Search found 228 matches

Return

Re: Post a PM

I don't remember having any conflict with you. Then again you call everyone a dumbass :lol:
by Bluecast
Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: X (New Monolith Soft Title)

I'm extremely happy but I do wish we could eventually see Baten Kaitos 3.

X also looks like it'll have a multiplayer aspect to it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD/3 Kickstarter

Don't be that guy... But yeah, the idea's been "kicked" around, but only SEGA or Suzuki himself would be able to do it.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Hotel Tonight Has an N64 Rental Service

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/mrandyk/P3190101.jpg
I'm travelling all over the country on business, and have been to many cool places, but I just found my favorite hotel yet in the Holiday Inn Express in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Could not believe my eyes when I got into my room and this was waiting for me. It's not even like the hotel is outdated or anything either, it's very nice.

$7 per hour for games that came out in 2000 or earlier is a bit much, but I still had two hours of bliss playing Starfox, Excitebike, Mario Tennis, and a little Mario 64. 2013 and this still exists. Awesome.
by mrandyk
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

'MERICA some towns want gun ownership mandatory

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765624139/Some-communities-seek-to-require-gun-ownership.html

Most recent is one in Georgia. Gee wiz the south..so shocking.
My personal hatred of guns aside. The US does have a 2nd Amendment. The right to bear arms. That is choice.
This violates a persons private rights yet it has passed in some places. What about people who can't afford a gun?
Mentally not fit? Just simply don't want one.

Thoughts?
by Bluecast
Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm getting a little sick of the medias attack on the Wi

Kenny wrote:
and taking my game to the shitter is like all my prayers have been answered.

LOL

Nintendo has always wanted us to live the dream

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twicefried with the slam dunk TWO POINTS!

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DuckTales is back - Wooooo!

LMAO @ Tim Schafer's quote.

It looks good, I never played the platformer though. I always played the DOS game when I was younger.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So dumb, pissed that nintendo is paying for the sequel that got cancelled to be made. Fuck it, if Nintendo said "Yeah we're fully funding Shenmue 3, you can do what you want but its WiiU only" I wouldn't be pissed I'd buy 2 more WiiUs.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: America has a sick obsession with guns.

Speaking as a non-US citizen, I believe that non-US citizens (I'm looking at you Piers Morgan), nor people who don't actually live in the US (sheltered and hotel/chauffer lifestyle doesn't count, Mr. Morgan) don't have a valid opinion. At all.

Also, to reference crime rates in another country based in another continent is moot due to cultural differences and the country's overall state. And besides that, the US has a rather unique system in which what may be illegal in one state is perfectly legal in another. So, whilst gun control may be the answer in Texas for example (using names - not the states themselves - as an example only ), it may not be for Illinois.

Bottom line is that laws ain't as black and white as people like to think due to how over-bureaucratised capitalist countries are, so the US as a whole will probably ramble on with this debate for a good few years until (hopefully) the perfect solution is met for each state and each citizen that inhabits it.

But if you want my invalid opinion, it's people - not guns - who are the problem. Make all these "scary-looking" and "demonised" guns illegal, and only the responsible gun owners suffer. Criminals will always be able to get hold of the weapon they want because, as their label suggests, they disregard the law.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: America has a sick obsession with guns.

Speaking as a non-US citizen, I believe that non-US citizens (I'm looking at you Piers Morgan), nor people who don't actually live in the US (sheltered and hotel/chauffer lifestyle doesn't count, Mr. Morgan) don't have a valid opinion. At all.

Also, to reference crime rates in another country based in another continent is moot due to cultural differences and the country's overall state. And besides that, the US has a rather unique system in which what may be illegal in one state is perfectly legal in another. So, whilst gun control may be the answer in Texas for example (using names - not the states themselves - as an example only ), it may not be for Illinois.

Bottom line is that laws ain't as black and white as people like to think due to how over-bureaucratised capitalist countries are, so the US as a whole will probably ramble on with this debate for a good few years until (hopefully) the perfect solution is met for each state and each citizen that inhabits it.

But if you want my invalid opinion, it's people - not guns - who are the problem. Make all these "scary-looking" and "demonised" guns illegal, and only the responsible gun owners suffer. Criminals will always be able to get hold of the weapon they want because, as their label suggests, they disregard the law.

this is the most intelligent reply to this topic thus far and probably the most intelligent that will be posted on this forum.
by beedle
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your most overlooked system or game

http://i.imgur.com/258qSPf.jpg

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

With all the love there is for 3D platformers on the Nintendo 64, I feel like this game never gets talked about. It has a great world, hilarious cast of characters, multiple playable characters with unique abilities, some really wonderful music. I wonder sometimes if this is my favorite Nintendo 64 game... I struggle between Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie and this game.

In fact the whole series is often overlooked but that's pretty much because most of them aren't available in the west. Anyway... I love this game and this series :)

D-D-DASH!
by Thief
Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

I'm undoubtedly a Nintendo toss munch, but the plain truth about this console (thus far) is there is bollock-all to get excited about it. When a new 3D Mario/Zelda/Mario Kart is available then things might change. No-one can start giving it the whole "blah blah blah regurgitated franchises blah blah blah", there's a reason why they sell by the bucketload - because they're fucking awesome.
by QWERTY
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your most overlooked system or game

Strikeout wrote:the best 2d platformer on the n64

By default?
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead-AMC

I haven't been keeping up with the new episodes this season since the premiere was so underwhelming. I feel like catching up though.

I think the Telltale game far eclipses the show a million miles in terms of story and characters. The show doesn't even get good until halfway in season 2, and even then its still not as good as the game's slower moments.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It shouldn't take a season and a half before things get interesting. Even Breaking Bad only took a few episodes before it got good.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See i thought it was well paced right from the start.

Season 3 has suffered by insisting on doing 2/3 Andrea heavy episodes which have just sucked. Hell they even had an episode without Rick and the main survivors.
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone loves Breaking Bad here. It's the most talked about show next to WD and MM.

WD is huge cause of the zombies, let's face it. It's the only way to consistently watch quality zombie on human violence without having to pay for it on the big screen. Everyone loves zombies. Fuck me, i'm trying to get a part as a zombie in this horror flick here.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I liked the show all the way up until the middle of Season 3. Then, nothing happened for the next 5 episodes and I haven't even watched the latest episode yet.

This is just how I feel. Season 3 started off so strongly and off the end of Season 2 where it seemed like so little happened, things just happened so fast that was engaging, shocking and emotional. The first half of S3 has one of the best episodes I've seen on any TV show ever. And then it comes to the town and the Govenor and it's just fizzled out.

I like the show, it's still enjoyable to watch but it's fairly inconsistent. At times it shows moments of brilliance while other times it just frustrates and annoys me with the writers having characters make stupid decisions in order to create some fake dramatic tension Looking at you pregnant Lori rushing out by herself to get Rick.

Of course having said that, it doesn't help that the show keeps going through different showrunners, with ones taking on other people's story arcs and having to work around that. The last few episodes have been taken on by a new showrunner, one who will lead the show next season, and I gotta say it looks promising. The past few episodes have been really good, the Rick/Carl/Michonne centered one in particular. Here's hoping he stays. And that he kills off Andrea soon because fuck Andrea.

I think the game tells a better story than the show though. Not because the show is really bad, but because the game is really good, that when you see it all you can't compare the two.

Also, The Walking Dead and Toy Story are one and the same.
by Tuffty
Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 on PlayStation 4 ?

So the manager of GDC tweeted that Suzuki and Cerny were talking Shenmue III.

Ohhhhh kay? But it will result in nothing :lol:
by Peter
Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 on PlayStation 4 ?

This news made me return to the forums!

I've missed your hypnotising avatar that, following a good five minute stare, repeatedly makes me question my sexuality. Then again, it's Jack Sparrow, who wouldn't?

And Yu doesn't work for SEGA, but he's still got ties and classed as an advisor. Whilst it's pretty much just a token gesture, it also means that he's free to do whatever he wants... with a dev studio that seemingly has about as much ambition as a 60 year old who collects trollies in the Tesco carpark for a living...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GDC manager tweet rumors Shenmue 3 for PS4.

Old friends talk at games convention - news at 11. ](*,)
by Henry Spencer
Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yet to play the game or read the comics,

The first episode is free right now on Xbox Live so give it a go. I think it's free up until Tuesday. It's my least favorite of the episodes but the whole thing is one of my favorite games ever. All the other episodes are half off right now as well so you can get the whole thing for 800 points.

As for favorite character it's probably Daryl. His the only guy who is never annoying and the most relate able of them all. If he goes out it'll be like Charlie in Lost.
by Riku Rose
Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Charlies death was fucking HARD man, damn what a show. But yeah Daryl is great, brilliant actor too, I'll give the game a go, cheers.
by Sailors?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6tE4Mblks[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC TV Series)

Been given a link but as it stands season 3 has been a disappointment for me so the waits not so bad.

They seem to be going out their way to butcher characters this season. And not in a good way.
by Who Really Cares?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mad Men

I forced myself to finish the pilot. None of the characters were likable, which is fine since they're a bunch of pretentious douchebags, but I didn't find them interesting either.

I didn't go into the show blind myself, so I'm not actually sure how the first few episodes play out to the completely uninitiated, but I'll share the detail that made me initially really interested to see what happens in the show. It's not revealed until late in the first season, I believe, but knowing it from the get-go was enough to make me want to see it all the way through. And, in seeing it all the way through, I became hooked by all of its other facets as well.
The spoiler:
Don Draper actually isn't Don Draper.
He served in the Korean War with a man named Don Draper, but when that guy was killed in an explosion, he switched his dog tags with him so that it would appear that he had died. Apparently he wasn't a fan of his old life.
So basically he's been living a lie, using the real Don Draper's accomplishments (like having gone to college, for example) to further his own life.
I just found that totally interesting when I heard it, and it made me want to watch the show from the start.
Make no mistake, it's not some kind of slam-bang, thrill-a-minute, twist-in-every-episode kind of show. Its characters are realistic , and they deal with problems that people actually would have back then. They aren't quite as sensationalized as most other shows would handle it all.
But at the same time, that means that it certainly has some of the most rounded characters ever to appear on television. Seriously, no one is one-dimensional. Everyone has their good points, everyone has their faults. And the writing is actually kind of incredible for juggling so many characters and making them all so deep. There's a lot (and I mean a lot ) of great, subtle humor throughout as well. And John Hamm has easily some of the greatest screen presence of any actor working in tv today (trust me, he'll grown on you in a huge way).

It may start a little slow, but I think that as a writer yourself, it'd probably be worth it to you to give it an extended chance sometime.
I'm almost never a fan of "drama" in general, without some sort of qualifying factor added in ("crime drama" for example). But Mad Men is just so good that I make an exception. A huge exception, since it's easily a favorite of mine right now.
by OL
Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whoose Line Is It Anyway? Returns

That show was awesome. Loved both versions but liked the UK version better as it didn't have Drew Carrey on it.
by Sir JC Denton
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christopher Nolan is an overrated director

In Nolan We Trust.

Hmmm. I'm not one to say he's a terrible director, far from it, but am I the only one that finds the universal geekdom circle jerk over his work a little galling? Granted, some of his work is very good but a lot of it is massively flawed too. Let's have a look at his films...

Memento: There's not much I can really say against this film as it is a fantastic body of work that put Nolan on the map, and deservedly so. The only thing I would say is it's probably too good a start and has thus made it hard for him to follow it up to the level that many would have hoped.

Insomnia: I found this film to be pretty poor in all honesty. It felt like a made for TV film, and with actors of the calibre of Al Pacino and Robin Williams you would expect a movie that leaves you with a real sense of belief and bit more of a lasting effect than this. I haven't seen the original Norwegian version but I would guess that it is a more tangible end product, as is usually the case with foreign films that are remade by Hollywood.

Batman Begins: I like this film, I really do, but I still wouldn't say that it is the definitive way to make a Batman film, even though it is the best of the trilogy imo. Yes, Nolan made it believable and managed to draw together a stellar cast, barring Katie Holmes (which is an obvious downside) but he still didn't nail the essence of Batman for me. A film halfway between this and Burton's original Batman with some additional actual detective work would be on point for me. Oh, and the Sarecrow was criminally under used, and I don't feel Cillian Murphy was a good choice for the role, but that's just... like... my opinion, yeah? I would have loved to have seen Aronofsky's take on Year One.

The Prestige: I would say this is up there with Memento as one of Nolan's best works. Many people complain about the clone aspect of the film but when it's an integral part of the original book then I can't see how he could have avoided it. Yep. There's nothing I can say against this film. David Bowie as Tesla is an inspired piece of casting too.

The Dark Knight: Ok here's where I think things start to go a tad awry. Of course Heath Ledger's performance goes down as one of the greats of the silver screen, but on repeated viewing I think the whole film loses it's magic having viewed it a few times. I seriously believe that Ledger's performance carries the whole film and without it we'd be looking at quite a drab and uninspiring movie which undoubtedly drags on far too long than it should. The showdown with the Joker pales in comparison to Burton's Batman too. I won't lie and say I wasn't in awe when I first saw it, but upon reflection I really don't believe it deserves the mantle of "Best Superhero Movie Evar" that many entitle it with as it doesn't have the endless watchability that a film with that title would have.

Inception: This is a film to make thick people feel clever. It's really not hard to understand. For a mega-budget blockbuster based on dreams it also doesn't have the aesthetic wonderment one would imagine. I watched it at the cinema, thought "it's ok", watched it at home - fell asleep. See my sig for a more definitive review of this film.

The Dark Knight Rises: I won't go into all the plotholes because they've been done to death but Bane's downfall was criminal and I really disliked the way he was made to be Talia's lapdog. The one true great scene in this film is the Batman vs Bane fight midway through, but other than that it's not really that memorable and like the Batman film that preceded it, suffers from repeated viewings. Oh and Talia's death scene made me do a lol.

Anyway, I'd love to go into further detail with each but I'm using my phone to type this (laptop has carked it) and it's a pain in the arse, so apologies for any misspellings or fucked up word replacements. Anyone agree or disagree?
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christopher Nolan is an overrated director

I agree with everything you said. His movies always have a flat feel to them. It's the same with guys like Ang Lee and Joss Whedon. They have great material but it always comes out visually bland.

I always thought Nolan was a better writer than a director but even then sometimes he fails at that too. Mostly cause he insists on either over-explaining a plot point or puts a fanciful idea in there and tries to justify it in a real world scenario. Joker's amazing but when you insist on grounding it too far into reality, I start distracting myself with questions like "where the hell is the army" rather than just sit back and enjoy what's on screen.

I'm not the go-to guy for Batman or anything superhero related, but I still think we have yet to come across the definitive superhero movie. Let alone Batman movie. To me the perfect Batman film is to take the amazing score of Danny Eflman/Shirley Walker, the visual gothic aesthetic of Tim Burton, and the witty quotable dialogue and mob gangster storyline of Chris Nolan. I don't think we're there yet, but we might be close.
by Kenny
Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote:he insists on either over-explaining a plot point

"That auto-pilot is like totally broke btw"

"Did I mention we still haven't fixt teh auto-pilot?"

"Auto-pilot"

"AUTO. PILOT."
by QWERTY
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Breaking Bad

http://i.imgur.com/kslIfnu.jpg

Okay, so everything else seems to have its own topic, why not Breaking Bad, too? A show where meth can lead people to kill, hate, lie, cheat, steal, drain people, backstab, argue a lot (really, the characters never stop arguing), cry (there's plenty of crying), go crazy, say "BITCH!", lie some more, hell, lie a whole lot. Meth makes people do some crazy shit, Mr. White. Love this show.

Season 5 Part 1 ended on quite the cliffhanger, what do people think is going to happen next? Spoiler tag everything, bitches!

Hank will accidentally reveal to Marie that Walter is Heisenberg, which will then force Hank to stop himself jumping the gun and try to arrest Walt. Or would Walt get so desperate to get away that he'd threaten Marie's life? Is he that far gone?
by Henry Spencer
Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Great to finally have a war where nobody will be able to start religion-based arguments! :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did like Inception, but I just found it ridiculous that people find it confusing. I found it really easy to follow.
by RyoHazuki84
Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: EA voted the 'worst company in America" [again]

You think some bored brainwashed extremists on the internet take up a high percentage of the people that dont like EA and are signing petitions to boycott them, and not only that but have the power/ability to actually get them to the top of the list of americas worst company? Give me a break.

This isn't some poll that was conducted nationwide by the government, reaching as many households and individuals as humanly possible.
This was some poll on "consumerist.com," which I can guarantee the grand majority of Americans have never heard of (I certainly hadn't), much less taken part in one of their polls.
So yes, I do believe that overly-passionate internet videogame dorks make up a high enough percentage of the ones taking part in the poll to put EA as the "winner" of it.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't even know what LBGTBLKSTD or whatever means. That wasn't a part of my point at all. I'm not saying EA are awesome, just that Peter Moore's comment on the subject of winning the poll made sense.
by OL
Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario RPG Games

I havent playn the most recent Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi, but have played the ones prior. And imo still nothing stacks up to SMRPG on SNES. Since it was co-developed by Square back in the day, it was way more of a traditional RPG that Nintendo just doesnt want to return to with these newer titles.
But I could play SMRPG 1000 times over and it would still be amazing. That game holds up very well in all departments. I love it. Probably my favorite game ever just behind Shenmue 1&2.
by Axm
Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So who wants to go to mars?

Overrated. I'd rather go to

by Yama
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

So it turns out all these conspiracy theories were derived from completely out of context, over analyzed "facts" that put the blame on innocent civilians while the "savage" people (who are of eastern-european descent) are on the run, shooting out the police, and wrecking havok.

Yeah. Sounds like a legit False flag. The government is totally behind all this 100%.
by Kenny
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

So it turns out all these conspiracy theories were derived from completely out of context, over analyzed "facts" that put the blame on innocent civilians while the "savage" people (who are of eastern-european descent) are on the run, shooting out the police, and wrecking havok.

Yeah. Sounds like a legit False flag. The government is totally behind all this 100%.

But don't you see man?! By making it so fucking obvious that it's not a government cover up, that's what they want you to think...
by Tuffty
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic