Search found 288 matches

Return

Shenmue Creatives

Shenmue Creatives is a newly founded blog which will gather every and all Shenmue creatives and their works!

Though, YOU need to Submit your works and proliferate that place! Submit just about everything that is creative and Shenmue-related !

Whether it is fanfiction, fanart, fan comics, fan videos, cosplays, modifications (mods), game photos, fan games, quotes, music, remixes, poems... and so on!

Let's cram this thing! Don't hesitate! Start submitting NOW!

shenmuecreatives.tumblr.com
by Giorgio
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slow Loading

It's a design feature of the Dojo. Instead of the data going straight down the tubes to your computer, it goes LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT...
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Mythology - My theories - China Joy 2006 CG analysis

edit - added more stuff....

Ok might as well dive right into this. There is a a lot of text here sorry. I am probably going to add to it later as well.

before going into the analysis some people have questioned whether the china joy video, or any of the shenmue online videos have any relevance to the future of the main series. in my opinion i think that most the cg, especially the bit with ryo rushing up to the roof of that building to rescue Joy from lan di is a fictional scenario designed to promote the idea of a 'Shenmue MMO'. but the bit with the dragon, pheonix, lan di and shenhua is definitly canonical with the main series. these events were even hinted at in the Project berkely cg (lan di hand movements, dragon flying through the sky, lightning ect.)

China joy video alalysis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUWfTTqZNNacHUZKyL5hoNCA&v=1ETjJvgUOso#t=465

it maybe useful to start with a brief analysis of the 'shenmue legend'.
This is central mythological narrative of Shenmue saga (well maybe at least for shenmue 1 to 3 ) I call it shenmue legend, but perhaps there is a better name for it if someone wants to suggest it.

The shenmue legend
This is the actual chinese text that appears on the scroll than pans across the screen in the china joy cg - time stamp - 7:45 and was translated by user odaryo.
Thread here, I bumped it just recently. There is some really amazing info in here that should be better known within the community. I didn’t know about until a few weeks ago.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31394&start=15

The vein of the Dragon may cause a giant chaos.
(now by vein what I think it means is some kind of cave or sanctuary where the dragon dwells.)
edit- just did some research on the term 'dragon vein' - apparently in Chinese painting the term 'dragon vein' is used to describe the ridge of a mountain) so maybe the cave is in a mountain? really not sure what is meant here by vein of dragon. - although now i think of it didn't shenhua says there were dark/black mountains where people never came back..maybe this is mountain that contains the sanctuary where the dragon dwells...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yX8AXNZyqs - video detailing term 'dragon vein'

In the nature, the vein of the Dragon has been neutralized by a pair of mirrors: Dragon and Phoenix.

(some kind of barrier which maybe magical that seals the dragon within the sanctuary)

The Dragon mirror and the Phoenix mirror were sealed in the Dragon's cave.

(now this is interesting because obviously at some point they were removed and ended up in Iwaos possession – maybe whatever the events that occurred 20 years ago when Iwao and Zhu and Zhao were in china will explain this– this part of the story is still a huge mystery)

Hundreds of years ago(in the scroll it is "months", don't know if it is an error), an earthquake occurred, as if a signal for the dying dynasty.

(I also have ideas about the dynasties, but still working on them)

In order to obtain the Dragon's power, a demon entered the cave and stole the dragon's mirror.

(who is the demon? does it mean literal a supernatural demon, or maybe a very bad natured human being – have theories for this too )

The God Dragon awakes, bringing the earth and the nature (natural?) disasters.

(I assume that this is the dragon lan di takes control of – but its still not clear whether the dragon is separate to Chiyou. I personally think they are separate but its not clear. – got theories for this too)

Great earthquakes and giant floods stand for the ending of the dynasty.

This is giving a description of the primordial event when the dragon was disturbed – and its would seem that this event may have been repeating itself since time immemorial) - shenmue 3 is when its most likely to happen again - this event may have some kind of moral dimension as to why it keeps occuring - but I’ll get into this later)

The emperor asks three ancient masters for help to control the power of Phoenix.

(who were these ancient masters? If you look at the video time stamp 7:50 – I think the scrolls actually illustrates them. There are 2 old guys with beards and 1 bald guy all wearing Chinese clothing of old - huge sleeves etc. its difficult to make out the background, maybe they are sitting on a mountain with other mountains in the background? guilin maybe? better quality video would be useful. Could these be the ancestors of shenhua and Ryo? I assume that with each iteration of the 'calming of the dragon' event new masters emerge to undertake the task)

The legendary Phoenix comes down from the heaven and fights back the Dragon's attack.

(Time stamp 8:08 in video as seen in scrolls)

The Dragon's rage has been calmed down. The Dragon and The Phoenix go back to where they were from.

(Maybe this is time stamp - 12:03. beam of light being sucked back up into the clouds (dragon calmed) followed by another light absorbing into the phoenix pendant - phoenix returns)

The Dragon's mirror and the Phoenix's mirror have been sealed again. The peace is back.

(yes until the next disturbance of the dragon – the latest of which is due to occur in shenmue 3. )

--------------------

Magical objects/artefacts other than the mirrors.
shenhua seems to be controlling/ summoning the phoenix by use of a magical phoenix pendant/necklace go to - time stamp 9.49 - you can seen that its shaped like a phoenix, and she is clasping it when phoenix emerges.
Close up of pendant - time stamp 9:50.

a lot of emphasis is placed on this necklace since its emitting magical energy several times, and at the end it seems to be implied that either the dragon and/or the phoenix are absorbed back into the pendant - time stamp – 12:10

so we can add this to the list of known magical objects within shenmue
-sword of seven stars (must have greater purpose than just lighting up those huge mirrors)
-phoenix and dragon mirrors (from the shenmue legend we know that the purpose of the mirrors was to seal the dragon away prevent further destruction. Zhu also says the mirrors are a key to unlock the treasures of the qing dynasty, and master chen says that the mirrors somehow allow the resurrection of chi you. i've read people who say that all these uses of the mirrors means that we are recieving wrong or contradictory information from these sources, but i don't see why the mirrors cant do all these things.
-pheonix pendant (summoning and or controlling the phoenix)

- because the dragon lives in a 'vein' he might not need summoning.... hence there is no need for a dragon summoning pendant.
The destruction of a city

I’m still confused about what is actually happening here in the destruction of the city.

The first question is - what’s the city that is being destroyed? It looks like its in guilin, the mountains surrounding it are the same. Shenhua seems to be taken by surprise by this whole episode, - initially she is just playing with some butterflies. (this lends credence to my theory that what follows is a memory)

- also interesting to consider that shenhua's presence in guilin during these events could mean that Ryo leaves shenhua in guilin while he goes off to other parts of china to continue his quest...

So what is actually happening.
First of all clouds gather. Then a huge blanket washes over the landscape turning it brown rather than the lush green it was before. (is this just the destruction caused by the water?)

Shenmue legend says:
‘Great earthquakes and giant floods stand for the ending of the dynasty.’

So is this a blanket water washing over the landscape? It actually looks like its falling from the sky.

My theory:
This is not actually the present time of shenmue saga (1980’s), we are actually viewing the historical, mythological destruction of the city from the original awakening of the dragon (either 1600’s or pre 5000bc) - (this city does not look modern)
The blanket washing over the landscape is both a flood of water from the heavens, and also a time distortion transforming the landscape back to how it was then. (shenmue often uses brown colour to indicate age - eg flashbacks, and old scrolls)

When the time distortion reaches shenhua, she too is transformed into her ancestor – the historic person who also used the phoenix to calm the dragon.

this whole episode may be a memory of shenhua, or some kind of ability where shenhua can time travel to earlier periods by use her ancestors memories.

But what about lan di actually being there controlling the dragon with his hand movements?

It doesn’t actually look like lan di is there. All the background of his shots are blacked out. He is maybe in a completely different location controlling the dragon. maybe he is in present time 1980’s but has found a way of controlling the historic dragon (of old times)
- so he is controlling the events of the past, and its shenhua job to use her memory/time travel ability to make sure that the dragon is once again calmed.

Lightning hitting the city -time stamp 9:53

I am fairly sure this is coming from the dragon. we see that the dragon pulsates with electrical energy - time stamp 9:45 . This is a lightning/thunder dragon. it does seem a bit over kill, since the flood /earthquakes would already have done plenty of damage.

Dragon slithering snake-like though the air – time stamp 11:47 – gives me chills!

Are we viewing the destruction of just this city, or is this a kind of global Armageddon event that’s happening to the entire world?

bailu village ancient city - same location (theory)

bailu village is now located where this great city formerly stood. Shenhua mentioned the ruins of castle walls. The old nobles who were exiled by the emperor possessed great treasures (maybe the magical objects and or the Qing treasures)

so whats the Qing treasures

I think its probably a mixture of the magical artefacts used for all kinds of supernatural purposes and abilities.

And/or they could be certain magical martial arts techniques (that ryo is probably going to learn in order to defeat chinyoumen leaders + tentei. +maybe even chiyou)

now this is all a lot of speculation which may be wrong - but it certainly is fascinating to imagine would could be for the later games.

central shenmue legend if not a spoiler IMO
by the way i don't think the whole central legend is really that much of a spoiler. shenmue 3 could very well have opened with a telling of it, similarly to how its done in the china joy cg - time stamp - 7:46 - panning across the scrolls detailing it.
a lot more to come if you are interested...
by johnvivant
Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Tribute by Anthony Usai

A Shenmue Tribute created by Anthony Usui - Filmed on location from Japan.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Tweetathon Hashtag #SaveShenmue & Music Update

http://i.imgur.com/Q8rQAYH.png

2014 heralds a New Years evolution for the Shenmue Tweetathon, which expands onto Facebook and
Tumblr as well as Twitter, with #SaveShenmue replacing the old hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense. See TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue for details, and do your part for the campaign on January 3rd!

Music Update: Shenmue II Wan Chai Cutscenes (Complete) (Art & Logo: xhizors92 )
Videos to watch: Shenmue Tribute by Anthony Usui
by Ziming
Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY)

Yooooooo Dojo.

The Shenmue holiday special is finally in a decent state for others to play. This Demo was supposed to be released on Christmas day....however there were some serious game breaking bugs that took a while to fix. (better late than never)

READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY TO AVOID RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS..... AND TO HAVE THE GAME RUN SMOOTHLY.

Origins Of The Game

For the past couple of weeks, I have been investigating a visual novel application known as ren'py. I have a keen interest in this engine, as I would like to one day import my own artwork into its system and create an independent title. However, since most of my drawings are not on my computer, I thought i'd use Shenmue images in it's replacement whilst i learn the language.

This game is very simple and not very deep, as it was something I just threw together whilst learning ren'py. Throughout the game, you will see a lot of unusual events that may NOT seem very "Shenmuish". Again, this is because I was trying different aspects out within the ren'py engine. Dont expect nothing groundbreaking

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY) Beta V1.01

http://i41.tinypic.com/r0bguq.jpg

PLOT

After dealing with the Mad Angels, Ryo prepares himself for his long awaited trip to Hong Kong. The following day, he learns that Nozomi has been kidnapped again! Ryo teams up with 4 of his friends in order to rescue her. Can he find Nozomi before he has to leave the country?

This will be a 30 - 45 minute game featuring some of our favorite Shenmue characters. The story will take place after the 70 man battle, and be an alternative take on how Shenmue 1 ended.

http://i43.tinypic.com/9ft9g0.jpg

FAQS

What Are The Controls?

The game is played with the mouse.
1) Left click = continues to the next section
2) right click = access menu (save , load, options, full-screen/window etc)

How Do I Play This Game

Read the dialog on the screen. Whenever you see the blinking arrow, left click to continue. At some points you will be asked to make choices. Choose carefully :)

How Many Endings Does This Game Have?

The game has 2 endings......one good, and one bad. It will be interesting to see which one you guys get lol.

This Game Contains To Much Text And Is Boring

That's visual games for you. You either love them or hate them. I recommend taking your time with the game. Read carefully and slowly.....and don't rush through it.

Spelling And Grammar Mistakes.

Yep, I'm aware of most of the mistakes. But this is a Beta/Demo, so it does have its fair share of issues. This will be fixed in the final version. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to proof read everything.

Some Images Are Medium To Low Quality?

Most of the game has fairly decent images. However, in some instances, there are medium to low quality pictures. This is mainly seen with Nagashima and Eri. This will be fixed in the final version.

My Screen Resolution Doesn't Support This Game?

This game was created in a 800 x 600 format. If you encounter black borders on either side of the screen, adjust your screen resolution on the desktop (right click on desktop and press on properties or screen resolution).

Can I Play This In Fullscreen?

You can, but you will more than likely notice the low quality images and bad sprite rips. I recommend playing in window mode if you're a graphics or perfectionist whore. :) To run in fullscreen mode, right click to access the options menu, click on preferences, and click full screen. (You must have a fairly decent direct x driver installed, otherwise the game will crash when going fullscreen)

The Game's Font Doesn't Work On My Computer

This game uses the "Arlrdbd" font. Download it here and follow the instructions on the site to install the font.
http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

I've Encountered An Error

Refer to the FAQs or send me a PM.

You've Included My Work And Given Me A Shoutout

There are various shout-outs and nods to some dojo members and youtubers in the game........mainly when Ryo goes to sleep. I did this out of respect, as i wanted this to be a community project for everyone on the dojo. If you have a problem with the inclusion of your work, let me no and I'll get rid of it.

Thanks For The Shoutout

No problem. Keep up the awesome work.

Why Didn't I Have A Shoutout?

Everyone on the dojo will get a shoutout in the final game.

Thanks For Making This

No problem. This is my Christmas present to the Shenmue Community

Where Are The Fight Scenes?

There are no fight scenes in the demo. Wait for the fullgame.

This Game Sucks, You Suck

Love you to. Remember, this is something I just threw together. It's not suppose to be taken seriously. Hopefully next year, we can all work on a game together to make it extra awesome.

Distribution

Please do not share the links or reupload them. Link people to this thread. This is a Beta test for hardcore shenmue fans to try out, enjoy, and give feedback in order to make the final product amazing. Please respect these terms.

What Do You Still Need To Work On?

Ha, tons of stuff. sprites, scripts, grammar checks, importing a Shenmue user interface, audio, fight scenes, extra characters, animation, intro, ending etc. This is nowhere near finished.

When's The Final Version?

For those who actually enjoyed the game, the final version will be much MUCH bigger. (New areas, characters, sequences, fight scenes, voice clips, choices, UI etc) The game will go past Shenmue 1.... and on to a certain ship :)
Final version coming 2014.

Have You Got Any Other Projects Like This?

I have many different Shenmue Demo's, but this was the only one that was in a half decent state

How Can I Say Thank You And Support Shenmue

1)Give this thread a thumbs up and thank you
2)Buy the Ryo Hazuki first four figure statue
3)Buy Ryo DLC in sonic racing transformed
4)Buy Shenmue clothing from insertcoin
5)join TeamYu.net to save Shenmue
6)Sign up to the ShenmueDojo, ShenmueMaster Website.
7)Subscribe to ziming and AdamKoralik's youtube channels.

How to install The Game

1) First install the Arlrdbd font. Download here http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

Unzip font

Windows XP Font Install:
Drag arlrdbd.ttf into C:\Windows\Fonts - The font will automatically install.

- Windows 7/Vista Font Install:
Right click arlrdbd.ttf and then click "Install".

2)Download the base file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pwoaa5vxsnw28wa/Project+Shen+Base+File.zip

3)Download the sound/image file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5gck80wtvgd7yz/Project+Shen+Sound+and+Pics.zip

4)Extract base file (winrar, winzip)

5)Extract sound/image file (winrar , winzip)

6)The extracted sound and image file should be called "archive.rpa". copy this to the game directory of the basefile.
(Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo-all/game/PLACE ARCHIVE FILE HERE)

7)Double click the Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo application icon in the main directory.

Enjoy.

@ShenmueTree, I can't wait to try out Project Sekai. It's where my original inspiration came from. :king:

I hope all you guys have an awesome XMAS holiday, and a fantastic new year. Hopefully we get more Shenmue news in 2014. :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ic88sj.jpg

Giorgio Let's play of the game

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PlS7bJVQM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnjbBM2G-M

Enjoy
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old lady in Sakuragaoka giving hint to translate the let

According to her bio: http://i.imgur.com/C5fNX66.png She also happens to be an acquaintance of Xia Xiu Yu and drops by Dobuita once in a while to visit her.
I did not know about that either and thus never encountered that too.

By the way, should be not: "hidden tutorial on reading house signs to find Yamamoto "?
by Giorgio
Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old lady in Sakuragaoka giving hint to translate the let

Yes, she can lead you to Xia China Shop too. She rarely goes outside, aside from that one occasion in the story where she can help you out; she is wandering around just between the Yamamoto house and the capsule toy shop in Sakuragaoka around midday (2PM onwards, I think). I think she only appears when it's sunny, or something along those lines [and only at that point in the story]. Just ignore Xia's grandson and instead head for Sakuragaoka. I can't recall if it's specific days that she appears there also.

There's a Notebook guide somewhere outlining it exactly, but, I think those are the markers for it.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue running on Reicast (Dreamcast emulator for Android)

This video has Shenmue being played on a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. The game still has graphical glitches, but runs fairly smooth. The team working on the emulator says it will be fixed in the R6 release.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #SaveShenmue

Happening right now, and all day today, on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. http://TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Did you know 2014 shares the same calendar year as Shenmue in 1986?

2014 Calendar Download: http://goo.gl/PeMVRs
by Ziming
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you know 2014 shares the same calendar year as Shenmue in 1986?

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1525436_10202090804744462_622554973_n.jpg

2014 Calendar Download: http://goo.gl/PeMVRs

Is Shenmue destined to resurrect itself in 2014? I sure hope so. :)

If it does, I will no longer believe in coincidences.

Destiny for the win. :lol:
by ShenSun
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A great effort yesterday, the transition to #SaveShenmue seems to have gone far smoother than I'd anticipated. You can now pre-load your messages for February 3rd on the new Thunderclap page.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Image by Ricardo, who I believe posts here as xhizors92 - take a bow, Ricardo! =D>

And now here are the results from yesterday. :nice!:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I first played the game I never thought that the voice acting was bad. Probably because English is not my native language. I "learned" that from native speakers and such. Lots of people saying that Japanese is superior. But how do they know? Are native speakers and can critisize if it is good or not?

I believe if you are not a native speak (as with my example) you can not really tell the difference. For one, I prefer the English voice acting, because it is more familiar to the ear (at least I can understand English, in contrast with the Japanese one) and why I love it when it brings me smiles (e.g. "I am just fine and dandy! He he he he he!" You don't get that cheesiness in the Jap one...)
by Giorgio
Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Say Hello to Mr. Yukawa at Takara Sushi!!

Now I'm at the day after Nozomi called Ryo out on the phone, it's past 11 and I go to the Yokosuka Bar with both figures of him but he isn't there... What's wrong here?
You can meet Mr. Yukawa in the bar on the next day after the "Nozomi's Confession" at the park. And, that will not happen on Disc one. Good luck!

the shenmue dojo youtube page does not have any footage of Yukawa at bar yokosuka, but another user called reignD has uploaded a video of him from the japanese version, this user see's yukawa while doing the 'meeting your friends at home' side quest.

if anyone is interested then here it is - go to 0:53 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFXkxuo1go
by johnvivant
Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now I'm at the day after Nozomi called Ryo out on the phone, it's past 11 and I go to the Yokosuka Bar with both figures of him but he isn't there... What's wrong here?
You can meet Mr. Yukawa in the bar on the next day after the "Nozomi's Confession" at the park. And, that will not happen on Disc one. Good luck!
by Kiyuu
Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Kiyuu: I'm at that very day, that's what I meant to say. The day automatically ends after the scene with Nozomi so it has to be the next day anyway. But I'm confused. NOT on Disc 1? But the Nozomi scene can only happen on that disc, after you've translated the letter. Wait! Does that mean you have to quickly get to the harbor the same day and then go into the Bar that night?

If I undestand this correctly now, you can spot him during the first step of the "friends come over" scene and then if you go into the Yokosuka Bar again after 11 pm once more. But only if you go to the harbor the same day you translate the letter?
"Nozomi's confession" can be triggered on Disc 2 all right. Now I don't remember how I did it exactly, but you don't need to rush like that. Why don't you go to the harbor and come back without entering the Warehouse No. 8? Then, wait for the call from Nozomi and enjoy the date. It's fun to see Goro helping you sneak into the Warehouse when you go back to the harbor on the next day. Then, come back without trying to sneak into the Old Warehouse No. 8, and go to the Bar after 11 pm. I hope this will work.
by Kiyuu
Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do those tea heater pillars that stand around in the second living room of the Hazuki residence or the harbor loung exist in that form in Japan? And how do they work? Electrical or with some kind of fire inside?

They burn kerosene as fuel. They're still available in Japan but these days are probably considered a bit old-fashioned or nostalgic, since air con / electric heaters are more common.

I found a page with photos of one that looks similar to the one in Ryo's house:
http://aladdin-aic.com/products/bf/bf3905/
by Switch
Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo Forum Updates

http://i.imgur.com/cCA8OZz.jpg

Happy New Year from ShenmueDojo.net! We're ushering in 2014 with good faith that it'll be an interesting and upbeat year for Shenmue. With rumblings of Sony showing immediate interest, we're excited to start off a new generation with a fresh outlook on the series. We'd love to hear your thoughts in our recently updated community forums.

We've now condensed our forums slightly in order to promote fresh discussion on various topics in one place. New Tapatalk features have been implemented allowing a bevy of features on the go. Lastly, the forum has underwent a major performance upgrade including a drastic speed boost, easier registration and various bug fixes.

We wish everyone a happy new year and continual health and happiness. If you'd like to donate to keep our community and informational website afloat, feel free via the main page. Thank you for any and all support.
by Yama
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fuku-san helping out in the basement?

I have no idea, but I hope these links can help..
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40017&start=0
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38319&start=0
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=286642#p286642
UPDATE : I Just got these 2 scenes with Fuku-san in basement :D , What I did is:
Installed Light bulb in basement, turned on the switch, ran around basement in about 2 in-game hours, then Fuku-san appeared and noticed scratches at floor. Next, I moved the shelf and again like idiot ran around basement in about 2 in-game hours, after that Fuku-san appeared again and noticed that the color of the wall is different...
by Radar
Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the answer for Shenmue-3-less days...
phpBB [video]
by Giorgio
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Response from Sony's President of Worldwide Studios: "very nice!" https://twitter.com/yosp/status/422630984790450178
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food and Shenmue

I couldn't resist. It was so warm..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki DLC now available on PC/STEAM

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki DLC now available on PC/STEAM

Slight modification to the recent Sony collage:

This has been posted on the Sega forums where it will hopefully be seen by Sumo boss Steve "S0L" Lycett.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does shenmue hold up today?

Number one is still my favourite I completed that around 2001 and shortly bought shenmue II but didn't complete that till a few years ago. There's nothing I dislike about the series but it's purely nostalgia alone that keeps me playing I still enjoy it but it's different.
I can't help but read your posts in that dude's voice in your avatar and it's absolutely hilarious.

Shenmue truly is one of a kind, played a bunch of great games but there's something about the heart, the level of detail, the music, the times it was created in is even a big factor that just make it stay the best game of all time for me.

I haven't played it in a while like a good 3 or so years and I'll tell ya why; it's like an emotionally abusive ex girlfriend who keeps coming back, she's beautiful and her personality is amazing, every time you see her you instantly fall in love all over again but the problem is she doesn't want to stay with you and she leaves again and you're left with an empty hole in your chest wondering what could've been. Then you get mad at her current Boyfriend (Sega) who she keeps running back to, he just wont let her go. Can't keep going through that shit lol

I'll tell you one thing it made me buy a Dreamcast for it all over again. No game has ever made me go to that extent.
by DoubleO_Ren
Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vote the Shenmue soundtrack into the Classic FM Hall of Fame

One of Shenmue's most enduring qualities often cited by fans is the glorious array of music heard throughout the games. Yu Suzuki has described how the music was recorded first, to help inspire the game's cut scene writers in producing scenes that captured the spirit and emotion of the soundtrack. Shenmue was therefore shaped by its enchanting score like no other game, and this heightens the evocative effect these tunes have on players many years later.

Last year, the voting for Classic FM's Hall of Fame resulted in top-five placements for compositions from Final Fantasy and The Elder Scrolls, paving the way for other videogames to potentially follow in 2014. And I can think of no selection of music more deserving of inclusion than Shenmue's powerful soundtrack.

To participate in the voting, you will need to choose three entries at this link . I suggest that your first two selections be "Shenmue (soundtrack)" and "Shenhua" - by Yuzo Koshiro and Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, respectively.

You will need to select a third vote before you are allowed to submit your entries. If the search box doesn't bring up anything you like, I know for a fact that "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis can be found amongst the possible nominations. It's not Shenmue, but I like it...

This past November at the Kölner Philharmonie in Germany, a spine tingling orchestral performance of Sedge Tree (the main Shenmue theme) formed part of a concert based on videogame music. Enjoy the video again as you cast your votes, and let's see what we can do to maximize Shenmue's chances of gaining official recognition within the Classic FM Hall of Fame!
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Have we discussed this here? I can't seem to find it.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 - Final Boss Mod

I am using Baihu's style since it is closest to Lan Di's

I am uploading footage right now.

Just takes a little while.

/james

EDIT:

VIDEO!!

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A random thing I hadn't really noticed before, about one of the objects in the Hazuki residence. In the kitchen next to the fridge is a kind of box, standing on the floor. It may not be immediately apparent what it is.
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/45602-shenmue-dreamcast-screenshot-let-s-get-some-food-from-the-kitchen.jpg
I realized it's most likely a container designed for storing raw rice ready for cooking.
Some actual rice containers for comparison...
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~marunaga/images/DSCN46151.jpg
Thought I'd mention it in case anyone may have wondered about it. :)
by Switch
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gamespot predicts Shenmue 3 to happen in 2014

http://www.brawsome.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/800px-GameSpot_Logo_svg-300x95.png

Gamespot has recently published a article predicting 10 things that might happen in games in 2014. Ranked at number 2 they predict Shenmue 3 will be unveiled, citing the upcoming GDC 2014 postmortem with Yu Suzuki.

Gamespot Article: 10 Things That Will Definitely Happen in Games in 2014 (Maybe)
by Ziming
Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Endorsements

Good shout. Britters would do anything for Suzuki-san, if her song "Slave For Yu" is anything to go by.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: do you walk or run through this game?

Is it just me that loves the crunching sound when you walk areas of deep snow on the game ?
by lavrentis
Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega of Japan Tweets New Shenmue T-shirt

http://i.imgur.com/V8W2080.jpg

Sega of Japan has tweeted a message promoting a new Shenmue themed t-shirt. The front of the shirt has Shenmue in bold letters, and backside has characters such as Ryo, Lan Di, Chai. The shirt can be purchased from this site , and they do ship worldwide. See Adam Koralik's video below for instructions.

Links: Sega of Japan Tweet | Online store (Japan) | How to buy (Adam Koralik)
by Ziming
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would your reaction be if it was released?

My reaction would be like this often overused .gif.

by Ziming
Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to the Steve and Paul Show for this great documentary on the life of a Shenmue fan left in limbo without Shenmue III...

phpBB [video]

#SaveShenmue - http://TeamYu.net/SaveShenmue
by Giorgio
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 I want to share this map I made

Hi i`m new here. I want to share this map I made.

by psychokamui
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One Mag

X-ONE Magazine held a poll to vote for your top 3 games that Xbox One needs.

ONE OF THE OPTIONS IS *** SHENMUE 3 *** !!!

Therefore... we shall Tornado Kick this poll, as Crazy Shenmue fans we are!!!

!!! LET'S GO ===>>> http://poll.fm/4mzf8 !!!

‪#‎SaveShenmue‬

P.S.: Even though Phil Spencer tweeted that he's not interested, we shall rock this poll anyway! (Read why in the 2nd "spoiler") Do you remember the PSM_OK poll? Then the votes were with comments. NOW, the votes are with checkboxes. THEREFORE, they will not be able to deny any of our votes.

You know what I mean? The votes are obvious and counted by a system and not by a imperfect human being. :P

SO, if we TOP this poll, then it will DEFINITELY appear in their Magazine, *especially* when *themselves* add the "Shenmue 3 option", THEREFORE our "SHENMUE 3" votes are more welcomed than ever!

Just do it! :D I have to mention something for everyone who hesitate:

Our intentions is not where we want Shenmue 3 to end up, but we want to top this poll so as SHENMUE 3 will get more *recognition* and the fanbase alike, something that will advertise the power of our demand.

If Shenmue 3 TOP this poll, then it will *definitelly* appear on their Magazine. (Terry's Invitation to Hell, it's 5 secs job to vote anyway...)
by Giorgio
Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

Gamespot now has live-stream page with a countdown.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/classic- ... 0-6417813/
by Ziming
Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue is an experience for your eyes to see, with messages for your mind to think, and emotions for your soul to feel.
by Giorgio
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic