Search found 474 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting (Please Support Us!)

Donated $10.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Still aint gonna donate to yur Bane costume.

myshtuff wrote:Image
And you'll never have to.

:rotflmao:
by Bambi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

Right now , I m watching Pokemon is based on Action , Adventure. Mickey Mouse is also my favorite show. I have so many episode which is download on You Tube.com .

I can't help it. I just can't. I don't care if we are not suppose to reply to bots or spammers this has to be quoted and preserved. :lol:
by Spokane
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

Big rant coming this way...

I only have one question. Where is Christopher Nolan? I'd like to know so I can ask him who the fuck he thinks he is, and who he thinks Batman is, because I thought he had an idea. Now, I know he hasn't. Fair enough, his brother and Goyer have a lot to answer for as well, but let's have a look at a few things...

First off, Gotham in Batman Begins was perfect. What seems to have been overlooked is the fact that Gotham is a character of it's own. This shone through in Batman Begins. Hell, it even did in Burton's Batman films and Batman Forever (to an extent) This was dropped in The Dark Knight. I was hoping because Nolan wanted it to be seen less as Batman's turf and more like the Joker's playground. I always had that belief, and I thought it worked. Now, you could argue that it was a more realistic and regular city in TDKR because it makes it seem more shocking that he's doing this to a real city, but I don't believe that. The transition from BB to TDK & TDKR was "Gotham City" to "Random city called Gotham" to, well, the same again.

Onto the characters. Bane was brilliant. Fucking fantastic. Until the painfully obvious twist that it's in fact Talia's who's behind it all. I know it wouldn't be obvious to someone who doesn't read the comics, but I feel offended that as a reader of Batman comics that I've essentially been ignored as far as the "audience" goes. I kinda feel cheated too. So, if it's Talia's plan n everything, then Bane has once again been relegated to intimidating thug. Not the mastermind he actually is. Thanks guys, loved that.

I've heard a lot of both negative and positive shit about Catwoman, and all I can say is that the performance was great. It's probably the most faithful adaptation of any of the characters in the Nolanverse, so I applaud that. She was, as Bruce Willis once famously said "...[she's] a fly in the ointment [...], a monkey in the wrench, a pain in the ass..." No doubt that she's the most spot-on adaptation of a character they've picked. Except for the fact that she wants out. Catwoman would never want out. What she does is simply too much fun for her.

I wasn't at all happy with Blake. Like Ramirez should have been Montoya, and the guy from LA Noire should've been Bullock, he should've been someone else. The Question, Tim Drake, anyone. Random character with a quite frankly silly reference to Robin thrown in? No thank you. He wasn't a character that was needed, wasn't at all relevant. Catwoman could easily have filled in the role of someone who cares about the orphans and keeps her ear to the streets, and he could've just been a detective working alongside Gordon. His little pep talk to Bruce was shite as well. Whilst JGL put in a good performance, Blake just wasn't a good character at all, and I've seen too many of the exact same character model in the comics. I mean, for fuck sake, it would've made so much sense for him to be that little kid from Begins, but just a random character they've decided is going to be the next Batman? That's just fucking laughable. Wouldn't have made the ending what it is you say? Don't get me started. Not yet.

It just seems that, amidst all Nolan's bitching about what he would and wouldn't do, he's just made himself look like a massive tit. He doesn't want to use villains that've already appeared in a Batman film? Did he miss Batman Returns and Batman & Robin? He also said he wouldn't want to over-saturate the film with villains like they did in Spider-Man 3 because of what it'd take away from the focus of the story and other characters. So, what, other minor characters are okay to steal precious screen time? The number of utterly useless characters was a sheer joke, and I again feel like I've been cheated. Cheated out of seeing the film that I went to see. I only hope that Nolan's involved in a potential sequel just for the sake of getting the cast back together. Other than that, I say good riddance.

Alfred's characterisation got ballsed up too. Yes, he left during the KnightFall saga, but he realised (thanks to a little help from Nightwing) that he had to come back, and was wrong to leave Bruce. The fact that he left and only came back for Bruce's memorial is a slap in the face of one of comic book's greatest characters and unsung heroes. Fox had a role just as small and insignificant too. His involvement almost seemed forced. I know that in certain ways he's needed, but it felt like he, Alfred, and even Gordon at times were an afterthought. Almost as if Nolan was essentially just doin his own film, and just using Batman characters to fill in roles.

Combining the Lazarus Pit and Santa Prisca Prison was a pretty decent idea, I'll give them that. I don't like the fact that they replaced Bane with Talia as the little kid who grew up in the prison though. Yes, it made sense that it was Talia. I'm not arsed that it was Talia. I'm more arsed about it not being Bane. If anything, it should've been a case of Bane not wanting her to succumb to the same fate that he did, so he climbed out of it with her holding onto his back. They just took so much away from Bane that it was almost heartbreaking.

The ending... The ending spat in the face of Batman. They thought they were wrapping up the legend of Batman in a satisfying way. Yes, it is a satisfying way to wrap up the legend of Batman, but it wasn't right. Not at all. He did three things. Three huge things, but is that seriously it? This film would've been a great conclusion if it was a fifth, sixth, ninth, or tenth film, whatever. A great way to end an illustrious career as a hero/saviour/whatever, but seriously? That's it? And the point has been made on several occasions that Bruce Wayne is Batman until he dies. Not retire. Neil Gaiman wrote it quite well. He isn't just going to retire and spend the rest of his days playing golf. Death is the only natural conclusion for him, and then somebody (Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne, whichever) take over.

And how exactly do you expect to wrap up the (Bruce Wayne as) Batman legend without the Joker? Yes, Christopher, we all feel sorry for you that you lost a great friend in Heath Ledger. You think that we liked losing arguably one of, if not the best adaptation of the Joker? (I don't care what anyone says, Mark Hamill is good as the Joker, but Ledger took it to a whole other level) No, course we didn't, but it's something he needed to get over to give Batman a satisfying conclusion. Even if he was just let loose for the last half hour of the bomb's countdown to slow Batman down, he should've been there, and the fact that he wasn't just proves that the whole team behind the series lost their way.

The perfect solution to all the negativity would've been something Nolan didn't want. More films. Dent should've become Two-Face at the very end of TDK and carried over to a third film, as originally intended. Talia should've been introduced in the third film as a background character, to build up the grand reveal in the TDKR. You can't throw anyone off in the space of a film, it just doesn't work. Dick Grayson should've been involved, even if he was just Batman's eyes and ears on the streets. It should've been him to take over from Bruce in the end. Not some random arse character who's not even had any significant training outside the police academy. They just got so much shit wrong, and I blame us. The guys who praised BB & TDK. WB ended up putting too much faith in Nolan, almost as if he had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

Don't get me wrong, as far as films go, TDKR has a very good and very satisfying conclusion. But not for a Batman film. That ending would've worked well in a number of possible projects. Like I said though, it's almost as if Nolan had a film project in the works, and just applied Batman characters to it. Great, great ending. Wrong film. Besides that, it just reeked of the final episode of House.

I can't deny for a second though that I think the film was a clever mixture of The Dark Knight Returns, KnightFall, and No Man's Land. I thought it'd mainly be KnightFall, and I'm glad I was wrong. And the fanboy inside me couldn't help smiling this huge, cheesy grin when I saw Batman return in the first act. Actually, every time Batman was on screen, it was a great moment. I actually can't believe how well they did it, he had a hell of a lot more presence than he ever has done in any other film. Absolutely brilliant. Again though, as with every Batman film, he wasn't in it enough. It's almost as if people don't know how to make a film that focuses on Batman. Not Bruce Wayne, not the villains, not the supporting cast, I'm talking Batman.

The fight scenes also impressed me. I was very surprised that Nolan recognised that it's something he needed to work on (can't remember if it was Kenny, Joe Pesci, OL or Clint who mentioned how bad they were in the previous two) but I reckon he made up for it somewhat anyway. Loved how brutal Bane looked as well in the first fight with Batman. I woulda liked to have seen more damage on Bruce afterwards, that kinda disappointed me. The second fight didn't make much sense either. Bane almost seemed like he was pulling his punches. It would've made a hell of a lot more sense if they brought back the fear factor for Begins, set it at night, and Batman actually does put the fear of God into Bane through a mixture of his League of Shadows training and his old friends... Bats. Again, the fanboy inside me almost leapt for joy when the bats appeared as he crawled out of Santa Prisca, but I was hugely disappointed that they never expanded on the use of bats. Especially after how well they were used in BB, as they were completely absent from TDK. They shoulda used em more.

But yeah, there were plenty of absolutely brilliant moments in the film, and I wouldn't even consider calling it anything other than a really good film, but as the third Batman film in the Nolan series, it's shite. Like I said, it should've been Batman 5, 6, 9 or 10. The way I see it is that Begins was the best Batman film, TDK was the best film of the series, and TDKR as the best standalone film, whilst also being the worst in the series.

In conclusion, it would've been a brilliant ending to the Nolan series if more films preceded it, but they didn't, so as far as the over-arching story goes, the timing was woeful. It was rushed. Out of place. Whatever. It didn't work well like that. If you just ignore that though, and only take the in-film references into consideration, it was fucking fantastic, and a great amalgamation of three classic Batman stories.

So, whilst I'm distraught about the decision to cut everything so short in a manner such as this, I also come away from the film feeling that I got real value for money. Great film, but from the standpoint of a Batman fan(boy) and geek, totally and utterly wrong.

Rant over for now, but when I see it again, I'll probably have more to say. Oh, and somebody actually read this and reply to it, coz I've been typing this since I got back from the pictures and it'll otherwise seem like a massive waste of time.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

No Reservations is fucking awesome. Makes me envy the hell out of the guy.
by OL
Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

Wow, guys... Just seen this exciting news on the reddit....
please be true. I'll buy a console for this...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... nmue_with/

Do you think there's a chance? :heart:
by MasterG
Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxO-IWZbo-k[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Do You Make Your Millions in Shenmue 2?

Well I typically

Then Big or Small and ride of into the sunset.
by Axm
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tom's White

Many video games including Shaemu

:mnky:
by Axm
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I'm the curious as to how effective people expect this to be. It seems ill aimed.

I'd say the best outlet for something like this would be a major gaming news medium. That would draw more views from Sega execs than a few fan pages.

Sure, getting our cause promoted on a big gaming site is also a boon, but the problem is, it's there one day and then it's forgotten about, and the Sega execs can go back to their usual policy of sweeping Shenmue under the carpet. There have been countless amounts of sporadic infrequent articles about Shenmue on gaming sites that disappear quickly, not to mention fan campaigns aimed directly at Sega execs (such as the famously lovable capsule toy campaign, amongst others) but they have been very easy for Sega to brush aside and ignore, leaving us disheartened every time.

This campaign differentiates itself in a number of key ways thanks to wonders of current social media: 1. it's incredibly easy to get on board with, almost anyone can spare a minute to send a tweet 2. It allows us to be persistent, and not just have one flash in the pan burst of activity before fizzling out, but instead continue to grow and be an ever louder voice in Sega's ears. The campaign is into it's second year now, and it continues to grow larger and gain traction 3. In a way, it allows us to circumnavigate Sega's execs, thanks to the very public medium that twitter is. If we can continue to make enough noise like that in a public space with thousands upon thousands of viewers, it won't be viable for Sega to keep up it's act of silence, something will have to give, we know that and they know that, we just have to keep going from strength to strength as we currently are doing.

And there other ideas and plans being kicked around too, the tweetathon as it currently is, is by no means the full scope of our ambitions. But it does serve as the core that is keeping the fanbase active and united once more, and from there we can continue to evolve.
by mue 26
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD/3 Kickstarter

Here's hope for those of you that want this to go down:
They posted a kickstarter to make a Veronica Mars movie yesterday and its already at just under 1 million dollars. I'm not too familiar with the show, but it couldn't have been very big cuz the wiki says its network was The CW and it only lasted 3 seasons, yet a campaign to make a movie version is pulling in money at a ridiculous rate. Every refresh seems to increase to total amount by the thousand.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

If this seemingly long forgotten teen drama is doing this good I can only imagine Yu and his team would see results at least on par with this.

EDIT: So I'm reading the wikipedia page to that show and I see this line:
"Upon the cancellation of the series, fans sent more than 10,000 Mars Bars to the CW, hoping that the network would reverse its decision and renew the series."
Sounds like another group I know. Although if you read the rest of the article I think they're a little more devoted than us with the wacky stunts they've done.
by Rakim
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is It Just Me Or Is It Dead Here Now?

To be fair 2009 is when SD was dying and the only ones posting were the few regulars and staff was vacant. Was just me pretty much and everyone was loose to basically party in a sense. Had the Shenmue Wiki was born and Riku was nick named dickbutt. NO ONE talked Shenmue at all. We talk Shenmue all the time now and while SD atm is in a quiet patch it's more active than back then.

I can't speak for everyone but to me after you been here a long time you just get used to new names popping up all the time and if they post often just get used to them as regular members and just post with them.
YM is also correct many make some big introduction and never post again. So most welcome posts are to be polite. If they start posting more often and people respond to them that is more a real welcome as another accepted voice and opinion.
I remember those days and look back fondly to them. Even the old Dragon theme made the place feel so derelict and decrepit. The most laughs I ever had was coming home from my crappy part-time job and reading the Junk forum all afternoon.

I think that old kind of circle-jerk allowed me to get to know the regulars much better too, also the same for you guys, as I was a returning member myself at the time.
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing Dreamcast on an HDTV

Yes, that's my video. I HIGHLY recommend that process.

Just to add to that, I can now capture footage (which I couldn't do when I made that video).

Skip to around 12:22 to see the captured footage.

phpBB [video]
by AdamKoralik
Sat May 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Koralik is the guy to ask about this. He even made a video.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo heading back to Japan; why?

Maybe because he lives there...?
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

Yokosuka Martian wrote: OHE MEY GOD EZZ NOT SHAMOOO TREE?

by Ziming
Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The difference is huge.
But you'll need a 80' 4K TV to notice..sorry bro.
You'll have to settle with just "awesome" on anything else.
by Axm
Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kowloon Walled City recreated as Arcade in Japan

http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ka14.jpg

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/06/12/kawasakis-digital-kowloon-walled-city/

Every city has its bad parts and areas to avoid, but there’s no denying that these less favorable areas give even the poshest urban centers something to talk about. While Kowloon Walled City no longer exists, its fixture in popular imagination will likely persist for decades, if not centuries.

In 1987, the city housed 33,000 people in 6.5 acres and was largely lawless, though informal social structures naturally emerged among the citizens. The city, as you might expect, has been the inspiration and setting for many fictional works, from books to movies to video games. And, now, it’s provided inspiration for a unique business venture in Japan.

That’s right, Kowloon Walled City now exists in Japan as a game center! Which, when you think about it, is either incredibly fitting or incredibly inappropriate. We’re still not sure which.

The game center, which is called “Digital Kowloon City,” is located in Kawasaki City, just south of Tokyo. Built in the spirit of the original Kowloon Walled City, the game center’s exterior and interior both look horribly rusted and uncared for.
by Ziming
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

You had a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ on these forums than Shenmue III. Point proven.
by Jeff
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Real Locations

Sorry for bumping an old topic, however I live in Japan and this landscape reminded me a lot of Yokosuka. This was taken on my way to the grocery store. I am about an hour from Yokosuka though. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/22/5ure7aby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 Documentary (Real Life)

myshtuff wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Would like to know how many others have gone on a Shenmue inspired trip.

I did about two years ago. Here are some pics. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spivakar/s ... 284138987/

Me too! From HK, 2010: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan_07/se ... 901598641/
by Crimson Ryan
Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega of Japan Tweets New Shenmue T-shirt

http://i.imgur.com/V8W2080.jpg

Sega of Japan has tweeted a message promoting a new Shenmue themed t-shirt. The front of the shirt has Shenmue in bold letters, and backside has characters such as Ryo, Lan Di, Chai. The shirt can be purchased from this site , and they do ship worldwide. See Adam Koralik's video below for instructions.

Links: Sega of Japan Tweet | Online store (Japan) | How to buy (Adam Koralik)
by Ziming
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Microsoft not keen on supporting Shenmue

Good news, thank fuck it's not gonna be an XBOX one exclusive
by lavrentis
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II Compilation Music: Kowloon In-game (Complete)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Compilation Music: Kowloon In-game (Complete)

http://i.imgur.com/pfgsViq.jpg

The next compilation of Shenmue II music is now available on Youtube. This time it's all the in-game music from Kowloon, or disc 3 as known on the Dreamcast version. All the music from both Shenmue games can be listened to from our Youtube channel or downloaded here . Video art and image enhancements by Riken Productions .

Music: Kowloon In-game (Youtube) | Download (Mp3's) | Compilation Playlist
by Ziming
Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Videogamer.com Article: Why Shenmue III Should Never Hap

Shadow of the beast, an amiga title that released 25 years ago, which is much more irrelevant now as Shenmue has ever been is getting a reboot on PS4. So can Shenmue. Don't fucking bullshit me.
by ShenmueTree
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Videogamer.com Article: Why Shenmue III Should Never Hap

me: why videogamer.com should go fuck itself

1. I disagree with their opinion

2. other people disagree with their opinion

3. my opinion is better so there
by south carmain
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Got around to playing Sleeping Dogs.

Haven't really gotten far into the game but I can say that I'm enjoying it more than I did GTA5.The choice of setting is refreshing.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 I want to share this map I made

Hi i`m new here. I want to share this map I made.

by psychokamui
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue in minecraft!

And here was I, thinking we'd have to wait until GDC for new Saturn footage. :)
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega of Japan Tweets New Shenmue T-shirt

Wby would they put that on there then? Are they planning on finishing the Shenmue saga via T-shirt?
by Peter
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki revisits Shenmue at GDC 2014 (Postmortem)

This is almost getting as crazy as people finding Illuminati signs in everything
by Yokosuka Martian
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Custom Colored Dreamcast Shells

This is mine, it's just a cheap one from eBay but the quality isn't too bad I don't think. I am going to have a go at customising one of my broken units some day.
by Bambi
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Wait for the police to show up at your door you filthy copyright infringer.
by Rakim
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Interview Roundup: Past & Present

http://i.imgur.com/pjvBNlB.jpg

Yu Suzuki Video Playlist (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPFKk7AXotcBQKXcYU5DLgVP

G4 Icons: Yu Suzuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZVtRSAvr2o

Making of Shenmue (Japanese TV Special)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrSmqnegIk

Yu Suzuki Interview - Childhood | SEGA | Arcade Games | Game Creation
https://youtu.be/qIgMInD9RpA

Interview with Yu Suzuki & Ryu: The Making of After Burner (1988)
http://reassembler.blogspot.com/2013/11/interview-with-yu-suzuki-ryu-making-of.html

Yu Suzuki discusses Sega Saturn hardware ( Feb 1995)
http://imgur.com/a/aPyO7

"Nothing compares to Yu" (Nov 1995)
http://imgur.com/a/KxrqR

Yu Suzuki talks about the Dreamcast (1998 )
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?335616-Yu-Suzuki-talks-about-the-dreamcast-%28sega-saturn-magazine%29

Project Berkley article translation (Nov 1998) - Dreamcast Magazine
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49014

1998 IGN article on "Virtua Fighter RPG"
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49199

Yu Suzuki: Project Berkley (English Subtitled) - Translated by Rakim & Kiyuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vHcmPUhhhs

Shenmue Premiere (Dreamcast Express Vol. 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM2bkUm1eT8

Sega's Arcade Giant Goes Console: An Interview with Yu Suzuki
http://web.archive.org/web/20071019004222/http://www.gamerstoday.com/world_tour/Suzuki/index.html

GDC 2000: Yu Suzuki's hour long presentation on Shenmue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzEt6yZPVcY

Electric Playground with Yu Suzuki (Tommy Tallarico & Victor Lucas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY1OL9qPmck

Shenmue – 2000 Developer Interview
http://shmuplations.com/shenmue/

IGNDC sits down with Yu Suzuki
http://web.archive.org/web/20040513054632/http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/076/076515p1.html

IGNDC Interviews Yu Suzuki
http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/05/30/igndc-interviews-yu-suzuki

Gamespot TV: Shenmue (2000)- Hosted by Adam Sessler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PmYDE87zrLw#t=34

GIA Interview
http://thegia.com/archive/features/f010519.html

Yu Suzuki interview with Mo Imran (From a UK based TV show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmXVco0Bkyk

Yu Suzuki Interview Part 1 (GameWeek)
http://fasinfun.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-yu-suzuki-interview-part-1.html

Yu Suzuki Interview Part 2 (GameWeek)
http://fasinfun.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-yu-suzuki-interview-part-2.html

Yu Suzuki Interview Part 3 (GameWeek)
http://fasinfun.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-yu-suzuki-interview-part-3.html

Interview with Yu Suzuki & voice actors about Shenmue. (Dorimaga - 2001)
http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48968

Gamers Today (2002)
http://web.archive.org/web/20071019004444/http://www.gamerstoday.com/world_tour/suzuki2/index.html

GIG Spotlight (Giganews.com)
http://web.archive.org/web/20040111005900/http://www.gignews.com/goddess/suzuki_wright.htm

Extended Play interview (Adam Sessler)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4Bdhmxg1s

Gamespot Interview (Shenmue II - Xbox)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V_dqOQIi0A

XBN Yu Suzuki Interview (About Shenmue II for Xbox)
http://web.archive.org/web/20050107211547/http://tokyopia.com/tk/archives/000100.php

GMR Interview (Magazine Scan)
http://shenmuedojo.net/images/news/GMRinterview.jpg

French Interview (2005) - Turn on captions "CC" to view English subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y88NsZie_o

Kikizo Interview (2006)
http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/sega_yu_suzuki_iv_feb06_p1.asp

Yu Suzuki explains the actual number of chapters in Shenmue
http://web.archive.org/web/20101118223344/http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/16/yu_suzuki_famitsu_interview/

The Disappearance of Yu Suzuki: Part 1 (1up Feature Article)
https://archive.is/35o4a

The Disappearance of Yu Suzuki: Part 2 (1up Feature Article)
https://archive.is/MLBhg

GDC 2011: Career Retrospective with Mark Cerny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrSaE2V2N9I

GDC 2011 Excerpt: Mark Cerny asks Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocuHKHKlFBs

GDC 2011 Pioneer Award: Yu Suzuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS2vBEV_MQ

Yu Suzuki At A Time Of Transition
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6414/yu_suzuki_at_a_time_of_transition.php

Yu Suzuki Toulouse Interview (2011)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44373

Gameblog.fr Toulouse Interview (2011)
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameblog.fr%2Finterview_372_yu-suzuki-shenmue-notre-interview

Yu Suzuki Interview at the Toulouse Game Show 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1K6RaT_tw

Yu Suzuki TGS 2011 Part 1 : "Shenmue" (English Subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcl2brorvw

Yu Suzuki TGS 2011 Part 2 : "Arcade" (English Subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqF0Kcr9UAI

Yu Suzuki Interview on Shenmue - Shenmue Master (French with English subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o4MHjEdYpQ

ACMI Game Masters - Yu Suzuki (2012)
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/acmi-game-masters-yu-suzuki/2300-6384582/

Second interview with Shenmue Master at Monaco (French with English subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgbkkLIT-Mo

Yu Suzuki Interview (MAGS 2013) - Turn on captions "CC" to view English subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kKVMcRxpqo

Yu Suzuki Shenmue Q&A (Monaco Anime Game Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPDFBCDM_c

Game Informer: Yu Suzuki with David Cage and Ryan Payton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CZUJPxy-48

Yu Suzuki Interview with Strana Igr (Nov 2013)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46577

Yu Suzuki: An interview with 20 years of Virtua Fighter
http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf20th-anniversary-site-the-interviews.19637/]

Yu Suzuki's Shenmue Postmortem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amu0_EunHmM

Gamelab 2014 Interview
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=47119&start=45#p1075172

Game Reactor Interview (2014)
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/203554/Suzuki:+%22if+circumstances+are+right,+I%27m+ready+to+create+Shenmue+3%22/

Game Reactor Video Interview (2014)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bj8POLfIyM

El Mundo (2014)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47088&p=1074765#p1074765

Yu Suzuki Interview (Shenmue: From Prototypes to Today)
http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

Two hours in Yu Suzuki's Kitchen
http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Yu-Suzuki-kitchen

Eurogamer: Meeting Yu Suzuki
http://bit.ly/1CDS3GK

Shenmue Community Interview with Yu Suzuki
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49265&p=1121893#p1121893

4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49503

The Arcade Pioneer: The Story of Yu Suzuki - Retro Gamer Mag
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49504

Yu Suzuki Interview Translation (Retro Games Expo / 2016)
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/09/yu-suzuki-interview-english-retro-games.html

Yu Suzuki Comments on the Past & Coming Year
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/12/yu-suzuki-comments-on-past-coming-year.html

Yu Suzuki & Katsuhiro Harada Interview | Part 1
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/12/yu-suzuki-interview-part-1.html

Yu Suzuki & Katsuhiro Harada Interview | Part 2
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/01/yu-suzuki-katsuhiro-harada-interview.html

http://i.imgur.com/PpX0GvY.png

Yu Suzuki Kickstarter Archive

Shenmue 3 - Yu Suzuki Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lnJsGTC_s

Yu Suzuki Interview Part 2 (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Magazine)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50092

Yu Suzuki Interview (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Magazine)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50042

Yu Suzuki Interview - Shenmue3 (Shenmue Dojo & Team Yu @ Magic Monaco 2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-_kR2fnYKc

Yu Suzuki interview (MAGIC 2016) by Shenmue Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpnc23uyH4w

Yu Suzuki No Life Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjgvJp8LDhU

A weekend with Yu Suzuki
https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/a-weekend-with-yu-suzuki-6ff4d9d9edb6#.9shym44kn

Yu Suzuki interview by Journal du Japon (Translated by Yokosuka)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49125&start=510#p1131657

Magic Monaco 2016
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49125&p=1118425#p1118425

Yu Suzuki Red Bull Games Interview + New Screens
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331775510544/shenmue-3-yu-suzuki-interview

Yu Suzuki Reveals Shenmue 3 Prototype in China (Complete Video) -Subtitled-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNkaLCzL6Z8

China interview with Yu Suzuki (Nov 19)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49353

Executive Shenmue Ambassador interview with Yu Suzuki
http://shenmueambassador.tumblr.com/post/132143057983/from-the-desk-of-yu-suzuki-a-community-exclusive

Kickstarter - Month 3 Progress Report
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1398446?ref=backer_project_update

Yu Suzuki interview with David Deville - Shenmue 3
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49223

DualShockers Yu Suzuki Interview
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/20/shenmue-iii-interview-yu-suzuki-talks-gameplay-tech-romance-ps4-pc-frame-rate-and-much-more/

EuroGamer Article/Interview
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-04-i-could-do-with-a-bit-more-money-yu-suzuki-on-the-return-of-shenmue

Famitsu Interview with Yu (Sept 8th)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49050&p=1116549#p1116549

Otakumode Yu Suzuki Interview
http://otakumode.com/news/55c62e97887d92a516b043ae/Interview-with-Yu-Suzuki-Producer-of-the-%E2%80%9CShenmue%E2%80%9D-Series

Shenmue 3 Progress Interview with Yu Suzuki
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1336892

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Reveal (Complete Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gU-TydHepg

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Final Countdown (Twitch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lg_Ip6Og

Yu Suzuki interview from Hobby Consolas. (Spanish)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48828#p1111832

Interview with Cedric Biscay (Radio Monaco) - July 22, 2015
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48753

Cedric Biscay Interview @ Gameblog.fr - July 15th 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/translator/comments/3de0mh/french_english_video_game_article_about_shenmue/

Yu Suzuki interview from Nico Nico Douga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntCDAc6c8Y

Yu Suzuki Twitter Q&A Recap (June 10th)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48420

Yu Suzuki Q&A on Twitter (#YouaskYu)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170828960&postcount=12245

Shenmue 3 Funding and Budget Statement
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Famitsu Article Translation
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47760

Yu Suzuki 4gamer interview- Touching the character perspective system
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47935

Inside-Games.jp - Yu Suzuki interview - (updated translation)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47878

Yu Suzuki interview published by Inside-Games on June 17
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47878#p1093031

Twitch Q&A (Fan Translation)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48103&start=15#p1097784

GAME Watch interview snippets
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47937

Yu Suzuki AMA - Reddit
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47838

Yu Suzuki Game Informer Interview
http://goo.gl/HkSdgQ

Getting The Rights To Shenmue Was Easier Than You’d Think
http://goo.gl/U5Udul

Yu Suzuki/Cedric Biscay interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKb0vtQz8xo

Yu Suzuki - Playstation E3 Experience 2015 Live Cast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgiRIR07qU

Misc interviews with AM2, music composers, English voice actors

2003 inteview with AM2's Taku Kihara and Shin Ishikawa (Handled Xbox port of Shenmue II)
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/

Ryuji Iuchi's blog update on Shenmue music
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=1100498#p1100498

Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Interview (2011)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42297

Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Interview (2000)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010305090503/http://rocketbaby.net/interviews_mitsuyoshi_2.html

Yuzo Koshiro
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/012301d.html

Jeremy Blaustine article on the voice acting of Shenmue
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/jb/jb2.htm#shenmue

SEGA Nerds interview with Shenmue voice actors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcvi9Vt3WP4

SegaNerds podcast with Corey Marshall (Ryo's English voice actor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxW20JCG8Hg

Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki voice actor) interview on Shenmue 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGxVEq873Q

Shenmue – Cast Interview
http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2010/06/shenmue-cast-interview/

Lisle Wilkerson (English voice for Xiuying, Joy, and Yuan)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42979#p926230

Debora Rabbai (English voice for Shenhua from the original game)
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43344&start=15#p947394
by Ziming
Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angriest you've ever gotten at Shenmue?

So, what's the angriest you've ever gotten at Shenmue and Shenmue II ?

Shenmue : I can't seem to recall any time I got annoyed with the first game besides the free battle with Chai at the end of the game. Damn, that shit was hard... Other than that, it was plain-sailing.

Shenmue II : Those planks. Those fucking, fucking planks!

Let's hear yours :).

xx
by ShenGCH
Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Teases Shenmue 3..... Maybe

This is almost Half Life 3 levels of bad.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Loses Shenmue Trademark.......

ass_koenig wrote: Now the Trademark has to take by Sony and pass it to Naughty Dog or Quantic Dream ;-)

I want to hurt you right now.
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
MY GOD i remember now why i hate first person shooters so much. i only bought this for an excuse to use my PS4. you just run around with a gun and shoot shit. thats it. no brain power or imagination required. point and shoot. teh gwaphics are gwood tho......
by Perfect_Chaos
Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Teases Shenmue 3..... Maybe

Sonikku wrote: Well I'm convinced.

Going to Gamestop to lock down my preorder right now.

When it's time for pickup they will try to sell you a used open copy at full price. :lol:
by Ziming
Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Custom Colored Dreamcast Shells

myshtuff wrote: Yeah that Jet Set Radio one from someone else is great. I wish I did mine as nice. Oh well. It was my first attempt.

Had you drawn the logo a bit better, and yours would be just as good. The splatter works well.
by Nahovil
Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic