Search found 393 matches

Return

Re: Recreation of shenmue 2

I actually had an Idea of making it online and implementing the mini games from shenmue like lucky hit and working and some other things I haven't thought of yet, I could put a money system in place and by gaining money at lucky hit and other mini games you could buy collectables like capsule toys, maybe I could give each player an apartment in kowloon and they could buy things to decorate it, I'm not sure if I have the knowledge to code such a game but it's one of my Ideas, would be pretty cool if the whole dojo could meet up in shenmue 2 and partake in duck races and other mini games

Wow, that would be amazing.

If this were to become a reality, I will include it in my upcoming Linux distro.

OH man, you could make a community Shenmue Online.

I am taking a game design course in college next semester. If you need help, I can ask some people about network programming and such.
by shengoro86
Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

KiBa wrote:Does anyone have a Kowloon elevator shot? Nice color and atmosphere, as I recall.

I second that, a 1080p render of this would be amazing.

With the special Wude poster too ;-)
by shengoro86
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Wow, this thread is effective!
Welcome back: Clint, James, St. Elmos Fire, Hazuki Legend.

I'm glad to see that past members still come by once in a while to say hello.

Despite feuds, I wonder what LanDC is up to. His mods were pretty cool.

I miss Gamer2 alot, we used to share games through snail mail.
Before April, i didn't see Miles Prowler that much, what ever happened to your 600 person character page? I remember your signature for the longest time said it was going to be up soon.

I haven't seen Silas and Daemos in a while. b_ren as well and cyberman too.

Despite the members who are long gone who used to be around a lot, I really appreciate everyone who still posts here.

It has been a long ride and I'm happy to have been here for most of it.
by shengoro86
Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My girlfriend is making a Mass Effect Parody Series

My girlfriend is making a Mass Effect Parody series. Check out the pilot if you like Mass Effect and tell me what you think.

Part 2 is amazing, but it won't be uploaded if part 1 does not get proper feedback.

Thanks
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyZXHIk3Vo[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New York Renaissance Faire

http://www.renfair.com/ny/

Has anybody been there? The fair was pretty cool. Tons of mead and beer along with big turkey legs.

If your in the NY area, I suggest you check it out.

They had a guy to throw rotten tomatoes at, lots of archery, knife throwing, and axe throwing. It was just a great time.

Group photo.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/185074_10151227975441320_843705823_n.jpg

I'm holding the mead of course.
by shengoro86
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Character guide

Yes; and I might as well announce properly here that the character database I was working on is very nearly finished and will be released soon :mrgreen:
I have some scans from the Shenmue II Perfect Guidebook (basically the character profiles) that a member called Eek the Cat originally scanned (don't think he's around anymore); I don't own that book myself, but I do own the 'Shenmue II Complete Guide' which includes some profiles that the Perfect Guidebook doesn't. I'll post the scans I have along with the database once it's done :D

So watch this space - names and profiles on all 696(!) Shenmue II characters translated directly from these books coming very soon :D

I have been waiting sooo long to hear (read) you say that.
:mrgreen: cant wait to review it :mrgreen:

I have a mysql database that is hosted on the net, if you want I can integrate it and it will be accessible over the net as a shenmue resource.
by shengoro86
Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

My local pub reminds me of the Yokosuka Bars
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/0921120026_zps3d951390.jpg

ESPECIALLY when I play darts.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/0921120030_zps922d3450.jpg

I was even playing the darts song on my phone. :king:
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

What they need to do is to finish s1 and s2 in hd and give yu the damn license already.
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

Oh god, what a royal idea I just got. We will get a new Shenmue, but it will be a kart racer. It will have all the Shenmue characters but will be like Mario Kart. :lol: I could just see Sega doing that.

Im going to get nightmares from that...

that would be the end of my fan-hood for sega forever
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I got a see through blue N64 with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Blitz all in sealed boxes for fixing this girl's PC

I also bought Jet Set Radio HD for 360
by shengoro86
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Gen is in the twilight so it's time to reflect

My favorite moment for this generation was when S2X was included in the xbox 360 bc update.

My other favorite moments where the Halo 3 midnight release, I skipped the whole line because I knew the guy at gamestop, no one noticed.

Also, I gained experience in reversing some systems during the whole home brewing on next gen.

When I flashed my 360, that's when I had the most fun.
by shengoro86
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Just started watching Breaking Bad.
by shengoro86
Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5a_v0MP_Fk[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hacked Video Game Systems

I have:

Mega Drive:
-Region free
-50/60Hz switch
-RGB mod

Super Famicom:
-Region free
-Cut flaps in order to accommodate US SNES cartridges
-50/60Hz switch

N64:
-Plays all NTSC games (US, Jap, any of them), but not PAL.
-Made the cut inside the cart port so Jap carts fit (it's a US '64)
-RGB mod

I think that's about it for my mods. What I would love to own is a fully-modded PS2. To be able to play PSone and PS2 pirate games of any region would be fantasti. There's also the question of leaked games. For example, I have an uncensored version of Manhunt 2 on my HDD, just begging for a modded PS2.

Martin, I can softmod your PS2 if you want. All I need is the serial on the back and an official Sony Mem Card.
The FreeMcBoot exploit runs off of the memory card and I can install it with my hacked PS2.

You can ESR patch Manhunt 2 and run it from a burnt disc.

As for pirate PSX games, you will need a hardmod unfortunately.
I know someone has been working on that though.
by shengoro86
Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10 hours of Tomato Convenience Store Music

im going to make the 711by my house play this song forever
by shengoro86
Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *Hey My Dojo Family*

Yo man! Welcome back!
by shengoro86
Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dobuita after Midnight

You can also use modded save files. PM me and I can hook you up.
by shengoro86
Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next time I'm home, Ill try to get a video of it. I may be able to do it on NullDC but actual hardware is always best.
by shengoro86
Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll be going home tonight so I will attempt to record this. My camera is bad quality but hey its better than nothing. Ill make a tutorial video out of it for you to replicate what I did.
by shengoro86
Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Movie Death Scenes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECx-42Wlho[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I met Eric Schmidt

Hey guys,

I started working at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton NJ and today we had an awesome lecture about what comes after the Higgs Boson discovery.

Well, it turns out that Eric Schmidt was there and I spotted him so I walked over and said hi.

I didn't know billionaires were so approachable.

We spoke for a little while about business and IT as I'm planning on starting my own company.

Really nice guy.

I did however want to ask him to fund Shenmue 3, but I didn't. That probably would have cost me my job, haha.
by shengoro86
Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Kenny happy birthday! Kiba happy birthday!
by shengoro86
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

It is statistically relevant that there has to be life out there. It is more than likely that even if no actual other civilizations exist, parallel dimensions do.

I just had a conversation about this with Dr. Michio Kaku. He's a visiting professor at my Institute, I ran into him and we got on to this topic.
by shengoro86
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE - ALL 700 CHARACTERS!!

I remember being psyched when you originally announced this project. Years later, I remember wondering and worrying about what might have happened to this project. I eventually dismissed it as never being completed and with Passport gone, that part of Shenmue (the detailed NPCs) was beginning to be a memory of the past. You have put closure on the security behind retaining all of that information and for that, I thank you. This milestone shows how serious the Shenmue community can get when it comes to the storyline and detailed information. You deserve a lot of credit and a front page news bulletin on every existing Shenmue fan site.

Yu Suzuki would be proud, send him a copy.

=D> :mrgreen: =D>
by shengoro86
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

A video I made for some of my friends.

They asked me about what the PS3 can do with hacks.

Camera was bad and audio was worse but it finishes the job.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vs9fpKfRfc[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Anime

There is already a shenmue anime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFZ1CZbwX0

Also Check this post
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35914

I made a post about this but could not find it.
Anyway in that anime there is a Gui Zhang
http://www.sixfortyfive.com/temp/vfanimekowloon.jpg

, Lan Di and There is even the battle scene from shenmue 2!

http://www.sixfortyfive.com/temp/vfanimeshenmue.jpg

Since shenmue was basically the story of young Akira but changed some aspect latter.
This anime is almost exactly how a shenmue anime would be like.
Ryo character would totally be changed and made into an idiot like most animes to increase views or something.
Also watch Street Fighter anime too Ryu there has almost same personality as Akira in this anime and he dress just like Ryo Hazuki... Also he uses Elbow move too..

I have the entire VF anime on DVD and if Shenmue ever turns into that, I'll flip a shit.
by shengoro86
Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza Winner!

Hooray!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

I will be keeping them in great condition.

Thank you!
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favourite example of attention to detail in Shenmue

My favorite details were the backgrounds for all the NPCs and the micro-detail put into the stores.
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy 2013, I brought free DLC for who reads this first

Hi Guys,

I've been gone for a while as I have been working on my latest Linux distribution.

I began managing our video game distribution budget at my job and got a lot of DLC codes when I bought games for my library here in Princeton. I do not believe in having to pay for DLC so I will be releasing codes that I receive from developers and resellers.

I used some of them but here is what's left for you all to use if you want!

Xbox 360
Assassins Creed 3 "Captain of the Aquila and Boarding Axe bonus."= 3XM-XWUJ-FRUM-KLXA-EXGA

Playstation 3
Hitman Absolution: Bartoli Custom Pistol and High Tech Suit= 56AF-8JN5-JQ2M
Resident Evil 6: High Seas Fortress Stage = 4MLH-D4NE-4T33
Dead or Alive 5 DOA Devils black bunny swimsuits = H392-3HN3-B3GT
Madden 2013: NFL Legends Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor= PBAG-E2N6-9EAR
Amazing Spider Man: Stan Lee Adventure Pack= A6G7-4KNK-4BP9
Madden 2012:Andrew Luck Future Stars Draft Pick Madden Ultimate Team Card = TA7K-RGNH-RJBQ

That's it for now, enjoy guys and here's to another great year at ShenmueDojo!
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help fixing a dreamcast (if possible)

I wrote a tutorial on how to hack the Mil-CD patched dreamcasts, unfortunately the DC community sites are pretty much gone and my document is hard to find. i cant even find it. >_<

You might be able to swap the drives are they are removable, but I dont remember if it is a simple unplug and switch.

EDIT I FOUND IT
Not saying which member I am :D

6.1. Newer Non MIL-CD DCs and workaround
Thanks to DJ Motion from isonews, jc, OEM, and Xeal on dcwarez.

Some newer DCs have their BIOS programmed to prevent booting CD(R)s which have audio (audio boot data in this case) before the game data (formally known as the MIL-CD format, informally as the audio/data selfboot layout). Not nice, especially considering nearly all previous games - including ECHELON rips - work like this. When buying a Dreamcast, look for Dreamcast units manufactured BEFORE October 2000. There have been some units manufactured in Oct. 2000 and Dec. 2000 with the new BIOS revision that will not work with CDR's. Note that how recently you bought it and retail box type (regular or Smash Pack) do not matter, only the manufacture date of the unit, which should be visible through a small window on the Dreamcast retail box. Also identified as not working with the audio/data selfboot layout games are the Sakura Taisen and Hello Kitty special edition Dreamcasts available in Japan.

Many people have reported that there are plenty of units in the Oct 2000 - Dec 2000 timeframe that play the audio/data selfboot layout games just fine... thus the only way to check is to buy the unit and take it home and try it.

Note for Japanese DC owners (from OEM of dcwarez): My Jap DC refuses to boot the data/data selfboot format unless the total image size is below 70 minutes. Thus releases such as San Francisco Rush 2049, Deep Fighter & NFL2K1 don't work on my DC. (I have been able to get most of them to work though, by converting them to the old audio/data selfboot format.) According to Xeal this is a known problem with early Japanese models, which may explain why groups rarely use this format. It is also my experience that newer units won't boot the data/data format if the total image size is above 82 minutes (thus making it impossible to selfboot games like Sonic Adventure without ripping something out).

Addendum: Echelon's releases of NBA2K1 and NFL2K1 (and SFRush2049, of course) are already in the data/data selfboot format... other Echelon releases that use the data/data selfboot format are unknown.

The data/data selfboot solution (No modifications to console needed):
Right, so you've got your CD written and you want to make it selfboot and work on your new Dreamcast. Here goes...

1. Rip the CD with DiscJuggler to a CDI file.
2. Go in to a DOS/Command Prompt and using CDIRip, rip the CDI file so that a .CUE and .BIN file are created.
3. You can delete the .CUE file. Download a free copy of ISOBuster from the net and extract the files to a directory from the .BIN file.
4. Using IPBIN4WIN, create an IP file which corresponds to the game. It normally needs to be pointing at the 1st_read.bin file, or perhaps a different file if it is a WinCE game. A WinCE game can be detecting by checking if it has a 'WinCE' directory on the CD. If so, make sure you take this in to account when creating the IP file.
5. Now you'll need a tool called 'mkisofs'. It is included in the selfboot toolkit. Create an ISO from the files you have extracted, and the IP.BIN in the root directory. Make sure you use an offset of 0,0 *NOT* 0,11700.
6. Then you'll need to use Xeal's amazing 'Bin2Boot' tool on the ISO, which creates a selfboot CDI which puts the game data BEFORE the audio boot data. A miracle. Now the game works. It's been tested on a real non-CDR boot DC (one of the first in the UK) and it works fine.

Utopia Boot CD for NON MIL-CD DCs
MUCH thanks to jc of dcwarez (and xeal, of course!)

1. Download the cdrecord-tools, CDIRip, ISOFix, and Bin2Boot if you don't already have them.
2. Get the *.CDI file for the Utopia BootCD.
3. Extract the CDI, cdirip.exe, isofix, and bin2boot to a directory (ie, C:\JC_IS_COOL).
4. Open a DOS/Command Prompt in said directory.
5. Run the following commands:
cdirip FILENAME.CDI /iso
then do:
isofix TData02.iso 11702
6. Extract the contents of the ISO using ISO Buster into a directory with the cdrecord-tools.
7. Move the "bootfile.bin" from the directory where you were working with CDIRip to the Directory you extracted the contents of the fixed ISO.
8. Make an ISO with the following command:
mkisofs -C 0,0 -V "Utopia BootCD v1.1" -l -o BOOTCD.ISO DIR
(where "DIR" is where you extracted your fixed ISO.
9. Take the ISO that "mkisofs" produces and put it into the directory where you have Bin2Boot. Run the following command: bin2boot BOOTCD.ISO /nohack
10. Burn image.cdi with DiscJuggler and enjoy it on your "copy-protected" Dreamcast.

6.2. Enabling VGA support - BootCD and Self-boot games
Credits to jc of dcwarez.

Boot CD
The original Utopia Boot CD 1.1 does NOT contain the VGA initialization code necessary... there IS a patch for the Boot CD image that will help with some games available from dccopyworld. The Utopia Boot CD 1.2 supposedly has the VGA patch applied to it, but is supposedly NOT an official Utopia release.
by shengoro86
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

tweet the sh!t outta Sega tomorrow.

im planning a shenmue skit for Otakon 2013. if anyone will be there please join the fun. i have myself as Ryo and someone for Ren Nozomi and some others. We are going to recreate certain scenes to get public reaction, kind of like Mega64ish videos. My Yuan is bringing a fake chainsaw to chase me with haha.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Nationality Are You?

[quote="Jeff"] Half Italian, a quarter German, and the next quarter is a mix of various other European nationalities. I found out last year that Jon Bon Jovi share the same great great grandparents. I got Bon Jovi blood in me. :lol:[/quote
I live relly close to sayerville nj. Bon jovi went to high schoool with my uncle and my uncle kicked his ass for bein a douche in school. He showed me footage of it, had it on some old format.]
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Real Life Shenmue Moments

Alright, so its no secret that alot of us are real freaks about Shenmue, I know I am.
But has anyone ever had a Shenmue moment in real life. Say like, when you actually may act like Ryo or say something he does?

I tend to say I see, or is that so? alot, even in Ryo's tone haha. I also have a really bad habit of saying Ahh good whenever I drink something. Its soo bad.

But last week was the best.
I have a friend who's dad owns a local 711 in Trenton NJ, and my friend works there during the night.
I got him to play the Tomato Convience Store song in his 711 just about the whole night.
Video footage coming soon.
Only one person, besides me and him, recognized the song to be from Shenmue and was greatly excited!
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Listening to the Shenmue Orchestra soundtrack on my way to work.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Me modded into Mortal Kombat 2 on Genesis

A recent pic of me driving to 5 Stars Corp.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I forgot to mention that I'm the leader of the Chiyou Men
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

happy happy birthday!
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

Hi guys!

I got the package in the mail and I was so overjoyed, I want to say thanks to everyone who voted for me, and especially to Thief for sending me this awesome package!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuXPQjkLEc[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

IT may not seem we have any real "power",but-
Keeping the fan base active and vocal keeps interest up and keeps the series fresh,even as it is-look at the recently discovered cut scenes,and unused music,as well as the hilarious mod videos and fan videos,whenever I have a few minutes and watch stuff on YouTube etc it cracks me up,
And with support like that,re releases and sequels are more likely to happen :)

Any community effort is power. I don't think Sega would even think of Shenmue if it wasn't for communities like ours.
by shengoro86
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

I could never get VMU tool (Dream Explorer, not the actual "vmu tool" that works fine) to work on NullD, yes I know it's not for emulators... But that's what I need along with an other tool to capture 1080p pictures and to edit out certain textures/items.

It is indeed a neat tool to have on the DC though! (I never actually tried it on a real dreamcast) I'll try when I get some CD-Rs. Thank you :D

Yeah Dream Explorer is not compatible at all with an emulator, however some people got it to work in Chankast (but that probably wont help).

That you Wude! You are the awesome. :D
Thank you to shengoro86, and Kiyuu also!

This community has easily become one of the most helpful and one of my favorites to be a part of.

Ryudo, I agree with that.

Thanks!

Wude and Kiyuu are god like among Shenmuers!

I feel the same, this community is always the brightest and funniest.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had no idea that you were shenmuekidsx. I was wondering what happened to that guy!

Crimson, that club picture is awesome.

@St Elmo's Fire, I live by Hoboken and NYC, I do have a couple of photos with some famous people ;)

By the way, I was totally not kidding about the Chiyoumen. I found this on Disc 4 of Shenmue 2.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/FinalChiyoumen_zpsfe0f10a8.jpg
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Took my IPhone 4 apart yesterday to change the LCD. What a pain in the ass >_<
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

Interesting,

I received two votes for the punchbag and I even won it last year.

I don't feel like I'm being bullied here.

Well, at least its not real life because it would be a bad day for that bully. :mrgreen:
Dojo always has a punching bag and the names always change the insults stay the same. I hate to say it but true I deserved it. I think 2012 punching bag won't be repeated since I have been happier and making changes. In any case it usually goes to someone acting like an ass. So I don't think you should ever worry about being a clear winner.

Your good.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic