Search found more than 1420 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

http://i.imgur.com/yvWFf.jpg
Quentin Tarantino is finally making Kill Bill Vol. III Tarantino revealed he wants part 3 to take place 10 years after the events of Kill Bill Vol.2, presumably so that Vernita Green’s daughter (Nikki) can be old enough to track down The Bride (Uma Thurman/Black Mamba) to get revenge for killing her mother right in front of her. Vernita Green (portrayed by Vivica A. Fox), A.K.A. Copperhead, was a member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. She took part in the massacre at the Two Pines Wedding Chapel. She was second on The Bride’s “Death List Five.” Four years after the massacre she is living a normal life in Pasadena, Ca. under the alias of Jeanie Bell. She was trained in hand-to-hand combat and knife fighting, and it is hinted that she and The Bride shared a mutual, professional respect for each other. At the start of the first movie, they engage in a vicious fight, destroying Vernita’s living room in the process. However, Green’s four-year-old daughter Nikki arrives home in the middle of the fight, and they stop fighting since the Bride doesn’t want to kill Vernita in front of her young daughter. Green sends Nikki to her room and she talks with the Bride over coffee, apologizing for betraying her and asking for mercy on behalf of her family. The Bride coldly refuses and they agree to meet in the middle of the night to have a knife fight. However, Vernita betrays her promise, and tries to shoot the Bride with a handgun concealed within a cereal box (aptly named Kaboom). She misses and the Bride throws a knife into her heart, killing her. Her death is witnessed by Nikki which the Bride had not intended. The Bride tells Nikki, “When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I’ll be waiting.” Well, looks like Copperhead’s daughter (secretly trained by the eye-patch wearing Elle, who we learn didn’t actually die in that trailer) is going to attempt to exact a bloody revenge! Oh, and let’s not forget that The Bride also had a four year old daughter. I have a feeling that these lil b*tches are going to be going at it H.A.M.!
by Dorian
Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Three Movies Loglines

Well that one makes me/keeps me interested.
by Spokane
Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brave Little Toaster remake...except it's an iphone

Ruins the point of the object being simple and ordinary yet doing amazing things.
Next thing you know the hubble space telescope has feelings too.
Hover Boards make baby's.
And light sabers discover the meaning of life.

In a world with technology taking over our lives it would have been refreshing to look at a simple object like a toaster again and find it admerable its trying to make itself relivant still amoung modern devices.
Instead we are supposed to feel simpathy for advanced technology and what? Feel sorry it sells so well and is overly a part of our lives?
by Axm
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Raiden:

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara01.png

Enemies:

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara02.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara03.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara04.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara05.png

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/images/chara06.png

Gifs:

http://www.abload.de/img/ai2kog.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/a0gkl5.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibxwgAn1Y7DjdS.gif

http://i.minus.com/im7HbDrUvVE54.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/risingrunkmsmp.gif

http://www.abload.de/img/a6aqyl.gif

Codec team revealed (5 of them! Definitely better than MGS4):

http://www.abload.de/img/cut-what-you-will-metsjq3z.jpg
by Henry Spencer
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Bluecast wrote: ^ I will say whatever I want when I want how i want.

No, you won't. We have rules, and personal attacks are out of the question.
So stop.
by OL
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Cool your jets, Ryudo. Otherwise take a vacation.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Three Movies Loglines

A suggestion:

A twenty-something signs up to test high-tech weapons in a series of Duels to wipe his debt. His next opponent proves to be his equal... but if one of them doesn't win soon, both will lose!

Just my preference, but this one combines the mention of duelling to test weapons (which is an awesome freaking idea) along with the idea that one has to kill the other, or neither will remain alive.
I think the "weapons testing by way of duel" is the clincher, the unique twist on action concepts that immediately sets it apart (kind of like the idea of curving bullets in Wanted, for example). And the "both will lose" part makes sure they know that it has a sort of Battle Royale-style requirement for death, which would immediately get someone interested in the possible tension it might allow, since these two are apparently equals in skill.
by OL
Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pete, don't you think thats a bit harsh? We all have our issues and god knows Adam has his. We're all friends and while we may piss each other off I don't think we should let things come to this. He didn't need to create another account, he broke the rules and if he keeps breaking them then its totally reasonable that you ban him but try not to make it personal by saying the kind of stuff you have. Whatever issues he has, and whatever is causing him to act the way he does he'll have to deal with it. The best thing to do is just respond to his actions without making it too much of a spectacle.

So its ok to just have this happen over and over and over again? This is a regular occurance, and its tiring. Its not harsh at all, he made an alternate account to come back and do the same things he was banned for. Not too long ago, there was a blanket ban on new members signing up because he was banned and making alternate accounts. You have been on message boards long enough not to do that and so has he, and its not just attacks on other people now its threats of self harm . Are you serious?

I am not gonna go down the road of "oohh you need to get help", or "get off the internet" because its been done before and its not happening, nor will it work. He created his own forums to get away from here and in less than a month, look what happens again. Dont you think its slightly odd that his "outbursts" are only here and not at his forums or even Hazuki Dojo? I was finished with him ages ago. I am not a friend of his. I disagree with a lot of principles he lives his life by, with number one, living a life on the internet. I am done talking about him because thats what he wants. Thats what he needs. His blue font to make him stand out.

I dont need that. Other members, old and new dont need that. Any online community doesnt need that.
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

random thought of the day.

i found out a kid i went to school with since middle school got hit by a car and killed this morning. i wasn't really friends with him, wasn't enemies, we just knew each other, went to school with each other.

i saw him a month or so ago at this bar called shenanigan's. i was hanging with my friend and we were drinking a pitcher of beer. i saw this kid in there, he walks up to us, does the whole 'aw man it has been a long time, how are you doin man?' conversation.

after a short conversation he went to go hang out with his friend he was there with.

in hindsight, even though we didn't really say much to each other over the years, i kind of wish i would have put forth the effort to have a worthwhile conversation instead of the basic how is the weather kind of talk.

good ol' hindsight.
by dbzruler88
Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Birty wrote: I have 2 weeks off work starting from today and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do with myself. ](*,)

Drink?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong losing his cool.

I thought that shit was so funny. Like he's trying to be all punk rock about it. :lol:

I honestly don't think I've ever seen another mainstream band that tries so hard to fit into a specific "scene" label as much as they have. I remember seeing a Behind the Music with them, and half the damn thing was them talking about how every time a new album or song came out, they'd wonder "is it punk enough?"
Hilarious and pathetic all at once.
by OL
Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

Poetry in Motion sounds like a club for the benders at school who enjoy English class to much.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry to hear she's having a hard time, but I guess its good to count the small victories atleast she got to walk away from it. So long as you have a life to live, you've got a life to make better.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Fable Series

Nah, I reckon peeps are too harsh when it comes to Fable. They moan about what it should be rather than appreciating what it is... just a simplistic game to run through. I like challenging games, love my stealth shit, but sometimes I just wanna hack n slash through hordes with a little RPG element to it and a decent enough story. The Fable series has never set the industry alight, but it's enjoyable enough for me to like it, and that's all that matters really. If I wanted more in-depth gameplay, I'd play another game.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Celebrities reaching out to their fans, networking to boost business, posting news? Very useless...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, all celebs have someone post for them... And they never give out info like tour dates, up-to-date-by-the-second news of who they're working with for their new album, or interesting facts or opinions about their current or previous work.

Yet another invalid opinion from anti-mainstreamists who look down their noses on anything popular. I'm sure a person who starts topics titled "Dev Comment of the Day" and "Gaming Thoughts of the Day" would have no interest in such a site...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I stopped using it because I got bored of it and how useless it is. And fuck off with this popular bullshit and shove it right back in your ass where you got it. I don;t hate anything because popularity. You guys are fucking retards for thinking that.

Yeah because Bone thugs was never popular or Coolio or Eazy E or Metalica or pink Floyd,cyndi lauper.

Star Trek Breaking Bad, Mad Men,Ninja Turtles,Thundercats,Dexter and more

Final Fantasy,Portal,Sonic,SEGA,Dreamcast,Genesis wait I have 305 games a large portion of them are well known! OMGTF same with my DVD's. So seriously fuck off with that shit really pisses me off.

So fuck you I'm out of this topic before it gets worse but I'm tired of that disrespect

Then get out of the topic! You were given a weeks ban and within an hour of being back your getting up peoples backs again? Put it like this, you disrespect another member on here AT ALL, and your banned for good. Got it? Oh and if you are wondering what disrespecting members entails, its telling them to fuck off, shove anything up their asses or calling them retards because they disagree with you. Pure and simple.
by Peter
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the 90's rocked

http://i.imgur.com/3kuTw.jpg

Tiger Handhelds.

Had to share some turtles goodness :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/animegamer183/TMNTCereal.jpg

Anyone remember how amazing this was? I distinctly remember it. it was like chex with marshmallows, hasnt been anything like it since. And I just want to say thats one of the coolest cereal boxes ever made.

http://www.thesewerden.com/2011/05/issue-11-eat-up-dude-part-1.html

Ironically a couple of the things listed on that page are still in my cabinets right now, I still have one of the TMNT cereal bowls and the white cup (which I still use from time to time for nostalgia's sake), and also the lap tray thing I had as well. There really wasnt much the turtles didnt get put on, I remember seeing them on frozen chicken pot pie boxes back then even. I wouldnt mind having another bowl of that cereal, I know that.
The "No tropical oils" on the box got me curious, that's something we didn't have here in the UK so I looked it up and found this.

"Tropical oils" refers to oils made from palm, palm kernel and coconut oils. In the 1980s, the American soybean industry was worried that foreign tropical oils would replace their oils as the number one fat, and take money from the American farmer.

A public relations firm working for the American soybean industry devised a campaign that would help to convince consumers that tropical oils were unhealthful. Foods made with soybean oil were labelled "contains no tropical oils." Later the U.S. Federal Trade Commission made that label illegal because there was an implied health claim that tropical oils are harmful and there is no evidence to back it up. the total amount of tropical oils in the U.S. diet was about two percent, so anything that caused consumers to avoid them would have a negligible effect on cholesterol. The whole issue was a trade war and not about health effects.

Tropical oils are used in foods for functional reasons. They are excellent for shortening because they don't get rancid easily, they produce flaky pastry and good color on fried foods, and they don't give a greasy feel to crackers. It is difficult to substitute most other vegetable oils for the tropical ones because their polyunsaturated fats have a short shelf life. To prolong the shelf life, manufacturers convert soybean oil in your food to partially hydrogenated oils which are known to be harmful to your health (increasing risk for a heart attacks and certain cancers).

The countries with the highest palm oil intakes in the world are Costa Rica and Malaysia. Their heart disease rates and serum cholesterol levels are much lower than in western nations. This never was a real health issue.
by Bambi
Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

This might be the funniest I've ever seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc[/youtube]
by KiBa
Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On October 3rd, 2012 at 4:41pm Eastern Standard Time...

SONIKKU GOT BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE!

(Insert Commander Shepard with shaking mountain dew cans here)
by Sonikku
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

To play devils advocate you do have a nack for liking games with not so stellar reviews. Not harping on you or anything and not disagreeing or agreeing with the reviews as I can't judge for not playing a single entry since 4. Just saying you often gravitate towards games with mixed reviews or bad ones. Not always but quite a bit and not saying it's a bad thing. Just making a neutral point.

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a misconception. It's not that I gravitate toward games with less-than-stellar reviews, necessarily. It's just that when I find one like that which I feel is unjustly trampled on (or ignored) I tend to sing their praises more, because I think more people should take note of them and maybe give them a fair shot.
I usually love games that are reviewed really well too, it's just that they usually have no need for me to spread the word about them; people already know about them, so a slightly more quiet appreciation of them is fine on my part (though the nerdy fondness I have for them still occasionally comes out).
Hence my usual silence on series like Half-Life or Zelda. I love them both to death, but people already know they're great.
Something like, say, Dead to Rights: Retribution or The Club?
Most ignored them, so I might be a little more vocal on the subject.
by OL
Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trailers for Upcoming Movies you are interested in.

Taken was surprisingly good. Looking forward to seeing Taken 2.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqn2L6kQQt8[/youtube]

Great to see Zemeckis skipping the CG bullshit for something real.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cobain is the most overrated celeb ever and fucking boring to hear about. How much more can people say that has not been said a billion fucking times and his ex wife continues to make money on his corpse.

Standard ignorant post. Kenny has said only a few posts up that he is someone who means an awful lot to him and you just come into the topic and completely disrespect his intentions. At least Dorian gave some kinda reason as to why he felt Kenny should steer clear of the subject. Not cool, man.
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok Yokosuka Martian hasn't posted since Pete met him so I think it's blatantly obvious his either tied up in Pete's basement or dead but still in the basement.
by Riku Rose
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

south carmain wrote:
Axm wrote:im gonna throw my first born off the grand canyon.

because you weren't going to do it anyway? that's the only way to teach him how to be a man, man

Worked for Kazuya from Tekken..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Just got back from Taken 2. Very poor. I hope Fox aren't trying to make this 'their' big solo-action franchise. Generic, very short (1h 20) and completely unoriginal.
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

really good day. at 27 and married, I don't find alot of time to game and stuff at all, and I managed to play Lost Odyssey, Dissidia, and Fight Night rd 4, for substantial hours each today. lol and get studying and music practice done.
by Jokatech19
Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a job interview on Friday. This could be a big career job :???:
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Good Day to Die Hard

Anyone ever seen the alternate ending for Die Hard 3? One of the coolest alt endings I've seen. Bit of a tonal shift, but it comes off as much more creative than the ending they eventually used.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCyWvFGUuU[/youtube]
by OL
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

shengoro86 wrote: Just started watching Breaking Bad.

Good man.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Def a Sonic type music. :lol:

Also Congrats Kenny!
by Bluecast
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're living the dream, Kenny. I'm so happy for you.
by KiBa
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Kensuke :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grats ken!