Search found 80 matches

Return

Re: Goodbye everyone

I would have posted earlier but I've only just got back from Barcelona and felt the situation warranted a bit more of a detailed post than a few sentences I construct with my iPhone while taking a shit. I'm gonna take this opportunity to iron out a few misnomers regarding a few things before I get the inevitable bans, my original account is still banned so I guess I'm one of the select few!

Ryudo:

There were a number of occasions when I would be in the chat room with him and Oppy and he would encourage me to troll certain members of the forum that he didn't like. I remember Master Kyodai being one in particular. So his whole stance on me being a troll is entirely hypocritical, as he only took action against me being a cunt to anyone when he was the recipient of a scathing post.

I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't type any of that vitriol in my post that had me banned. I did, and I know it was a tad out of order. I didn't say he was lazy or that he should get a job, I was suggesting that if he really didn't have much time left before he shuffled off this mortal coil then he may want to consider doing something a bit more worthwhile with the limited time he had remaining, rather than spend it playing Xenogears and making videos about unboxing limited edition JRPGs. I know I could have worded it a bit better but he did delete a paragraph from underneath the remaining post which went along the lines of:

"Adam, I know I'm being harsh mate but we only want what is best for you. If you don't have much time left on this earth then surely it would be better spent going out and actually doing stuff rather than wasting it on forums or playing games?"

Now don't take that as exact verbatim, but it was essentially what I was getting at. Most people see me as being puerile, vulgar and immature, but I'm only fucking about. However some of my posts from years gone by which I have occasionally read-over again due to a necro-bump make me cringe . From my last period under my original handle (this one is an alternate account) - Jan to Oct 2011 - I didn't post that much offensive stuff in comparison to previous periods. Ryudo understood this until he took personal offence to something that I posted which I don't think was particularly ban-worthy. He was perfectly ok to see others be on the receiving end but when the shoe is on the other foot then he does not hesitate to take swift action.

I don't hate the guy, but he does have issues and a habit of lying about situations to cover his tracks. I don't think anyone is fooled about Coby not being Ryudo, but hey, why doesn't a mod do an IP trace and see if it matches what Ryudo was posting from?

Sonniku:

We never got on because you got really pissy over me modifying your Sonic sig that you had at the time to show him sucking a cock with cum dribbling off his chin. Immature? Yes, but it was in Junk and I didn't think you would get into such a strop about it. Ever since then we never saw eye-to-eye. I'm happy to call bygones as the whole thing is six-to-one and half-a-dozen to the other. It was 8 years ago FFS!

Peter (re what you posted in another topic):

I'm sad that you think I'm the kinda guy that would get you into trouble tbh mate. My internet persona does not truly reflect who I am IRL. Yes I do like to take the piss, also unafraid to speak my mind and am steadfast in my beliefs, but I can also take on board critique and recognise when I am wrong. I'm a lover, not a fighter, baby.
by QWERTY
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

gboy here, just thought I would pass by and say hi after all this time, tried to log on my account but it has been deleted and renamed funnily enough

just to set one thing straight when I was banned I wasn't actually mocking ryudos health but got carried away and challenged him because of the argument, a lot seem to portray me as a monster here because of that it seems, as for why I might of appeared aggressive well we had our history following up to that and a lot of things that you're all pissed off about I was pissed off about back then, I won't get into it as people have said enough already and I don't really hate the guy to put him down further despite his continuous insults after I was banned

anyway I don't think I'll be a regular poster here anymore but I will pop in now and then to see what's up, so see you guys around ;-)

you thought this was going to be a panda didn't you
by justforlulz
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Oppy, come out from hiding already. :P
by Kenny
Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I'd heard Gunhound was good. I might want to import the PSP version someday.

I just randomly found this at a store today. Was thinking a couple weeks back about how I wished I still had this, so it was an insta-buy when I saw it.

by OL
Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official E3 2014 Topic

The Final Day.

http://i.imgur.com/Kf3VcK2.jpg

I got the mother load today.

http://i.imgur.com/ziK0slx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gIju6Jw.jpg

One of the things that surprised me was that I got not one, but TWO Smash Bros. shirts. Instead of fucking around with the new characters, I went ahead and used an old favorite--Kirby. I was never that good at Smash Bros but I started using Kirby since he was the only one I knew really well. Next thing you know, I won two shirts.

http://i.imgur.com/aJCcbEV.jpg

I also managed to snag two Persona Teddie bags. Most AWESOME though is the fact that I got another "I Beat Leviathan" shirt. I didn't play again this time. What happened was that I decided to stick around the FF:XIV:ARR section in the final minutes of the Expo. I had a feeling some good stuff was going to be popping up. Little did I know Naoki Yoshida, aka Yoshi-P, was narrating the last battle for a live stream and afterwards he was gracious enough to stick around and sign autographs for fans.

I stood in line and asked for a little "Battle Winner" flyer for him to sign. Once I was second to next up, I noticed they were giving away the "I Beat Leviathan" shirts (they were X-Large so no one wanted them for wearing...as if anyone was going to wear those shirts anyway). So I asked for a shirt, they handed it over to Yoshi, then he graciously signed it and gave it back using what I presume what little English he knew (we did the Japanese bow thing like everyone else did).

http://i.imgur.com/wt2jDOk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RUtpiEs.jpg

I now possess another rare item now made rarer. Only thing I know that's rarer than THAT at the Expo was a medal you get for beating the Smash Bros. Tournament. But the only way to get that is to be an honorary VIP guest, so that doesn't really count.

http://i.imgur.com/7rUUMru.jpg

I got a good bit of Nosgoth stuff. Out of all the rooms and areas in the Expo, THAT was my favorite room. Reason being was that Square-Enix was trying something new to help promote the game and ended up transforming one of the rooms into a nice chill lounge, complete with free drinks, bean bag chairs, pillows, and cool techno playing in the background.

I just stayed in that place for a good 30 minutes recharging and watching other people play the game on these Alienware PCs with XBOX One controllers. I eventually played the game myself. It's okay and all, reminds me alot like Quake Arena but with vampires and humans. But I left the game feeling really good about it thanks in part to the lounge-ey feel they had going on. The memories associated with it are very strong now, I might even pick it up because of that.

Also got a bit more Sunset Overdrive stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/Ab5Ghyj.jpg

Ultimately, I sacrificed the time I coud've had seeing MGS5 by waiting in line for this game again and playing the PS4 Morpheus (turns out it wasn't the Oculus Rift).

But I was pretty determined to get a shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/1kmxtVP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VA8kJqi.jpg

And a shirt is exactly what I got. That can tasted exactly like Red Bull too, btw.

http://i.imgur.com/82otDe7.jpg

I got some amazing stuff and there was even more there that I missed out on. It's impossible to get everything though unless you know people or happen to get lucky. But man oh man, this place is an adult Disneyland. I definitely will make it back out next year, better prepared than this year for sure.

I'll be posting pics and vids in the next gargantuan post.
by Kenny
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Dawn of Planet of the Apes.

You know how I always seem to bitch and complain and nitpick every little detail in every film nowdays?

Not this film...well, okay, the beginning could've been a tad better in some parts but after that the movie becomes UTTERLY AMAZING. And it's not just the special effects and the action that's great, the damn story was fucking awesome. I felt very choked up in some parts over a computer generated monkey of all things. When you make me get emotional over a fucking CG cartoon ape, a cartoon ape riding a goddamn horse wielding a machine gun of all things...something that's suppose to make my eyes roll and laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it all...you know you're doing something right.

All the characters were three-dimensional. There was conflict surrounding both factions of the human and ape side that was completely believable, so unquestionably believable. The antagonists were so SYMPATHETIC and COMPLETE BASTARDS all at the same time, I absolutely loved what they did here. Brilliant writing. Brilliant acting on the ape end of things. Pretty decent acting on the human side, although Gary Oldman should've stolen the show.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that slow beginning, I would've given this a ten out of ten. No joke. Nearly perfect film, just as good as the original. If the third movie is just as good, this might be one of my top favorite trilogies ever.
by Kenny
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

So if you wait for a GOTY edition, then why are you arsed? Isn't it essentially the same as saying "I'm not buying Sonic 1, 2 or 3 because they'll eventually release a "Sonic Trilogy" game? Why pay so much to watch a film at the pictures when you can buy the DVD? Why buy the DVD when you can buy the Blu-Ray with extra features? Why buy that when they'll eventually release a remastered edition or a director's cut?
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll be the first to say I always prefer to have the game content I buy on actual physical media. I do indeed avoid digital content if I can.
But it's also totally a preference thing. Some people prefer less clutter, so digital media is a plus. Some people don't give two shits about resale value, so physical media is pointless.
And in regards to this whole idea of us only getting 3/4 of a game and having to buy the rest as digital content: it's very rare. The grand, grand majority of DLC is pointless extra stuff that's just there for if the player wants an extra giggle (weapon packs, costume packs, that kind of stuff), and its exclusion from the retail product doesn't take away from the experience whatsoever.
There are cases like Asura's Wrath, however, where the actual end of the story was literally left out so as to make extra scratch on digital sales. And yes, I bought into it that particular time, because the game was just such a blast. But cases like that are a lot rarer than some would lead you to believe. I can't honestly think of any others, except maybe Assassin's Creed 2. But then, the DLC was still truly extra stuff; the story was still completely competent and intact without it, so the DLC really was just there for a bit of extra fun.
I'm not a fan of the move to the digitization of everything, but I'm also not going to campaign against it. Some people dig it, and they have their reasons. It's not always a bad thing.
by OL
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Forklift Mod - Solution Inside

Milestone has been hit.

Swapped MA00 with D000 and made the correct adjustments in mapinfo to get everything awesome.

Combined my retail release with Giorgio's Clipping mod to eliminate the clipping issues in D000.

Expect a release and video soon.

I wont be compiling a CDI, just releasing the map folder and the save file.

I may also update DreamExplorer with the save file to make it easier for those who use real hardware.

/james
by shengoro86
Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got this crappy little "game" with the post today.

But there's something awfully great about it. It's the last of the 216 games that goes into my shelve.
I've got a complete DC PAL library now. \:D/
by BlueMue
Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE: MOD ACCOMPLISHED Shenmue Forklift Mod

Video!

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD Remaster (Fan Made)

http://s24.postimg.org/rlc6orddh/Shenmue_HD.jpg

A project to remaster Shenmue in HD is being made by South Koreans fans of the game. Not much is known about the project or how far they will go to finishing it. Demonstration videos below:

Multimedia: Dobuita Video | Yu Arcade Video | Screenshots
by Ziming
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/809x457q90/631/1i3YJV.jpg

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)

Graphics
Really one of the most artistic games out there along the same lines of quality as Okami, where everything looks hand drawn. Because I played it on PS4 it was ofcourse in 1080p and it really brought a level of clarity that you can almost feel.
Because this is a game about WW1, lots of explosions are around and the environment changes as the game's scripted scene's progress while you walk along.

Story

I dont want to spoil anything but overall it's pretty good. You have 3 character plots that switch from every level to sometimes even all 3 within 1 level. By the end of the game you learn more about each soldiers personality and how in the end no matter what side they are on, they are still human and want the war to end.
If you're a history buff you will love this game because they really delve deep into every item and event that you come across and why it was important in the war. So I learned quite alot of cool tid-bits.

Sound

One of the biggest highlights from this game is the beautiful score throughout the game that improves it's visceral effect.
Sound effects also develop a unique characteristic after awhile.

Gameplay

Here's where I have some criticism. This is essentially a puzzle game with the occasional QTE. The problem is that while the puzzles are smart and fun, they arent really that challenging. So many times you can just breeze through the game without any real challenge. Atleast for me, I got through it easily. It seems maybe they wanted to highlight this as more of an overall experience and less of a "game" game. Regardless though it was enjoyable, especially puzzle's involving the use of the dog.
But this enjoyment is also abit stiffled by the fact it is a relatively short game. I think it must have been about 6 hours or so long? And I also collected all of the collectables and did alot of the misc. trophies without really trying to hard at all.
For the $15 I paid, I would have wanted perhaps one or two more hours out of it to feel satisfied. For $10 I think this game would have made more sense. So I recommend those interested to wait another month or so for it to drop.
Ubi-Soft Montreal did a good job though.

Overall I give it a 3/5

+Great experience
+Fun gameplay
-Short
-Easy
by Axm
Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Remaster (Fan Made)

Hello. ^^
I NoconKid.
Shenmue HD remaster (FanMade) Thank you for your interest shenmue HD movie watching.
What will happen next I shenmue HD work in progress can not say for sure.
Who had been working for two months during the rest day job.
Probably would not be so fast as jobs go back to work again.
But slowly, we will update it takes a long time.
Thank you again.

Use the translator may be wrong.
by Noconkid
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

New gameplay footage!

phpBB [video]
by Axm
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

SPECTACULAR! :D

phpBB [video]
by Giorgio
Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got a hold of the Get Bass Fishing Controller Box that was the last missing piece in my DC collection.
So I just use the opportunity here to show off my now complete Dreamcast PAL collection. 8)

by BlueMue
Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Beat DmC on Dante Must Die. Playing it again on Heaven or Hell mode.

After this I'll go back to playing MGS4, Sonic Generations, and DMC1 or 3.
by Kenny
Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I finally finished this six episode treatment of the documentary, but holy shit is it an ungodly mess.

I'm pretty proud how two of the episodes came out, but man. I really hope we have good propositions to make this thing better cause if not we're screwed.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Screening went well!

Now we have a month to clean up the narrative with the director and producer's notes, add new B-roll, add new animation, and new interview segments before we officially release it.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

You know I wanted to avoid anything on the game until it came out, but I saw this video anyway and holy shit am I excited!
by Kenny
Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steelbook edition. I also bought a DLC voucher separately on eBay.
by Kenny
Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crimson Ryan wrote: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Oh, you mean:

by Kenny
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll give ya'll a hint, it's based on a classic literary character written by one of the most influential sci-fi writers of all time.
by Kenny
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I might be involved in a remake of a TV show. :)
by Kenny
Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Because fuck this movie.
by Kenny
Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Channel about games.

Hello guys, today I released my channel on youtube "Games Made in Brazil" I want to show a little about the story and culture of games in my country, and many curious facts. I talk a little about Nintendo and Sega in this video.

Sorry for my English, I know I made some mistakes but I'll improve in the next hahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXtf1BXbmqo
by neosnk
Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
by Kenny
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thinking of getting another arcade stick. The one I have is too bite sized, can't get comfortable with it.

But not sure if it should be Hori or not. I don't really like the little spherical stick:

http://i.imgur.com/09JpzPu.jpg?1

I prefer this one:

http://i.imgur.com/YGQeR87.jpg

Also discovered Leo has more moves. Jesus, is character is one of the most versatile i've seen in this game.
by Kenny
Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Metro: Redux on PS4. Working my way through 2033 right now. They remade it using the Metro: Last Light engine, so its looks incredible compared to its older 360/PC counterparts. The lighting and textures are almost as good as Last Light itself. I forgot how atmospheric these games are. Definitely two of the best story driven FPS games out there. Makes me miss the old STALKER games.
by Raithos
Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I bought an SD2SNES -- now I can play all the Super Metroid rom hacks on official hardware without any input lag (and I can play just about every other SNES game too).

:D
by Thief
Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double post, but worth it. Kingdom Hearts CE with both 1.5 and 2.5 packaged together with a Shadow plush. Looks sweet as hell

https://khce.na.square-enix.com/
by Raithos
Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

14 years ago this week Dreamcast owners in Europe and North America purchased Shenmue.

by Ziming
Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need a search party Edit: members missing

I like the guy just fine but was out of the ordinary and out of the blue. Oh well.

Now where is Myles!

I can't believe this place is still intact! I'm Myles (i dont even recall the email/password or any info from before so i registered again).

To catch you guys up a bit, I've been married for over 3 years now, have a son that's 4 years old and enjoying every minute of him. I was thinking about you guys lately and thought i'd check to see if it's still here, and I wasnt disappointed. I see a few familar faces. I cant really keep up with the new gen game talk, but I'll be around.
by NewMyles
Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

remember when ryudo went fucking crazy and banned everyone and climbed the empire state building like king kong
by beedle
Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Been putting this off for a while now..

God, what dark times those were in the internet age.

But how sweet they were in the console days.
by Kenny
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Good to see you again Myles. Always welcome here, you know that.

Lol I remember indeed Beedle. I wonder when my time will come when cabin fever strikes and I go mental :lol:

You'll be OK as long as you spend less time here than he did. So, anything less than 14 hours a day! ;-) :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope that works out kenny, seems like you have led yourself into a advantageous situation, if you can deliver the goods, who knows what could happen next?

I'm not even mentioning the BIGGER things that are happening on the side. This is just a nice thing that could turn into a sale, a meeting with Jackie, and possibly even a pretty darn good film. I'm just trying to get exposure at this point for my personal shit.
by Kenny
Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2q3zojn.jpg

Just starting now.
Interesting to read that they apparently managed to squeeze about 20% more power out of the last-gen consoles for this release, over what they did with Black Flag. Supposed to result in longer draw distances and larger areas being loaded or something. Cool little fact.
by OL
Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4/XB1)

That seals it. No way im playing it until its around 30 bucks. By then they'll have it patched up lord knows how many times and it'll be smoother. AC games never really ran incredibly smooth to begin with on last gen, but for this gen when the standard should be native 1080p not 900p and 60fps not sub 30. This is just dumb.
And this is exactly what happens when corporate doesnt want to delay the yearly money train.
by Axm
Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Bicycle Mod Project by James Reiner (Progress Vi

Alrighty, as promised. Here are some teaser images of my new approach.

Custom debug value allowing for player to control Wang's AI. Here we have WanRyo about to hop on the bike.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/bike1_zpse834350f.jpg

Here we have the first camera pivot as the bike animation happens, that doesnt exist.
The model for Ryo/Wang disappears. I do not know why this happens yet.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/bike2_zps3ad0af98.jpg

Here we have the final camera pivot of WanRyo on the bike.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/Bike3_zps003ef9ae.jpg

Here we have WanRyo riding to the end of Dobuita.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/bike4_zps19ef2e19.jpg

Currently, the bike floats and Ryo's model dissappears.

With this approach, I do not know if its fixable. But I'll keep looking into it.

For now, thanks for being patient.

/james
by shengoro86
Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic