Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47983
Here is the new thread with the final dubbed video! Hope you all like it!
by Jibby
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Hey Jibby, seriously great work. Coming with some late feedback, i think the video is already good and could be great with a bit more revision.

Here are my notes:
- the gaussian blur image of the arcade games feels super amateur. i think you do a great job teasing the epic-ness of shenmue in the video and i would just focus on that from the start (falling petals, opening cinematic, etc). i might be wrong, but i think most folks won't even remember these older titles Yu worked on. You could almost start the whole thing at 28 seconds
- the "free fights" section feels a bit long
- still think the demo footage of shenmue 3 could be cut entirely

Also i think you should just delete the dub off of youtube. Having multiple versions is gonna split traffic and confuse sharing. I really appreciate that you guys put in the time to dub the video but i feel strongly it works MUCH better without the dub.
Thanks man! Appreciate the feedback, but due to the incredibly rapid surge of popularity that the video seems to have gained in only a few hours, I feel that it's too late to make a new revision. The video's already spread a lot and I feel that it's unlikely to spread like that again if re-uploaded. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. This sort of feedback is actually really useful to me outside of Shenmue as well because it's stuff like this that I want to do with my life :)
by Jibby
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

Think we could convince them to save like 3 million by removing all the battle related updates and replacing them with rock paper scissors in-game?
by Rakim
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

Xandui wrote: Holy crap, they actually moved the stretch goals to the top of the kickstarter page. 11 million here we come!

HAHA I am almost more excited about this than the actual stretch goals themselves :p
by bikingjehuty
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04hUT23RiQ

***Trailer at the end of the video***

Will run in 1080p
PS4 & XBOX ONE - Physical release
Dual control scheme - updated & classic
Both audio dubs - English & Japanese
New user interface