Search found 1 match

Return

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

this is not looking good at all. might not even break 5 million. it is now doing a lot worse on daily average than bloodstained did at the time. I can't believe how poorly yu suzuki is running his "dream" on kickstarter :(

Not looking good? He asked for two million and he'll probably reach more than double of that amount...
As I've stated on the Shenmue Kickstarter Estimation thread:

In my opinion it will get a little more than $4M and way less than $5M... Why do I say this? Because Shenmue is a special project on Kickstarter, as it's basically made for the fans, and almost all the fans already donated.

Some other projects have a surge at the beginning and another one at the end, but Shenmue had an huge surge at the beginning (all the fans donated), but at the end who is it going to donate, as almost all the fans will have already done so?

One has to understand that Shenmue III is a niche product. Outside of the fan base (like us), who is it going to be interested on playing it? You need to play both Shenmue I and II in order to get the full grasp of the story, and nowadays no one is going to pick it up from the third installment.

Regards.

And, by looks of it, my estimations were fairly accurate.
It's never going to make 10 million USD on Kickstater , and, to be frank, I really don't understand why Yu only asked for 2 million when, by his own admission, he needs at least 10 million to make his vision of the game come true...

Regards.
by fumega
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic