Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

I am always sickened, SICKENED that extraordinarygoodgrocer doesnt get all the love in these kind of topics. You want nostalgia?? His YTMND pages still work!!

http://shenmueisbawdybritseasideromp.ytmnd.com/
http://ryohazukicorriestreet.ytmnd.com/
http://shenmuefororiginalgameboy.ytmnd.com/

And so on..
by Gingefners, The
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Pick a name to confuse everyone. Like Spokame, Yana, Mitttens, Peler, Joe Pescii etc.. Or steal an old name no longer used and become beedle'R'us or Ryudo.
by Gingefners, The
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Peter wrote:like gingerfners, The

That's just absurd and makes no sense. Cop yerself on!
by Gingefners, The
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

I do love this guy. Perhaps this video could fit in that Heavy Rain topic that's currently active (despite that game not being mentioned), or even a topic of it's own. But frankly he's basically reading my mind, is 100% correct and there's no reason to debate it. Because he's right. And I'm right. 100%.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJaGSV75y0
by Gingefners, The
Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Getting? Slightly? Haha you're more charitable in thought than meself. It's been past pathetic in many ways for around 2 years, although to be fair it's just as pathetic that the people who were too cowardly to stand up to him over that time, and instead kissed his ass, are now putting the boot in. It's all good though, the whole saga has had some very amusing moments over the years :D
by Gingefners, The
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

beedle wrote: when i get a gun the first thing i shoot will be a brony

Don't do it, man. Suicide isn't the answer :sad:
by Gingefners, The
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whatever Names You Want To Post Because Nobody Gets "Epi

"Whatever Names You Want To Post Because Nobody Gets "Epic""

Kiba, fuck you. Fuck you for either implying I don't get "Epic", or for implying I do but I am Nobody. Chris P Bacon is as epic as all getup. To say otherwise is an insult to me, an insult to the English language because of your gross generalisation, but worst of all and most unforgivably, it's an insult to bacon. I hope you bleed a painful but non fatal amount.
by Gingefners, The
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi

mue 26 wrote:Fucking ell, I completely forgot about that. Thankfully I think Pat was the only one who had the pleasure of actually witnessing it.

Sounds like Crimson Ryan saw it too and saved it. I dunno which is weirder :???:
by Gingefners, The
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Justified's fourth season started last night. Absolutely loved the premier.
This show almost never hits a flat note for me. Once or twice during the first season, but everything since then has just been awesome.
Easily my favorite show right now.

Aye, agree with this. As great as many shows are right now, and in recent years, none are as fun as Justified. Plus Walton Goggins is the greatest man alive. In an ideal world he'd play every character on every TV show and film.

And tonight, the new season of Archer begins! oooo I can't wait.
\o/
by Gingefners, The
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Brock signed a 2 contract. Hope to see a match with him and brock happen.

Hmmm, I dunno if Brock could have a good match with himself, but it'd be fun to watch him try this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7Klz9Rk1k[/youtube]
by Gingefners, The
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meteor Crashes in russia. Thousands of undies turn brown

Fucking idiot. :roll:

Ask yourself this, would you want me any other way? ;-)

There are many other ways that I, personally, would want you to be. Paralysed, diseased, emotionally crippled, dead, glued to a NASCAR track, teleported to Russia... it doesn't matter if is it's an area populated by people that will no doubt despise you or the baron frozen wilderness. Either would be tasty as. I think I'd prefer the latter, however. The extreme temperatures would hopefully cause your glasses to shatter with the shards embedding themselves in your eyes, leaving you to wander blinded and dying slowly of hypothermia. Mmmm. I could list all night but I should stop. It's giving me a stiffy.

And this is where you call me a hater. Original. But nah. I don't hate you specifically. I'm a loving guy. I just hate cunts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
by Gingefners, The
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for us GD'ers...

I don't like the random thoughts topic. The topic might be fine if it contained random thoughts, but instead it's loaded with banal images that don't even provide any thoughts at all. Not even thoughts about the image they stole (Yes, I'm assuming you didn't personally create those images/gifs. If you did I apologise).

Perhaps lock all the "What made you happy/sad/grumpy/sleepy/horny" style topics, and leave one random thoughts topic to contain only random thoughts. Meaning a post must contain at least some minimal amount of effort, even if it's just "I found this funny." along with image. Maybe also have a no quote rule for this random thoughts topic? If a thought is worth responding to and discussing, start a topic and reply there.
by Gingefners, The
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Justified

A topic for OL to talk to himself some more about the show.

But yes, season 4 just ended. Terrific season once again and it's cemented it's place as the best show being currently made*. Terrific cast of actors. Among the best dialogue on anything I've ever seen - So good I could watch a whole season of Raylan and Boyd talking about coal and it'd still be great. Superb characters throughout. Class act all the way. SO EVERYONE WATCH IT.

*Excluding shows I haven't watched, obvs. But this is still better than them.
by Gingefners, The
Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v96d9NLMaFs[/youtube]

Now I want to buy a show about bears narrated by Bryan instead of Mania.
by Gingefners, The
Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Justified

Listen to this man. He speaks wise words.

sig'd

I think a big part of why it's so good is that it's consistently funny. And not like sitcom/jokey-jokey funny, but more like clever dialogue-funny. Like how Pulp Fiction, for example, can have you laughing the whole way without actually telling any jokes. I love that kind of thing, and Justified is just filled with it.

Ha! I originally had a line saying it's as funny as any sitcom currently going, but felt it gave the wrong impression about the show's style so it got deleted. Kudos for capturing that element better than I did. It just a delight to watch. How can you not love this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fwoe8l2Y0U

I guess one more thing to add for anyone thinking of watching it, is to give it at least 5 or 6 episodes. Not because the early episodes are bad, but they give the impression the show is just an above average case of the week show.
by Gingefners, The
Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community

Yeah, it went downhill during Season 3. Up and down, sure, but you can't say Harmon leaving caused a decline when he was there for shite like the whole Emperor Chang thing. The gimmicks did get a bit to much too, I agree. The D&D episode is one of my favourite episodes of anything ever so I don't mind them to much when they could hit high points like that, and I don't think any of them were near as bad as the puppet one. Oh that was dreadful. It was a good thing you turned it off before it reached the end where they shared their worst secrets. Annie revealing she allowed a lecturer to give her foot rubs in return for test answers and Troy saying he caused a huge fire that endangered many lives were brushed over like they were nothing. And Britta's was she doesn't vote :-o

That said I haven't liked season 4 much at all even when it's being normal. It's gone overboard with lazy exposition, explaining their own jokes and throwing in references for the sake of it. Where Abed once was a character who used tv tropes as a way to cope with reality, he's now just used for lazy exposition under the guise of being meta. I don't mind his freak outs though. Autistic people sometimes react like that. They've done nothing with Troy all season except a few lines about him being dumb which is a real waste of a talent like Donald Glover. Annie seems waaay off too, with that secret of hers and the way she was pretending to be Jeff's wife. They've undone all her development and made her more childlike and naive than she was at the start of the show. There's still a few decent jokes, and the cast is good enough to elevate subpar writing to something watchable but it's a long way from the first 2 seasons me thinks.
by Gingefners, The
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Mo' Gin

beedle wrote: got a letter through the post from ITV once. he signed me up to audition for britain's got talent

It was an animal act called "Rodgers That", I believe.
by Gingefners, The
Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

You're all shitehawks for not asking where I am. All except Mue. Mue is a shitehawk for different reasons.
by Gingefners, The
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic