Search found 697 matches

Return

Re: Less Forums

AG after awhile the gaming forum will be fine and you'll get used to it. One thing I hope people do is don't call topics like GTAV new trailer. Just call it GTAV and let all talk and trailers go in there. Always seemed silly to me we have a topic 10 pages long called something like Ni No Kuni Screens.

As for the junk forum I'd say just delete all the nude shit and unhide it. Mostly the reason it is not used is because most people can't even see it or know how to. Just don't let nudes in and let people spam in there rather then general.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:01 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hybrid (5th Cell FPS)

Even used his other account.

Coby wrote:looks boring


Surprised he didn't use his third one. TumTum or something.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Voting For Mods

Neo Matrix wrote:It's like asking which one of Jedward you hate more...


The one who talks first because it makes the other one talk.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Got a message from Clint saying his thinking about coming back.
by Riku Rose
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

I suggest a name rather then some random word or two. Makes conversations a bit better when your talking to someone named Peter or Kenny rather then Shenmoofan123.

I suggest the name Brian Blessed and make this your pic:

http://www.moviebrainrot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/31-blessed-415.jpg
by Riku Rose
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:24 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, yea, Tony Scott....

Really bummed out by this, True Romance has got to be one of my favorite films of all time.
by Riku Rose
Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

Kenny wrote:As far as that video is concerned: WHY?!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! AND IN PUBLIC?!


The woman's face by the end looks like she fears for her safety.
by Riku Rose
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:39 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does Yu Have The Eye Of The Tiger?

I was watching one of the finest films to ever be made the other day Rocky III. I couldn't help but be reminded of Yu's struggle in trying to make SIII. Both Rocky 1&2 are just like Shenmue 1&2.

Shenmue 1 came out and did pretty good but many felt it could do much better, many wanted to see much more of this gem just like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 1.

Shenmue 2 came out and smashed the record for most imported game taking the title just like Rocky does against Apollo Creed in Rocky 2.

Then Yu sold out and signed a deal with Microsoft and seemed to not be that bothered anymore. At the start of Rocky 3 we see Rocky selling out, advertising credit cards and cars loosing the passion he had for boxing. The port was poor and it seemed he lost his passion. This may have to do with the death of SEGA just like the death of Rocky's trainer Micky. Shenmue 2x came out and just like the first fight against Mr T it got knocked on it's arse.

Now we are in the present day and we need Yu to get back that passion for game making. Rocky had Apollo Creed to help him get out of his rut but who can help Yu?
by Riku Rose
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Yama, Henry and Peter start taking apart the junk forum: http://www.grapheine.com/bmovie-tv/publ ... 80c54.html
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yakuza 5 is rejigging its combat system to include dance battles and brawls that blend more seamlessly with the rest of the game.

These details emerged from Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (via Andriasang). When playing as teenage wannabe pop sensation Haruka, players will engage in dance offs against rivals in a rhythm action game set to five genres: hip hop, house, idol, jazz and rock. Successful moves will build up a gauge that when full can be used to unleash special Heat moves.

Upon the end of each dance battle she'll be judged by spectators. If she wins, her "expression power" rises, helping her level up.

As for the more familiar bone-crunching brawls, you'll have to battle right on the spot with an encountered foe, as opposed to the staid mechanics of yesteryear that slowly transitioned into a closed off arena for battles. Purportedly enemy AI and animations have been spruced up, too.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.

Sorry I have to speak up. What the fuck. The last few days you have barely posted I'm assuming because of this. It's like we barely know you anymore. We rarely see you enough as it is now compared to the old days. Before you know it we will just see you once a month, then holidays and then it will just be major events like Kenny's film premieres. Your a shadow of what you was and I can't go on with out speaking up.

Congrats man I assume I'm best man.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:50 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psygnosis (developers of wipEout) shut down by Sony

Shit I missed that they made Lemmings I put so many hours into that on the Mega Drive.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

OL wrote:We were sitting in my front yard drinking wine and eating strawberries on a totally clear night,


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN1YxjhxTCk[/youtube]

Seriously though the stag do?
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:33 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Clint
QWERTY
JC Denton

Where the fuck is Martin?

Awesome to have you back Clint.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdcJWDNsao[/youtube]
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:34 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

What's your XBL tag? I'll add you on there.

Don't tell him Clint he asked for mine last week and still hasn't added me. I run to my Xbox every morning to look, I'm like a kid who's dad is coming to pick him up for the weekend only for my mum to come out to the door step to say he called and he isn't coming.
by Riku Rose
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Just because I wanted to dance instead of playing Basketball.
by Riku Rose
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

I remember the FA Cup final where they said over the speakers for everyone to sit down and the ground just burst into. "Stand Up if you love Millwall."

I see the games on ESPN classic from the 70's and 80's and just wish there was that passion in the supporters now.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL's Stag Do In Vegas

We are going to Vegas for OL's stag do.

Image
Myself, Spokane, Kenny and OL

Also Mr Chow will be Mittens and Black Doug Brothaman.
by Riku Rose
Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been revealed by series creator Hideo Kojima.

The franchise boss unveiled the new title during an event marking the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series.

Ground Zeroes runs in the new Fox Engine. Twitter reports from the event state that real-time footage of the game was shown in action, leaving many in the audience suitably impressed.

"Well other people are talking about it so... next Metal Gear shown, and it looks F***ing HOT," one user wrote.

"Snake crawled, avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in helicopter for evac," said another. "Sounds like Metal Gear, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow."

The demo was reportedly running on PC at current-gen specs, according to a third person in the audience.

The section ended with the player being airlifted to safety in a helicopter playing Ride of the Valkyries, Famitsu added.

Kojima also used the event to confirm a Metal Gear Solid film, to be produced by Marvel producer Avi Arad for Columbia Pictures.

Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops, a mobile game for GREE was also shown.

Hideo Kojima is set to speak in public again at the Eurogamer Expo next month. We're very excited.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-30-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-revealed

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/0/0/9/0/rm7dp.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/0/0/9/0/2.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1

Eagle-eyed fans have pegged the below images as being of Solid Snake mentor Big Boss, whose 1970s exploits were chronicled in previous Metal Gear Solid installments.

You can just about make out the strap of his eye-patch and the Militaires Sans Frontières logo on his arm.

Hideo Kojima previously stated he'd like to return to the character for "Metal Gear Solid 5", and had ideas for a game involving the World War Two Normandy landings.

"Metal Gear Solid 4 wrapped up in 2008, and the dev team took post-project time off right after that," Kojima said last year. "But, of course, we were in a situation where we had to start planning for MGS5. So I started coming up with several ideas.

"I had several ideas for a game featuring The Boss and the Cobra Unit during the invasion of Normandy. I then handed these plans over to the team so they could take over and make the game."
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmBTH3wjgDU[/youtube]

Follow this video but when it comes to your IP put these in:

173.199.144.68
206.214.214.28


Then reset your PS3 and sign in with your UK Netflix account and you get tons more shows and films.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

I made this for Sailors?

Image
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Anyway, the setting of MGS5 doesn't sound like a bad idea. I just wanted them to let the series end.

Konami just don't have a choice. It's either make money or get in shit and put the company in trouble financially.

I honestly don't know why it bothers people just stick to the games in the series you love and enjoy them for what they are.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

I think it's just the way I view things. I'm able to watch just the first 3 Indiana Jones movies and not bother with the 4th. It's not something that annoys me I don't see the point in getting annoyed. Should I ever get bored of MGS or some other series I'll just stop and should I go back I'll just play the games I like.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Causing Trouble At School

Was on a football forum and see a thread about the worst things you did at school. These where my favorites.

Amongst all of the fights, countless letters home and detentions my finest moment was when I tried to burn the school down..and almost suceeded. There was a paper recycling bin next to the chemistry department (very stupid place to put it) and I chucked in a lit piece of paper, next thing I know the thing went up in a smoke within seconds. I did a runner and sat in the library. Next thing loads of my mates pile in pissing themselves laughing saying all the teachers were panicking trying to put it out. They struggled for quite a while but eventually managed it, then the investigation commenced.

Must of gone on for a month - first they claimed they had cctv evidence of who did it, but I knew where the cunts put those camera's so I called their bluff..they were lying. Then they gave the whole school detention for weeks on end hoping someone would grass, but no one did. Then they did a compulsory anonymous ballot for everyone in school to put a name down and mine came up but to my surprise so did another kids who I hated. We had an intesnse week long interrogation and eventually with my cool calm persuasive skills they pulled me to one side and apologised for wasting my time and said they knew it was him all along.

I found it hilarious, went home told my parents and the cunts rang up the school and grassed me up..something about morals and you do the crime you do the time. Got excluded for a week, bastards.

When I was 12 (year7?), I discovered a larder in the food technology department, that stored all the choc bars and crisps for the tuck shop - remember those? After staying behind for a club one day I chanced it and was delighted with a sneaky haul of several boxes of dairy milk and mars bars which I transferred into my locker, with the intention of selling them for 30p a time which was a good rate back then. A good trade developed over the next few days but some fat kid who had bought one grassed me up because he thought they were stolen.

The lies that fell out of my mouth that afternoon in the headmaster's office. I concocted a story that a bad man waited in the field in our village where I trained on thursday nights with the under 13s team, and when we were doing our laps at the start I had to go into the next field where he waited and give him the money I made from selling them. I told them if I didnt get him enough money each week, he had threatened to rape me in the butt.

I was expecting a compassionate understanding response.

I was not expecting to be jogging round the field that thursday, as 8 police officers waited in various hiding places - a dog unit primed for response nearby and my foster mum sitting in a car with my social worker sobbing uncontrollably. Needless to say the mystery man didn't show and I just stood there like a lemon for half hour thinking ' fuck,fuck,fuck...'

Summer holidays were particularly shit that year. And I was never allowed a locker again :(

What's the worst shit that happened at your school that either you or mates did?
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:32 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

If you're an individual who still can't see that Motomu Toriyama is a fucking idiot ironically sitting on a multimillion game developing equipment, then that's because you're as stupid as he is and/or you're just a tasteless cunt who can't see that Motomu Toriyama's games are not only god-damn stupid, but also ugly as shit and disjointed. The FFXIII bullshit must die in a hellfire of rage, along with Square Enix as a whole because it's a company of FAIL fueled by mindless jerks who treat the FF name like a guarantee of quality.

This is a world where Motomu Toriyama makes the third shitty high budget FFXIII game in a row when nobody asked for any of it and Yu Suzuki eats shit while creating 'social' crap. "Injustice" doesn't even begin to describe where this bucket of pukes called humanity is right now.

The only "new" thing would be the doomsday timer approach if it wasn't for the fact that a mainline Zelda game did it over a decade ago. It doesn't matter it's new for the FF series because what they're doing is taking the most lame and unoriginal way possible in this day and age. Disgusting.

So Dorian is back...
by Riku Rose
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

QWERTY™ wrote: Ico HD. Struggling to see what all the fuss is about tbh.


I thought it was a cracking little game but not one of the top 10 best ever games which it always seems to creep up in. I much preferred SotC and loved the look of Last Guardian.
by Riku Rose
Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:02 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I think "unplayable" is a pretty harsh exaggeration. If any Yakuza game is nigh-unplayable, then so are Final Fight and Streets of Rage. Punch, kick, throw. The Heat actions certainly bring it to greater life, of course, but without them I'd just call it "nothing amazing" myself. It'd play just fine, it just wouldn't be as fun or interesting as stomping their faces or shoving a rolled magazine up their asses.

Agreed on the ability to pick things up though. It's a fun little gimmick, but it doesn't define how detailed something is. I don't want to say one has the advantage over the other necessarily, but the two series are at least on par with eachother in the detail department.

Come on you know better after all these years then to try and debate with the guy. It's like trying to explain how to file your taxes to a cat.
by Riku Rose
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

That's a lazy box set. Wow gee wiz buy a bunch of re painted PS1 & PS2 discs that I already have.


They should have put everything on discs for PC,360 & PS3 & Wii U. Then add a few DVD's to the legacy and making and best memories of FF from the devlopers new and old. An OST set to all the games in the series. 3-4 art 300 page books on the best of the series. Then yes a print that has special 25th logo signed by all the names to be part of the series for the past 25 years.

Most of the games can be played on the PS3 other then the PSP and PS2 ones (Although can be played on some). Releasing them on 360 and Wiiu would be alot of hard work with licensing and what not. I'm sure we would have all the games on Xbox Live by now if it wasn't a problem.

They are releasing a book which will have what you want on the DVD.

What you want is pretty unrealistic.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Just caught up on Breaking Bad. The last 8 episodes are going to be epic.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:06 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

See these Breaking Bad memes and it made me laugh.

Season 4 spoiler:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/360/613/8b8.jpeg
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/701/tumblr_ltshael8Vd1r5crhao1_500.gif
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/713/tumblr_lu27zo86wA1r5crhao1_500.jpg
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/712/tumblr_lub6ujNGwF1r5crhao1_500.jpg
Season 5 spoiler:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/386/815/af5.png
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/381/389/ed4.jpg
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/380/842/0e4.png
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/373/000/eb0.jpg
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/369/761/6f0.jpg
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:43 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

Seriously Ryudo just go outside.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

^I still think that film wouldn't have made the money it did had Ledger not died. As soon as he died lots more people where more interested in the film. I knew people who would never care about a Batman film start talking about it. I'm sure it would have done amazing and got lots of critical praise I just don't think the box office numbers would be so high. Just look at the difference between the the takings for Begins and DK.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:27 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

imho the true problem here isn't even the shennanigans of giving away a game or recruiting for another forum. may be a rule et all, still no big deal.
but the nature and title of this thread... hypocrisy much?

for crying out loud...

The real problem here is that Ryudo cares far to much that he is no longer the big boss man. The best thing to do is ignore him and hopefully he leaves. Not trying to be childish here but it would be better for the guy if he turned off the internet and video games once in awhile.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Peter wrote:RIKU

[img]riku[/img]


You should know I wear SuperDry over Puma.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Honestly Dorian you say you don't complain about everything but since you came back a day or two ago all you have done is complain about games. Even Yakuza you said you like but have said about 20 times that it's unplayable. FFS give it a rest. If you don't like a game fair enough state your case but every time there is a new trailer or someone says something we don't need to hear it again.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Kiba's identity is something I always think will be revealed on the last day of this forum. Like the little things you was wondering through a whole TV series that they come out and say in the last episode.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

@Riku and @Ryudo: I don't care what you two have to say about my posts. I write them to let my thoughts out. Just ignore me if they bother you. But it's funny that Riku never reads anything I have to say carefully because each time he summaries something I said, it's full of errors.

The fact is I can't ignore it. All topics turn into is people arguing with you over something pathetic because you keep going on about it. As I said feel free to say that you don't like a game but 10 posts on how you think the new MGS sucks because Kojima sucks at writing isn't needed. You got your point across at first and some people disagree.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Your right it's social interaction. If in a year your hanging out with two friends who like the new MGS game you may say you dislike it. If they keep talking about it and their experience over the next few weeks you don't keep going on about how you hate it. It's socially retarded and will piss people off. You've stated your case now let people talk about it without forcing your opinion down their throat.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

It's a public board and I will say what I want and when I want no matter if somebody likes it or not. I wouldn't be friends with people who can't indulge in constructive criticisms just because they like something that I dislike. Compromising because others think differently is pathetic. You're also being as selfish as Ryudo. You really can't understand that somebody might be equally pissed by your carefree posts about each game you play. Your idea of social interaction is a childish one, the kind of interaction between a school bully and those who he keeps on a leash made of fear.

I'm all for debates on this forum it was one of the reasons I so badly wanted Clint and Martin back.

What I'm saying is we don't need to hear the same reason over and over again. About 4 years ago at work my friends would talk about CoD for hours on end. At first I just said I wasn't really into the game and said why. Every time they talked about it from then on I wouldn't butt in and say why I dislike it again. I'd let them talk and enjoy themselves since at the end of the day it's just rude.

Oblivion and Skyrim are games that I have no interest in and from every trailer I have seen I find things I don't like the look of. When someone made the thread I simply said I wasn't impressed and left it at that. The main reason being that maybe someone could tell me why I should be. Now every time a trailer got posted I wouldn't say how it looks like shit again since people already know I don't care for it. It just comes across as rude and ruins the topic for the other people.

Now it is different if when FFXV comes out and people have played it to debate on it. OL may say it's the best FF game ever while Clint feels it has a poor story compared to others. They are keeping the topic going and bringing up points rather then just stating that the director is talentless non stop.

There is a fine line between debating and being a douche to those who want to talk about a topic.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I'll just say my peace. I wasn't trying to get Dorian to leave this place just trying to ask him to be more considerate of the others on this board. I wasn't being nasty just getting my point across but because of this being text it's hard to judge how people are saying things and it can seem like I'm raging on my keyboard.

Everything is fine.
by Riku Rose
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:09 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last Of Us

After the Uncharted series I'm willing to try anything Naughty Dog knocks out next. I've only seen one or two trailers but it looks like something I'm going to love. I also love post apocalyptic settings so that's a bonus.
by Riku Rose
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Chinese bootleg of Breaking Bad:

Image
by Riku Rose
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm
 
Jump to forum
Jump to topic
Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net