Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Taren Fox wrote: So guys... What exactly is a "rapport system"? :P

Not entirely sure, but it sounds like an interesting thing. Being able to have deeper relationships with other characters in the game world.
by LikeZoinksYo
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm so glad I get to play this game before I die.

I have been a long life fan of Shenmue for 15 years. Its by far my favorite game of all time. I have SMA and I can get very sick very easy. I just wanted to to thank all my fellow campaigners for making this happin. We are getting out of the cave!
by Aimless Gamer
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

If instead they would have stipulate "higher is your participation better is the game" with no numbers at all I'm sure that the amount would be more than 3.5 millions by now.

My thoughts exactly.

That's not how Kickstarter works. A "kickstart" gets a project going in a certain direction. We've done that. There will be a Shenmue III. Now we've got to keep the project moving and make the most of it we can.

The $2 million was a "something is better than nothing" target. People saying that number should have been higher have an "all or nothing" philosophy which frankly was not working for Shenmue fans after 14 years. We wanted at least something, anything.

You can tell us to take our something and be happy with it, but don't tell us we're being dishonest or wrong or unprofessional, and certainly don't tell us Sony is already fully funding tens of millions of dollars into this game to make it open world like the original but that's not even close to true.
by Phong
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's Shenmue - History (Kickstarter Website)

Video from this page: http://shenmue.link/us-en/history.html

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

](*,)

The game isn't even in development yet.

How can you say that this looks bad to those new to the series? Are you new to the series?

Judging by the boost in funding since last night, Id hardly say this teaser had a negative impact.

I cannot wait for this campaign to end and for the game to go quietly into production so everyone can quit hyper-analyzing (aka bitching about) everything.
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Morning Fog's Wave

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The biggest life lesson you've learned from Shenmue

The most intense lesson right now, is: that nothing is impossible.
by Giorgio
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The biggest life lesson you've learned from Shenmue

With the situation right now it's really "never give up hope". I never did for Shenmue III and I usually don't do but now it's really etched into my mind forever. Shenmue III is the prime example now.

I don't think I took much from the games back then, at least not into everday life. But there are so many lessons to be learned in the game. The wude alone already teach a lot.
by BlueMue
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resume feature

This is an old topic but it explains what it does and why people have gripes with it.

viewtopic.php?t=19211
by Ceej
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

Told you guys everything pointed towards $6M and we will get those $10M post KS.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_uAMrf-JA

http://40.media.tumblr.com/48a46304f3f60cf5cfb74c415fb2d8fc/tumblr_nq3dx6oUuk1tlejmzo1_1280.jpg

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCm7Vuo8xyDwDr7&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F06%2Fshenmue.jpg%3Fquality%3D65%26strip%3Dcolor%26w%3D1012&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=0&sw=1012&sh=530

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2015/07/15/shenmue-3.png
by Lan Di-sama
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just upped my pledge to $175

by PILMAN
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

We're just not used to these idiots talking about Shenmue -- along with a new game comes dumb ass nerd culture and constant uneducated criticism. They have the chatter endlessly about something, this week it's Shenmue, next week it's some dumb ass Nintendo exclusive whatever the fuck. Just let them rattle until they realize their lives are completely devoid of any meaning or culture and they've wasted years talking about nonsense.
by Thief
Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does anything change if you beat Chai at You Arcade?

Extra dialogue, asking around for Chai. That's pretty much it.

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY)

Yooooooo Dojo.

The Shenmue holiday special is finally in a decent state for others to play. This Demo was supposed to be released on Christmas day....however there were some serious game breaking bugs that took a while to fix. (better late than never)

READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY TO AVOID RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS..... AND TO HAVE THE GAME RUN SMOOTHLY.

Origins Of The Game

For the past couple of weeks, I have been investigating a visual novel application known as ren'py. I have a keen interest in this engine, as I would like to one day import my own artwork into its system and create an independent title. However, since most of my drawings are not on my computer, I thought i'd use Shenmue images in it's replacement whilst i learn the language.

This game is very simple and not very deep, as it was something I just threw together whilst learning ren'py. Throughout the game, you will see a lot of unusual events that may NOT seem very "Shenmuish". Again, this is because I was trying different aspects out within the ren'py engine. Dont expect nothing groundbreaking

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY) Beta V1.01

http://i41.tinypic.com/r0bguq.jpg

PLOT

After dealing with the Mad Angels, Ryo prepares himself for his long awaited trip to Hong Kong. The following day, he learns that Nozomi has been kidnapped again! Ryo teams up with 4 of his friends in order to rescue her. Can he find Nozomi before he has to leave the country?

This will be a 30 - 45 minute game featuring some of our favorite Shenmue characters. The story will take place after the 70 man battle, and be an alternative take on how Shenmue 1 ended.

http://i43.tinypic.com/9ft9g0.jpg

FAQS

What Are The Controls?

The game is played with the mouse.
1) Left click = continues to the next section
2) right click = access menu (save , load, options, full-screen/window etc)

How Do I Play This Game

Read the dialog on the screen. Whenever you see the blinking arrow, left click to continue. At some points you will be asked to make choices. Choose carefully :)

How Many Endings Does This Game Have?

The game has 2 endings......one good, and one bad. It will be interesting to see which one you guys get lol.

This Game Contains To Much Text And Is Boring

That's visual games for you. You either love them or hate them. I recommend taking your time with the game. Read carefully and slowly.....and don't rush through it.

Spelling And Grammar Mistakes.

Yep, I'm aware of most of the mistakes. But this is a Beta/Demo, so it does have its fair share of issues. This will be fixed in the final version. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to proof read everything.

Some Images Are Medium To Low Quality?

Most of the game has fairly decent images. However, in some instances, there are medium to low quality pictures. This is mainly seen with Nagashima and Eri. This will be fixed in the final version.

My Screen Resolution Doesn't Support This Game?

This game was created in a 800 x 600 format. If you encounter black borders on either side of the screen, adjust your screen resolution on the desktop (right click on desktop and press on properties or screen resolution).

Can I Play This In Fullscreen?

You can, but you will more than likely notice the low quality images and bad sprite rips. I recommend playing in window mode if you're a graphics or perfectionist whore. :) To run in fullscreen mode, right click to access the options menu, click on preferences, and click full screen. (You must have a fairly decent direct x driver installed, otherwise the game will crash when going fullscreen)

The Game's Font Doesn't Work On My Computer

This game uses the "Arlrdbd" font. Download it here and follow the instructions on the site to install the font.
http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

I've Encountered An Error

Refer to the FAQs or send me a PM.

You've Included My Work And Given Me A Shoutout

There are various shout-outs and nods to some dojo members and youtubers in the game........mainly when Ryo goes to sleep. I did this out of respect, as i wanted this to be a community project for everyone on the dojo. If you have a problem with the inclusion of your work, let me no and I'll get rid of it.

Thanks For The Shoutout

No problem. Keep up the awesome work.

Why Didn't I Have A Shoutout?

Everyone on the dojo will get a shoutout in the final game.

Thanks For Making This

No problem. This is my Christmas present to the Shenmue Community

Where Are The Fight Scenes?

There are no fight scenes in the demo. Wait for the fullgame.

This Game Sucks, You Suck

Love you to. Remember, this is something I just threw together. It's not suppose to be taken seriously. Hopefully next year, we can all work on a game together to make it extra awesome.

Distribution

Please do not share the links or reupload them. Link people to this thread. This is a Beta test for hardcore shenmue fans to try out, enjoy, and give feedback in order to make the final product amazing. Please respect these terms.

What Do You Still Need To Work On?

Ha, tons of stuff. sprites, scripts, grammar checks, importing a Shenmue user interface, audio, fight scenes, extra characters, animation, intro, ending etc. This is nowhere near finished.

When's The Final Version?

For those who actually enjoyed the game, the final version will be much MUCH bigger. (New areas, characters, sequences, fight scenes, voice clips, choices, UI etc) The game will go past Shenmue 1.... and on to a certain ship :)
Final version coming 2014.

Have You Got Any Other Projects Like This?

I have many different Shenmue Demo's, but this was the only one that was in a half decent state

How Can I Say Thank You And Support Shenmue

1)Give this thread a thumbs up and thank you
2)Buy the Ryo Hazuki first four figure statue
3)Buy Ryo DLC in sonic racing transformed
4)Buy Shenmue clothing from insertcoin
5)join TeamYu.net to save Shenmue
6)Sign up to the ShenmueDojo, ShenmueMaster Website.
7)Subscribe to ziming and AdamKoralik's youtube channels.

How to install The Game

1) First install the Arlrdbd font. Download here http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

Unzip font

Windows XP Font Install:
Drag arlrdbd.ttf into C:\Windows\Fonts - The font will automatically install.

- Windows 7/Vista Font Install:
Right click arlrdbd.ttf and then click "Install".

2)Download the base file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pwoaa5vxsnw28wa/Project+Shen+Base+File.zip

3)Download the sound/image file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5gck80wtvgd7yz/Project+Shen+Sound+and+Pics.zip

4)Extract base file (winrar, winzip)

5)Extract sound/image file (winrar , winzip)

6)The extracted sound and image file should be called "archive.rpa". copy this to the game directory of the basefile.
(Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo-all/game/PLACE ARCHIVE FILE HERE)

7)Double click the Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo application icon in the main directory.

Enjoy.

@ShenmueTree, I can't wait to try out Project Sekai. It's where my original inspiration came from. :king:

I hope all you guys have an awesome XMAS holiday, and a fantastic new year. Hopefully we get more Shenmue news in 2014. :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ic88sj.jpg

Giorgio Let's play of the game

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PlS7bJVQM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnjbBM2G-M

Enjoy
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shengirl

I have eyes for Ine San.
by munchmunch
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

itapck wrote: December 2017 or later... This is gonna be a long wait.

It's very short compared to the last one though.
by south carmain
Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any rules up in this place?

Don't be posting fake nonsense news about how Shenmue III is gunna be announced at e3 or nothin'. That shit will get you banned real quick.
by Thief
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awkward moment for Ryo

who the fuck just wakes up at night and wonders around like a derp?

there's only one reason he'd get in xiuying's bed - to explore the 8 principles of yin and yang
by MaxTheRabbit
Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What was the one thing you found unique about Shenmue?

For me, it's the amazing power the game has to compel people to post topics in the wrong forum.
by OL
Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

The guy on the left did a decent job of correcting them for some of the facts, but still, they missed the mark on some things and its just another example of game journalists trying to discredit the value of the kickstarter.
'Game journalists' is an oxymoron.

I can't even take any of this seriously since it seems like none of them have ever bothered to finish the game.

"Is Citizen Kane a good movie? I'll let you know after I watch the first 15 minutes."
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Capule Toys and Music from previous games.

Spanish native speaker here. Some interesting things that appear in that interview:

- Yu Suzuki is thinking in changing hairstyle and clothes for characters.

- With 5 millions reached he wants to include some strategy elements from the Warring States, a period of the Chinese history. He mentions that these strategies represent the states. Doesn't want to specify more to not spoil the surprise.

- No videogame company could satisfy what Yu Suzuki needed to do the game.

- Yu hasn't talked with Sega yet about including arcade games from their library.

- The interviewer mentions that ""we know Ren is appearing in Shenmue 3... will other characters appear?", to which Yu Suzuki answers that the story will be centered in new characters, and you could call them by phone. One of the photos says "Ren Wuying will have a lot of protagonism in Shenmue 3..." This does not either confirm or deny that Ren will indeed appear, so take that with a grain of salt.

- Basic scenarios for the entire story are more or less fixed. As he releases the games, he will adjust the 11 chapters accordingly.

- Yu Suzuki wants to have the demo out by the second half of the development. That is, after 2017 has started.
by DamonPlus
Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue had INCREDIBLY good controls

I wonder if any of the Sega members have ever explored Nagai Industries before the release... damnish, is it me or it's just impossible to climb the stairs without Ryo doing absurd things ? Wow, I didn't remember having particular issue with this before. :lol: Otherwise, it's still super cool to explore so confined and realistic areas in a third-person view videogame.
I can't recall ever having an issue with the stairs in Nagai Industries. Trying to enter the door to the office and accidentally starting a conversation with Mr Strong McTough standing guard outside, on the other hand? #-o :P
by ShenGCH
Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Premiere (Dreamcast Express Vol. 1) Subbed by Switch

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic