Search found 110 matches

Return

Re: New Yu Suzuki Interview from MAGS Conferance

Shenmue III is not going to be a best seller, we have to be realistic here. If you start changing the core of the gameplay mechanics in order to attract more people, you will get Shenkuza with no sells and angry fans.
The same engine updated and modified would work, Irrational Games successfully used the Unreal Engine 2 to make Bioshock and if they decided to make another FPS today with it... it would still be awesome under the right hands.

Sandbox games aren't that groundbreaking anymore, like you said, today is not yesterday and most of the new games of this era are using concepts that were on Shenmue: Save file transfer between games (Mass Effect), "cinematic" experience (Heavy Rain), similar battle system (Batman AA or Sleeping Dogs), QTE, etc. All we need are those dem HD remakes and build something from it.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Chances of a Shenmue I HD remake at E3? 5%
Chances of getting Shenmue III? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

All calculations made with potato.
Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

Loved how they pulled the whole up to 10 family members library crap out of their asses (creating even more confusion in the process) and then in small letters: None of this will be available at launch and we might pull the plug if we want to.

Fingers pointed at publishers, even 13 years old COD players felt intellectually insulted with this argument. Really? You create a system with 1001 restrictions and now you aren't the bad guys. Yes, you totally did this out of your heart, not because there's money involved.

I don't know why people compare this system with a PC or steam, I get most of my games for 20 bucks and not once I had to worry about connecting my PC online every 24 hours to play off line games.

Glad all the "misinformation" was confirmed, now we can move on onto better things.
Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

Who Really Cares? wrote: Now with sound ;-)

XBox 1 but no word on controller support yet.

phpBB [video]

0:39 controller set up =D>
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxcpBuZAGNA

Some interesting points brought there, especially about (something I never thought before about it and that really adds to Xbox One's failure) that if Microsoft turn off the servers, then Xbox One is just a useless piece of plastic, that is you will not be able to play games on it... Therefore, basically, Xbox One is a Steam on a Box . Hi, Adam.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130112152026/dragonball/images/e/e7/No..gif

I hate when people compare X1 to Steam. Right now, you can buy Witcher 2 enchanted edition for 6 bucks on Steam, the same game with inferior graphics for xbox360 can be bought on amazon for 30 bucks.
The games you buy on Steam for about 20% of the full price, don't require 24 hours DRM and if you want to, you can even back all your games up to a disk for safety. They give you a online service for FREE with tons of goodies and it's not like STEAM shuts down their servers every 5 years.
Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One : DRM/24hr online policy gone.

Kenny wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:Now will MS listen to the other complaint and release a cheaper model without Kinect?

Shit, if they do, screw the PS4 for now.

Even though i'll just be getting one eventually, like everything else.

Nah, I will support the company that didn't tried to screw me over and changed plans last minute.
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The gaming industry is one of the most interesting markets in the world.
For the people crying about the family share stuff, Microsoft just put that "feature" on their blog out of panic to elude some of their fans. None of it was scheduled at launch and they had no idea on how to implement it in the near future.
Basically, you would be buying empty disks with a code to download them on xbox live with no sharing options until Microsoft finally released their family share thing, which could be canceled if they felt like it.

And you don't need black magic to create a console that plays both disks and library games.
Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That escalated quickly... narrow minded idiots.
The argument that because something isn't a "need" therefore any price is justified, it's something I don't even expect from EA directors. The X1 innovative, groundbreaking, industry changing, cuttingedge, not available at launch concept... was nothing but a bad Steam rip off plus some stupid DRM restrictions.
Microsoft has NO ONE else but themselves to blame.
Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What age were you when you lost your virginity?

20 because my ability of taking hints is worse than ryo's.
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Animals :D

Shenmue is still the best duck racing simulator in the business.
Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else feel this way?

Shenmue 1 - relaxed next door town where everyone is friendly and knows your name.
Shenmue 2 - new country filled with people that will take advantage of you with nonstop action.

Comes down to what kind of person you are. Personally, there are days I like 1 more and others I like 2 more.
Based on Shenmue II disk 4 (I call it Shenmue III demo), they were gonna go back to the relaxed type gameplay maybe to further your relationship with Shenhua and explain her backstory.
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

After killing SEGA and the dreamcast, it only seems fair for Sony and Playstation to give us shemoooooo back.
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Beast (New IP - From Software, Sony Japan)

New screens and story:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/bloodborne-coming-exclusively-to-ps4-in-2015-new-details/
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3892/14206524640_ae00acec2e_c.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5523/14206641937_baaef94729_c.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5194/14206641977_00580209d8_c.jpg

Insider view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtzLXg9AB0

I believe the crow things he's talking about are these
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/049/e/7/dark_souls_concept_07_by_michaelcty-d5vg97e.jpg
Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu eating dinner with Sony execs

I see... Yu Suzuki is still photobombing Sony.
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

phpBB [video]

:rotflmao:
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anyone else concerned that...

...there won't be a big city in the game?

It's starting to look like Shenmue 3 encompasses a handful of old fashioned villages. Personally, the #1 thing I loved about Shenmue was exploring super detailed urban environments.

Regardless of this I'm still super stoked for Shenmue III, but is anyone else going to be disappointed if it's all nature and old timey huts? I wanna chug some cola and play Hang On :lol:

No, Shenmue II CD4 was basically a Shenmue III demo.
You were still exploring an environment but with Shenhua by your side. I remember losing my shit when I saw her running in the rain and well... Seeing Shenmue.

Also, old villages in Guillin must be filled with mystical tales and masters.
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Immersive Realism Features>Story, Y Shenmue 1 is GOAT.

I love shenmue, I love the story but the real reason why it was so amazing was because it was pushing the envelope at the time. The game was truly immersive, the amount of detail from arcades to forklift jobs was simply amazing.

I really felt like I was living in 80's japan.

Shenmue 3 needs that, I know its hard because they arn't gonna have that $50-$70 million budget but they need to capture that immersion.

Don't get me wrong the Shenmue story is great but that feeling of immersion is much much better...Yu Suzuki can't forget the reason Shenmue 1 is considered the GOAT.

Shenmue 2 Hong Kong didn't feel much immersive either, there was something missing.

The way Shenmue 2 ended was very strange, it seemed to be leaving that realism 80's world which is extremely relatable to the modern gamer today to 80's China village, which doesn't sound much appealing.

I really hope that Shenmue 3 takes place in Japan for the most part...Chinese villagies just doesn't have that immersion 80's japan does.

As for the story, it's been getting more and more "mystical", not sure if this is a good thing but I hope the game for the most part feels like real modern life.

Some of the Realism Features I want is.

>Eating is required now, will make those tomato convenience store useful
>AI reacts to you doing weird stuff like running around,staring at them, looking at wall

If Shenmue made me feel like I was living in my japanese hometown. Shenmue II made me feel like an immigrant going abroad in an adventure. Never once I felt a lack of immersion on SHII.

Shenmue II ending wasn't strange if you have been following the story since the beginning, in fact you could even say the meat and bones of the saga only starts after that point. Since the prophesy can only begin after Shenhua and Ryo meet.

The game teases you with ancient Chinese culture since the very beginning. It was always the focus of the game narrative.
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wishlist for Shenmue 3

With a smaller budget, I personally wouldn't mind if they made the game with the old Shenmue engine (I assume making everything from scratch on UE4 will be very expensive) but improved on some technical aspects like better draw distance (no crowd pop in) and no loading times when entering buildings.
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today!

Wouldn't it be easier and better if Yu Suzuki did his Q&A here in the dojo?
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

It isn't in the game, its just what I thought it happened when I was younger. Just like I assumed Tom went to america because he wasn't selling any hotdogs, just dancing a lot.
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reddit AMA Answers

$5M on Kickstarter.
$2M or $3M on Paypal.
$2M or $3M by Sony/Other recourses.

The $10M plan.
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

I want forklifts back no matter what!!

This is why I wanted Japan instead of China...Rural China just seems like we will get crap jobs like in Shenmue 2, I don't want that.

If only he had a genius game designer that could make new exciting mini games that make sense in the world instead rehashing old ones for the sake of nostalgia.
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

Hopefully, they add the paypal option for people to donate on their time.

I stopped smoking a few months ago so I would have no trouble in putting 15€ a month on it.
Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Do You Feel About Shenmue III Becoming More Spiritua

shredingskin wrote: DO someone know what's Suzuki religion ?

Ferrari
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

They need to do an update with concept art explaining how the village will be expanded with the $4M. Otherwise people won't be hyped into the extra goals.
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

Not sure what to make of this, at least it shows ambition and direction. Still very early days on Shenmue 3 and he's already thinking of the next instalments.

Full story - http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/shenmue-creator-wants-to-make-shenmue-4

Thoughts?

He has to. Shenmue is written like a novel. Shoving everything into one game wouldn't feel right.
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

If there is anyone that could fund this project completely based on the kickstarter success, it isn't Sony... It's SEGA.

One of their dead IPs just did $3.5M in a week on name alone. What other active SEGA IP could draw this kind of numbers in the states? From what Ive read Alien Isolation did over $1M and SEGA was ecstatic about it.
Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

Not really a job but it could be a mini game to replace darts.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

I'm not trying to silence anyone, if a fellow Shenmue bro or sister wants to challenge the Awesome Japan guys to a MMA cage fight... (with attendance and ppv profits going directly into Shenmue III fund). Go ahead, but to me some of the negativity seems over the top. I guess you also have to allow others to be have negativity towards your negativity.
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

It has already been stated countless times, that if you want the "prequels" remastered you need to contact SEGA since Yu Suzuki doesn't own the first two games. Its also ridiculous to expect a small team to make a remaster on top of Shenmue III.
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

We need to stop freaking out, even if we get... Lets say $5M. They can still open the paypal option post KS for a year and gather those $10M.
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals reveal

Hopefully these get ported to Shenmue.link after KS. Then, we can all take a few bucks out of our salaries for the game every month via patreon and see those funds grow.
Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully these get ported to Shenmue.link after KS. Then, we can all take a few bucks out of our salaries for the game every month via patreon and see those funds grow.

Yes Patreon does seem the right kind of platform to do this. Has it been brought to the staff's attention yet?

I actually meant paypal but my mind went elsewhere :lol:

The way I see it, more options of payments = more money. Since everyone has their preferred method.
Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There would be an easy way to push the Shenmue 3 Kicksta

No offense intended, but that would be dumb and pretty much confirm Shenmue 3 as a commercial failure.
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Sega's worry is if they start promoting the Kickstarter, people will ask them the same questions Sony are being asked now, i.e. why aren't they fully funding this?

Well, we asked them that for 14 years and they gave zero shits.

In a perfect world this project would be funded by 3 parties. Backers, Sony, SEGA.
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

I can't see where that last line helps at all, why say it . I mean, it will only drive a negative feeling in others to have the same feeling. That's how people work, let's just try our best to reach the goals we want. Why not

It's plenty helpful. It's especially helpful for me so that I no longer get emotionally attached to a game that may or may not be shit. After a long line of years waiting - pretty much a decade in my case - I am coming to terms with the honest to God truth: that Shenmue is cursed. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If the game turns out well, fine. That'll be nice. But at current trajectory, given every single bit of evidence thrown at the wall, it isn't. And I refuse - REFUSE - to be emotionally attached to a game I've been waiting a decade for that turns out to be shit.

Not one line of code has yet been written and you're already giving up on it. Shenmue isn't cursed, its a great videogame series that sold poorly but has a small dedicated fanbase.

If it was easy to make it rain and gather funds for Shenmue 3, we wouldn't have to wait 14 years for it. As it stands, Shenmue 3 is a reality and will end KS with around $5M plus Sony and Shibuya funds.

After KS, paypal will be open and we will see what we can do. Shenmue is no Castlevania or Megaman and will still outfund them.
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

One has to be delusional to think Shenmue III KS results are somehow "disappointing".

Its a 14 years old abandoned niche IP, making his way to be the most funded KS game ever versus giants like Castlevania and Megaman.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

I don't need sympathy nor clickbait with "Shenmue" on the title.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

ICO/ShadowoftheColossus-like* opened Sony's E3.

And that makes the kickstarter even more disappointing. One of the most famous vaporware ever almost beaten by semi new-IP which can't rely directly on their prestigious licence.

So yes, seeing 2.5% players backing from those who have played Shenmue has something disturbing.

At this point, I wonder if you are just trolling me.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im not calling Yu Suzuki a liar.....

No, first off its impossible to know exactly how much the game will cost to that extend. Especially if you are out of the game for fourteen years.

$10M for a current gen open world game is the bare minimum and we (shenmue fans and YS) will reach that goal or more.

Kickstarter is exactly what it means, the start of the project. Now that Shenmue 3 already has $5M, it will be easier to build upon that.
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4/Sony exclusive (No Sega involvement) speculation

Domosuke wrote:
Thoughts?

I have never seen so much misinformation condensed.
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic