Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Alright, fess up, who bought the dinner date with Yu
by InsanityIsCrazy
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

From what I've heard, shorter kickstarters create a sense of pressure on the buyers because it gives them a sense of urgency, making them feel like they have to donate asap.
That said, they certainly should have made an announcement that the kickstarter was coming, before they actually started it. Something like "we're gonna have a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 next month" would have given people more time to prepare, maybe put some money aside to make bigger donations... I still haven't donated yet, but I doubt I'll be able to afford more than the 175$ reward. But if I had known in advance, I would certainly have saved up 500$ or more for it.
I suspect people here set aside money for shenmue like most parents set aside money for their childrens college
by InsanityIsCrazy
Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue: The Movie Remastered (Fan Remake)

Really digging this. It's like a longplay without commentary. Looks great, too.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Stranger Things is 80s as hell. Lovin it.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

God I want another Alien: Isolation

with 4v1 multiplayer

and full vr support
by InsanityIsCrazy
Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

Totally missed this thread. Whoops!

I was convinced that this community had broken their 401ks early to fund the kickstarter. I'm also becoming convinced that Shenmue is some sort of MKULTRA level indoctrination program to make us love the 80s. I never thought in 2016 that I'd be drinking craft beer at my local retro arcade and listening to synthwave while catching up on SIII news.

What a time to be alive.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #62: Yu Suzuki & The Music of Shenmue

Kintor wrote: Wow, Yu Suzuki knows how to play and write music as well? I had no idea. The man is just insanely talented.

He knows his morning drinking, too.

My man.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

And net neutrality is dead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ajit-pai-net-neutrality-foe-is-new-head-of-the-fcc-president-trump/

Not so fast.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/#24fd04b54c7f

The near-universal misreporting of Pai’s true views on net neutrality is in part an example of the kind of sloppy reporting of the kind Nate Silver, reflecting on coverage of the Presidential campaign, recently characterized as “including pervasive groupthink among media elites, an unhealthy obsession with the insider’s view of politics, a lack of analytical rigor, a failure to appreciate uncertainty, a sluggishness to self-correct when new evidence contradicts pre-existing beliefs, and a narrow viewpoint that lacks perspective from the longer arc of American history.”

I'm more than willing to believe that biased media, especially online media, is jumping the gun on this guy. Our press needs a much-deserved lobotomy.

Oh, and since the article mentioned ol' Natey, behold:

http://i.imgur.com/6Z9QQj3.jpg
by InsanityIsCrazy
Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm proud to say that I worked on the Trump campaign in his building early in the campaign. Apart of the early rag tag team that was told it couldn't be done. You're welcome! :D

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p206x206/13124432_10156816037890099_2199522271368943534_n.jpg?oh=ad496a43ee13db8d3d8affc658258085&oe=593DEB6B
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13062006_10156816709710099_420207603074984863_n.jpg?oh=eb099118c6d0eb459a33390039918cfa&oe=59491F80
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13124925_10156816709735099_5382541046727327497_n.jpg?oh=39989627de8e7faca41a9f1a2e94e09e&oe=5944A5D9
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13083350_10156816709965099_3276988778820960409_n.jpg?oh=cd03d7c930ba41446177f939367b8ac6&oe=593E7D4C
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12963846_10156729398675099_5381874361010972887_n.jpg?oh=0c1c0f33ebe2af50aeeb3363d550c5b6&oe=594A0226
https://media.giphy.com/media/KM4gNElRHcFH2/giphy.gif

Dude, where can I get some Trump Vodka? I need it. For research.

Curious why those of Shenmue Dojo who support Trump. Whether you voted for him or you're not American and still support his policies, I'm curious why you support him. Are you worried about anything in particular regarding his administration? What are you looking forward to? How would you rate their first few weeks in office?

Not a judgement at all but curious to know and hoping we can come to some kind of understanding.

Big boy post incoming:

The Democratic party pissed on their voting base without even the courtesy of calling it rain. They held a farce of a democratic process consisting of some light-weights, an actual communist, and Hillary Clinton (it was her turn, you know?). They somehow thought the DNC tipping the scales for Their Woman wouldn't be seen as snubbing the youth vote. They ran on a platform of inclusion and "listen and believe" while shunning the be-labeled "Bernie Bros" and bragging about putting Bill Clinton in charge of the economy.

And they thought these were all positive things!

Not to mention the media's almost willing eagerness to play down the party's problems with email security, classified intelligence, and arguments as to which Trump supporter should be beaten to death first ("deplorables" was Hillary's "47%" comment and they still won't admit it). Democrats wonder why they have such a messaging problem? Health insurance premiums skyrocketed and Obama devoted actual television time to discuss transgender bathrooms. Hillary's official website seriously discussed the mind-blowing ramifications of a cartoon frog. How the hell did they expect that to play for anybody outside their bubble? Were they trying to blow this thing?! Considering their "pied piper" strategy, I guess it was all a part of the plan.

AND WHO IN THE GOD-DAMN GAVE ANTHONY WEINER A CELL PHONE!?!

Sigh. Democrats let me down this cycle. Profoundly. They're being cannibalized by the tumblr sensationalism of white privilege, man-splainy lunacy. Not that I don't understand those ideas! I do! But bloviating about how shitty white people are is how they got their asses handed to them! And it doesn't seem like they've learned that lesson yet.

The media is absolutely part of the problem, too. In their own special way, they brought this hatred on themselves, by ignoring their professional roots and clinging to context-free sensationalism, using garbage social media as primary sources, and, oh yeah, propping up Donny as a joke candidate until he wasn't. All part of the plan, right?

Since I'm already insane, I knew Trump had a pretty decent chance back in September of 2015. That primary, to me, was the most democratic process I'd seen in years, even if the result was absolute madness. I had to admit, watching real-estate talky WWE hall-of-famer man utterly destroy the Bush and Clinton dynasties through bantz was magical. He, at least to me, was a protest vote that mattered more than any third party, and I'm willing to bet a decent chunk of independents felt the same way. Since I now own a piece of his victory, it's gonna be my job to follow how this all shakes out in the coming years, as I think a pretty decent chunk of democrats simply fell asleep after electing / re-electing Obama and stopped caring about some of the shady shit coming from his administration. There's potential for real atrocities in this administration, no mistaking it, but I'm wrestling against my left-of-center moral compass and trying not to blanket-condemn every thing he's done so far. Yes, even Devos, and even the travel ban, which is working its way through the courts.

What's happening now is a venting phase for Democrats. It's worrying to me, as their history of political violence is pretty well documented starting in the late 60s / 70s. David Hines had a decent tweet-storm about it and the coming phases here . They started believing the "Trump is Hitler" talk to the point that "punching Nazis" is gonna generate all the wrong problems, but honestly? I feel like the Ds and Rs have become so polarized to each other that, if not this cycle, it'd happen next cycle. So I guess this is where we are now.

The ride never ends.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's the thing. No, Trump is not a fascist. No, he's not a Nazi. He's just a thick, incompetent man who's discovered populism. Fascism is at least a somewhat coherent ideology. A lot of his supporters and some of the people he surrounds himself with are nasty far 'alt' right pieces of work. Therefore, he should be opposed by all decent people, including decent conservatives.

However, even if we ignore how grotesque the policies he puts forward are and the views he (supposedly) holds, the man is so vastly incompetent , how anyone can seriously consider him suitable for even a low income job, let alone the most powerful position in the world, is mad to me. Do you think he has ever read a book? What do you think he reads? Do you think he understands the basic concepts of the American constitution? He is utterly, utterly foul. There are few people less worthy of that job than he.

'Anyone in America can be the President' used to be a positive thing people said, takes a different meaning now that infantile cretin got in. Still, at least he's funny.

I keep seeing this word being thrown around. Why? I mean, he's a blustery showman who has questionable morals, sure. He's egotistical and blunt. What I don't think he is, and what most people who lost to him thought, was that he's a moron who got to where he is through happenstance or the alignment of the planets. That's dangerously naive. It also shows a severe underestimation of a Big City mindset (or New York Values as Teddy so-called it). By that I mean, the kind of man who's made a name for himself for ~40 years in one of the largest cities of this country without succumbing to either material excess (drugs) or the pitfalls of high-stakes living (murder / suicide). He saw what alcoholism did to his brother, and he saw what actual incompetence did to his friends in September of '01. You could tell during the debates that, if he had a knife, he would've stabbed Jeb Bush when he said his brother "kept the country safe."

This isn't so much a defense of Trump the man as it is a summary of "Trump" the brand. The definition of incompetent means "to not succeed," but let's face it: dude's still alive well into his 70s, has towers with his name on them, a large family business that is being managed by his well-off children, and survived more than a few dangerous business deals. Oh, and he won a national election despite the entire political establishment vying for his blood and the Democratic machine painting him and his supporters as vile arch-demons. He succeeded. Much to our country's chagrin.

What I'll say is that our institutions have become, or appear to have become, incompetent to the point that someone like Trump seemed palatable to a winning majority of voters. That, to me, is the most dangerous takeaway from this, and I don't think you can blame one single party on it. The entire interconnected system of government, press, and political class failed the people, and in their loss and madness they shrieked the opposite: that the public failed them.

Side-note: if you wanna know how the alt-right became a thing, you can blame every media outlet and pundit who called them Nazis in the first place. Do you think they would've gained traction anywhere outside of twitter had Team Clinton and CNN not lambasted them publicly? This far into technology, and supposedly smart people still don't understand how trolling works.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Once again:

My man.

They should open a second kickstarter for Yu's liquor fund.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So no one is going to pass off the article I linked above as fake news?? If not, anyone here that thinks it's good policy?

Invasive medical scrutiny that could easily extend to their relatives, potentially putting whole families at risk for discrimination is sure what America needs right now (sarcasm).
It may seem like a no brainer to you and I, although I've seen arguments from some that advocate it as being essential to "businesses' rights". Sometimes I feel as though I live in a different reality from Americans.

Identity politics warps reality for a lot of Americans. For capital R Republicans, you live in a country that's being flooded with mexican drug cartels and suicidal middle-easterns. You're also chancing your pensions to limp-wristed unemployable college kids who whine about White Privilege and think institutional education should be funded by the powers of virtue signalling and Good Feels.

For capital D Democrats, you live in a country that's rapidly changing into the Russian-led Fourth Reich led by Der Orangemensch. Nazis freely roam the streets, knocking hijabs off of transgender middle-eastern women, spraying neon swastikas on sidewalks, and sending death mobs to your house via Twitter.

It's making life pretty bonkers for everyone caught between those extremes.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New official survey from Sega

Done. Got my chance to plug Burning Rangers, too.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Thu May 25, 2017 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Officially Delayed to 2018 (Second Half)

Oh no, that thing I've waited ~15 years for is delayed a year. How will I deal.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic