Search found 337 matches

Return

Re: Dojo OG Makes Return

I think I remember you, did you have a Man Utd signature/avatar at some point?

I think the longest serving regular poster here is probably Sonikku, though Ziming/Hellraiser still posts too.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Meh, if you "like" a celeb or actor/actress, then it's natural to feel sad about it.

Not quite the same (in fact not even close really), but when Rolf Harris was found guilty of his crimes, I was proper gutted, 'cos I always loved seeing him on TV when I was a young'in! Jimmy Savile wasn't too surprising, since he was always weird, but Rolf always seemed like a good guy...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

Not too bad. It's weird, I started posting on here at a time of my life that now seems "awesome" so is viewed with a lot of nostalgia, but also when the "internet" and forums were kinda new and crazy and people who trolled could be highly funny because back then you may not have seen that particular stunt yet. Definitely fun times. A lot of us are quite cynical old cunts now. :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Can't help but feel more at risk of a World War 3 and being bombed to hell in Japan. We got U.S and Japanese Military base not too far from me and just the fact I live in the closest major city to China and North Korea.

Not like we couldn't shoot some of the missles out of the sky before they land but you know, thats still an act of war. That or we are doing the shooting in the first place.

Just a fear I have. Trump isn't level headed.
Looks he'd declare war over twitter at 2am in his jammies.

Surely Hilary talking about "nuclear first strikes" with the conversation aimed in Russia's direction, as well as her other antagonism towards them, was an even worse prospect? Russia doesn't really have the armed forces to go trying to conquer everything, but if someone else attacked them first, then they DO still have a pretty sizeable arsenal of nukes available, along with ways of launching them.

I think China is enjoying their economy right now and don't want to start BAD nuclear trouble with Japan. North Korea is a different story by the looks of it, but I am also of the mind that China will let him push his luck for a while, but when he does something REALLY stupid, they will move in and neuter him, rather than let the rest of the world attack and then occupy their close neighbour...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

I am re-watching Burn Notice whilst I await the next season of Person of Interest on Netflix, whether it be UK or US proxy (which is the only thing letting me watch Burn Notice right now). Have to say, even though The Mighty Bruce Campbell pretty much plays the same character whatever his role, he is fucking awesome regardless, and Burn Notice would be a much lesser show without his presence!
If only Person of Interest could have cameo'd him in somehow...
He'd have been great in "Chuck" too, although he'd almost certainly have had to have been a bad guy, so would have got his ass kicked, which is less becoming of him...

Jack Nicholson is probably the greatest example of an actor who seems like an unstoppable force of nature (who also plays quite similarly in a lot of his roles, i.e. pretty much himself a la The Brucey baby), but The Mighty Bruce Campbell, even though, as an actor, he is WAY less of a high profile than ol' Jack, manages to blow in roughly the same direction to almost as good of an effect!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, from the UK, it was purely self-serving. I'd heard enough of Hilary's WW3-ish sort of talking (which is pretty baffling for someone meant to be "liberal" TBH) to be pretty scared by it. Her boss Obama was quite keen on the whole "Let's get Russia!" thing too. Since The Donald was friends with Putin beforehand, I figured that WW3 was less likely under him. WW3 is something bad enough to affect the whole world, so obviously I wanted it to be avoided...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Yep, agreed. Amazing that the most advanced country on the planet had two such shit options to vote for! I bet the DNC are kicking themselves that they didn't choose Bernie instead, he was probably "more of the same" sort of politics, but was a lot more likeable and trustworthy than Clinton and Trump.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For some reason the above comments made me go find this;

(very NSFW, loud rude words)

phpBB [video]

3:14 is about where the main punchline starts. ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Got myself FFXV and popped it into my XB1. Installed the bloody massive disk content (think it was about 44GB) reasonably quickly. Game launches. "This game needs an update! Update size 13.35GB.". :???: :cry:

Just been told it needs another update, 7.4GB this time. :roll:

How about NO!? FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX! I want to play it NOW, so you made me make my XBox "go offline" just to play a fucking game? 7.4GB isn't pocket change, what kind of fucking "update" needs to be so massive? How about you cunts develop your games properly the first time instead, save us all the bandwidth?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor,

I think that is a surprisingly excellent show. Maggie Q is pretty good in it, though the last thing I watched with her in it was Nikita (which I also enjoyed lot), so keep expecting her to be better at fighting than she is in Designated Survivor , though to be fair she has kicked some ass and done some lockpicking already, and has been a sort of shadowy force operating a secret mission in plain sight, so not a million miles away from Nikita either...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Chris Cornell

It does suck, yeah. RIP.

It looks like depression is becoming more understood now though, since I've seen a lot less of the "FFS, he had it all, what did he have to be depressed about?" sort of comments this time...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, and RIP Roger Moore.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dec 2003, yeah you're proper OG! 8)
Did your name not have the "S" on the end before? I vaguely remember a "Fin".

I also think it's nice to see Bluecast posting again, good that you seem to be doing better now, dude! :tup:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah well I joined in about 2003 myself, so conveniently left that out! ;-)

About the whole Ryudo thing, let's just put that down and never mention those times again...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Haha I remember that!

"I DON'T!
SUCK!
I DON'T!
SUCK!".

Was a pretty catchy theme!

EDIT: HELL YEAH!
phpBB [video]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic