Search found 34 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting Upgrade + Happy Holidays!

Also this time I'm in, to donate the Dojo!

We have to keep Shenmue alive!

Those who donate in excess of $50 will receive something special on our end

I'm to curious about it ;)
by rdk_nl
Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Database/overview Shenmue related items/magazine available?

We all know the section of Shenmue related items / collections here on the forums.

But is there a overview / database available with all Shenmue related items Available?

For Example:
Games TM, Year 2010, Issue 12, Ryo Hazuki in the spotlights

Sometimes, there are great issues about Shenmue, but sometimes, they doesn't arrive at the Dojo community.

It should be great when someone can make some database, maybe included with demo discs like the dreamon wat number, what year), and maybe other magazine related items.
by rdk_nl
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Saw this news Yesterday, booked my flight immediately!

What shirt to wear ;)
by rdk_nl
Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

Planned a trip to MAGS. On their website I saw the following news:

http://www.mags-monaco.com/index/news/idNews/31/title/Grand+concours+ouvert+%C3%A0+tous+%21+Des+Prix+fabuleux+%C3%A0+la+cl%C3%A9+%21

translate.google.com :
Greater competition open to all! Awards fabulous key!
return
Shibuya International will close the festivities associated with its 10th anniversary in grand finale at the Monaco Anime Game Show.

On this occasion, an exceptional competition is organized to Tuesday, February 19 at 20h

To participate, you must

1) "liker" Facebook page (FB) of the event if it is not already ^ ^: https://www.facebook.com/mags.monaco

2) Bring as many people on the same page they have FB "liker" also

3) They must post the name or nickname of their sponsor on the comments section of the YouTube page available on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHT2LPHhrOs

Note: The same name or alias must be present on the FB page MAGS

A draw will then be made ​​among the sponsors who have brought a minimum of 30 people on the FB page MAGS

Complicated? Maybe ... but it's worth the effort because our single winner will receive:

• 2 Tickets to the private dinner Shibuya International 10th anniversary in a luxury hotel Monaco in the presence of Go Nagai, Michel Ocelot, Yu Suzuki, Yoshitaka Amano and Akino Arai on March 2
• 2 VIP Place for Anime Game Show Monaco including lots of our partners
• The signing of four guests of honor

Shibuya International reserves the right to refuse anyone who does not agree it seems (by behavior) with the image and values ​​of society.

This informal competition can be stopped at any time in case of irregularities.

Is it possible for us (Shenmue Scene) to get Shendream/David from Shenmue Master to this dinner, by participating this competition?

I'm sure this is possible as a community! Let's hear our voices!
by rdk_nl
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to win a Private Dinner where Yu Suzuki is Present!

Competition Ended, now we have to wait patiently!

Wanna say thanks to:
⋅ 1. Durimanful
⋅ 2. Stacey Wardle
⋅ 3. kenzeus
⋅ 4. XR3NX
⋅ 5.Shoqolatee Pearl
⋅ 6.Tlacaelel Mendez Reyes
⋅ 7. Scott Gunner
⋅ 8. SelfActualized174
⋅ 9.MisanthropicStoner
⋅ 10. dapeoplesperson
⋅ 11. Fandango Feinstein
⋅ 12. deewon4
⋅ 13. alphaphoenix55
⋅ 14. Pender8874
⋅ 15. theirishcowboy
⋅ 16. Giorgio Sotiro
⋅ 17. barrysbaps01
⋅ 18. secsiboi
⋅ 19. jordi lopez
⋅ 20. Marcin G
⋅ 21. Alexander Munoz
⋅ 22. TheDemicon
⋅ 23. heady2009
⋅ 24. YingYanYuck
⋅ 25. TeamYuNeedsYou
⋅ 26. Ziming
⋅ 27. Mike c
⋅ 28. KT Fluty
⋅ 29. GBR gamebytesradio
⋅ 30. Joris Schalk
by rdk_nl
Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the moment I'm in Monaco, actually a place nearby.

I Was the 5th person to get my items signed.

Yu was extremely friendly. His eyes where twinkling when he saw my huge Shenmue box ;)
When I'm right, there was no "Yu talk" today. Only tomorrow (sunday) 1600 local time.

Unfortunatelly I have a crappy internetcommection. No uploads, sorry. Pictures later!

"Monaco Television asked me for an interview"

Lady: "So, you came especially from The Netherlands to see the Monaco Anime and Games Show"
Me: "No, for Yu Suzuki, and let him sign my stuff"
Lady: "Why is he so important"
Me: "Because he made Shenmue"

Hope it will be broadcasted soon, and maybe we get some new Shenmue lovers ;)
by rdk_nl
Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At Nice Airport at the moment.
My native French translater (during the conference) was talking about Kickstarter as last resort.

But I was a bit Deduced about the girl next to him.

Pfff...

Great weekend! Do have video. But I'm sure there are other people who are faster than me and have better quality.
by rdk_nl
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Upload is starting.

I'm save at home By The Way (What a trip)

Have 3 parts of the conference:

Part 1 (20 minutes)
Part 2 (20 minutes) Most interesting
--> Missing part because My Nikon J1 was shutting down because of overheating (think because of the girl next to Yu)
Part 3 (last part)

Upload part 2 as first (don't know it become ready today, because I cannot verify the upload)
by rdk_nl
Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2nd part of my videos, the most interesting I believe:

http://youtu.be/8zbEmRLrhJE
by rdk_nl
Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Part 1 within an hour ready at:

http://youtu.be/mYnbHkTrb5s

I'm sorry but there is a GAP:

Local time:
Part 1:
16:17H -- duration 20 minutes
Part 2:
16:37H -- duration 17 minutes
Gap
16:54H -- gap because of a overheated Nikon J1 7 minutes
Part 3:
17:01H -- duration 8 minutes
by rdk_nl
Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunatelly my interview about my visit to MAGS from The Netherlands especially for Yu Suzuki, wasn't used for Monaco Channel's Broadcast.

But luckily Yu Suzuki is showed during his autograph session:

http://www.monacochannel.mc/Chaines/Monaco-Info-Les-Reportages/Videos/L-univers-des-Mangas-a-l-honneur-en-Principaute
by rdk_nl
Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you have a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Suzuki#Games_Developed

I DON'T see the chart that he showed at the MAGS by himself (on the beamer screen). I'm sure there are other (French) people who have this footage available (just some patience, I'm sure it will be online some time).

I saw some games I wasn't known with. 3 Mobage Town Titles (one of them Shenmue Gai of course).
Maybe I'm wrong (or not), or maybe I wasn't aware of some of Yu's works (at the moment).

It's good to show Yu our support. The main reason I went to Monaco was to shake his hand, and get an autograph by myself on some Shenmue stuff. But another main reason was showing him my support (only to be there in person).
When Yu went to Monaco, no people interested for his autograph, no one interested in his talk, he really give us "the finger" and we will never see Shenmue.

I'm also a bit afraid about it's age. Shenmue 3 without Suzuki, I don't know where that will ending.

Edit: Maybe user: Belgiumfan does have the beamer screens on his Photocam.
by rdk_nl
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow your pictures are "big value" for me! I was sitting next to you, but wasn't aware you took this incredible serie of pictures!

I was concentrated on Yu (and the lady next to him :heart: ) So I totaly missed the Beamer Screen.

We where I nice team! It was great to meet you there nice friend!
by rdk_nl
Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another "Conference" upload!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS2VHarbq0[/youtube]
by rdk_nl
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

YS: Bringing the sequel to reality isn’t something that was just started recently. Even more than 10 years since Shenmue 2, there are still many passionate fans and whenever I attend events or autograph sessions overseas I’m always asked about when Shenmue 3 will be coming. For example, at my autograph sessions in France, 80% of the fans are Shenmue fans.

One of the reasons I traveled all way to Monaco, to let Yu Suzuki know we where still supporting him! It was great to receive so much support from "the dojo" and other English Shenmue Communities.

Monaco was extremely French-related. Most simple English questions couldn't be answered because of French <--> Japanese translators on the exhibition floor. With my presence, I was able to inform the English communities with live report.

2016, I'm definitely there again!
by rdk_nl
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Trademark Information

Himuro wrote: You say money talks louder than words yet Sega has not said even a word of congratulations to Yu about Shenmue III's KS campaign.

Of course SEGA did congratulate Yu, but not in public 8)
by rdk_nl
Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Will be @ MAGIC 2016

Just like MAGS 2013, I will do some live report in English Language.

Follow me on twitter through @rkeijz

So much has changed since my presence in 2013; to show Yu our support as community.
by rdk_nl
Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snakiest wrote: We need to have somebody on Yu's team who would leak recent information.

No we won't :P

shengoro86 wrote: I won't be able to make it sadly due to work or else I'd be there in a heartbeat.

In my thoughts you're going with me!
by rdk_nl
Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, the "surprise" next to Astroboy and Shenmue III is likely to be an animation.

May it be the "Samurai lone wolf (and cub)" anime Yu did retweet the kickstarter page yesterday ? Run by the mighty Awesome Japan... :-k

That's the other news. Awesome Japan is planning to buy YSnet very soon. Stay tuned ;-)

haha, You dragged the family to see Yu Suzuki too? Awesome! :mrgreen:

If I'm not wrong, the "Family Guy" in the picture is Shenmue Dojo user "rdk_nl" :mrgreen:

Yes, correct; I'm the "Family Guy".

Arrived today from AMS to NCE. Stay in Beaulieu-sur-Mer; a nice little town, only some minutes by public transport to Monaco.

Was present at 2013 MAGS (Monaco Anime Game Show) alone.
Went back in 2014 with my own Family and Parents, unfortunately no show that year.
2015 Magic-IP was planned, but I had to cancel because of chickenpox within the family.
2016 Was planned immediately after the 2015 cancelation, but I never thought SIII release was upcoming.

Glad to be here for the 2nd time during Mags/Magic Show.
by rdk_nl
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I got a lot of support on my way to Monaco through reactions on this Twitter Image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcHfFfGW0AAST6P.jpg:large

It's not easy to have a trip from the Netherlands to Monaco by plane with a young family at 3:30AM on Friday 26th.

My most valuable moment of MAGIC was during the signing session; My eldest daughter was showing the Ryo Statue to Yu Suzuki (before she had a bad feeling about drawing with a permanent marker on her statue :P )
Yu pushed his Golden iPhone 6Plus to our side of the table and asked to make picture with him and the kids.

The interpreter took some pictures; 1,5hours later we discovered this tweet from Yu himself:

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/703595764409245697

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcOsmedVIAAe9ii.jpg:large

Thankful for the support I got from my beloved wife :heart:
by rdk_nl
Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- 600 people were present at the conference in the 800-place Salle Prince Pierre.

I think there where 60 people present at the SIII conference at 9:25AM.
Think the complete list of visitors was 600 (total of the day)

Picture during the SIII Conference (9:44AM):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcNW3tlUkAEPS0j.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/rkeijz/status/703501821424373760
by rdk_nl
Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have loads of pictures and information about my experience last weekend; would like to write it down or make a video summary like Shenman did.

But sooooo little time :(

I have an excellent memory, detailed. Everything I have (digital and physical) is archived very well.
Someone have ideas; please let me know!
by rdk_nl
Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 59 (I Guess, Haven't got the email ye

FlagshipFighter wrote:And oh my those staff look like they've been burning the midnight oil and just woken up still in their PJ's

At 1:18~1:20 you will find two purple self inflating sleeping pads :P
by rdk_nl
Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2016

Hazuki00 wrote: Is this week when Tokio's dinner with Yu is helding? Could it be possible they release a bit of info of the progress?

Yes it is:

https://twitter.com/ShenmueGuru/status/ ... 9996661760
by rdk_nl
Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[MAGIC Monaco 2017] Yu Suzuki not present?

Nous vous rappelons que le MAGIC 2017 aura lieu dans exactement un mois, c'est à dire le 18 février 2017.
De nombreux invités prestigieux seront présents tels que Hidéo Kojima, Michel Ancel ou bien encore Tetsuya Nomura etc. Des séances de dédicaces sont également prévues :)
À priori Yū Suzuki ne sera pas présent car probablement trop occupé sur le développement du jeu. Il est cependant possible qu'un ou des trailers de Shenmue III nous soient montrés lors de l'événement, nous vous confirmerons tout ceci dès que possible.
Vous pouvez vous inscrire en cliquant sur l'image ci-dessous:

Facebook Translate:
We remind you that the magic 2017 will take place in exactly one month, that is to say on 18 February 2017.
Many prestigious guests will be present such as hideo kojima, Michel Ancel or tetsuya nomura etc. Book signings are also provided for :)
A Priori Yu Suzuki will not be present because probably too busy on the development of the game. However, it is possible that one or trailers of Shenmue III we are shown during the event, we will confirm this as soon as possible.
You can register by clicking on the image below:

Edit: Better Translation by Shenmue Master:

There is a very high probability that Suzuki-san will be not present during the MAGIC 2017.
by rdk_nl
Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MAGIC 2017 - Schrödinger's Shenmue

Was at the Exhibition floor. Especially for the "Shibuya Production latest news with Cédric Biscay" at 17:00 local time.

My French is extremely bad. Shenmue III is mentioned and Cedric asked if there where Kickstarter Backers at the conference. Some people waved their hands and where yelling (approx 10~15; but it was not very crowdy).

Cédric took time for some questions and I think 4 questions where about SIII.

I'm sure we have to be patient; someone will upload and translate this conference for sure.

It was about Cobra, SIII, Swaptales: Léon!, Astroboy and the future of the MAGIC shows.
by rdk_nl
Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MAGIC 2017 - Schrödinger's Shenmue

Weren't members of Shenmue Master there?
Maybe they managed to do an interview with Cédric?

Have spoken to Cédric in person; not about Shenmue III because I think we have to be patient and Yu or Cédric will choose the right moment to give us the right information. (I have 100% confidence in their capabilities, based on previous relesead information).

I talked with Cédric about the gratitude we have/feel for him as Co-Producer of SIII. Not only me as person, but the whole community.
by rdk_nl
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

I'm sure we'd all be fine with silence until E3, but it looks like monthly updates are back on the menu - and it'll probably stay that way lest the usual suspects in the KS comments cry bloody murder about it.

It was a lot like that TV documentary on the making of the original Shenmue, wasn't it? Yu seems slightly less intense these days, but who knows how strict his checks will get before the end...

There were a few new faces around the table this time. One fella with the auburn highlights in his hair is definitely someone who was around the table in the old days, but I've got no idea what his name is or what role he fills. There's another guy with dark eyebrows who looks similar to someone in the old TV documentary, but I'm not sure it's them...

For the people who missed this documentary; Spaghetti refers to (starts @ 44:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrSmqnegIk&t=44m0s
by rdk_nl
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking for someone [native English] who can edit Wikipedia

I'm looking for someone who would like to edit Yu Suzuki's Wikipedia Page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_Suzuki

I'm not native English, so I have problems to edit it in the correct way:

In the text you will find:

In July 2013, Suzuki returned to France for Monaco Animé Game Show.

MAGS 2013 was held at Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
Monaco is NOT in France, Monaco is a country on it's own!
It was NOT in July but on 2nd and 3rd of March 2013. At both dates Yu Suzuki was present!

See:
https://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=timeline
where I was mentioned as "fans in attendance"

I think this is a good community project to get facts right for history-purposes in future!
by rdk_nl
Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

That's great! No hard feelings at all.
by rdk_nl
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki:

"My sixteen year-long personal dream"

:heart:
by rdk_nl
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel a bit disappointed for Biscay and the other related actors though.

Biscay is one of "the driving force" behind Shenmue 3. (Without him and MAGS 2013; there was no Shenmue 3) I'm sure he supports this decision for 100%.

Biscay was also one of the first people who tweeted about this news.
by rdk_nl
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

When Corey is going to the studio for VO; It's also time to send survey's to $1000 backer tier "Ryo Voice Message" (38 backers (Higher tiers included)) :rotflmao:
by rdk_nl
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic