Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

I think the problem most people(edit: well it's probably just my main problem) have with mobile games is micro-transactions and how they're spilling over into non-mobile games. It'd me like if they sold a move scroll in Shenmue for 99 cents. Of course they also are quick to tell you that you can unlock it without paying anything......by playing 37 straight hours of lucky hit.

You see, that's only a problem when the core gameplay isn't good. Whatever Yu has to pitch to Sony to get them to green light this game they should do it . At the end of the day, all that matters is that we get Shenmue 3. If they have to make compromises like imbeding micro transactions, so be it. When Sega gave us VF5 FS , they had to pitch it as a downloadable digital game only. Sacrifices had to be made to the game like the loss. Of customizable intros, and a shorter quest mode. At the end of the day, it was worth it to get a sequel to a game that. Sold horribly. Developers have to get with the times to survive.
by Gangsta Ren
Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic