Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's bicycle animations (What's Shenmue mod)

So now that we know the variables for the bike animations, I wonder if Wang uses the same ones? Maybe we could do some switcherooing and get it to work. I'll work on this next week. It may be possible to port these animations into shenmue beta if necessary. However, I feel that maybe WS has code snippets that the beta does not, hence why the animations are present there but not anywhere else.
by shengoro86
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Logo/Branding

I love the connected font but I am more of a fan of the III then the 3. Just a preference though! Love the 3's font!
Background is pretty too!
by shengoro86
Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II: The Movie

awesome job!!!
by shengoro86
Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Shenmue I run from an SD Card?

Ah the wording in the OP made me thing this individual was looking to get a Serial Port SD card running while they were waiting for their GDEMU to become available. From below, it become apparent to me that an attempt was made that resulted in a black screen. My bad.

Ok, he didn't specifically say anything about Dreamshell. He stated he had a GDEmu, not the IDE mod.

We weren't talking about the IDE mod. We were talking about a serial port adapter for SD cards which is most commonly used for DreamShell. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hence the assumption from the quote below.

Hey there,

While waiting for the GDEmu to be available again, I wanted to try the undubbed version of Shenmue I, but it gives me a black screen. I then tried the PAL Shenmue that I ripped myself with my original discs, same issue. Any ways to make this game run from an SD card?

Thanks
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can Shenmue I run from an SD Card?

Anthony817 wrote: No sorry, I think you were right reading it again. He did seem to imply something about the sd adapter, so I think you were actually right. My bad.

Haha no problem bud.

BTW on a side note, thanks for the 1G cdis for S2 Eng, I played through them entirely and they worked great!
by shengoro86
Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo opens train door - unused animation

This is such a great find. Great work Switch!!!!!!
by shengoro86
Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LGBT-Homophobia Characters/Storylines (Censorship)

I recall Dory Gordie being gay. The final arm wrestler. He is extremely hard to defeat. So there is an example of a strong and not sinister homosexual in the series.

Not to mention that I do not understand the argument. A straight man was murdered in the intro of the game. Would it be double standard for me to not get mad that it was ok to murder straight white men?

In my personal opinion, all humans are humans, regardless of gender, sexual oritentation, spoken language, etc. Not sure why this topic sparks so much hatred for something.

That being said, I respect your opinion, as all should, even though we have different thought processes on this.
by shengoro86
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Was frequenting the site for a while and then joined in 2004.

Damn time flies.

I still remember the old url.

shenmue.planets.gamespy.com

XDXD
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Series: The Shenmue Theorists

Hi All,

Norris from Shenmue500k and myself decided to start recording theory videos related to the series.

They are unscripted and just us having conversations about it.

I invite you all to check out the first episode which goes over the following topics:
- The mirrors practical use
- The mirror descriptions from Master Chen and Zhu Yuanda
- The Terracotta Army
- The area of Lintong, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
- The player focused mirror nuances
- And much more!

Peter and LanDC are credited for their work in this video.

Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjJJl6AEJ-8
by shengoro86
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Series: The Shenmue Theorists

Great video, man! The only criticism I can offer is you interrupted Norris quite a few times while he was explaining stuff, which was a little unfair. I get your excitement theorising about these things, but let the man speak :)

In regards to Lan Di being labelled as the leader of the Chi You Men in the first game, I agree it was probably a translation error, and what they meant was he is a leader within the Chi You Men along with Niao Sun, Koutei, Gentei, and Tentei, the grand overlord magician king.

Also, do you think the Mirrors could possibly 'choose' who to obey in terms of the alignment of those in possession of them? Lan Di, for example, is evil and wishes to unleash Chi You upon the world and turn everything to shit, whereas Ryo and Shenhua, as per the prophecy, are the good guys and the only ones capable of banishing Chi You for evermore and saving the world. In this sense, the dragon is 'within' those who are evil, whereas the phoenix is 'within' those who are good, and the fate of what eventually happens when the mirrors are brought together - the Dragon and Phoenix Mirrors coming together, almost like a clash between good vs. evil - depends on the alignment (and intentions) of those who are able to bring them together? Maybe this so-called "treasure" of the Qing Dynasty is actually the place in which the Mirrors must come together in order to decide the fate of the world? If you used both Mirrors as a map in order to reach that location - which, naturally, means you have both in your possession - maybe they're leading you to their final resting place? They're almost self-serving, if you will.

Maybe I'm just talking complete crap, but I'd like to hear your thoughts :)

Yeah haha. We were both super excited and I had a bit too much coffee right before we filmed. I'll keep it in mind :D

As for the theory on the mirrors, I willl get back to you on this since I am at work with limited time.

In regards to Lan Di being labelled as the leader of the Chi You Men in the first game, I agree it was probably a translation error, and what they meant was he is a leader within the Chi You Men
Yes, the original Japanese wording bears this out. Here's a comparison with what Master Chen says in Japanese:

Official in-game translation: "An organization called Chi You Men, its leader goes by that name."
vs
Direct translation from Japanese: "I heard there's a man going by that name among the leaders of an organization called Chi You Men."

In Japanese the word "kanbu" (幹部) is used, which indicates a leadership group i.e. more than just a single person.

Ah cool! Thank you for clearing this up :D
by shengoro86
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

This was a great update :)

Makes me happy to see all of these backers having a great time. :)
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue animation: Akira's victory pose

Who knew! Found this Virtua Fighter animation of Akira's victory pose hidden away inside What's Shenmue.

Blog post: http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/10/ryo-performing-victory-pose-from-virtua.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39MAr1q2FDw

Great find! I'm loving all your discoveries bud. Would be funny for someone to make a mod video of Ryo screaming at everyone with this animation :D
by shengoro86
Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

V1 RELEASED: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 3: Kowloon

Hi everyone!

Today I am happy to announce that work has begun on a modded disc for Kowloon that will let you free roam many areas without restrictions like walls, stairs, loading zones, etc.

Using the hacking techniques created by Bluemue, Giorgio, Sizious, Wude, Sm1th, and myself, I decided to combine a couple things into a playable disc for everyone to enjoy!

This is a hard release to make for mass use since it does NOT include a debug menu, unlike the Shenmue 1 betas used for the S1 explore mod.

==========================
What is it?
A modded disc that lets you free roam Kowloon.
This is based on the Anthony117 1GB release of Sm1th's full english speech mod for Dreamcast.

How does it work?
We remove the clipping data from levels while retaining door functionality. This is combined with some other tweaks to make life easier.

Which console?
Dreamcast for now. Xbox is low priority on my list.

How do I use it?
Play the disc in an emulator. Use save files to load yourself into requested areas.
I highly suggest you play this side by side with a real copy of the game to be able to make custom save files to then explore with since there is no debug menu.

Any glitches?
YES MANY! Since we are hacking the clipping data you will see things like:
Ren falling under the earth when following him. Random freezing on console due to RAM buffer issues. Stability problems. Loading screens disappearing. ETC. These are expected as we are making the game run in a weird state.

Tips?
Play this on an emulator or GDEMU/USB-GDROM ODE. I am not responsible for you breaking your GDROM drive with this.
The file system is NOT optimized for DC laser QOL. No data is resequenced and no dummy sectors will be made. Keep this in mind. THIS MAY BREAK YOUR DISC DRIVE!!!!!!

Footage?
Dragon Street:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MysrmhgeomE

Download?
Version 1 is complete. PM me for hacked files. You will need to compile yourself.
by shengoro86
Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue AM2 Podcast

awesome! Will listen tonight!!!
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE SOON: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 3: Kowloon

Update:
The core area hacking is done. Now just have to adjust inside areas such as random shops and Ghost Hall Building.
by shengoro86
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE SOON: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 3: Kowloon

Update:
Version 1 is done!
Pm me for a download.
I'm stilll not done with some metrics so you will have to compile the disc yourself. I will provide hacked files.
by shengoro86
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #61: Halloween Greetings

I love the halloween art! So cute :)

I may have to print that out for a poster since the HD version was released.

Thanks for the update!!

I can only imagine the emotions Suzuki-san is going through signing everything for his fans. :) <3
by shengoro86
Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making our own HD remaster with Reshade.

Espirral this looks amazing!! Thank you so much for compiling all this!
by shengoro86
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Scrolls Skyrim Mod - Development Blog

Reecekun do you need help hacking the maps to see everything? I have 2 solutions for free roaming wish road, one being a simple ECAM swap and the other being some files given to me by Wude that hack the timer to shut it off via artmoney tables. I can send them to you if needed.

I am pretty sure you are right on the ring road as that seems correct but I dont think it is modeled anywhere in the maps.

Also, fantastic job!!!!
by shengoro86
Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hacking into Shenmue 2 Cutscenes as Playable Areas

While working on the Kowloon Explore mod update, I decided to try to make QTE and other cutscenes into walkable areas accessible to the player for explore/research purposes.

I believe this method was first discovered here by LanDC and Mistre Ziming but I couldn't find the relevant topic on it so I am posting it here and on the Shenmue mods page for historical reference.

Credit to the following people who made this possible:
Bluemue, LanDC, Mistre Ziming, Giorgio, Wude, Speud, and everyone else who figured out the no clip hacks and Dreamcast save file CRC checksums,and mapinfos stuff. Sorry if I missed anyone.

So here is a specific use case to wrap the tutorial around.
Please note that specific values like mapcodes and such will change depending on your source map for the save file and the map you want to hack into.

Gain access to the QTE cutscene where Ryo and Ren are running away from Don Niu and jump onto the rooftop.

Process:
To gain access to this level, we need to take into account some things. Shenmue 2 uses in game cutscenes for pretty much everything. This being said, that means that the levels the cutscenes take place in should 9 out of 10 times work the same way as playable areas do from a file and hex code standpoint. So to break into these levels we need to hack an existing save file to change which level code we start in and remove their clipping for free roam if necessary. To do that we can hex edit the map calls in the save file and fix its CRC to load. That only leaves two issues. The first issue is that the clipping for the map we want to hack into is still in effect and can break our movement if the FLDD sector exists, so we have to remove it using Bluemue's tutorial.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49248
The second issue is that with this basic procedure, our vertical height is determined by where our save file was originally saved in. So like saving on the 6th floor of a building will put us 6 floors in the air anywhere else, etc etc. So we need to find a sweet spot OR just hack the coordinates in the save file or live hack them via a emulation cheater program.

Tools needed:
1. a dumped copy of Shenmue 2 on DC
2. Tools to compile cdi or w/e format. (i use bootmake and binhack32) http://sizious.emunova.net/download/?idsys=2&idcat=4&idsscat=1 https://sourceforge.net/projects/binhack32/
3. hex editor (i use HxD) https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
4. VMU Explorer http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/outil/pc/?lg=en&menu=on

Steps to get into the level (in this case the handcuff jump scene at QAXX.
1. In the dumped copy of Shenmue 2 go to /SCENE/03/XXXX and open the mapinfo.bin in a hex editor
NOTE: The QAXX scene for the handcuff jump scene has no FLDD sector. Leaving this step though in case another scene does.
2. Remove the FLDD--> | DOOR sector if it exists in the mapinfo and save the file
3. Compile this disc with the hacked XXXX map
4. In a working copy of Shenmue 2, create a save file on the 3rd floor of the Three Birds Building.
5. Open up the save file in a hex editor and replace QAE1 with QAXX and save the file
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2016-12-01%2011_45_27-HxD%20-%20C__Users_jreiner_Desktop_Shenmue_nullDC%201.04%20r150%20SM-A%20Fixes%20by%20mastercha_zpsgtgjul7m.jpg
6. Open up the save file in VMU Explorer and fix the CRC with the relevant option
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2016-12-01%2011_45_49-VMU%20Explorer%20by%20Speud_zpsxnbpzy5o.jpg
7. Launch the game and enjoy!

This height level will put you in the correct building height. Retry with the 2nd floor to access the rooftop they jump to. You can also access the ground area by making a save file on the first floor.

Enjoy!
Shenmue Mods Page Link: https://sites.google.com/site/shenmuemods/shenmue-ii/hack-into-qte-cutscenes-to-explore-them-in-game
Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npMKxiUj4XE
by shengoro86
Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To All The Donators of "Shenmue 3" worldwide: Roll Call!

I've already donated all I can. To subsidize my wanting to donate more, I go to conventions and promote the game to everyone I can.
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueAM2 wrote: Excited to record the next episode of the podcast with our special guest James Reiner. We are recording on Monday and the episode should be out shortly after.

Super excited to join up with you guys :)
by shengoro86
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RELEASE: Shenmue Explore Mod V1.4

Hello.

I am proud to announce that the Shenmue Exploration Mod has hit version 1.4!
UPDATES:
File system cleaned up a bit to remove dead and unused files from hacks
-Sub-PKS Colli datas now being hacked for free roam.
-Harbor Cafe now hacked for free roam
-Alpha Trading Office now hacked for free roam

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmwtGDjDt0A&t=51s

What is it?
This is a mod of Shendream's BETA release of Shenmue 1 Disc 3.
This mod allows you to walk around most areas without clipping. This allows you to walk through walls and most objects.
It also contains playable maps for Dobuita in Whats Shenmue, Beta Yamanose, Beta Sakuragaoka, and Wish Road!

Why?
I made this for my own purpose but I wanted to share it with everyone. I always wanted to go wherever I wanted to when inside of shops and stuff.

How?
Each mapinfo.bin has been hacked to remove all clipping data.
Sub-sectors of PKS IPAC data have now begun being hacked.
Notebook hacked to show basic version number and instructions

Who?
The original clipping method was developed by Giorgio.
The ECAM warp zone removals were developed by Me.
The IPAC clipping hack was developed by Bluemue.
The beta maps were hacked by Wude.
The Beta itself was released by Shendream.
The What's Shenmue to BETA map conversion was done by me.
The grunt work was done by me :)

Which areas can I free roam?
I am aiming to have every single area free roamable. However some areas need special tricks to get working.
Here is the list:
D000 - Retail Dobuita
JD00 - Retail Sakuragaoka
JD01 - Beta Sakuragaoka
JHD0 - Hazuki Residence
JOMO - Ryo's House
JU00 - Retail Yamanose
JU01 - Beta Yamanose
MFSY - Harbor
MKSG - Old Warehouse District
DCBN - Tomato Convenience Store
DYKZ - Nagai Industries
DURN - Lapis Fortune Teller
DTKY - Maeda Barber Shop
DSLT - Slot House
DSLI - Bar Linda
DSKI - Global Travel Agency
DRSA - Russiya China Shop
DRME - Manpukuken Ramen
DPIZ - Bob's Pizzaeria
DKTY - Antique Shop
DKPA - Nana's Karaoke Bar
DJAZ - MJQ Jazz Bar
DGCT - You Arcade
DCHA - Ajiichi
DBYO - Bar Yokosuka
DBHB - Heartbeats Bar
TATQ - Tattoo Parlor
JABE - Abe Store Candy Shop
MKYU - Harbor Lounge
YDB1 - Hazuki Basement
D001 - Wish Road
D002 - What's Shenmue Dobuita

NEW IN 1.4
NOTE: Alpha Trading Office and Harbor Cafe are both a part of the MFSY sub IPAC sector data. You can not warp into these two places using the debug menu. You need to go to the harbor and walk through their doors.

How do I use it?
Just like in the original beta release, you can call these specific maps up with the main debug menu.
For the shops that are closed when you go into them with the menu, just use the 4th player controller debug menu to set the time in the game to a time where the shop is open!
NOTE from above: Alpha Trading Office and Harbor Cafe are both a part of the MFSY sub IPAC sector data. You can not warp into these two places using the debug menu. You need to go to the harbor and walk through their doors.

Are there bugs?
Yes! Like all arcane Shenmue hacks, bugs will exist.
-What's Shenmue Dobuita has a soda machine that is fused with the retail soda machine. (This is easily fixed)
-Ryo's House is completely broken and invisible.
-Random textures disappear and pop in when you are walking through walls. (This is normal and cannot be fixed.)

NOTE: You cannot play through this as normal!!!!!! It is disc 3 AND the maps are hacked to the point where the normal game will not flow and cutscenes may not trigger. It is for exploring only!

What can I play it on?
Confirmed working on NullDC, DEmul, Reicast, Chankast, and actual DC hardware via CD-R or GDEMU.

WARNING: NOT COMPLETELY STABLE ON ACTUAL HARDWARE. KNOWN FREEZING ISSUES IN BETA SAKURAGAOKA WHEN TOUCHING POTENTIAL LOADING ZONES

Photos:
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2312_16_06-nullDC104_n-9371-VPS_4686PAL480i5000RPS_2343Vert_5730KSh4__zps98835b4a.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_53_19-nullDC104_n-9975-VPS_4988PAL480i5000RPS_2494Vert_56847KSh4__zps58d8af94.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_44_27-nullDC104_n-10012-VPS_5006PAL480i5000RPS_2564Vert_13552KSh4_zps48726907.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_55_52-nullDC104_n-10037-VPS_5018PAL480i5000RPS_2570Vert_9109KSh4__zpsfa12b134.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_37_29-nullDC104_n-10049-VPS_5025PAL480i5000RPS_2451Vert_29812KSh4_zps92f9be07.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_43_15-nullDC104_n-10012-VPS_5006PAL480i5000RPS_2442Vert_13262KSh4_zps89384b76.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_44_13-nullDC104_n-8845-VPS_4423PAL480i5000RPS_2211Vert_24128KSh4__zpse8613fc0.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_36_59-nullDC104_n-9975-VPS_4988PAL480i5000RPS_2494Vert_26721KSh4__zpsb2da57b7.jpg

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-09-2311_36_10-nullDC104_n-10000-VPS_5000PAL480i5000RPS_2561Vert_43047KSh4_zps71760b27.jpg

So whats next?
I am now working to make a final version of this hack.
Things to finish:
-BETA Dobuita free roam.
-Shenmue Passport Maps converted to walkable freeroam maps. (I've almost struck gold on this hack)
-Fixing Ryo's house as it keeps breaking when removing Pre ECAM data
-Vertical clipping so stairs are walkable
-Main menu credits

How do I download it?
Send me a pm and I'll share it with you.
I don't want to get my MEGA account banned.
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue Explore Mod V1.4

Reecekun. Done and hacked!

I managed to remove the colli ipac data from the level and bingo.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2016-12-20%2010_47_28-nullDC%201.0.4_n%20-%20419.16%20-%20VPS_%20209.58PAL480i50.00%20RPS_%20104.79%20Vert_%20117.08K%20S_zpsiuaow1um.jpg
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2016-12-20%2010_47_43-nullDC%201.0.4_n%20-%20419.16%20-%20VPS_%20209.58PAL480i50.00%20RPS_%20104.79%20Vert_%20117.08K%20S_zpsm723167t.jpg

EDIT:
Video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrm2XJuH6I&feature=youtu.be
by shengoro86
Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue Explore Mod V1.4

ReeceKun wrote: Cool nice one, I didn't really expect to see a cockroach I just find it amusing that it was in there.
Here's a sneak peak of Soba V2.0

Nice dude! Looks great!!
by shengoro86
Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was such a great time :) Thanks again for having me on the show !
by shengoro86
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone seen Wude? People are worried.

I was told that he passed away. I guess I was misinformed.

Please send him my regards next time you see him on MSN.

That is truly a sad thing. He taught me a lot back in the older days of Shenmue modding. He was a great guy.
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Modding Knowledge

Added information about mapinfos from S1 beta. IPAC sector maps collision information documented as well
by shengoro86
Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for bringing me on the show! It was super exciting!

ShenGCH wrote: Another excellent podcast, guys, and it was great to hear from James, too :)

Thanks for this comment, it brightened my day up :)
by shengoro86
Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for bringing me on the show! It was super exciting!

Another excellent podcast, guys, and it was great to hear from James, too :)
Thanks for this comment, it brightened my day up :)
Don't mention it, dude. Always a pleasure to hear you expressing your love and passion for the series, especially at such a deep level that only those who truly feel the games and their intentions (the first game, in particular) are able to. Outside of words such as 'magical' and 'special', it's damn near impossible to nail down exactly what it is that makes Shenmue so... well, magical and special. It's more of a feeling than a word, except words alone wouldn't be able to do it justice. It's beyond comprehension, almost.

Man, this would sound like the ramblings of a madman to an outsider :lol:

Shenmue fans are the greatest fans ever! Thank you for the nice comments above. <3
by shengoro86
Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

don2one wrote: Awesome podcast!! hahah too bad you didn't have the Goro impression from James:) hahaha

Thanks for these podcast. love it!

YOOO BROOOOOOOOO
by shengoro86
Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic