Search found 337 matches

Return

Re: What Nationality Are You?

Take it your voting "yes" in 2015 then :lol:

Even if I was a one of "those", I'd have hoped Salmond's Fat Lying Face would have still made me think independence was a bad idea. On a logical level, any good points to independence that I did a limited amount of research on and found positive evidence for are now wiped, 'cos of Salmond's Fat Lying Face looking smug while it tells some more lies, I'm now just convinced he wants to enter the history books as "The New King of Scotland"!
I'm reasonably politically aware of the various political "celebs" and co-fatheads that are in the news a lot, even though I tend to selectively read news online. But I still manage to see Mr. Salmond's fat head far too much, and even though I'm cynical and think "what did that actually mean?" anytime I hear a politician speak anyway, Salmond has some sort of sleaze to him that I can't quite justify, I just think he takes the piss even more than those types of people do anyway! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Still bruises on my arm from the ER giving me an IV a while back. Always takes me a while to heal. Just annoys me and so used to be stuck with needles I'd be a great Heroin addict. Actually developing small scars from all the needles taken the last couple years.

As a diabetic, when I go get a check up every six months, they take blood from the inside of my arm opposite an elbow, proper H-style with the band around my upper arm to make the vein swell so there's a better target for the needle to get into! I don't even flinch anymore, but it still isn't much fun...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

His arguments with himself in threads he made when he had made alter-egoes were fucking priceless. :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To stop the bots, a gang of Russians with guns and big leather jackets and some black men with guns and sunglasses may be needed.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha yes I admitted it at RP and people were shocked for some reason!?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember Cyberman? IIRC he made even more alter egoes than Louis, TEEPO etc., usually pretending to be someone like them or Jeff. His Jeff impressions were much better than mine, too. :(
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cyberman did have a lot of Megaman themed stuff, yeah. He was pretty cool, just made a LOT of accounts and made some dumb but hilarious comments, I never could work out if he was a bit simple or a really good troll...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

Ryudo, you didn't like being picked on by QWERTY and Peter, so how about you quit being a hypocrite right about now?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Image

'Merica.

Pretty glad I'm in the UK haha.

Replace "Black Friday" with "January sales" for us. ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

I also am not a Nirvana fan, one of the most over-rated bands ever.
Same with the Beatles, except they actually are, THE most over-rated band ever.
Bush was actually nowhere near as bad as all the medias liked to make him look.
PS1 is the greatest console ever.
The DC was actually pretty crap (apart from the graphics) and was so poorly made and designed (hardware wise), it was unbelievable.
Lots of Muslims DO have plenty reasons to be pissed off with America, the UK and a few other countries.
Slavery ended up being good for some black people. Some ended up settling and leading decent lives in decent countries (like America), instead of still being stuck in some AIDS-infested civil war hotbed of a country that still exists in Africa.
Hitler, for all his wrongdoings, is still an impressive display of a "nobody" climbing his was to a "somebody", just through his unshakable belief in what he was saying, and the way he said what he said so convincingly. He was a man with a plan. Minus the war, genocide etc side., he'd have been a great poster-child for believing in oneself being a good healthy thing.
India stand a good chance of being one of the strongest economies in the world before too soon.
Titanic (film) was shit.
I do actually like Leo DiCaprio as an actor though.
The version of Riders on the Storm that has Snoop Dogg/Lion on it (which was in NFSU2) is actually pretty decent and worked because the producers respected and largely left alone the actual The Doors content of it...
EDIT to add;
P Diddy's (or whatever he's called now) Godzilla tune, Come With Me that had Jimmy Page riffing out Kashmir ? Yeah, I prefer the Diddy version...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christ glad that whole slavery thing went away. However I am still gonna stick to my guns on it, and yeah, EVERYONE knows that Europe and especially the UK were dicks in the past, why is that even being discussed like it's some big revelation? :roll:

That post of Ryudo's made me realise another one though. EVERY decade sucks/is as good as the next, more or less. The main defining characteristic that makes one better than any other is the memories and experiences associated with them.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Skies of Arcadia HD news (GAF topic)

I didn't think the random battles were THAT bad compared to FF7 or FF8 (as in, it had more of them, but not MUCH more), which were probably the RPGs I played closest to SoA, time wise...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Skies of Arcadia HD news (GAF topic)

Deep sea research lab? That was Ultima weapon, you could draw the GF Eden from him! I do know what you're talking about now though, if you did something wrong with the steam valves, you got spammed with enemies. Omega was WAY harder than Ultima though. ;-)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

I am as well, the first two Abe games were some of my favourite PS1 games!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the higher powers of the European and communist countries are promoting control of CO2 to take down the US economy. Notice how militant environmentalists are about it? It's because they have been conditioned to act that way, and that's by design.

I thought you'd put all that stuff behind you? "Commie" countries, I assume you actually mean China? They pollute worse than the US do, so I can't see it being them starting it. A few EU countries did play their part, but TBH I think it's more some tree-hugger/greenie agenda than trying to take out the US economy. They're militant, 'cos they're the noisy minority, like anti-abortionists, gaybashers, religious extremists etc...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Epic Names in History

Pablo Escobar is an awesome name, IMO.

Brian Blessed fits the character in an appropriate way I think.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People like David Icke and Alex Jones are government agents. If the "Illuminati" didn't want these men to tell you the "truth" they would have been killed a long time ago. It's their job to give you about 5% of truth, with the rest designed to keep you in a mind set of fear.

So the conspiracy theorists are actually part of the conspiracy themselves? :-s
Have to admit, I'd not thought of it like that before, I just thought that the general ridicule these people pick up woulda been effective enough to blunt any truths they did say...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Julian Assange. He's a jumped up preening cunt hijacking his freedom of speech crusade to avoid answering awkward questions about whether he sexually abused someone in Sweden. Scared that the UK and the USA are gonna "gang up" on him and send him to the USA? Fool. If he's so "informed" he should know that both countries have a habit of not always following the rules, and that if they REALLY wanted him, they'd already have him. Fuck off to Sweden and get yourself executed for rape, you lying shit. :mad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wikileaks guy, who has been granted asylum by Ecuador, but isn't actually IN Ecuador, he's hidden inside the Ecuadorian embassy, in London. :lol: So yeah there's not much straight about this story at all. He says he's too terrified of leaving the embassy, let alone going to Sweden, "in case the Americans get him". He claims the allegations in Sweden are made up, but I think he is placing far too much importance on himself. Like I said, if the USA had wanted him so badly, they'd have had him by now. Especially when he's right under the noses of the USA's allies (the UK) who also aren't strangers to breaking the rules. I'm of the opinion he knows he's done wrong in Sweden, and is now just using every excuse and diversion in the book to avoid the long sentence he so thoroughly deserves.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whatever Names You Want To Post Because Nobody Gets "Epi

On that topic. It's unnecessary enough when celebs or "celebs" call their kids weird things, but when normal people start copying them... ](*,)

(not that the guy in the pic is a copy of anything, it was more the "parents naming responsibly" thing I noticed)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the beautiful indoors

Last two are definite favourites. Bit late now, but I will post some stuff in here tomorrow. Could be a great topic! :tup:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those of you who know me, know that I don't believe in any superstitious nonsense. But I've been having a weird thing happen to me for a long time now, and I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else.

For years, I'll wake up in the middle of the night, no matter what time I go to bed, and look at my clock, and it's always exactly 3:33 AM. Sometimes it happens more often than other times. Hasn't happened in months, almost forgot about it, but for the last week, it's been particularly intense. Every single night this week, 3:33, 3:33, 3:33...

So, what the hell? Anyone know about subconscious implantation, or dream symbols, or anything like that?

And, no, I don't have my alarm on. :mrgreen:

Probably "subconscious implantation". Happened to me a few times, after I woke up two nights on the trot at about the same time (not exact though, usually a few minutes either side of 0330), I thought it was weird, so my mind "noticed" it. After that it's happened quite a lot since. What Martian said is correct, the mind is an intricate thing.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yama himself said it would never happen.
Mittz called it as "probably a year or less, definitely no more than two" I think though, and he's generally right, always.

:-k
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

An ounce, for over Xmas and New Year. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the beautiful indoors

http://i47.tinypic.com/96iatk.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2gxfdkh.jpg

I like rooms with views...

http://i50.tinypic.com/a5e2as.jpg

Awesome kitchen!

http://i46.tinypic.com/ous7k3.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2tf84.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/a59ilc.jpg
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alex Ferguson ranting after drawing with Swansea, then bitching about how Van Persie "could have been killed" :roll: after being hit on the head with a football. He seemed pretty OK, what with jumping up and grabbing the guy by the throat and all that.

Why won't that cunt just shut up? It makes me ashamed that that bitter wanker is also Scottish. :(
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Unbelievable. 363 days to go to Christmas, and some people already have their lights up! :mad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Image

Their commander is gonna go crazy when he finds out they got them stuck in power lines.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi

Seriously, Spokane?

How the hell has this not been talked about before? Nor the Unholy Bible posting of his?
Not that I'm into talking about cocks per se, but I have a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of this forum's history, and thought I had a grip on all the instances where members posted pics of their willies.

EDIT: Oh, welcome back btw, I did kinda wonder where you went...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy New Year folks! :D

(I got in a fight, I absolutely dominated (even though I am far from a hard man, just some younger dude being cheeky), but it is still quite a sad start to 2013) :sad:

Had some prick walking in the road while I was driving New Years Eve and when I honked he gave me the finger. We just rolled down the windows and my friend slapped him.

See, I'm not even "that" type of drunk. I'm usually laid back, even though I only drink spirits...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy New Year folks! :D

(I got in a fight, I absolutely dominated (even though I am far from a hard man, just some younger dude being cheeky), but it is still quite a sad start to 2013) :sad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddworld

Yep, Italian plumber, we all know which side they batted for in WW2. (plus you can find bottles of wine adorned with Swastikas in some supermarkets there! :shock:)
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gaming thought of the day: ive still got jet set radio future for the xbox (playable on the 360) which i have not completed yet. i really need to finish it!

I can't even play mine. (My JSR disc is the dual pack disc included with later generation Xbox consoles) Ironic that the backwards compatibility software on my 360 works with both of the games on the disc in their own individual separate releases, but not together on the hybrid console pack in. :sad:

They may have patched that by now. When JSR HD was being talked about round here, I found that disk with Sega GT also on it, popped it in, selected JSRF and it worked right away. It was on a black 360, if that makes any difference...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Competitors - Valve & nVidia Making Consoles

That nVidia thing really is horrific, isn't it?

I'm not a fan of regular Steam even as a program, even though it is a decent portal for buying digital content, so have zero interest in the Steambox console.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Goes great with your sig! :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Will 2013 be the year of the microconsole?
- interesting article

That was pretty interesting, and made me learn more about the Ouya. I am kinda interested in it now. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Good call, Ryudo and Spokane. Beck also, he outstrips all of us in "forum veteran" rank I think?
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Physical controls is exactly what makes the difference for me. Being "sort of" a console, and without the obstacle of a touchscreen being in the input, I think cool things could be possible. IF Android is up to the job of running apps on that sort of scale/speed. But hopefully they wouldn't release it if it wasn't up to the job?
I don't see it as a competitor to "proper" consoles, if I did, I'd probably have no interest since I'd probably think it was doomed straight away. I see it as how that article described it, one for the geeks, built by and programmed by the geeks, selling into an open app market place (though hopefully not TOO open that just any shite can end up there) to other geeks. Outside of the comparative iron fists of Sony, MS and Nintendo in the hardware hierarchy, I'm interested to see how such a world could develop.
It could just bomb and suck, though.
Good point on the Steambox "no hassle", I forgot that it is now a such a plug and play and want it now society that this thing even at a high price will make a lot of sense to an awful lot of people.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the explanation, guys. :)

Since we're talking Sonic;
Am I the only one that actually really liked, appreciated and fully enjoyed Sonic Adventure on the DC? Sometimes it gets a lotta stick pretty much universally...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

I deserved more votes, you fucking saps! :mad:

Guess I do need to post more...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Double that at least if you really do want to do everything. I'd done the stuff I wanted and got kinda bored so explored less and got on with the "big" storylines, but there are gonna be missions that remain uncompleted, like Umbacanno's Ayleid statues, I just can not be arsed to loot every dungeon to go find them all, especially since the financial reward which was nice at the start of the game is now totally pointless as I now have so much gold, I literally just leave very expensive pieces of enemy loot just sitting there. There are also loads of locations like caves, villages, forts, Ayleid ruins etc. that I've never even been near. So yeah, to do "everything" would be an incredibly impressive feat, which would take a huge amount of time to complete. I reckon I could do so, and if I had no other games I would, but as it stands, life is just too short! :lol:

Mitts, it was gonna go in order: FC3, 'cos my gamer mate at work is into it just now, and is a great guy to shoot the shit with about games. Then HR, 'cos I played the very first way back in about 2000 and loved it, and HR got great things said about it by fans of the original, unlike Invisible War. The synopsis of the story makes it sound like it'll have the gritty atmosphere and geo-political big-conspiracy-that-you-are-part-of feel of the first one too. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spellcheckers/autocorrect should still work in memes, I've decided.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spokane wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think this year has made me realize that the dojo awards are lame as fuck.

The lamest comment in the whole thread. Even more than my and Mitts bickering.

Nah you two were funny during that! :lol:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic