Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Nah, the only place that makes sense for Shenmue 3 is DREAMCAST or even another SEGA console! haha But seriously though even if they released only a 1000 copies of Shenmue 3 for the DC through an online store only, it would definitely sell! People don`t realize that the Dreamcast has the most passionate, most loyal and most dedicated fan base around. Tons of people still game with their DC and thats why companies like Hucast & NGDev still make brand new Dreamcast games that sell like hot cakes. It would be awesome if Sega at least released a 1000 copies or maybe less for the DC a long with whatever current gen console they wanted the game on.

I`m glad DC got Shenmue 1 & 2, I don`t care about playing them on any other system, don`t care for any HD remakes. The DC is their home and thats where I will play them, I have my VGA cable set up, so need for a HD remake for me, I got the best damn quality you can get from them. And either way I don`t like some of the HD remakes like Sonic Adventure, to me the game looks very butchered for HD compared to how it looks on my DC with VGA. Someone was saying Peter Moore stole Shenmue 2 from the DC, maybe in a way for Amercian fans but the game still came out for the DC and maybe it was a good thing Moore did that because we got Shenmue 2 PAL in Japanese with Eng subtitles! I think they did that since Amercian fans couldn`t get an English dubbed version.

And even though I would love to see Shenmue 3, It does make me sad to know that it would end up on some other console instead of the DC or a Sega console. Of course it has to be done, you got to make money and obviously you need to be going for the current gen stuff. But it does make me sad, as I would rather play it on my DC, thats why it would be amazing if Sega did release a few online only limited copies for the DC! They would definitely sell! haha
by GrimMeNaCe
Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New GDC Plot image discussion *Spoilers*

I still don't understand...if Suzuki has 11 chapters in mind, then why did Shin Ishikawa write down 16?

And WHY did SEGA Europe announce Shenmue III was in development way back when? Something has to be deep inside SEGA...even if it's very, very early in development life. Not current, but started back after Shenmue II was released.

From 2010:

In the Famitsu.com interview, Suzuki explained what he means by "chapters." Suzuki uses the style of novelizing his scenarios before converting them into a game script. He takes this approach because he feels the story and emotional impact can be more deeply expressed through novelizations. It's not necessarily the case that these novelizations are converted directly into game form, but they are made with the idea of being converted into games, inserting quick timer events in one area, inserting gameplay systems in other areas, and so-forth.

Just because there are eleven chapters, it doesn't seem that Suzuki actually plans on having eleven Shenmue games at some point. Thinking about how to put those eleven chapters into the form of a game is something Suzuki feels he'll have to consider if given the chance to make a new Shenmue. "It would be possible to finish the entire story in a single game if we were to show just the highlights and skip over parts," said Suzuki. Joking that the game would probably never reach the end if they made one title every five years, he said, "If given the chance, I'd have to think about the scale and the time frame. The Shenmue essence is, of course, in the scenarios I've made. I'd have to think how to make something from them."
by Ziming
Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

The Walking Dead is one of the biggest properties at the moment with the TV show and comics being some of the most popular in their respective mediums, that's partly why the game sells so well. I like Shenmue but the story in the game is far from good. The writing in the game is nowhere near as good as something like The Walking Dead game which is seen by most as one of the best written games ever and something that people will say inspired games in years to come. People are going to be more interested in a game from a known brand about zombies like The Walking Dead than Shenmue the weird Japanese game where you open draws for 3 hours and then maybe get into a fight. The idea that Shenmue could 'smash' The Walking Dead is ridicules.

Also they're cheap to make and are only 2 hour episodes made by groups of about 30-40 people. Shenmue is much more open and would require a lot more work to make then something like Walking Dead pushing up the costs. Episodic games work for cheaply made games but something like Shenmue would have to be a retail game unless we got a different type of game entirely.
by Riku Rose
Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic