Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Yu Suzuki déclare penser au Crownfunding type Kickstarter pour financer Shenmue 3 ! #MAGS

Yu Suzuki just said that he is thinking about a Kickstarter to fund the Shenmue 3 developement ! #MAGS

Here is the best translation I can give you all, this is great news ! :D

EDIT : This guy is legit, He works with pretty big independant french TV channel and is part of the event. He ask all the question directly to Yu ;)
by Shenman
Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Yu Suzuki aimerait également poursuivre l'histoire de Shenmue en Anime ou en Manga. #MAGS

Yu Suzuki wants to pursue Shenmue scenario via Manga and Anime too. #MAGS

So this means, not only games but manga and anime too to be perfectly precise and clear ;)
It is still something that Yu wants, not something that will be done for sure...
by Shenman
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

French interview of Yu Suzuki :) Arcade room stretch goal!

Hey everyone it's been a long time,
I'm translating right now some information to you, they are from this video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKb0vtQz8xo

At 1:01 : The announcement was very exciting, Shenmue 3 will be the direct sequel to Shenmue 2 ... (He makes a joke about ryo not being in the game.) Suzuki said the dog from later Shenmue could be replaced by a bear or a goat.

At 1:55 : Suzuki said that there were lots of big announcement at Sony conference and he was wondering if Shenmue 3 would have the same welcome applause as the others ... When he heard the applause, he was confident of the warm welcome of Shenmue 3

At 2:24 : Speaking about the idea of the kickstarter (the idea was almost launch by the interviewer) he said it is Ryan Payton that gave him the idea...

At 2:50 : "Does Shenmue 3 will contain arcade games ?"

Answer : "It is a very good idea indeed, I thought about it without taking a final decision. BUT There is an arcade room that will be added to the stretch goal of the kickstarter campaign. So it is a possibility" !

- At 3:43 it is asked : "What was Sega's role ?"

Answer : "they gave us all we needed about episode 1 and 2 for Shenmue 3 conception. And as I'm still advisor at Sega we have a strong trust relationship."

- At 4:10 : "About E3 footage"

Answer : "this is the actual game, we are using Unreal Engine 4 to build the game. It is still a prototype but what you saw was not a movie or a video but actual gameplay"

- At 4:30 : "About Cédric Biscay role"

Answer : "Cédric understand Japanese culture very well, through animes, video game and japanese cinema. He and his company help us to link Japan to the rest of the world, specifically Europe where he will do the marketing of the game."

- At 5:00 Interviewer ask Cedric Biscay : "How you were involved with the creation of Shenmue 3 ?"

Answer : "I'm a huge fan of Shenmue and we simply spoke about it the first time we met and as weird as it seemed, we were involved in it"

Question : "You business is french and you were like the leader that made Shenmue possible ?"

Answer : "Well i must stay humble but reality is that we were the starting point and it is important to say that the company is from Monaco, not France. We have now a branch in Japan so it is a great opportunity for us. it is been 13 years that we worked with Japan."

Question : "Can you tell us more about your role even if Suzuki san already told us a little bit ?"

Answer : "I'm in charge to found part of the funding, to promote the game and all the PC port also. it is a lot of work.

At 6:33 : "Do we have an estimation for the shipping date of the game ?"

Aswer : "So, the date is now December 2017 if everything is ok and we have no delay in production. We know that giving a date is a source of delay but for now, there is no issue on this side."

At 7:16 They said that they will see each other again at the MAGIC the 02/27/2015 Suzuki will be invited as the video game honor guest.
by Shenman
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

101 PUR 100 Cédric Biscay Shenmue 3 producer

Hello everyone ! :)

Here is a rapid translation of the latest interview from Cedric Biscay on the French TV channel "NoLife" :

http://noco.tv/emission/25671/nolife/101-pur-100/cedric-biscay-producteur-de-shenmue-iii Shenmue 3 part
Stream will go down on 02/18/2016
starts at : 6:50

Davy Mourier (presenter) : You have another project that you are working on right now, it is Shenmue 3. It is a Sega game so how did you get the license for that ?

Cedric Biscay : I’m a great fan of Shenmue since the beginning, I played 1 and 2 and like all the other fans, I asked why don’t we get a third installement ?

DM : You asked that question for quite a long time right ? (laughs)
CB : I always wondered why nobody was doing it… It sounded like the issue was ecenomical as the Dreamcast failed to sell well enough.
Knowing Yu Suzuki via my professional network in Japan, we discussed it and Sega wouldn’t let the licence go to whoever asked for it.
But they let it go after Shibuya Production made a serious offer to them. We succeed where a lots of major actors of the industry failed.
Those actors wanted it not only for business but mainly for the aura, the image that it represents, it is a very anticipated game and ever since we’ve announced it, it remains as one of the 100 most anticipated game.

GUEST : There was a kickstarter on it ?

DM : Kickstarter gather 6 millions

GUEST : Did you launched it ?

CB : Yes, with Japanese staff and we broke 2 world records with it…

GUEST : Wich records ?

CB : Fastest kickstarted game, we had the first million in 45 minutes and 8 hours for the second.

GUEST : Damn, wait for me, I have something to do (laughs)

CB : We also broke Kickstarter for a moment, We got a twitter notification to say the campaign was too popular and flooded the platform.

DM : You broke records, it is a huge amount of money… You launched another kickstarter on paypal this time, why ?

CB : No, it was not a second kickstarter, it is another crowdfunding operation asked by the japan staff. They got a lots of people asking to maintain the donation availability as Shenmue fans would like to continue donating to Shenmue 3.
This is another concept, the community is extremly active and want to keep the donation… I think you know this kind of thing with donation right ? (adress to GUEST)

GUEST : I was here to ask this question and I apologize in advance but this is not a kickstarter right, it is not as serious and strict as a kickstarter campaign so you can maybe understand that some people are not confident on this move, this has not the same guarantee…

CB : I can understand that people are not welcoming this second donation campaign but as far as it is a community request, we are pretty confident in it.
Fans want to participate more so we provide them with a way to do it, we are not in the press debates or anything…

GUEST : I can understand that but, the real question is and I do not wish that to happen at all : if Shemue 3 would not be made in the end, Kickstarter money will go back to the backers…

GUEST : You think that the money will go back to the backers ?

GUEST : Yes, this is a Kickstarter rules…

*Kickstarter bullshit debate…*

CB : No, I think that no one can have his money back if the goal is reached on KS. The only way is if the project didn’t met his goal.
Everyone know that on KS, there is not much of a guarantee about seeing the project be launched than on any other crowdfunding platform.

DM : People get a copy of the game ? or their name in the credits ?

CB : It depends on what you pay for, lots of people wanted the game in early acces…

DM : They pay for a game that ship in 4 years ?

CB : No i twill ship on Christmas of 2017 and we will keep the deadline. People backed for a lots of different things like name in the credits, having its own NPC ingame…

DM : We can be in the background of Shenmue 3 ??

CB : Yes

DM : OK

CB : And as a player, It would really got my interest ! (laughs)

DM : In 2013, you organize the Monaco Anime game show with the staff of the toulouse game show and since a year, you continue solo on the Monaco Anime Game International Conference (Magic)

*Joke on Davy that forgot the « Game » in MAGIC*

DM : So What is the Magic ?

CB : We wanted a free and very qualitative event on the exchange between authors of Video games and Animes.

DM : Free ? at Monaco ?? Didn’t they tried to kill you ?

GUEST : You have the 15€ Sandwich (laughs)

CB : That’s not true, we have good agreement and it is cheaper than most of the time… Even autographs are free…

DM : Americans are accepting that ??

CB : Yes yes, I think americans would accept lots of thing if their interest are met…

DM : Who are the guests ?

CB : Terasawa Buichi, Cobra creator… Yu Suzuki, Shenmue creator.

Pardon my english again and enjoy :)
by Shenman
Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

Please forgive me if any of my tweets contains mispelling as English is not my main language ;)
by Shenman
Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Well I hope you liked the coverage of the Magic Monaco so far ;)
by Shenman
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Great memories really !

Funny detail on that picture, the translator wrote my name on that paper
to show Yu Suzuki how to write it on my poster :)
Because Yu wanted to write my name, I didn't even asked him :D

by Shenman
Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"MAGIC - a fans retrospective"

Well hello everyone, As Peter did After the MAGIC 2016, I also did some kind of summary of this... Well "MAGIC" day but in video format. :)
I though it could be interesting for people wanting some backstage information...

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did when I recorded / edited it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVoQa0EiH7U

(do not forget to turn english subtitles on as it is a french video)

I don't think it really translate the pleasure I had in participating in that adventure but it is there for your enjoyement ! :D

Enjoy :heart:
by Shenman
Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SPOILERS AHEAD] And if all the cave mess was a dream ?

I'm not sure because in the FAQ part of the Monaco Magic, someone asked Yu about the magic, and Yu replied something like he doesn't necessarily think of it like wizardry, but more of a "Chi" sort of thing, it's something he truely believes in. Not an actual quote, but something like that :D, but because of that answer, it felt more to me like Yu meant and wanted that to happen within the story.

I heard that, I think that the Ki is more linked to the part where Ryo learn to makes the leaf to fall from a tree in a park in the South Carmain Quarter, and I'm OK with that.
What I don't like is levitation and all the fantasy that Suzuki said he was going to calm down :)

I read somewhere (I forget the exact source) that Yu just "threw in all that magical stuff at the end" because they didn't know if Shenmue 3 would happen at that point. He also spoke last year about "re-writing the ending" of Shenmue 2, right? So that Shenmue 3 picks straight up from Shenhua's house.
So maybe he will introduce the "magic" in more of a casual, progressive way rather than the in your face aspect we saw in the cave.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, maybe it will be a dream in the end ^^ I'm feeling better with the end of Shenmue 2 now :D
by Shenman
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SPOILERS AHEAD] And if all the cave mess was a dream ?

I think Sonoshee meant that article : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-04-i-could-do-with-a-bit-more-money-yu-suzuki-on-the-return-of-shenmue ;)

When we made Shenmue 2, we knew it was the last one," Suzuki reassures me. "We decided to go out with a bang - that's why there are those fantastical elements in there!
by Shenman
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic