Search found 811 matches

Return

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Surprised no-one else is thinking it's about damn time Kojima does something other than Metal Gear. I've long since been bored of it all..
We've been saying that for years now, but what we have in mind is something entirely new... not jumping into remakes of his old games or making Silent Hills (of all fucking things, he's probably the last guy for that one, lol).
Snatcher and Policenauts for me outweigh every Metal Gear bar MGS on PS1.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

^ Why I didn't say at first but pete made it public so at that point the cat was out of the bag. I don't know if Henry wanted the subject publicly posted either and was not about to ask either.

What are you talking about? Unless he deleted a post, Peter didn't say anything. You did.

Best wishes Henry, take care of yourself.
by Mitsuzuki
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's to Henry. I hope you find your happiness again. In a way , I know what it's like when your best friend kills themselves. I know that you are currently probably feeling very guilty, that you could've done something, etc. It probably happened without much warning, and you've been going back through the past while in your mind trying to identify the warning signs.

Life goes on for those who want to live it. I hope to see you on the boards again one day, but the main thing is that you don't lose yourself. It wasn't your fault.

I once contemplated suicide. Hell, even now life is and always will be tough with exceptionally little in the way of reprieves. But when my world came crashing down all around me and I had no choice but to stop being in denial over feeling like a woman on the inside, that brought me to a dark place I was not prepared to deal with or preserver through one little bit. Even after being in denial, feeling trapped, like in a prison with no hope for parole or escape very nearly pushed me over the edge. A lot of people think taking your own life is cowardly. It practically means nothing to say you're thinking about it. I hear people say things like that all the time. Ironically I never told anyone, until now, and probably came a lot closer than those that did. Personally, I think it takes an awful lot of nerve to suppress that natural instinct of self preservation and go through with finally pulling the trigger than most would imagine. Ultimately though it's because of cases like this, when everyone you touched in your life loses it in their own downward spiral in the face of your demise that I think I could not see it through.

Indeed, it's those who never even threaten to kill themselves that suddenly do so. Most threats of self-harm are just cries for help.
by Martin
Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why not, we all care about him
by wude
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was at a friends funeral yesterday, and only got on the PSN today to see Henry had replied to my messages. He confirmed that he is gone. He is in a very bad place right now, and wont be back anytime soon, or ever really unless Shenmue 3 is announced. Also mentioned that the Dojo isnt the best place right now, and i said i agreed with him on that. Just told him to take care, and if he ever needed anything at all, to just let me know and i will do whatever necessary just to help. Even listen. I will keep him in my prayers tonight. :cry:
by Peter
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fucking hell man. I've never had someone that close to me do it, but it's happened with a few of my mates over the years. I hope he can get through it alright.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I been close to doing it but always seemed to get help. I never had a friend do it either. :???:

I prayed for Henry last night.
by Bluecast
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:sad: I will be 30 in 3 months.
Sadly I've already passed that border some years ago :P

As for Henry, that's tough. Some classmate of me did this (my brother actually found him...) and some others living nearby but it looks like it's someone very close to him which is harsh. Even with the people that I kind of knew it always felt strange in a way. Almost like disappointment added on top of everything.
by ys
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I once contemplated suicide. Hell, even now life is and always will be tough with exceptionally little in the way of reprieves. But when my world came crashing down all around me and I had no choice but to stop being in denial over feeling like a woman on the inside, that brought me to a dark place I was not prepared to deal with or preserver through one little bit. Even after being in denial, feeling trapped, like in a prison with no hope for parole or escape very nearly pushed me over the edge. A lot of people think taking your own life is cowardly. It practically means nothing to say you're thinking about it. I hear people say things like that all the time. Ironically I never told anyone, until now, and probably came a lot closer than those that did. Personally, I think it takes an awful lot of nerve to suppress that natural instinct of self preservation and go through with finally pulling the trigger than most would imagine. Ultimately though it's because of cases like this, when everyone you touched in your life loses it in their own downward spiral in the face of your demise that I think I could not see it through.
by Sonikku
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good heavens, Sonikku! I'm awfully glad you didn't do it, as I don't think I could possibly face the prospect of a dojo without your feminine energy, and level headedness (indeed, there's very, very little of that around here). But please, keep living for the sake of your own marvellous-ness!

My heart really, really goes out to Henry. Though I have to say, I feel somewhat uneasy about discussing (or even reading) about such very personal and tragic matters on a public forum. Especially as I'm not even sure that Henry wanted me to know about this.
by mue 26
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most wanted 2013 game.

Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising, Nino Kuni, Castlevania LOS2, Castlevania Mirror of fate, tales of Xillia, fire emblem awakenings, rayman legends, kens rage 2

...i'm quite excited for next year
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6VMkTV2-A[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Rising
Tomb Raider
Beyond: Two Souls
GTAV
Pikmin 3
South Park RPG

My most wanted though is Last Of Us.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dark Souls

Been playing a few hours. Went in completely blind, since you guys were talking about how well the game handles that kind of thing (and it really does; didn't know anything at first, but learning everything for myself feels pretty good). Then, after sort of getting a general handle on things (it does take a while), I started a new game again.
I'm absolutely loving it. It really is addicting. I've only ever played a little bit of King's Field and Shadow Tower on PS1, but I'm really getting that vibe from Dark Souls so far. Despite my relatively limited exposure to those older games, I'm still getting a nostalgia jolt from it.
One thing people rarely say in plain words about it is that this may as well be classified as survival horror. Seriously, it feels scarier than most expressly "horror" games I've ever played. It really gets the heart pounding. And it's not just a matter of intensity; it really does give you an unsettling feeling when you start exploring new areas, never knowing what's around the next corner.
And the funny thing is, it's practically required that you die. And keep dying. A lot.
It's a survival horror game where you have to stop surviving so you can learn how to survive. :lol:

And it might just be me, but I'm also getting a bit of an Echo Night Beyond vibe from it as well, pretty much just when it comes to character interaction. It never feels like NPC's are talking to you; it has this really odd quality that almost feels like they're talking to themselves . Hard to explain why that is, but I got that from Echo Night, and I'm getting it here too.
by OL
Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually I did it instinctively. Thats how I killed the Dragon in the first game. and I noticed there was a reticule on his tail as well as his main body (which the drake in the first game didn't have, but then again in the first game, the easiest way to kill him is to stand in one spot and shoot tons of arrows, about 230-240, every time he reaches the top of his climb while flying around.) A lot of situations are pretty similar like the fight with the gargoyles in dark souls is basically the same fight as the one with the chimera between the two towers in demons souls.

But yea, I went into Dark Souls completely blind, I didn't do that with Demons Souls tho, I got the SE that came with the guide. Most of the tricks I use to make Dark souls easier was stuff I learned playing Demons souls and Kings Field.

its kinda funny, people just kind of assume that the only way to find cheats/easter eggs these days is the internet, but sometimes you just stumble across stuff, or you try something you learned in an old game. Like everytime I get a new fighting game I always test to see if my old bread and butters still work.

I mean yea its not like "HEY LOOK ITSA SWOOOOORD!" but nothing in the game ever does quite do that. I meant more if you knew what to look for you'd be able to find it pretty easily, like seeing that first rat on your way through the mountain. If you don't know what he drops you might not realize he's a goldmine. (i kill just about everything 5-10 times to see if it drops anything good)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bioshock Infinite

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr7gVTPbMSk[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ I went for Smough first cause I felt I could handle him better. I'm a Pyromancer you see, and levelled up my pyromancy flame quite a lot so it took quite a lot of health to just cast fireballs anytime he did his butt stomp attack. Also I had Quelaag's Furysword at that point and it deals extra fire damage which I think Smough is susceptible to. Make sure whatever shield you are using blocks physical attacks completely. It was only going through Anor Londo that I caught on about the importance of using the appropriate gear wherever you are in Dark Souls. Having said that I don't think it does a lot of help in this. Stick with it though, it's notoriously the hardest battle of the game, when you get past it you get a brilliant reward for it too.
by Tuffty
Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Capcom asks fans what digital titles they want

When did they start caring about what fans want?
by Samanosuke Akechi
Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I got this for Christmas from my fiance. I had told her on the phone one day that I was about to order something on ebay, and she asked what it was. When I told her, she said "DON'T BUY IT!" in a scary demon voice, and I ended up finding this on my doorstep a few days later. :lol:
It was the last game I needed to complete my Time Crisis collection (I've been trying to get every one in their big box "plus Guncon" releases), and this one was actually completely new in its original wrapper. Feels good opening a new PS1 game after all these years.
Whatta gal.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/288ppc1.jpg

I also got the Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition, Dishonored, and Sniper Elite V2 for Christmas from the folks. Nice little haul this year. :D
by OL
Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just beat it last night.
Gwyn was intimidating as hell the first few tries, but then I started using the same tactic I did against electric-Smough: using the environment to impede his movement. I got by the little grouping of rocks near the entrance and just started strafing around it, keeping them between me and Gwyn. Some of his hits would connect with my shield, but most would miss since he presses himself up against the rocks so hard. Then, when he inevitably tries his grab me at some point (the only time he ever really slows down) I'd lay a single good smack on him with my weapon (a fully-upgraded Dragon Tooth, so it takes some pretty good health out of him). Rinse and repeat.
Seemed almost impossible for me to beat without that tactic. Looked up strategies on gamefaqs after I beat him, and no one seemed to mention the same thing. As accomplished as I felt after beating him to begin with, the fact that I used a strategy that no one else was mentioning made me feel even more accomplished. :D
I do have to say though, the ending was pretty disappointing. I was expecting at least a little more. A flythrough of Lordran to show what happens to it afterward would have been nice. Something like that. But no, it just... ends.
Still pretty excited to play Demon's Souls though. And to see what comes of Dark Souls 2.
This game really took me by surprise. I didn't expect to love it so much. And even further, it actually invigorated an interest in medieval fantasy for me. Previously I was never really all that interested in the standard dragons, swords, & sorcery stuff. Nothing against it, I just never felt very compelled by it. Dark Souls pretty much single-handedly changed that.
by OL
Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

The Sea Will Claim Everything (2012)
http://i.imgur.com/fc1Ts.jpg
This is an adventure game where you travel in a fixed perspective from screen to screen. Right at the start you're made aware that you, the character, aren't part of this world (the Land of Dreams) but instead get to see it through a screen. Therefore, the player-character doesn't have a personality, as you never ask questions directly, but choose answers from a list of topics as you talk to the dozens upon dozens of characters. The art-style, like in Kiratzkes earlier works is all hand-made drawings. It may not be to everyone's liking, but the sheer oddity and distinctiveness of it all, the bold use of colours you seldom get to see in games, make it a really original experience.
As for the gameplay, one can say it revolves almost, if not entirely around fetchquests. Of course you still have to think where you might find, or whom you might ask for certain items, and some of them will take a bit of time and skill to decipher. Later on there's also potion-crafting. The game is never hard as even though you rack up a really big number of things to do, they're all noted down on your journal so you don't forget it.
The big thing about the game though, is the sheer quantity of text you can go through, as every character (and there are really dozens of them) has a lot to say, painting you a very vivid picture of the world you're looking at. While talking to so many, and visiting so many places (later on you get a boat and get to go to various islands, all of them unique), the one trouble is sometimes remembering the names of the characters or what they wanted, but that ends up being a smaller detail.
The writing per se, is also surprisingly good, considering this is an indie game with a very short staff. In the hundreds of pages of text the game probably has I did not note any sort of grammatical mistake or miswording. Furthermore the game is peppered with little nods to literature, current events and (of course) Monty Python, but all in the subtlest of manners.
Finally, the music combines greatly with the settings. Even though it's basically the same in every area, it never feels grating (because there are a lot of different areas, and because hearing a new song is a big part of the feeling of discovery when you reach a new area).
The story is revealed gradually but its merits lie in the fact that, while the environment and characters are so otherwordly, the story isn't. In fact, it's the most current story I've read this year, and ends with a very positive message, which games seldom do.
It's also a very decent length for an independent adventure, and one who's going for $5 at that...
A demo is avaiable here: http://landsofdream.net/games/the-sea-will-claim-everything/demo/

The Shivah (2006)
http://i.imgur.com/L0t3w.gif
I had got this game ages ago, but troubleshooting games from Adventure Game Studio is always a pain, so I only sat to beat it now.
The main draw of the game, of course, is that you play a rabbi, Rabbi Stone, who somehow sees himself in the middle of a murdercase.
The gameplay is classic Lucas Arts style, although there's no interaction with objects. You mainly conduct your investigations through questioning (and there are a couple of instances that can cause you to get a "game over"), which almost always includes a "rabbinical response". spoiler: Later on, in good old fashioned Monkey Island/Full Throttle style, there's even a bout of fisticuffs for the sharp tongues.
The puzzles themselves are often done through logging in a computer and searching for what you need (being that you need to figure out specific passwords, etc). The game boasts very few locations and characters so you can get stuck if suddenly you can't ask anything new or can't figure out what you need to do. On the other hand the game is very short, and can be finished in an hour (and much less with a walkthrough).
The soundtrack is quite good, with jazzy and jewish songs (israeli noir would probably be the apt description), but the voiceacting is the worst part. Thankfully the Rabbi himself, whom you'll hear the most, is the best one.
All in all, a very decent Lucas Arts-style game, with an interesting premise that emcompasses all the rabbinical honour code in its story. Being so short, the story ends up a little disappointing, but it presents some very interesting and certainly unique issues.
A demo is avaiable here: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/the-shivah.html

A Grain of Truth (2012)
http://i.imgur.com/OGwLa.jpg
For a free browser game, this one reeks professionalism. Being the labour of two brothers, it really feels at home with the so called "modern adventure game" crowd. It presents a very dreamlike world, in a japanese style, dealing with floating stones, cloud gatherers and the like. Its puzzles mainly concern finding specific items hidden away, which would be a bit of bore were it not for a button that displays, for about 2 seconds, all the "clickable" spots.
Sadly, while the world is beautiful and soothing, there's something amiss. The characters you interact with are mainly dull and unremarkable. The puzzles, too classic and unoriginal. Its main original gameplay comes from the ability to learn words so you can use them later in a "fill-the-blanks" conversation. Problem is if you miss one you have to search frantically for what you're missing, all over the world.
The story in itself isn't anything to write home about, although midly enjoyable. The cast of characters is very small and just don't reveal enough of themselves for it to be worthwhile.
Overall, while the production values and graphical and stylistic detail is incredible for a free game, what lies beneath is a very undistinguished game. Still, it's free.
http://www.zamolski.com/agot/

Proteus (2012)
http://i.imgur.com/11xaE.jpg
Less of a game than an experience, Proteus is a delight to indulge in.
Without further explanation, you open your eyes in the middle of the ocean, with an island barely visible in the distance. Without nothing else around, you decide to reach for its shores. And thus, slowly but surely, silence grows into music. Thus you realise that as you explore this island your auditory senses get assaulted with little rhythms and musical lines - a veritable light synthesizer. While just going around a very decent-sized island as you hear the different voicings that come from rocks, trees or castles would be good enough, you start to realise the sun is setting, and in the night things change. You see fireflies, then perhaps some clouds will gather and rain will trickle down. And in the morning, rabbits (or frogs?) will hop around for you to follow, and you've been there for half an hour, creating a symphony, just by walking and exploring.
The only action you can take is actually sitting down and enjoying the world around you and, when you've had enough, you just close your eyes back again. It's a wonderful experience, and a wonderful musical toy.
http://www.visitproteus.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFAiGF73_U
by Vyse Hazuky
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Holy mother of fucking fucks, I finally beat the Expert Pool AI at Eight-ball in Yakuza 3, only took about 4-5 hours worth of just playing the one game to do. About 100 games probably. So Pool is done and its considered one of the hardest things to do in the game. And I got all the Darts done, another hard thing to do. Bowling is easy so its been done awhile. Still have mofo'ing golf left and the rest but I'm happy to have pool and darts out of the way now.
by Spokane
Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I'd been thinking about the Witcher before. One that I always figured I'd get to eventually, but I'm still not sure if I'm exacty in the mood for it yet.
And yeah, Baroque looks ace. Almost strikes me as if Shin Megami Tensei were a dungeon crawler. Definitely interested in that at some point.
And I'd actually been eyeing Zill O'll kind of recently. I think there's a demo on PSN, right? May have to try that out.

Thinking harder on it now though, I think one of the things I'm also looking for is that similar sense of "quiet" that the Souls games offer. It's kind of a hard sensation to nail down in simple terms. It kind of entails a lot of vagueness to the narrative. Not so much that you don't know what's going on, but enough that things aren't being forced in your face. It also seems to require a slight sense of loneliness as well, but not so much that it feels like Silent Hill or anything.
Probably kind of an odd thing to be looking for in a game, but I have found that From Software are practically experts at it. Almost any other game I've played by them has that similar vibe; the Echo Night games have it, the Otogi games have it, Kuon has it, and most of the Armored Core games have it (despite being more sci-fi than supernatural). I mentioned Vagrant Story before because I feel that it sort of has it as well, despite being a bit more direct than From's games generally are.
I might just indulge in more of From's previous works in light of all that. Looks like Shadow Tower and Eternal Right are available at my local game store, so I may snatch those up.

And staying on-topic, Demon's Souls definitely feels more difficult than Dark Souls now. I just came up against a few enemies that broke my shield in only a few hits. Never had that happen in Dark Souls. Equipment seems to be a bit more brittle in this one, so it's just one more thing to be worried about the whole time. :lol:
by OL
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Do I Do?

"It wasn't cheap the first time either, but since you lost all that money you can't afford to replace it yourself dear. It's OK, I didn't need that vacation anyway, there's always next year. You deserve to have the wallet after what you've been through."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What Do I Do?

For Christmas my nan got me a wallet and to be honest I really didn't like it. I couldn't go back to using my old one or I would seem like a dick. So coming home from work one day I decided to pretend that I had got mugged. I said the muggers let me keep my cards and license so the only thing they took was some cash and the wallet itself as I didn't want the hassle of having to get a new drivers license.

The problem is that now my family want me to call the police. Should I just say I don't want to bother them or lie to the police as well?
by Riku Rose
Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even though this is absolutely horrible thing to do, had the thought ever come to your mind to say you just lost it? I mean play your storyline in your head:

Mugger: Give me your wallet!
Riku: No my nana gave it to me for xmas.
Mugger: Give it to me now!!!
Riku: How about we compromise on this?
Mugger: Ok let's sit down and have a discussion about our confrontation.
Riku: Ok, truth be told I really don't like this wallet that much. How about I give you the wallet and the money in it, but I will remove my credit cards and drivers license because you know how much of a pain it is to have to cancel them and even worse have to apply for a new driver's license.
Mugger: Oh I so agree, it is such a hassle to wait in line to get a new one. i certaintly wouldn't want that to happen to you sir.
Riku: Ok, so we agree, you get the wallet and the money and I keep the remaining items?
Mugger: Sounds like a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Riku: Ok then let me get this stuff out of there....oh darnnit, it's so hard to get the license out of this pouch....
Mugger: Oh here, let me help you with that.
Riku: Why thank you sir, I wish there were more muggers out there like you.
Mugger: Oh stop, your making me blush! OK here you go.
Riku: Thank you, enjoy the wallet and the money!
Mugger: Oh I will sir! I'm going to drink and snort the night away on coke! We should do this again sometime.
Riku: Oh I so agree! You can find me on twitter!

And that''s your logic.
by Jeff
Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

genuinely looking forward to his nan buying him the same wallet again as a replacement
by beedle
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Riku Rose wrote:
My boss was actually mugged and they let him keep the stuff in his wallet which is what gave me the idea.

He probably just needed an excuse to ditch his wallet.
by Thief
Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just beat Demon's Souls. What a wild ride that was. The King Alant fight at the end of the Boletarian Palace stage was the bitch to end all bitches. Unlike the boss of Dark Souls, it just takes place in a big, empty room, so there was nowhere that I could get behind to act as "cover". Had to get really good at dodging, and had to completely change my usual equipment load so that I'd be light enough to roll properly.
The ending to the game was much, much better than in Dark Souls though. I actually understood what was going on. Kind of an important factor. And the Old One was just surreal enough to creep me the hell out.

Having played them both, I think I like Dark Souls more, but both games had their obvious advantages.
Demon's Souls had, in my eyes, the better implementation of a story and a slightly better personality to it (which counts for a lot ). And that King Alant fight was a definite highlight for me (best one-on-one, human vs. human fight in the series so far, for my money)
Dark Souls had the better visual design and music, though, and made all the right tweaks to the areas of leveling up and equipment modifying.
Dark Souls 2 can't come out soon enough. I haven't felt this satisfied with pure RPG character development in a long time.
by OL
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

We helped Ryo to beat Miku in the All-Stars race. Now let's have him topple John Cena as the most requested Make-A-Wish personality. :king:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love both, but Dark is, in my opinion, the far superior game in nearly every respect. If you play Demon's, in the first few seconds of Dark you will notice how much nicer everything is... the menus, the character creation, the atmosphere, the open world, etc. Basically, it boils down to whether you'd prefer to be an ethereal spirit or a rotting corpse after you die. But also, Dark has absolutely fantastic creatures and world, whereas Demon's is a bit claustrophobic with fewer "Wow!" moments. Analogy: Demon's is to Dark as Shenmue is to Shenmue 2. Naturally, therefore, (since this world is the place where the good must be destroyed) the doinks making Dark Souls 2 (the original mastermind has left the building, sadly) are taking a giant leap backwards by making the game linear, thereby murdering what was most awe-inspiring about Dark Souls.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very proud of my Dark Souls character, not only statistically, but aesthetically, as I am a character creation perfectionist. Let's post pictures! I'll do so later.

Certainly, all that matters is unique beauty. Thus, I have the dark purple hair and eyes of a near-extinct race, combined, of course, with the face of a far eastern traveler... the most perfect combination!
by KiBa
Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Creepiest moments in gaming

The mansion where you meet Emil in Nier. Pretty much the whole thing at the mansion, I will never forget the hall where the paintings change after you return to it and they have evil looks on their faces when you return.
by Spokane
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Top 3 Nintendo DS games whose Japan-only status still bothers the hell out of me :

#3 .) Sakura Note

This always looked like it would appeal to me in a huge way, from the graphical style, to the small-town setting, to the obvious presence of sentimentality. It just looked like a fun, attractive, unpretentious little game with a lot of charm going for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoYAklTGRXQ

#2 .) Nanashi no Game

Atmospheric horror on the DS. The kind that doesn't just involve a bunch of blood and gore (Dementium always looked kind of... "eh" to me).
And the concept of an old, haunted videogame cartridge... how can you not love that?
Square localizes stuff like Theatrhythm, but passed this one up. Insanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFyk6Cl-gY

#1 .) Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness

The fact that this was essentially just more Front Mission 1st (which was the game that convinced me to get a DS in the first place) makes it a guaranteed buy from me. Prequel to the entire series? Awesome.
I've always had a soft spot for the original Front Mission's style of presentation. Think about it: this was a new release, made using all of the old resources from the 1994 game (or at least emulating the original game in an incredibly accurate way). We don't get that kind of thing often enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t67WX_zVko
by OL
Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favourite boxart

I like these two, how they first show the throne room in its "heyday" so to speak, in proper condition while the king still rules, while the second shows it in a ruinous state, as a knight (the player character) goes about exploring. Pretty cool representation of the games themselves.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2qmj3h4.jpg http://oi46.tinypic.com/2sb4k0p.jpg
by OL
Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

Yep. July 9,2003. Just 13 years old.

The Dojo was a big part of my teenage years. :lol:
by Spokane
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Project X Zone

http://www.destructoid.com/project-x-zone-getting-localized-coming-to-north-america-242789.phtml

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgA_K0KjpM

The game is developed by Monolith oft. It combines characters from Namco,Capcom,SEGA. Spiritual Successor to Namco X Capcom. And now we get it! For the old school Dante fans the real dante is in here.
by Bluecast
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh man, but if we get Time Travelers, EX Troopers and Bravely Default all released in US and EU too. \:D/

Absolutely. The demo for EX Troopers was great on PS3.
But I'm even more excited over Time Travelers. That one looked like it'd have a really great story. And the cinematic presentation of it is fantastic. I was so sure we wouldn't be getting it, but it'd be great to be wrong.
by OL
Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Believe it or not Time Travelers has the best shot of being localized of the three.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

X (New Monolith Soft Title)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nowUbao1Pc[/youtube]
by Riku Rose
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 3DS could be an RPG paradise. DQ7, DQ:Terry's Wonderland and Bravely Default joining SMT4, Soul Hackers, Overclocked, Project X Zone, Unchained Blades, Crimson shroud, Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem, Mystery dungeon, Etrian odyssey 4, Monster Hunter 3 and 4, Kingdom hearts 3d, and pokemon x/y
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1jvpfOdPM[/youtube]
by south carmain
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic