Re: Sega Spectrum

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45960

We have a topic already from April
by Bluecast
Tue May 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA trying to buy Atlus

20 Billion Yen? Psch... Shenmue 3? bleh.
by Thief
Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA Cancelled Golden Axe, Streets of Rage & Shinobi Gam

My guess is that Sega is systematically canceling every game they're currently working on in order to gather the proper resources and preparations for Shenmue 3's development. This is it guys!
by Thief
Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cryptic message from Sega

Spilled.

What else gets spilled?

Tea.

Which country produces a lot of tea?

China.

Where's Ryo currently trapped?

Shenmue III confirmed.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki's project

In Soviet Russia, Shenmue III is making Yu Suzuki...

Unless there is some real source and evidence, I don't know what to think. If it's true, it would be really bad for Shenmue, at least throwing the possibility of III's arrival back by years.
by BlueMue
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki's project

The following was taken from a user post at Shenmue500k.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1425791_615667625159302_1479971978_n.jpg

There is some stuff about some new fantasy rpg fom Yu, he only told that events wont happen in China or Japan, and he`s inspired art stile (desing) from artist Alphonse Mucha, and its far from announcement, and only scenery and music are made yet..

Yeah,its the exclusive interview for russian jornalists for that magazine.

There also was question about Shenmue 3, Yu said nothing new, but but journalists saw a folder named Shemue 3 on his laptops desktop.
by Ziming
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)

So being that this is one of the PS4’s major launch titles and a first party exclusive this game should be the best example of what the system is capable of right? Well for the most part I think it does live up to being a great show case for what the PS4 is capable of in regards to graphics and control.

First to mention is the graphics. In my opinion, this game is the best looking next gen console game I have seen and played. Lighting is most notable due to it’s constant use in the game to show it off. If you crash through a window for example, that light will then radiate down onto the floor in a way that says “Hey look at me. You created this.” Or “Hey look at how the sun is glaring into your retina right now.” It’s all quite beautiful, yet for some maybe annoyingly overdone.
Beides lighting though the level of sharpness and detail in objects are overall rather impressive besides the occasional low res texture that they dont intend for you to pay attention to.

Sound is also rather impressive especially when using some 5.1 surround sound headphones like my Triton AX Pro’s.

Gameplay I say is a solid noteworthy mention here as an improvement over previous entries. AI seems smart enough to not be just running and ducking targets. The DualShock 4 also adds one of the best new elements to the game which is your attack/support drone. This is controlled entirely using the touch pad. After a level or so of getting adjusted to it, the touch pad in this game is a very intuitive control method. You can tell the drone to switch modes by swiping on it and then clicking down on it or pressing L1 to send it off to do it’s job.
On the negative end of this game though is the kind of mundane nature of having to pick up these power cores in later levels to place them into this conductors to blow them up. They over use it in at least 3 of the last few levels of the game and it really kind spoiled the fun. Id rather just continue to have nice set pieces to shoot down enemies then deal with distractions in the gameplay like that.
Otherwise the gunplay itself is rather satisfiying and fun. The guns have a great feel to them and when you shoot an enemy you see the reaction quite well defined so it really feels like you shot someone rather then in other FPS where enemies can feel like bullet sponges.

The multiplayer is kind of the downside of this game atleast for me. It’s just not very imaginative and its a pretty standard affair as far as the average game mode types go. The maps feel at times congested with all the players choosing to gather into one part of the map rather then utilize what should be a larger gameplay area. The exclusion of such a basic feature like In-Game voice chat is also a major downer.
During a game of capture the flag you’d think you would want to be able to communicate with your team without having to individually invite people to the PS4’s cross game chat so you can work together but thats the only option they force us into. Talks on a patch are in the works for this but I fear for the sake of the future of this game online, that people will have moved on to other games by then. Games that feature better multiplayer anyways.

The story however is actually quite impressive!
I didn’t think I would have gotten that into it but to be quite honest, I really enjoyed it. I though the plot and characters were well done and I genuinely wanted to find out what will happen next as I was mowing down enemies. In comparison to the other forgettable story lines of previous entires, this one is definitely the best and really a stand alone experience. They also reintroduce key story line events through in game dialogue that helps in curing any questions in your mind about what happened in the past.

In the end, its a solid game. I wouldn’t say worth $60 but atleast worth buying at $40.

It gets a 3.5/5 from me.
by Axm
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trends

Every time I notice something, I have to wait 5-10 years before everyone goes from calling me stupid and insulting me, to saying I was right. It's hard getting used to that without killing people. However, I think that systems like the PSP Go are an example of delayed reaction. When it came out, many insecure and inane idiots bashed it, due to the love of hording physical games in rooms filled to the ceiling. While the collector in me still enjoys doing that, I also see the perks to this generation. We live in the generation of apps, and downloadable software. Yet, most consoles released, still; for monetary purposes, depend on physical games. With home consoles I expect that to a degree. The Vita, however, and other current gen handhelds, don't really do the times justice.

As old as the PSP Go is, I have one, with between 60-70 games on it along with my 2 other memory sticks, which I slide into the case that holds my system. Everything folds up, and the crisp screen with very good definition, fits right into my pocket, even when I'm wearing a suit. Yet, with all of this innovation, it was hated. Why? Because it made too much sense at the time. Now, we are in a tablet age, where everyone with a tablet, phone, or any portable device, automatically lives under the prerequisite that all media must be accessible when we want. Yet, people have Wii U, and Vita's, and as much as they complain, they persist in supporting them. With one of these consoles, you can carry only a couple of games from your library at a time with you, and run the risk of software damage just like the generation before last. It's retrogression. Yet, it won't be until 5 years from now, that they scramble to make Go versions of the current gen handhelds, realizing their worth.
by Jokatech19
Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Since I was away, a new store opened in Belfast which has a buy and sell section for games, including vintage games. Snagged these three ti keep me occupied for a while.

by Peter
Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hard Genesis Games!

There's an interesting european company (danes) that did very hard games indeed.
HG101 had a pretty good article on them a few years ago: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/zyrinx/zyrinx.htm

Apart from the difficulty the games also had interesting technical feats to them. Red Zone, which was a cult game from my childhood, having seen it in the SEGA mags, but only getting to play it much later, especially, since it had a lot of 3D effects, FMV and two portions of gameplay, since you piloted a heli but also had on-foot missions.

They went on to make the Hitman games as IO Interactive. They used to be hard, as well.
by Vyse Hazuky
Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic