Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Never Forget About Shenmue

Wow, I'm absolutely beside myself by the responses! Thank you all for your kind words and I'm so pleased to see that I've inspired RyoHazuki84 to talk about his own experiences!

The article came about from a frustration, one that few people acknowledge that the two games were a gift, and have merits that are rarely articulated. When I do notice people discussing Shenmue I always hear or read things along the lines of: 'The game was alright, the forklift driving was the best bit' or, 'Where is the gameplay?' etc.

So I wanted to speak up about what Shenmue really offers and wanted to do everything I could to do it justice. I worked on this article for five days and struggled to keep the content under 2,000 words and had to cut entire paragraphs to tighten the pacing. It took me five days to condense my viewpoint as concisely as possible, so everything posted here means an awful lot to me!

I'm definitely interested in tackling Shenmue II, but first I need to play through the entire game again to completely refresh my memory. I still have my Dreamcast hooked-up and Shenmue II in its frayed-as-all-hell sleeve. I need to find a unique angle that tells a different story to justify writing this, but I'm certainly up to the task.

Special mention to Ziming for his/her incredible dedication and the promotion of my piece!

Cheers all!
by IAmNotABot
Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Convent scene with Xiuying (JPN Version)

Can anyone spot what was changed in the PAL and subsequent Xbox release?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I51MxPCliTY[/youtube]
by Ziming
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II: Kowloon Walled City (video)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEVM1HP52A[/youtube]
by Ziming
Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

We helped Ryo to beat Miku in the All-Stars race. Now let's have him topple John Cena as the most requested Make-A-Wish personality. :king:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I'd also wish for Shenmue III on my deathbed.

I'm kind of ashamed of admitting what I'd do for the damn game.
by ShenmueTree
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

Until there is an official "Not gonna happen" statement from Sega and they have given up on digital rereleases, I shall have hope.
by ShenmueTree
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Isn't Going to Be Ready for a Long, Long While

Not too keen on the editorialising over the release when it's been made clear over and over that December 2017 is their proposed launch window. Not that I think it'll make that window, but all the same seems a bit shitty to throw the game under the bus by planting ideas that go against what the developers have said.

That said, nothing to get in a fuss over.

It's far from the shittiest article about the anniversary update. Game Informer's article takes the crown on that one, which is shoddy, lazy, uninformative, tries to put words in Yu's mouth, brings up the PayPal backer confusion (which the media created), and negatively tries to portray the game from the title onward. There are people who believe the anniversary update is the FIRST post-KS update because of the wording of the article.

Being a games journalist must be so fucking easy. I don't think I've seen a profession with such a relaxed grasp on properly informing the public.
by Spaghetti
Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic