Search found 635 matches

Return

Re: Ryo in Sega All Star Racing Transformed (Images/Gifs)

He's not a rocker. He's a surfer! 8)

by BlueMue
Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Did you know that Shenmue actually has authenticly labeled real life whisky in it? In the Heart Beats Bar you can look at some bottles of Glenfiddich single malt whisky. I wonder how they sneaked that in without any licensing...

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140116/87rqjs4n.jpg
by BlueMue
Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue scene compilations and other videos

Two new videos! Ryo says NO and then shows that he can copy moves by merely seeing them once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6c18CGzaSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV0F5XHI4U

@johnvivant: Yeah I know that move compilation video. That's where I learned how to execute the Arm Break Fire correctly. No one else ever mentions how it works and the game leaves you completely in the dark aswell.
by BlueMue
Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here it is, the best saved for last. More than 16 minutes of random rare dialogue and other entertaining stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd764u8fMc

If you already know all of this, consider yourself a Shenmue expert.
If you knew all of what's in the other videos aswell, then consider yourself a Shenmue legend!

I personally didn't knew everything prior to recording all this footage. I read about some things, used input from my recent notebook run and stumbled upon the stuff in the basement by accident while I was recording.
by BlueMue
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just realized for the first time that the Shenmue Premiere event was held on my birthday.
Kind sweet to have a "strong connection" to Shenmue like that. :D
by BlueMue
Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fantasy Elements in Shenmue III

I'd personaly hate it if Shenmue III would go as far as Shenmue Online did. That's just too much, no matter how you look at it.
If I could choose I'd like Shenmue to have no supernatural element at all. The games just put so much focus on creating a realistic world that I honestly don't like that stuff in Shenmue. I don't really mind the stuff that happens at the end of Shenmue II anymore but the first few times it really made me cringe.

I hope they don't go overboard in the further chapters. As long as they have good explanations why Shenmue has powers and that the mirrors have some mysterious force I'm happy. They really could've went without the floating sword though...
by BlueMue
Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fantasy Elements in Shenmue III

Ziming wrote:You know kinda like that weird white dog creature from never ending story.

Weird white dragon creature from Space Harrier would be more fitting anyways. :lol:
by BlueMue
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Well, this thread hasn't been used very much lately but I still like to give another little update of what I've added to my stuff recently.

- Shenmue II PAL signed by Yu Suzuki
- Shenmue II Xbox (Italy)
- Shenmue JAP (standard edition)
- Shenmue The Movie DVD (bootleg)
- Shenmue tattoo sheet
by BlueMue
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Windows Loading Screen - Screen Saver

This is pretty cool! Just too bad I stopped using screen savers years ago and always set it to turn off entirely.
Oh, the age of the energy saving mentalitly...
by BlueMue
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many of you used Shenmue as a resource to learn Engl

Hey, don't count Germany to etc. :P

I can't quite match what the guy in the blog wrote but at the base of it I've had similar experiences.
I was already pretty far with English in school when I first played Shenmue so I was able to understand most of the game right away. It still helped me getting better though. That something that just happens if you're "forced" to take the entire thing in English and when you like it, you automatically attach to it and get the best teaching you could ever have!

Years later the internet contributed a hell of a lot more to my English. All the websites, forums and especially online shows like the AVGN helped me to get better and better, way beyond what you learn in school. You just get to know the language much more "natural" that way. Similar to the guy in the blog, I don't think about grammar or verb tenses when I write something, even though I learned that stuff in school many years ago. I just write, it just flows naturally. I don't even have to think in my native language anymore and carefully transalte what I want to express. I just think in English right away. :D

I also have a little story with Japanese as well. Shenmue II's Japanese dub teached me a couple of words though that's about it. I can barely form sentences in Japanese and reading is even worse, let alone writing. That's because I never cared as much as I maybe should have. I never touched any other Japanese material then Shenmue II, besides the random game that has a Japanese dub where I understand certain words that I learned from Shenmue.

Oh well, hopefully it was interesting enough to read my stuff.
by BlueMue
Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fav char in Shenmue 1 other than Ryo?

Favorite character besides Ryo? That's simple broooo!

http://spindash.de/forum/master_dl/goro.gif

The way Goro is introduced, including the legendary blackmail line, the entire way he behaves and his theme song alone make him the greatest character in the game. All the funny dialoge he's in with Ryo... Goro is simply awesome!

If you're shooting for more serious character then I'd say Guizhang. He might be the typical fan favorite but he deservse it. He's just a cool guy and has a unique fighting style that he manages to pull of in a buisiness suit. That's some serious style right there!
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic easter egg on Disc 1?

I doubt this is a reference to Sonic or any kind of pun. She simply talks about emeralds and since she sells jewels that's not really something special. It's not like she talks about chaos emeralds. :D
by BlueMue
Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Teases Shenmue 3..... Maybe

Miki H(azuki)? OMG the name of Ryo's mother is finally revealed!!! :rotflmao:
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Angriest you've ever gotten at Shenmue?

That's one of the moments in the game that always baffles me. For some reason it forces you to come back the next day. Usually it's too late for the meeting, wich I guess is before or during the lunch break. This is a really dumb decission as you always run around and ask the stupid harbor workes dozends of times where to find a job.

I managed to get it him to show up the same day once. Went into the arcade early, showed Chai who's boss and then went to Jimmy and then straight to the harbor. There I talked about to the guy in front of the gate next to warehouse 18 and then with the foreman inside the warehouse. He'll tell you that he saw a young guy around warehouse 12 that recently got a job or something, basically leading you towards Goro. And tada, he showed up immediately.
by BlueMue
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4, big new announcement next month

It could be anything really. But the chances of it beeing Shenmue (III or HD remakes or even both) are pretty high this time. Next month is going to show if all the signs are going in one direction or if we all misunderstood them and the post mortem event will just reveal Yu's spiritual successor...
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riding a sinking ship on purpose?

I don't think he knew that prior to the first games release. That's what you're getting at, right? At least that's how I read it. It implies that Yu Suzuki planed beyond the release of the first game, wich he sure did but not in a way that he expected it to bomb and thus planed to let the second one end like it did.

Shenmue was his baby, he put so much time, effort and love into it. If you're giving that much of your life to a game like that I'd say you'll be absolutely sure that it will sell well. Yu Suzuki had a lot of experience in the market and since he did his best, he absolutely had the right to have faith in his work.

The decission of letting Shenmue II end on that cliffhanger was rather because the Dreamcast was already almost on it's last leg when they were in the middle of the developement of Shenmue II. I guess that it was originally intended to end at the end of disc 3, wich would go perfect with the ending of the first game. Then they decided to add the Guilin part very late in the process. It may seem strange to add more to the game in a desperate situation like that as one would assume it's the other way around and they actually cut off the game. But I think they all knew that there won't be a Shenmue III on Dreamcast and since Sega's future was unsure they knew there wont be a sequel in many years (and man were they right...)

I guess they added that part of the game for the players really. Like "Hey you're possibly have to wait a decade or more for III but at least here you finally have the meeting with Shenhua, the girl from Ryo's dream and that was on like every artwork and cover of the games." Maybe then they actually planned to spark a huge demand for Shenmue III among players with the massive cliffhanger. Interesting thoughts...
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega of Japan Tweets New Shenmue T-shirt

I just got this shirt today. I had to order it on Amazon Japan through SMJ because I didn't have the credit card needed for the order directly at their shop.

Anyway I carefully took it out of the packaging to take a closer look at the back side wich is obviously the interesting part about it. It looks just like you'd imagine it by looking at the pictures. The print is very nice and the fabric is rather thick and strong. Good quality I'd say and a worthy Shenmue shirt to have!
by BlueMue
Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

I find it simply epic how much this pulls all the fans in. May it be long lost users, long time lurkers or fans who've just stumbled across the Dojo. And in 5 minutes the internet is going to explode!
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that end sucked quite hard. Still nothing about the future of the series. Not even last words by Yu or anything.
Oh well, we gotta wait for E3 or whatever for any announcement anyways, if there's going to be one.
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Shensun: Allright, tell me what your ki signature feels like and I'll use the instant transmission and I'll be right there in a minute. :lol:

@el_cown: Nah, your really thinking too far here. Just because he showed a veeeeery crude overview of the story, including how the big fight ends and what happens after that doesn't mean Yu gave up on Shenmue. Let's be honest about those two points. Everyone probably already figured out that that's going to happen. The fight with Lan Di has to happen (like I said earlier, even when Ryo gave up on revenge) and the ending is really cliche and common in all sorts of media. I wouldn't say these are actual spoilers at all.
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Right guys, im going to GDC right now, to find that twat that asked about Space Harrier, the camera, and the bloody bike. Don't be surprised if i get done for murder.
Be gentle with the guys who asked about the camera and the bike, those were actually somewhat okay questions.
You can punish the fool who asked about Space Harrier three times as hard to make up for it. He truly deserves it!
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ridiculous Questions to ask Yu Suzuki During a Postmorte

"If Ren ran in circles around the fountain at Pigeon Park, how fast would he run?"
by BlueMue
Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are the odds of winning the radio?

You should try your luck when the chances of winning are doubled. That happens on 24&25 Dec., 1-4 Jan. , 14 Feb. and 14 March. With the odds increased like that I once won all four cassette tapes, both Saturn games and the stereo, all in one playthrough!
by BlueMue
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's been quite a while since the last video but I finally have something new. Look what happens if you lose the fight against the Mad Angels on the first day of work!

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A scene I've never seen before

It bugged me enough that there's still no answer what happens after the thugs are gone so that I played myself and took a video of it. Now we all know exactly what happens. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46812&p=1070984#p1070984
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Valentine's day in Shenmue

Yup, there is something special on that day. The same thing happens, that I wrote in your other topic.
The chances of winning at the raffle are doubled.

BlueMue wrote: That happens on 24&25 Dec., 1-4 Jan. , 14 Feb. and 14 March.
by BlueMue
Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue translation project

Sorry for not responding earlier, had to work and do other stuff. Here's a first attempt at the title screen.
I can give you the repacked SPR file when it's okay.

by BlueMue
Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki: Final Fantasy VII Mod!

This is awesome! Really well done getting Ryo into that game. Too bad I just don't care about Final Fantasy at all.
Maybe Ryo will make me play it. :lol:
by BlueMue
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that's what you call a great marketing slogan!
by BlueMue
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That just made my day! I never knew that you can actually hit that gong. How did you find that out? I'm surprised they've hidden that by having to perform somewhat cryptic actions.

Man I just love it when I learn something new about Shenmue. The game really is like life, you always and forever learn from it!
by BlueMue
Mon May 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tentei Revealed???

I like the theory. I like all these theories because it just fun because it's like a detectives game on it's own.
Thinking about the plot of Shenmue is a never ending puzzle as long as we don't finally get the whole thing. It's just such a massive and compley story.

If you look close you can see that the mysterios man looks very chinese. The almost bald head with just a bit of hair in the back, the style of the beard. It doesn't seem to be grey so I guess that man is around 50-60 years old wich fits the image of a leader that stays in the background for me.
by BlueMue
Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

In case anyone is still wondering about the mysterious downtime of shenmue.com. I've been informed that some of Sega's servers have been attacked about 10 days ago and a lot of their sites are down right now.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsega.jp%2Ftopics%2F140512_0%2F

They don't actually list shenmue.com but it's easy to conclude that it's affected by the server attack just like the other sites.
by BlueMue
Fri May 23, 2014 6:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how do i go to school?

Thief wrote: Honestly -- Shenmue is one of those games in which I'd be very sad to know that I've seen everything there is to see.

You can't have seen everything. There is always something new to see in Shenmue! It just never ends to amaze. 8)
by BlueMue
Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beat Shenmue

Boot up the sequel, WOW! What a world of difference. Much tighter controls, better..just better everything.
Yup. Shenmue II has much more improvements under the hood then one might think. You have to play them back to back to fully notice the changes in the controls, camera, capsule toy machine animation and so on.

Also the much more vibrant colors and massively improved sky dome with tons of awesome textures and clouds instead of that flat pixelated panel in the background. People rarely mention it but to me this is the greatest graphical advancement from Shenmue I.

You can't read about it and look at pictures to get an impression. These things only give you that powerful impression when you play the game.

Hope you'll enjoy it more then you did the first one. ;-)
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #SaveShenmue

This is incredible! It's unbelievable how much this has spread! I'm in awe to see how far this has gone and just happy what this great community has been able to achieve! =D>
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

That is such a tease but it really made me smile. :D
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back here again with something new.

I've read about this ages ago but never saw it or found any prove that it's true. With the power of Demul's quick save feature I've finally took on the challenge, tried it and succeded. I just love it when I find out something new about Shenmue!

http://youtu.be/bklP_R3bbN8
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've seen the airplane fly over Wise Mens Qr. But have you seen the alternate scene?
I have something huge in the works now so take this little video as something to hold you over.

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here it is! 45 minutes of pure Fangmei gold. ALL of the conversations with questions and all of Ryo's responses.

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's a time traveler

The game forces you to go to sleep at Xiuying's place at the Da Yuan Appartments one last time so you'll get the cutscene with the photo of Xiuying and Ziminig when they were young. If the game wouldn't skip time you could potentially continue the story so far that you don't have to sleep there anymore.

If you take it slower and go to the Da Yuan Appartments on your own after 8 pm earlier in the story then you'll trigger the cutscene yourself. And then when you go to Guixang the game will not skip to the end of the day after you've learned the Chawan Sign.
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's a time traveler

Sonikku wrote: Why of course Ryo is a time traveler. How the heck do you think he got a Sega Saturn in 1986? :lol:

Because his father is voiced by Segata Sanshiro. How often does this have to be mentioned until you guys get it? :lol:
by BlueMue
Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reboot Shenmue?

Once the analysis is complete, they could then somehow incorporate elements that make a game sell into these HD releases
No thanks. I don't want a Shenmue full of shooting, killing, stupid licensed music, profanity and tons of tutorials.
And yes I deliberately left the second half of your sentence out of the quote.

How is Sega supposed to make Shenmue interesting to the current market without ruining the game?
We all know what kids these days love about video games... Why should they even try it in the first place?
Shenmue is anything but mainstream and it simply shouldn't adapt to other games at all.
That's Shemue's strong point after all.

All that Sega should do is simply market it as just that! A unique experience among the endless stream of soulless action games.

I agree that some things need to be updated in a remake though. Smaller things that simply make the game more enjoyable and use the power of the current hardware. A time skip option, save anywhere, modern and classic control schemes, better animations for the NPCs, a newly done dub, more to explore and such.

You don't need to look at other games to figure those out. I repeat myself: Shenmue should stay Shenmue and Sega should market it for it's "uniquity".
by BlueMue
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki at Gamelab 2014 (Information & Multimedia)

Kickstarter of course isn't the way to make a game of this magnitude but it could be used for parts of it.

I imagine funds from kickstarter could be used to build the very fundament of the game. Yu Suzuki could use the money to finalize the script, redesign characters and enviroments up to current technology and actually build the base of the new game engine far enough for tech demos with more advanced weather, NPCs, combat, animations and whatnot.

With something like that at hand it would be much easier to finally get someone to fund the actual making and release of the game.
by BlueMue
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the thing called that gives Ryo a lot of money(D

It's simply a bank statement, you know the things everyone had to get to know how much money they had on their bank accounts before there was online banking. I wonder why they didn't place a bank in Dobuita that you have to go to in order to get the money. Would've been a lot more realistic then the "magical" money transfer into Ryo's pocket. Well I guess they left that out because you already walk around so much for the ticket.
by BlueMue
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The advice of Inafune about the crowdfunding of Shenmue

Well hearing that Yu Suzuki talked with someone who really knows how well crowdfunding a game with Kickstarter can go surely doesn't mean that something is gonna happen now. But at least it makes clear that Yu is really thinking about it.

I happily take all this talk about Shenmue and media coverage of Yu Suzuki. Keeping up the interested is better then dead silence, isn't it?
by BlueMue
Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic