Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

So I sniffed this place out for a while and realised that things have changed.

There's less negativity than before. Less bitching, it seems. Think i'll stick around for a while.

I'm sure you've all missed me, fellas.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that, Mitts, even without reading the comics.

Then again, I've always considered the Batman films to be massively overrated (and I hate that word) Begins is the best in the trilogy, simply because it's pieced together perfectly. TDK felt like things were moving too fast, and the Two Face transition was awful, IMO. The rest of the film was pretty solid, given the script. TDKR had some cool moments, but like others have said, the conclusion to Bane and that cheese-filled ending left a bitter taste in my mouth. Like TDK, TDKR moved way, way too fast for its own good.

Clearly Nolan had his limitations, but TDK and TDKR needed to be split into two parts, each. There's just too much going on.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psygnosis (developers of wipEout) shut down by Sony

Shame to see yet another long-standing developer fall victim to the times. It seems like only the major players in the industry are guaranteed their survival, taking the lions share.

Wipeout has been one of my favourite gaming memories, way back in the mid 90's. Everything Wipeout-related has been stellar, including the PS3 release. I spent countless hours on HD before I defected to the dark side. I hope to play some of their games again in the future.

They'll be missed but hopefully not forgotten. Seems like another nail in the coffin for those who paved the way.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Not like it's a sport. Sports are for athletes. Golf is what athletes do when they get old and retire in their late 30's early 40's. Golfer just play til they die. Not retire and play something else. It's the most dull thing around. Esp watching it my god like watching paint dry.

Quite possibly the most narrow-minded statement I've ever read in my entire life.

Perhaps if you left your bedroom once in a while and picked up a golf club, you would realise how difficult this 'sport' is. No, you don't need to be physically fit to play golf, but you sure as hell need to be mentally fit, as well as ridiculously talented. This years Ryder Cup was brilliant, and a great spectacle for the fans.
by Clint
Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Gen is in the twilight so it's time to reflect

Truth is the 70% of people who bought xbox 360s for fifa and cod aren't any better then the 70% that bought the wii for wii fit.

Bit of a strange one, that.

In all fairness, COD and FIFA are normally very good games, which offer far more in the way of entertainment and innovation than the Wii-fad franchises. It's like comparing a block of gold to a turd.

COD and FIFA arn't perfect, but they're generally punished for being extremely successful. I agree that they make minor improvements every year, but why brake something that works? There's no way you or anyone else could argue that they are bad games. They're pretty fucking good. Wii Fit on the other hand was a fad, and was intended to be a fad, a cash-in. Not to mention it was an awful idea. Like it or not COD and FIFA will go on for years.
by Clint
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^I think you're seriously retarded.
by Clint
Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members MIA

I still hover around. Mostly I just check out the latest opinions on upcoming games and films etc, but never feel inclined to post. I suppose I come here out of nostalgia, really. Only takes a few minutes a week to have a look around so there's no point in me disappearing completely. No harm done.

I was always the guy with the least popular opinion around here so that never helped. :lol:
by Clint
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CLINT

I see you, brother.
by Clint
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

So I randomly woke up at 3am and decided to log back in.
by Clint
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Really enjoyed the new Twin Peaks.

As a massive fan of the original series, I found myself conflicted at the extreme slow pace, and difference in direction that Lynch wanted to take the Series in. Not sure what the rest of you guys thought, but in similar fashion to Shenmue , I'm glad that we got to see more.

It's vastly different, and I welcome the change. Even if the majority of the new Season is based upon ' a dream', it was nice to see some of the old cast back together. I would need to watch the entire Series again, but my initial thought was that the new direction is the portrayal of what occurred inside the Black Lodge - after Cooper gave up his soul (Season 2 finale)

I enjoyed the ending. (episode 18) My initial conclusion is that there are two 'dreamers' - both Laura and Cooper. They are each trying to find a way out of the Lodge. Together; they keep failing. It leaves the door open for a potential Season 4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen. Fans have been asking for a continuation of the Series for such a long time that this is perhaps the final product.

I'll watch it all again and make another post on the subject, but I'm convinced there's much more to be decoded in Season 3, and that multiple timelines/dreams/real-life events are occurring simultaneously. Lynch is the master of experimenting with alternate realities, and ultimately, still manages to provide the audience with their own personal interpretation of what's occurred, without losing credibility. I can't think of one other film director who is so good at finding such a balance. Love him or hate him, his work is an experience , like a fine art which can take a lifetime to digest, and just as long to question why you indulged yourself to begin with.
by Clint
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic