Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

@CNET: Shenmue 3 becomes fastest game to ever hit $1M on Kickstarter: http://cnet.co/1R2VDMa
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This dude on NeoGaf was right.
by Taren Fox
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

someone needs to tell Suzuki to make S3 with japanese voices actors with english subs!

still cant believe after all this time, its happening & its real. :-o

The original Japanese Ryo is listed as part of the team on the Kickstarter page :)

Yep, and I would like to know who's the fella who snagged his cool Ryo jacket! Hope it's someone from this forum. :D
The guy accidently bought the jacket. He only meant to donate a few bucks! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063867
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

World Series of Darts.
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Donators Please Read

I have a feeling that this place is gonna start getting a lot more busy <3
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want 1 and 2 to be remade so I can import like 50 bags of potato chips, 100 light bulbs, and 20 copies of Flower Girl on cassette into Shenmue III.
by Taren Fox
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Shenmue 1 Moment?

the part where ryo and gui zhang are about to start the 70 man battle and i swear as they start their poses one of them farts! you cant tell me any different! they had gas! (must be why gui zhang disappears at 66 man down...go shit)
jump to the 14 minutes and 5 seconds mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob6UgmOzRnQ
Ahaha, oh my god I never noticed that!
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What modern gaming features would you like to see in S3?

Please DON'T have quest markers. This is a big deal to me.
by Taren Fox
Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Do You Feel About Shenmue III Becoming More Spiritua

Don't become Matrix Revolutions. I don't want to see Ryo flying around fighting Lan Di.
by Taren Fox
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue The Movie VCD?

Locke_cole wrote: Be careful it may be Shenmue XXX: Yuan's Revenge

The Chai scene is the worst.
by Taren Fox
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tom's Pickles

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/the_brain/images.akamai.steamusercontent.com_zpsxky6oolx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/the_brain/images.akamai.steamusercontent.com2_zpszmymd6gu.jpg

These lines always made me feel uncomfortable.
by Taren Fox
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

When I don't get a prize at the Tomato Conveinece Store and the lady randomly spouts "Especially since you bought merchandise". I still have no idea what that means.
by Taren Fox
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

Lan-Di just crapped his pants.
by Taren Fox
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

Goddammit, I watched the e3 announcement again and couldn't help but donate an additional 200 bucks. I want to have that signed illustration. $300 I totally don't have, but it's Shenmue so screw it. :P
by Taren Fox
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What do I do with my remaining 20 chocolate bars? The cat wont eat any more...
by Taren Fox
Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenGCH wrote:it really looks as if he's sitting on Ryo's back while he's stretched out on the floor or something :shock:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
by Taren Fox
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

Awesome Japan is the real life Asia Travel Company.
by Taren Fox
Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

Awesome Japan.

Biggest Shenmue related joke.
by Taren Fox
Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things Shenmue does better than most modern games

Shenmue combines several genres. It contains elements of action, adventure, mystery, martial arts, "walking simulator", and even racing to a degree. It's a completely unique experience. Very few games make the player feel like they are in a living, breathing world with real people, not just repeating NPCs.

(Contrary to the hate a few posts up) I think Heavy Rain is one of the few games to captures the spirit of Shenmue, albeit in a much smaller and linear scope. Heavy Rain surpasses Shenmue in the sense that the players choices drastically effect the narrative and ending. In Shenmue the player is dragged along a strict story arch. Players can decide how they get from Goal A to Goal B, but ultimately no matter what happens Ryo's going to fight Chai in the Arcade, work at the harbor, and eventually board the boat to Hong Kong. There are minor changes based on player choice (if they beat Chai, for example), but most of them are insignificant to the overall story (Telltale Games Syndrome).

With that being said, Shenmue is still one of my favorite games of all time. There are very few flaws (most can be attributed to it's age). It may not be as refined as Heavy Rain but it is a much more ambitious title. Heavy Rain is an interactive movie, where as Shenmue is an interactive world. Both are good in their own respects, but Shenmue will always be one of gaming's most impressive feats to me.
by Taren Fox
Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic