Search found 49 matches

Return

Re: do you walk or run through this game?

so you guys where never asked if you were japanese by the sushi guy in grene market? or the girls in abderdeen who are stunned by your beauty? :P
by drunkensailor
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote the Shenmue soundtrack into the Classic FM Hall of

I voted and I've also send this to a number of friends and posted it on sega-16
by drunkensailor
Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast Emulators?

Awesome-sauce! I already have a working dreamcast, original Xbox and 360, but ive seen many wuth the emulator on youtube and iy looks waaaay better than playing it on dreamcast scart...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
just play it on a hdtv(no bigger than 32 inch) with vga cable and it looks just as well as on emulatiom but plays a lot better without all the glitches.
by drunkensailor
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who's going to finally play/beat Shenmue II?

it's not dumb at all. good on you in fact. the last disc to me is by far the best thing I've ever played. be prepared for some major plot things
by drunkensailor
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

shredingskin wrote: They are going to add paypal support, so that would increase the ammount.

best news ever! I can only use paypal as creditcards are not used here
by drunkensailor
Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

well i havent found anything new in shenmueII yet.
then you didn;'t look well enough. shenmue 2 has a lot more of these conversations then shenmue 1. for instance the girls sitting outside near pigeon park at a bar when you walk near them they start talking to you every time and they really seem to dig you 8)

edit: the key is in general to ALWAYS walk in the game, don't run. I found this out some years ago and people will call you when walking nearby. there's a sushi restaurant owner out on the street when walking by he recognizes you as japanese and starts talking with you about japan. really great stuff!
by drunkensailor
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

We need to stop freaking out, even if we get... Lets say $5M. They can still open the paypal option post KS for a year and gather those $10M.
the thing is. will they even understand this? their campaign and ks page is ran so terribly I don't have any confidence in them making the right decisions in this.
by drunkensailor
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Elusive Gold Dural

Yeah, pretty much giving up because of when I want to start Shenmue 2. Tried again on New Year's and nothing. I have wasted WAY too much time and money trying to get the damn thing. I wish I could find a gameshark code for ONLY that particular toy. I ain't too proud, and seriously those odds are ridiculous. I have FOUR silvers for crying out loud.

Then again RNG hates me sometimes. I have a herd of chicken legs and I STILL have yet to get a Solo-Wing. It also took me forever to get Jacky 2.
why would you do that? that really completely ruins the whole point of acquing the item if you cheat. my god I can't believe I read things like these. how hard is it to accept you won't get it? I was always doing these slothouses for fun and my girlfriend in her first playthrough gets 3 red 7's en wins the miniature slotmachine toy. winning that rare thing gives it way more pleasure than cheating your way out of it
by drunkensailor
Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Get Shibuya Productions to manage/absorb KS?

elmatto wrote: You guys are being unrealistic if you think Awesome japan is going to be replaced.

if shenmue 3 is possible then why not this?
by drunkensailor
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

7heavens wrote: Shenmue 2 made u feel like a foreigner lost in a big city so it fits well with ryos circumstance. And in shenmue 1 u knew everything and every1 again perfectly fits his circumstance as yukosuka is ryos home

this 100%
by drunkensailor
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

awesome japan did everything they could to kill that hype, as did sony
by drunkensailor
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

the game debuted live on e3 all over the world. had other game projects been given the same circumstances they would've had a way bigger start as well. what is troublesome now is that the ks hasn't just stalled. it's losing money actually
by drunkensailor
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

another VERY important question. will you keep donations coming in after ks ended through paypal? if they do this, this is the only way to get 10 million dollars
by drunkensailor
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 In UK Games Magazines

Forgot to say awesome scans! Looking forward to reading them later!

I'm not european, so can explain why Shenmue is so popular there? I'm really curious. It sounds really awesome.

USA don't like Shenmue ?

Not as much as Europe it seems. It feels like most of the posters here are located in Europe, notably the UK/Scotland/Ireland region.
I think you are right. for instance shenmue 2 in europe on a dead system still sold nearly 500k( alot of imports too I think) which is a lot more than shenmue 2 on xbox ever sold on a not dead system. yakuza also sells beter in europe than in usa. I think there are 2 reasons. most of all europe has a very adult gaming history, games like mario and other "kiddy" games never were very popular here. europe is where sandbox rpg's, point and click adventure games, strategy games and big simulation games came from and were incredibly popular. european gaming taste is therefore much more diverse I dare say.

add to that the fact that in most of europe, sega has always been way more popular than anything else until sony came around(especially in uk, spain, portugal, italy) and you may have your answer.
by drunkensailor
Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

lol no, Ren sounds like a pussy, I laughed my ass off the first time I heard him in English. Even Ryo sounds more bored than in S1. I'd also rather avoid a Fuku san that sounds like a clown, among other things. Ugh, what a shitty, terrible dub.

Ren sounds like a whiny smartass, which he is. The game will never be nominated for any awards, but I think the only reason that you think the Japanese VA is that much better is because you can't understand them. I don't think it's all that great either.

And I don't remember Fuku-san being in Shenmue 2.
well you're wrong. the japanese va is really good with very good high calibre voice actors well known for other movies and projects. the american va is TERRIBLE. this has even been admitted by guys like jeremy blaustein who worked on the dub. it was terrible because yu suzuki didn't understand a single word of english and was the one responsible for hiring non actors for this only because they were either befriended with his cousin or because they were the only one willing to travel to japan to do the voices there
by drunkensailor
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

To drunkensailor: It was very much documented on the net back then (It's what made all of us finally give up on so called professional review sites), but I suck at digging up info that is only a few years old on the net, nevermind stuff this old. I thought it was pretty common knowledge though, especially for people who were around back then.
so in other words: no proof at all.

I hate the fact only AAA games get decent treatment from "gaming journalists". Indie/smaller budget games always get crapped on and it's not fair.

I'm at a crossroads: I'd be interested to see how Life Is Strange, personally one of my favourite titles in many years with a lot of heart and soul - and an impossible choice ending - faired with the likes of Gamespot, Polygon and Eurogamer. But I daren't even look in case I get frustrated with them again.

Edit: It looks like Gamespot are at it again already. They took one sentence from Yu's recent interview and made it sound like he "is teasing an Xbox One release". =D> :roll:
yeah like limbo :roll: mother of god what a bunch of idiots here. companies paying traveling and food etc is normal. any company does this and it's not bribing it's called PROMOTION and it was also done 15-20 years ago. explain to me how a game like the witcher 3 get's such enormous praise yet had almost no money in promotion and advertising. better yet explain to me how certain games can still get low grades (mad max)despite companies treating reviewers like that.
by drunkensailor
Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which version has better graphics?

the dreamcast version looks better when played through vga and it looks better by a lot. not even close imo
by drunkensailor
Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Revisiting Gamespot's 6.8 Review

the biggest dutch videogame magazine power unlimited during their 20th year anniversary 2 years ago asked reviewers what they felt most sorry about and the guy who reviewed shenmue 1 and gave it a 7.6 said he regretted it immensely and it haunted him still to this day as well as people still to this day confronting him with it. he felt he wasn't ready for the game in hindsight and should've given it a lot higher and someone else to review
by drunkensailor
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PoliceNauts for Sega Saturn - English Version

when did this happen?

I believe they completed it years ago. Right now they are fine-tuning the translation.
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

Torrent with all 3 games.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6951180/Shining_Force_III_-_Complete_Collection_%5BTranslated_-_English%5D

The Dragonforce 2 translation has been in the works for over 2 years. Right now they are looking for translators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lpM1dxSMU
the dragon force 2 translation has been completed and can be downloaded and on top of that the policenauts saturn translation has a good chance of already getting released next month
by drunkensailor
Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

any video game player should watch this. wow! the be all end all of videogames this is. makes shenmue even more beauitful in retrospect
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st of january

I guess I never played shenmue 1 so late in the game but it's january 1st and all the woman yamanose at least where special kimono's and all over dobuita are flowers! never knew this!
by drunkensailor
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

how does your gameroom look like??

here is mine:

http://s28.postimg.org/3qy9gschp/20160214_163725.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/6m27dg4ir/20160214_163616.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/t0zs1ts7d/20160214_163840.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/t02xke7rn/20160214_164020.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/hth0ljzyd/20160214_164304.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/9n4i5s2z1/ico.png

my girlfriend made all of this for me, also the framed painting with outrun and other favorite games of me done on them (strijkkraaltjes, don't know english word ;)). she's very handy. all systems you see are hooked up at once and can be played at any time. my ps4 and other ps3 are in living room downstairs.

the painting of ico was made by my dad several years ago.

please post yours and also what you have for shenmue
by drunkensailor
Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how does your gameroom look like??

philips cdi 220 version with extra mpeg expansion
by drunkensailor
Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

great interview! especially the bit about shenmue 3 on dreamcast! I really wish for that
by drunkensailor
Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

I fear a hd release would bomb, based on the terrible voice acting alone. it could work if they add japanese voices and english subtitles
by drunkensailor
Sun May 22, 2016 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I hope you all feel horrible when Shenmue isn't at PSX. Cause it won't be. I mean i don't know anything for sure but come on, it's just not.
Is this a goof or are you being genuine here?

It's a bit of both. But let's just say I find it better to not be hyped and to be surprised at PSX than to be hyped and then be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition.
you will be just as disappointed as we are except you can now take the credits that you claimed this all along and pretend you're not disappointed. seriously how old are you?
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 - Game Informer Super Replay

holy mother of shit. how can you get that?!!
by drunkensailor
Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 on Xbox for the first time in 14 years

My first experience with shenmue was also shenmue 2 when it was just released on the dreamcast in 2001. I immediately got shenmue 1 after that as well. really glad my experience started with the subbed version since the dub is beyond atrocious, worse even than in shenmue 1
by drunkensailor
Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 on Xbox for the first time in 14 years

wow, great story. nostalgic feelings are so powerful. I know exactly what you mean.
by drunkensailor
Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

I'm really hyped and my expectations are sky high like the previous shenmues justifie. also I'm VERY happy they won't rush the game to end in shenmue 3. I rather not have an end to the story and a very good shenmue 3, then a Rushed one
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Yep. For me, at Amazon, the total price for Switch, a charging grip, an additional adapter (so I can power the dock and the charging grip at the same time,) and Breath of the Wild, it comes to $443 USD. (Well, 442 and some change, but I round up.)

Living in the UK, I've always found the American concept of arriving at the counter with an armful of products and being charged more than the prices they were labelled with on the shelves to be utterly insane. Why should the customer have to calculate the real cost before knowing whether they've brought enough cash?
It's crazy something that could absolutely never happen in Europe. I agree
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah we yanks are a weird lot lol. (Today more than ever. :p)

It's partly because every state has its own sales tax. Different states charge different things. In my state for instance:

California adds a mandatory local rate of 1.25% that increases the total state sales and use tax base to 7.25%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high at 9.75%. Food and prescription drugs are exempt from sales tax.

In more Switch news...

... Amazon now shows Breath of the Wild - the Switch version, not the Wii U version which seems to be selling more poorly - as being the third best seller in video games for all platforms right now, behind Madden 17 on both PS4 and Xbox One. Those Madden games are perennial sellers, so this is hopefully a good sign. Also a possible good sign that it's selling better on Switch apparently than Wii U.
we in the eu also live in a pretty much federal state without real borders and different taxes and each state simply has to get taxes included in the prices on the labels.
by drunkensailor
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Youtubers who will likely play Shenmue III

happyconsolegamer
gamesack
john hancock
digital foundry
by drunkensailor
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Youtubers who will likely play Shenmue III

although they don't really review games (they do have a ton of viewers). the guys at gamesack love shenmue according to them in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0cRztKrRs

they even built their own lucky hit!
by drunkensailor
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thief wrote: Judging from the trailer, I prefer the English voice acting.

agreed
by drunkensailor
Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

all this money will go into shenmue 4! :D
by drunkensailor
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

I think there's pretty much a zero percent chance of the game hitting its estimated release date. I believe that the last KS update said that the game was still in the R&D stage? I'm not an expert on game development by any means but a 12 month turnaround seems way too ambitious. I feel like Summer 2018 is probably the best case scenario for the game to be released, and Holiday 2018 is probably the most realistic expectation.

Anyway, I can't help but wonder if they'll end up cancelling the demo and cite the resources needed to release the game sooner as an excuse. From what I understand, demos are a lot more work than you would think, and if they're feeling pressured about delaying the game that would be an obvious thing to cut. There will be some pushback on the decision since they listed it as a KS bonus but I think it would be a smart move.

I just reread my post and I know it seems like I'm being kind of negative but I really don't mean to come off that way.
this game will 99% hit december releasedate. they are already very far in development as was confirmed in one of the updates. if one thing they are actually ahead of schedule thanks to the easy to work with unreal engine
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

Snakiest wrote: I believe the demo was intended as a way to collect feedback and make the game better at first, but something is telling me Yu has it all under control and we are more likely to see a proper demo for PR purposes closer to the release date.

I agree. I think shenmue 3 will blow us away
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

Jesse wrote: Lol. I don't think its ever mentioned what kind of drugs. I just had a random thought about it when Mark mentions the Long Zha. Side note if any of the characters were on drugs who would it be and what kinds?

clearly ryo is on some kind of prozac
by drunkensailor
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

The solution certainly isn't resurrecting an engine from 1999 and trying to make it work in 2018/2019. That's where the post really goes off the rails. You won't hear me say a bad thing about Shenmue II, but I've got to be honest: the game was starting to look dated when it came out in the States on the Xbox. I say that as someone who considers it the greatest video game OF ALL TIME.

Sure, nostalgia/vintage stuff is charming, but it's time to move on. What you want would seal the game's fate as an obscure novelty before it even comes out.
the shenmue 2 engine definitely wasn't dated upon north american release. in fact I think it still plays excellently. the best engine ever to this day. I mean look how little details are animated like walking on steps. not until gta 4 was released would we see anything like that and the elder scrolls to this day fail at this.
by drunkensailor
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how does your gameroom look like??

here is mine updated:

https://i.imgur.com/35KRx43.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eHnLB4m.jpg

Got it up like it is here last friday. cost me a whole day. had a similar setup before, all made by my girlfriend btw, but it had become a mess because I had gotten different systems and most of all improved cables for pretty much all my systems. I'm a huge videophile so this is very important to me. now it's all set and done for a while I hope.

Only my ps4 is now left connected to a tv downstairs.
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

What? No! Damn, if only Isao Okawa was still alive. I bet he would have funded Shenmue III which would obviously be amazing! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world :sad:

What's more, S1 and 2, in fact Dreamcast as a whole were funded by a billionaire patron with too much money in his account, who didn't expect anything back. We can only guess why he did it. Maybe he had a soft spot for quality video games?

Isao Okawa wasn't just some random billionaire art patron who liked video games. He was involved with Sega (first via CSK Holdings) starting in 1984, ultimately becoming Sega's president in 1999. He invested his own money to keep Sega from going bankrupt.

He's a hero! Japanese people are the most kindest and best (excluding the idiots at Sega of course!). Do you know any other rich person that is involved with Sega?
reading your post you are either 12 years old or have the brain of one. It makes sense now.
by drunkensailor
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic