Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Should we be expecting AAA standards or indie standards?

Suzuki said Shenmue 3 would be more character orientated than open world exploration anyway. So I think this will really work in it's favour too.

This is actually what I'm worried about. I know before the Shenmue 3 announcement we all said "I don't care what it is long as Shenmue 3 is made" but we live in a world where it's being made, so now we're less desperate and want to say what it should and shouldn't be. But I can't think of a Shenmue game that isn't an open world. Shenmue was the first truly open world game I'd ever experienced. That was what drew me to the game. I saw a DVD showing how much freedom the player would have and I was hooked. So to think of a more linear Shenmue doesn't seem like Shenmue to me. I'm not expecting GTA V or Just Cause 2 but I'd like an open world similar in scope to Shenmue 1 and 2.

Yeah, I agree, the open world is very important IMHO. I don't care if the graphics aren't as good as modern AAA games, but it must have an open world like the first two games or it just won't be Shenmue.
by Gavan
Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenhua face!

And that is Uncharted - the benchmark game of PlayStation where technology is pretty much the main focus of the project.

In Yu we trust.
Uncharted 4 is very a relevant example since they are trying to upgrade a set of already established characters for current-gen hardware and modern standards, and that's exactly what Shenmue's characters design needs.

I would love to see character models that look as good as those of Uncharted 4, but I don't think we should be expecting that. We have to be realisitc, Shenmue 3 probably won't have the same budget. Personally I would be happy with "good enough" graphics (at least as good as the old games) as long as the characters look recognizable and the rest of the game is great.
by Gavan
Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outside Xbox: Let's Play Shenmue II (Xbox version obviou

Part 2:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

New episode:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 9:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gio Gorsi [The Point, Gamespot]- How Shenmue III came to

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 4:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Famitsu Interview with Yu (Sept 8th)

Personally, I fully trust Yu Suzuki. After all, he created the two best games of all time. His new ideas sound pretty cool and interesting. If he wants to try something new with the fighting system, that is fine with me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I just hope he has enough money...
by Gavan
Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 7:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 16:

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 17

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 19

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's interview : A New Shenmue

James Brown wrote:
Also it's finally nice to have clarification on the size of the game and towns, so it was only Choubu he was on about when comparing the size to Doubita!

Yeah, I am glad he cleared that up.
by Gavan
Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

I received a response from Thomas Hobbs regarding the article. I've posted my story here .

The exact response he was given was

"There are lots of opportunities for legacy titles. We are exploring. We know what fans want as they have a petition."

Hopefully Sega sees the fanfare over the past day and feels prompted to do something, though!

Actually this DOES sound to me like they are "exploring" re-releasing Shenmue 1 and 2. The petition he refers to is likely the one for Shenmue HD . Reason to be very optimistic IMHO \:D/

Which one? I've signed several petitions for Shenmue HD in the last month #-o

Here is one :
https://www.change.org/p/sega-remastered-hd-edition-of-shenmue-i-and-ii

There are probably several others. It definitely seems like he is talking about Shenmue. Especially since he was talking about Shenmue 3 earlier in the interview.
by Gavan
Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giant Bomb: Shenmue Endurance Run (Ongoing)

Trollism at its peak today but can't blame Vinny on that. Time skipping is a must for the eventual remaster. I didn't remember that the ticket part would take so much time.

Meh I don't know. They aren't even trying to do other stuff to kill time. That Vinny guy just went into this with his mind made up that the game sucks and he isn't really giving it his full attention. Not sure if I will keep watching this.
by Gavan
Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Telekill wrote:
Yeah, those are my top three games; Shenmue series, Uncharted series, and Resident Evil Remake.

You have good taste =D>
by Gavan
Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 - Game Informer Super Replay

They are back...

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic