Search found 656 matches

Return

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

Since it seems like Shenmue 3 will start at the beginning of the Guilin section of Shenmue 2, are you guys gonna rush through it to find out as quickly as possible what happens after the cave or will you take your time to take in all of the sights remade in modern graphics?
by south carmain
Sun May 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training

Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision

Jie - Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

Now isn't a bad time to keep the Wudes in mind. :lol:
by Kiske
Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shoes On... Shoes Off | Shenmue Realism

Guess he just thought that being in a peasant's house he wouldn't have to abide by any sort of etiquette since she can't be much more refined than a farm animal anyway. Oh Ryo you bourgeois piece of shit.
by south carmain
Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

When it comes to morality I noticed something when observing drastically different societies, the conclusion I came to is that we all have the same basis for morals what differs is how societies justify infringing them. For example I will take 3 different core morals and 3 rather drastically different societies: the 3 morals are adultery, theft and murder as for the societies I will take the Roman empire, Ancient China and early Islam.

In the case of these 3 societies that have drastically different roots we see law being created surrounding these 3 core morals, the only difference being in what case is it ok to break them. in ancient Rome women would be killed for adultery however men could generally play around because it was considered that only the woman could bring foreign blood in to the family if she got pregnant while at worst the man would simply have a second family. In Islam you could Marry multiple women and have concubines while in ancient China polygamy was a bit vague on how it was accepted by society. In the case of Murder, what qualified as murder was also greatly different, for example n Islam killing someone for insulting the prophet isn't murder, in ancient Rome human sacrifice in certain instances wasn't either and the same for China. As for theft the three generally agree that if it is a result of war then it isn't theft but lawful booty despite knowing that theft inside their own societies is inherently wrong.

Now the reason I make these comparisons is to show that although it is true that morality is subjective to a certain extent, the subjectivity only comes from justification not a natural evolution and we all share that core morality of what is right and wrong. The difference between Christianity and other world views is that it rejects any subjective justification of morality and only recognises the core morals that are naturally ingrained in to all of us.
by south carmain
Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

Anyways, the point of Carmain's argument isn't just evolutionary morality. It ties into the fact humanity has an intrinsic, universal sense of morality that we betray. Humanity knows what's moral, as we betray that sense of morality. Christianity explains the reason why.
Pretty much this, I was showing that morality itself isn't subjective and that different societies reinterpret it in regards to the vice that we also all have within us intrinsically. I don't believe that morality is an evolutionary trait because morality itself has never evolved, no matter how many generations pass within a certain moral environment a person can always learn how to reinterpret their moral instincts because those moral instincts stay the same. In the case of animals they don't have any sense of right or wrong, when a dog appears to have guilt it isn't guilt at all just an instinctive reaction that can benefit it in a certain situation. The whole basis of moral framework humans have programmed in to them is something that is exclusive to humans and in many cases counter-evolutionary as it doesn't serve our interest.
by south carmain
Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Seaman Remaster/New Game in the Works?!

"Making its long awaited return... a groundbreaking 1999 Dreamcast classic, synonymous with sailors..."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu May 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

... It literally changed my world view and made me hope for something more in nature and in this world.
... It has inspired me to want to go camping out in nature and just look at the stars some time. I've been planning on doing that once a year, actually.
That's really cool man! I've wondered if a game could inspire someone to explore real nature; to enjoy real wilderness more than fantasy wilderness.

And thanks for answering my questions so quickly ^_~

Why is it surprising I love Guilin so much? Almost all of my Shenmue related avatars are Shenhua doing something rural in Guilin and it's deliberate - I am in love with the area so much and I cannot wait to explore it in III.
I guess I assumed most gamers would see Guilin as one long boring cutscene. But, I forgot Shenmue fans are not "most gamers". On that note, I have you guys to thank for motivating Suzuki-san to make S3.
by DAP
Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III does have the advantage of having had a lot of pre-production work done prior to its current development period. I'm not sure if it's possible to quantify how much time that counts for in the overall process of bringing forth the completed game, but my impression is that it's a significant amount.
by Centrale
Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Physical Collector's Edition?

BUY MULTIPLE COPIES AT LAUNCH IF YOU WANT A SHENMUE IV. THIS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH.
by KidMarine
Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think a no-show at e3 might be cause for some concern, unless they address it in this month's update. At best, it would mean a delay is likely - at worst, they could be struggling to get things to where they need to be. It isn't easy making a masterpiece and my worry is that Shenmue 3 will not hold a candle to its predecessors. There's still a lot of work they need to do in regards to the Kickstarter rewards as well.

However, a no-show would totally be mitigated by a Shenmue I and II HD reveal. It seems imminent, the time is right, and it's the only course of action since the very beginning that makes sense. I know I can dig out my Dreamcast at any time, but the idea of playing a polished re-release on my PS4 (which I bought primarily for Shenmue 3) is exciting, and would really hype me up for the sequel. Really hoping for some footage in the May or June update (or, obviously, an e3 showing) to reassure the fans all is going well.

On a side note, I had a weird dream the other night that Shenmue 3, due to development woes, ended up being a stripped-down, first person point-and-click adventure game released just to tell the story. Eek
by Lan Di-sama
Sat May 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

My quick thoughts...

1. We have seen how the revealed Shenmue III environments reflect that of the originals.

2. Do you think YS Net will really place a plastic, cartoony model in these environments?

3. They're still in the process of refining the characters towards Shenmue I + II's more realistic, human models.

Patience is a virtue.
by ShenmueLegacy
Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic